RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
RANT:
My dad requested my future roommate (whom *I* have not even met yet) as his friend on FB..... :smack: :uhno: :shifty: :eyebrow: :ninja:

REALLY DAD?!?! :annoyed:

Members don't see this ad.

That's hilarious. Recruiting spies already?

It's funny because I know my dad... but SHE doesn't. To her it's some old man (no offense ;)) on a social network sight that's gonna creep through her pictures. :smuggrin:
Luckily after about 20 minutes of damage control, emailing her back and forth, we discovered we were apparently made from the same man :idea:. Our Dad's are pretty much the same cheesy joke tellers, who can make a best friend from the guy pumping gas next to him or the drive through clerk at the bank. They even have the same birthday! :eek:

I know my dad is a very social guy who likes to be close to the people who are close to me (he calls my boyfriend randomly all the time lol), but dude, I haven't even met her yet... give it some time. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Ugh my coworker has decided that I am the lab b@@*#. She ask me to do things for her eventhough she has time to do them herself (I know this because she stands behind me and watches me most of the time, or is in her office on the internet) and she then blames me when they don't work out. Today she said "maybe tommorow we can go over what you are doing so you don't make another mistake next time". Why don't you do it yourself then!:mad: It's not like I don't have my own projects. We share an office as well and she has taken up half of my desk with her things; empty Whole Foods bags and ordering catalogs. She also never washes her dishes and her coffee mug is literally brown inside with brown marks where her lips go. Dishes are often molding in the sink (eventhough there is a dishwashing brush that I bought right there). I just don't understand why I get walked all over just because I don't have a phd.

Wish there was an awkward turtle emoticon....

Awkward_Turtle_by_Crusader333.gif

Saying goodbye to my sweet baby girl, Biscuit, tonight. She is almost 17. I am trying to think of it in a bittersweet way, knowing she will no longer be in constant pain puts my mind at peace. It is so hard. I just gave her some chocolate and she loved it. So now I am going to buy her the biggest chocolate bar I can find.

Saying goodbye to my sweet baby girl, Biscuit, tonight. She is almost 17. I am trying to think of it in a bittersweet way, knowing she will no longer be in constant pain puts my mind at peace. It is so hard. I just gave her some chocolate and she loved it. So now I am going to buy her the biggest chocolate bar I can find.

I'm so sorry PSILT :( losing a pet is one of the hardest, most difficult situations to be in. She'll be in a better place, I'm sure you'll take some comfort in that. Thinking of you!

I find this touching. Thoughts are with you. :love:

You and Biscuit are in my thoughts. :hugs:

I'm so sorry PSILT. :( Love your and Biscuit's way.

Dog's loaded arse pointed in my direction and he won't stop firing. Help!

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like biscuit was lucky to have you! Sorry for your loss, PSILT.

:(:( Saying good bye is always the hardest. Sounds like Biscuit left on a sweet note. Sorry for your loss ps :(

So sorry for your loss. (((hugs)))

There are so many non-believers out there. I had a vet that I worked with for a little while that told me I shouldn't apply to The Ohio State because I'd never get in. He obviously didn't know me because I got in there and 6 other schools. You apply and make your application wonderful you'll get into your pick. And then you can say "So there." :luck: I believe in you.

Screw her! I have a close friend in vet school at RVC that was told something very similar by our college's pre health adviser (we called her the dream crusher). Fast forward a year, my friend got in to RVC and the adviser wanted a copy of my friend's acceptance letter for HER success file! Of course my friend said no.

What does this psych adviser know about vet school admissions anyways?
Let your haters be your motivators:)

She definitely crossed the line. If it helps at all, advisors, profs etc are notoriously bad at predicting who will or won't get into graduate schools. I won't bore you with my own story, but my adviser gave me VERY bad advice and I feel lucky to have survived the process. Go ahead with your plan! The best of luck to you!

I'm happy I changed my advisor! He was very pessimistic and while he wasn't bad with choosing classes, he also wasn't very nice when talking about vet school and that I will have to do a ton better if I want to study vet med - but he won't help me in terms of tutors, which classes might be good to take, etc. Anything. I did everything myself.

I just changed advisors and picked my freshman orientation advisor. Already love the change! He already asked me to help him with research next semester, helped me get into two classes I really wanted for next semester and always send me emails with new opportunities (he's now trying to make it so I get credit for my practicum!). I'm so much happier with him.

Well, rant: My grandma's dog didn't hurt her foot. She's having trouble with a herniated disk again. The vet said if it gets worse, she might lose the ability to walk completely. I know she's old, but she's the first dog I remember getting as a puppy and it's hard to accept that she might not make it much longer. I know she's in pain, but still.. :( If she doesn't come up running to you when you come in the door, there's something wrong. Even with her age now, she always did that. Now she barely lifts her head, so she must really be feeling bad. She's already been to the vet twice this week and she's back on Saturday again. :(

thanks guys. i plan on proving her wrong one day.

@psilovethomas . i'm sorry for your loss :(

we had an antinatalist come into the hospital i assist at today :eyebrow: she wanted us to euthanize 3 healthy kitten and the mother cat :mad: of course we declined.. she even told one of our doctors not to have children.. geeze.

planned a birthday dinner with a friend who made the reservation. looked online and saw that the price per entree is over 45..i mean i'm a broke college student, i can't afford that and i hate asking my parents for money! .. well i double checked with the friend who tells me there are tapas that are around 8 .. well we went to eat last night and i ended up paying around 50 for myself because THERE WERE NO TAPAS!! :confused: so now i'm broke until my next paycheck

last one. my friend's family just purchased a puppy. i'm a strong advocate for animal rescues and she had asked me about getting a dog .. i told her everything i knew about byb and puppy mills. it turns out she dgaf and bought a "shihtzu" which actually looks exactly like a pekingese. now she's complaining to me about potty training and other problems.. i gave her advise in the past when she asked for it but it doesn't seem like she's listening ..

Last edited:
My puppy doesn't like to cuddle/snuggle. She only likes to bite me when I try to hold her or pet her.

I'm annoyed.

I'm tired of having my friends tell me that their relationships won't ruin our friendship and then them completely shutting me out. People wonder why I don't allow myself to get close to others...this is why. I'm just tired of it. I've now accepted my fate as a crazy cat spinster.

One of my housemates decided it would be a good idea to bring over about 10 of her friends last night, at 3 AM. No, I don't know why she thought this would be okay. I told them they had to leave, they did (luckily while apologizing to me profusely), but left all the downstairs lights on and both doors unlocked.

One of my housemates decided it would be a good idea to bring over about 10 of her friends last night, at 3 AM. No, I don't know why she thought this would be okay. I told them they had to leave, they did (luckily while apologizing to me profusely), but left all the downstairs lights on and both doors unlocked.
One of my housemates did this during finals week. I was so pissed.

My puppy doesn't like to cuddle/snuggle. She only likes to bite me when I try to hold her or pet her.

I'm annoyed.
Aww. Get her completely exhausted then snuggle her when she passes out! That's how I snuggled with my little monster. Now he's a 70lb lap dog!
hrbj9u.jpg

advice-animals-memes-first-world-puppy-problems-human-was-too-tired-six-hours-ago.jpg

I'm annoyed.

I grew up with overly snuggly boxers my whole life and when I went away to undergrad I went and got a boxer mix at the shelter since I love a good snuggler...
She HATES to be touched. You can't pet her, scratch her, hug her, love her, nothing. :( she literally flips out and runs away.
So when we got the mastiff mix and all he wanted to do was snuggle, I was madly in love. I love my baby girl boxer more than anything, but my mastiff's big heavy snuggles make me happy :D

GOD DAMMIT!!! THERE IS SOMETHING IN THE WASHING MACHINE!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Obviously something in someones pocket... and now i have to listen to it go round... and round... and round...

and its a front loader so I can't even open it up and get it out :(

Hope it doesnt do any damage... :(

Worked a concert today with Snoop Dogg as headliner. Most of the attendees were in diapers when snoop's big hits were charting. We took 11 people to jail for drunkenness and running from the cops. And it ran pretty darn smoothly for everyone else because I busted my ass to make sure it did. I didn't get a break for 7hours, people who thought they were helping me fouled things up so that I had to triple check paperwork.

And then to top it all off, on my way home my co-worker called to say he was calling in sick because he's out of town tomorrow evening. 10 hour shift just became 14.5 hrs alone. It will be dark both when I leave for work and when I go home tomorrow.

I might kill someone. Probably the officer who dropped the ball on organization for the event, then posted pics of him and Snoop to FB tonight.

That's how it works with my sister's Chihuahua. Snuggling is on his terms, and only after he's bounced around for 4 hours straight. Snuggling happens during his recharge times. :laugh:

My chihuahua is the biggest snuggle bug in the world. She can go from 0 to 60 and back again to 0 in no time at all. I have literally seen her go from snoring to leaping repeatedly 3 ft in the air because she heard hubby's car and then back to snoring within 15 seconds because she didn't hear him get out of the car. :love:I need to put a picture of my dogs as my avatar at some point. Pretty much the awesome canines to ever live. I'm not biased, either.

Also - you are so freaking bad ass, FTB! ;)

Worked a concert today with Snoop Dogg as headliner. Most of the attendees were in diapers when snoop's big hits were charting. We took 11 people to jail for drunkenness and running from the cops. And it ran pretty darn smoothly for everyone else because I busted my ass to make sure it did. I didn't get a break for 7hours, people who thought they were helping me fouled things up so that I had to triple check paperwork.

Ugh. I'm so mad.

I was stupid enough to do that free subscription at Books-a-Million. I cancelled it, but still was charged a while ago. Called the number they gave me and got a refund. I was even told there are no more magazines on my account. I got more charges now, adding up to about $80. I called about 10 different numbers, two of which I got from BAM, but have not talked to a rep yet, besides one who gave me another number. They all go to the same automated message and then voicemail.

I really just want to money back and to make sure they can't charge me again, we then want to close the account and get a new bank account. Ugh.

My doggie died at home this morning, an hour before her scheduled euthanasia.

On the one hand, she was outside in her favorite place, surrounded by her family. But on the other, I feel like that means we waited entirely too long, and the idea that she may have been suffering needlessly makes me very, very sad.

And also I miss her a lot.

I'm so sorry hopeful. Losing a pet is always hard. I know it's easy to think that you might have waited too long but it was just her time to go. You didn't do anything wrong. You were doing right by her by trying to get the vet to her.

Hopeful, I agree with Lissa, it was just his time. *hugs* to you and your family as you go through this.

Also - you are so freaking bad ass, FTB! ;)

Haha I TOTALLY agree with this!!! When I saw FTB's fitocracy pic, I was like, whoa, I wanna see this girl in a bar fight!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Maybe vs DSMoody? Lol. :smuggrin:
You two must be smokin' crack like Snoop. Badass? Moi? I dunno about that. Though I would TOTALLY get into a knock-down-drag-out with DSMoody just for the hell of it. But then he'd mop the floor with me and bench press my lifeless body to prove he could. :laugh:

So sorry hopeful. Maybe she didn't want to take the trip to the vet so she chose to go in her favorite place. I hope I can pass sitting in my favorite place instead of some strange hospital. I think you have nothing to be regretful for. Hang in there and be at peace knowing she is.

The lemurs? Is it because of the rodent like teeth or the woodpecker like fingers?

That long, disgusting finger that fingers fruits as it licks it... it just looks... dirty and gross and creepy :shifty:

That long, disgusting finger that fingers fruits as it licks it... it just looks... dirty and gross and creepy :shifty:

Hahaha, yeah I agree. I like that it is described as a woodpecker like finger.

I guess I sort of knew this was a possibility in the back of my head somewhere when I took on a neurologic dog (we knew it was more complex than just cerebellar dysfunction as she shows some cerebral signs and sensorineural deafness as well...) but my 1 year and 1 month old dog had her first (that I know of) seizure today. So now I'm on seizure watch duty instead of studying for my Tox final tomorrow. Welp.

And the in-laws to be have done it again. So at first the best man asked if his girlfriend could bring her sister or her mother from out of town, since her parents won't let her travel from CA to AZ be herself (she's 26, but she's some sort of Asian and her parents seem over protective). I said I needed a little time to think on it and it would be okay. Well he got pissed and I just wanted to say no, but because he was threatening to just go to the ceremony and I want everyone to be happy I said yes. Now I get told that said sister is bringing her boyfriend. There was no asking. And I'm so pissed about it, it's making me sick. I want people to be happy, but I want them to stop trying to control my wedding. Oh and the girlfriend hasn't actually met anyone that'll be at the wedding except the best man, not the fiance's parents or siblings, or me, or the fiance. I had to not invited my friends that both the fiance and I knew to accommodate my family and his parents friends and coworkers. I also couldn't invite any of the people I worked with because of this. Now he's trying to add another guest. I handpicked all my guests because they were special to me and I wanted to share this moment with them. To make things even better, these uninvited guests are also coming to the rehearsal dinner. That was supposed to be more intimate, but apparently not. I'm just so upset about it, I want to not have the wedding and just sign the stupid paper and be done with it. Every time I try to do something his parents and the rest of his family try to control it. I wish he didn't belong to them. He's even getting so pissed that after they help us move he never wants to talk to them again. At least we're together on this.

And the in-laws to be have done it again. So at first the best man asked if his girlfriend could bring her sister or her mother from out of town, since her parents won't let her travel from CA to AZ be herself (she's 26, but she's some sort of Asian and her parents seem over protective). I said I needed a little time to think on it and it would be okay. Well he got pissed and I just wanted to say no, but because he was threatening to just go to the ceremony and I want everyone to be happy I said yes. Now I get told that said sister is bringing her boyfriend. There was no asking. And I'm so pissed about it, it's making me sick. I want people to be happy, but I want them to stop trying to control my wedding. Oh and the girlfriend hasn't actually met anyone that'll be at the wedding except the best man, not the fiance's parents or siblings, or me, or the fiance. I had to not invited my friends that both the fiance and I knew to accommodate my family and his parents friends and coworkers. I also couldn't invite any of the people I worked with because of this. Now he's trying to add another guest. I handpicked all my guests because they were special to me and I wanted to share this moment with them. To make things even better, these uninvited guests are also coming to the rehearsal dinner. That was supposed to be more intimate, but apparently not. I'm just so upset about it, I want to not have the wedding and just sign the stupid paper and be done with it. Every time I try to do something his parents and the rest of his family try to control it. I wish he didn't belong to them. He's even getting so pissed that after they help us move he never wants to talk to them again. At least we're together on this.
Politely inform the best man that he has three invites. Himself, the GF and the sister. If the sister insists on bringing her BF they can go pound sand together or she can go to the ceremony alone, unless she feels like reimbursing you the cost of his (sister's BF's) attendance. And that they are welcome to find their own plans on rehearsal night, as it is an intimate group and you don't know us.

I guess I sort of knew this was a possibility in the back of my head somewhere when I took on a neurologic dog (we knew it was more complex than just cerebellar dysfunction as she shows some cerebral signs and sensorineural deafness as well...) but my 1 year and 1 month old dog had her first (that I know of) seizure today. So now I'm on seizure watch duty instead of studying for my Tox final tomorrow. Welp.
Unfortunately I know how much this sucks. No many how many times it occurs, it is always a horrifying experience to me. All of me thinks there should be something to do to help, but we are helpless.

Every time I try to do something his parents and the rest of his family try to control it. I wish he didn't belong to them. He's even getting so pissed that after they help us move he never wants to talk to them again. At least we're together on this.

I totally agree with FTB on reiterating that they were given three invites and that you just can't accommodate one more, especially one more you don't know.

Secondly, just take a deep breath and know that it will be fine. Getting married and trying to integrate into another family is hard. Couple that with the stress and anxiety of a wedding and with the start of vet school and it's bound to be pretty darn volatile.

I butted heads like crazy with my in laws before out wedding, to the point I almost called it off because I didn't want to be a part of their family. At the same time, I was starting a new job and moving to a new city. 10 years later, I realize I was just unbelievably stressed and anxious and sort of terrified of the future. Now we have an awesome relationship because we can all chill out and be ourselves.

Not saying that your situation is exactly the same, because some people are just truly jerks, but the most important thing is that you are marrying the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. If some jackass you don't know shows up to the wedding it's really not going to matter 5 or 10 years from now. :)

Follow up to my earlier rant: I actually got to talk to a person now! He was very apologetic and nice, so I didn't have the hard to be mad at him. He told me all the conversations are recorded, so if there are any more problems, I could report him. I should get my money back in the next three days.

:xf:

How inconsiderate?! Despite all of these set-backs, I really hope your wedding day is very special. Congratulations btw! :love:

Politely inform the best man that he has three invites. Himself, the GF and the sister. If the sister insists on bringing her BF they can go pound sand together or she can go to the ceremony alone, unless she feels like reimbursing you the cost of his (sister's BF's) attendance. And that they are welcome to find their own plans on rehearsal night, as it is an intimate group and you don't know us.
:thumbup: Well said.

I'm so sorry you're dealing with this, orcagirl, but are you sure we aren't trying to plan the same wedding??

The crappy parts of my wedding planning started with something similar (fiance's parents' friends asked when the wedding was, and when his parents told them, they said they could probably make it out here, and they were NOT on the invitation list). Needless to say, I was fuming (I think I posted about it on here too!). Then, about a month or so after I found out that couple was coming, I found out they were also bringing their son and his gf :mad::mad::mad: Anyway, now they aren't coming because one of them is having surgery. It sucks because I wanted so badly for them not to be there (I don't think they're nice people), but now one of them is going into surgery... Not at all close to a good thing.

Anyway, my point is, yes it sucks, and yes you can tell them the invitation was not open to her bf.

Unfortunately I know how much this sucks. No many how many times it occurs, it is always a horrifying experience to me. All of me thinks there should be something to do to help, but we are helpless.

Yeah, it was a bit of a jolt and I had to keep reminding myself that as long as it didn't last too long it wasn't that huge of a deal with a dog I already know has neurologic problems and just stay calm, time it and keep her where she can't hurt herself. But it still rattles a little, you know. I emailed the neurologist who worked her up initially and let her know, told her if she wants us to schedule an appointment I will, otherwise will keep on the watch for any more seizure activity and keep her informed.

Yeah, it was a bit of a jolt and I had to keep reminding myself that as long as it didn't last too long it wasn't that huge of a deal with a dog I already know has neurologic problems and just stay calm, time it and keep her where she can't hurt herself. But it still rattles a little, you know. I emailed the neurologist who worked her up initially and let her know, told her if she wants us to schedule an appointment I will, otherwise will keep on the watch for any more seizure activity and keep her informed.
I hate dog seizures. They are probably one of the scariest things I have ever witnessed. Good luck with your pup.