Reapplicant and ....Interview problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angelomen4

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals
I applied dental school in cycle 2016, but still havnt heard any acceptance yet,
Interviewed @usc, Roseman, NYU, MWU-AZ, Touro. Rejected by MWU, WLed by the rest.
I am working on the new cycle right now.

Q1: I am wondering if there are any particular sections that I need to improve significantly(only from stats aspect)?
My stats:
3.4 sGPA and 3.6 oGPA \
22 AA 21TS 22 PAT CA residnc
200hr ER volunteer, and 200hr General dental shadowing.
4 years research exp with 2 publications and one review in progress( unfortunately all of them are 3rd author.)

Q2: For the new application opening next week, I was trying to rewrite the whole PS part, but progress is slow, cuz except mentioning more shadowing hrs, new publication and altering the way to same the same thing, I have nothing else to say.
I used to think adding in new understanding of how I overcoming obstacles, but I am afraid that if it may make the new PS contradictory to the old one?

***Q3***:
I asked my friends and also one of the interviewers that I had in cycle 2016 pointed out that I need to improve my interview skill. And the question is in AADSAS application how to show that I am improving my interview skills to the schools I had interview last cycle?

All suggestions and comments are really appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Do mock Interviews and join an interview workshop. Asking real life friends to practice is also a good idea. Strangers on the internet won't be of much help to you.

Reactions: 1 users
Do mock Interviews and join an interview workshop. Asking real life friends to practice is also a good idea. Strangers on the internet won't be of much help to you.
Thank you Likkriue!
That is the plan
But may I ask for the application part? Keep it as it was?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you Likkriue!
That is the plan
But may I ask for the application part? Keep it as it was?

Definitely change some stuff up and add in more stuff from shadowing. I would suggest to google up other reapplicants and see how they changed things up. The most important part is the interviews, because to get 5 interview offers means your application was good. So that's where the real issue was.

Reactions: 1 users
Definitely change some stuff up and add in more stuff from shadowing. I would suggest to google up other reapplicants and see how they changed things up. The most important part is the interviews, because to get 5 interview offers means your application was good. So that's where the real issue was.
Really appreciate your fast response =)
gonna do more work during this weekend!~