Retake MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davethewave2255

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I have finished my application (complete w/ letters and secondaries, verified....etc) at about 22 schools...They are all around my MCAT range.

Today it is Aug 4.

I anticipate that with my MCAT/GPA of 511/3.88 and strong application, I will get interviews.

However, due to my stats, I anticipate getting interviews later in the year, say, starting early winter till mid late spring.

That gives me till October to take the MCAT one more time...

I scored very well on the SAT, I scored pretty well on the MCAT and I only studied for 3-4 weeks. I know if I pack in time between now and the exam in September 23rd.... I know I will have a higher score, by at least 2 or 3 points on the new mcat.

Am I willing to put in the time? Yes, I am eager to.

Will it pay off for this round?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

haha, Goro appreciate the advice. I am sure I can do better, but I will listen to your advice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to even mention what Goro said, taking an October MCAT will do absolutely nothing for you this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
Retaking a good MCAT that late into the cycle makes no sense. You will be fine with this score.

With that GPA, you don't need more than a 511.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey you only studied for 3-4 weeks and got a decent score...

I feel like admission process is random and even if you're qualified some people may not be invited due to just huge amount of applicants that year. Just be patient and do something fun in the mean time.