recruitment scholarship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

=w=

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Questions regarding to recruitment scholarship. I know PennVet offers full-ride scholarship so is there any other school offers recruitment scholarship like this? Or maybe is there any school that provide IS tuition starting from the first year for OOS applicant as a scholarship? Tia:)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure plenty of the vet schools have one or two *really good* scholarships. They're just difficult to fine out about because they're kept internally. I can think of only 1 scholarship that drops tuition to IS levels at Illinois and it doesn't become available until second year if I remember correctly.

The AAVMC lists somewhere in their public data what percentage of veterinary students are granted a scholarship in that year reporting. But I don't think it lists how much the average is.

Questions regarding to recruitment scholarship. I know PennVet offers full-ride scholarship so is there any other school offers recruitment scholarship like this? Or maybe is there any school that provide IS tuition starting from the first year for OOS applicant as a scholarship? Tia:)
I was offered one from Iowa State. It wasn’t a full ride but it was a very generous chunk. And a friend of mine received one from Penn. In my n=2 experience, we were both offered the scholarships when we received our acceptances and had not applied for them (nor did we know they were even a thing). I wouldn't count on getting one since they're few and far between, but you never know! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Not super common but here are a couple tidbits from my experience:

1. Not sure where you're from, but I applied to LMU and was offered a scholarship at the time of admission due in part to growing up in Appalachia (didn't end up deciding to go there, but it was nice)

2. NC State offers in-state after your first year (unless this has changed since the time I applied)

I'm sure plenty of the vet schools have one or two *really good* scholarships. They're just difficult to fine out about because they're kept internally. I can think of only 1 scholarship that drops tuition to IS levels at Illinois and it doesn't become available until second year if I remember correctly.

The AAVMC lists somewhere in their public data what percentage of veterinary students are granted a scholarship in that year reporting. But I don't think it lists how much the average is.
Thank you so much! I will look into the AAVMC!

I was offered one from Iowa State. It wasn’t a full ride but it was a very generous chunk. And a friend of mine received one from Penn. In my n=2 experience, we were both offered the scholarships when we received our acceptances and had not applied for them (nor did we know they were even a thing). I wouldn't count on getting one since they're few and far between, but you never know! :)
Good to know! Thank you so much!!

Not super common but here are a couple tidbits from my experience:

1. Not sure where you're from, but I applied to LMU and was offered a scholarship at the time of admission due in part to growing up in Appalachia (didn't end up deciding to go there, but it was nice)

2. NC State offers in-state after your first year (unless this has changed since the time I applied)
NC state seems to have a good deal! Thank you:)

Reactions: 1 user