Re-taking a class and studying for Mcat???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AlphaDxG

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
ffdd

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
If I retake first semester physics and get an A(I got a C first semester), it will raise my DO gpa to a 3.45 instead of a 3.35. Now I will be taking the Mcat in July, I was wondering if this is a good idea to retake the class in June at the same time I will be studying for the MCAT.

I don't want to **** up my chances of getting a bad score on MCAT, but I do want to get into the 3.45 science gpa.

Any thoughts???

(BTW, I would not need to retake the lab, I got an A in the lab so I would only need to take the lecture, which is 4 week course)

It wouldn't hurt, especially that the MCAT does test you on physics. It would be a great refresher course for you.

It wouldn't hurt, especially that the MCAT does test you on physics. It would be a great refresher course for you.

that's true, but I would still need to study about 2 hours a day extra for the class so I can still get an A, in total 10 hours a week probably for 4 weeks to get an A in the course.

A lot of time that I could be studying for the Mcat. Just not sure what to do.