Residency transfer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txlioness

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with transferring to another residency program?

I saw only one thread regarding this topic....so any other info besides "directors concerned why you want to transfer or did you do your research on program before ranking? blah, blah, etc, etc." I know some ppl want to transfer for different reasons, etc.

My reason is that I feel that I am not getting the experience that I prefer, director isn't as open to educational opps for residents, some of the attendings seem uninterested in teaching, lack of other facility affiliations to provide additional chances for cases or experiences.

I know I can do a fellowship but I still would like to get decent training during residency.

So anyone out there that has gone through the process of transferring, please chime in :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

It has been done. I think its probably super hard in the face of the shortage though. I'd say if you have friends as connections from other residencies that's you're best bet.