rosalind franklin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Why does this school have such a low average GPA? Are they looking for something special?

the school selection spreadsheet lists the median gpa at 3.7 and median mcat at 31. im not sure what it was in the past, but its not low now

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, it's possible. Do you think they will be sending out acceptances with the rejections? We haven't had an acceptance on SDN in weeks.

Nothing in the mail today. I think they go through individual applications in our pool, accepting or rejecting a few at a time, as soon as they hear back from someone who has declined an invitation. If it's true that they give up to two weeks for people to decide, that might explain why it seems like they're taking forever.

Members don't see this ad :)
the school selection spreadsheet lists the median gpa at 3.7 and median mcat at 31. im not sure what it was in the past, but its not low now

I read the average GPA for those who actually attended was a little under a 3.5.

Nothing in the mail today. I think they go through individual applications in our pool, accepting or rejecting a few at a time, as soon as they hear back from someone who has declined an invitation. If it's true that they give up to two weeks for people to decide, that might explain why it seems like they're taking forever.

Yeah, maybe that is their method. Either way, I'm wishing it was faster. I haven't heard anything yet, so maybe that is a good thing?

this year's waitlist is a lot slower than last year's. Last year's CMS waitlist had a pretty good movement. They probably over accepted during the interview season and darn it, it's bad for us. Looking at the glass half empty :( The previous year they didn't even send out rejections until 7/23 (~1st rejection post last year). Maybe they're tackling this year's admission process a bit differently to not let a bunch of us keep hoping that the next day would be it. I really want to have some closure, though not being rejected yet is a good thing.

Last edited:
this year's waitlist is a lot slower than last year's. Last year's CMS waitlist had a pretty good movement. They probably over accepted during the interview season and darn it, it's bad for us. Looking at the glass half empty :( The previous year they didn't even send out rejections until 7/23 (~1st rejection post last year). Maybe they're tackling this year's admission process a bit differently to not let a bunch of us keep hoping that the next day would be it. I really want to have some closure, though not being rejected yet is a good thing.

I guess I would rather they keep sending rejections to those of us that don't have a chance of acceptance. As acceptances and rejections keep coming out, it gives me a little hope that I haven't heard anything. Hopefully they haven't over accepted this year and they are just doing things differently compared to last year.

still waiting to hear too, called last thurs and they told me my file is still active. Good luck everyone! :luck:

Hey I just wanted to let you guys on here know I got an acceptance this morning via e-mail at 10:46. My first one and I am definitely ELATED.....i've already experienced the pain of waiting and I know it sucks. I'll check back on here if anybody has any questions. Best of Luck to all and keep at it! :):):):):)

Hey I just wanted to let you guys on here know I got an acceptance this morning via e-mail at 10:46. My first one and I am definitely ELATED.....i've already experienced the pain of waiting and I know it sucks. I'll check back on here if anybody has any questions. Best of Luck to all and keep at it! :):):):):)

Congrats!!!

Hate to be a nerd, but do you mind if I ask your stats? They must have some sort of algorithm, but I am still trying to figure out what that is. I believe they may favor a higher GPA over MCAT.

Yay the ball is still rolling.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hate to be a nerd, but do you mind if I ask your stats? They must have some sort of algorithm, but I am still trying to figure out what that is. I believe they may favor a higher GPA over MCAT.

MCAT:31(B:13, P:11, V:7) , GPA:3.92, Out of State, traditional. I sent them a letter of intent recently but they didn't confirm them receiving it until after I was accepted.......

Congrats!!! I guess the rest of us still have hope!! :luck: If you don't mind me asking, when did you interview?? It seems like recent interviewees have been getting pulled off the list first...wondering if they are re-reviewing each file by month??

MCAT:31(B:13, P:11, V:7) , GPA:3.92, Out of State, traditional. I sent them a letter of intent recently but they didn't confirm them receiving it until after I was accepted.......

Hmm... seems very odd. Based on your stats I would have said you would have been accepted right away. Hehe.... This suggests that there is NO algorithm, only luck. :luck:

Or that the other individuals taken from the waitlist pool were in-state (I'm not sure if they were or not).

yea they sent me an e-mail saying they received it later in the day after I had already gotten an e-mail saying I was accepted. I e-mailed it to them last thursday so I'm not sure if they got the chance to read it or not.

I interviewed April 30th I believe(not sure on the date but it was definitely April)

hey everybody, just wanted to let you know I got a rejection letter today. It was post marked July 1st (it needed to be forwarded to my current address). Good luck to everyone everyone still waiting.

hey wanted to let you guys know I got an email acceptance today around 10am. I had a relatively low gpa/mcat so for those of u still waiting, there's def still hope! Also, I'd send letters to specific people rather then the generic admissions email only. Could just be a coincidence but I think when you let them know in personalized, specific terms why you wanna go they'll be more receptive than getting a generic LOIs to their main email...I'd be happy to answer any more questions if anyone wants to know anything I did specifically.

hey wanted to let you guys know I got an email acceptance today around 10am. I had a relatively low gpa/mcat so for those of u still waiting, there's def still hope! Also, I'd send letters to specific people rather then the generic admissions email only. Could just be a coincidence but I think when you let them know in personalized, specific terms why you wanna go they'll be more receptive than getting a generic LOIs to their main email...I'd be happy to answer any more questions if anyone wants to know anything I did specifically.

Well, it's good news that the list is moving!

Do you mind if I ask your stats? Do you have any special connections with RF (e.g., were you in another program of theirs)? When did you interview? Are you an in-state or out-of-state applicant?

I think I will end up going there, and no, I did not have any special connections to RFU other than being in-state...(also my GPA was around 3.5 and my mcat was well below 30 just to give anyone still waiting some confidence...good luck guys!

Same here. I called them last week and got the response "Your application is still active." Judging from last year's waitlist's thread, the last day they will give us an acceptance notice would be aug 5 since it seems they send out notices on tues and thurs. Last year's last acceptance was aug 4. Two weeks more and we'll get some closure.

By the way, anyone out there considering to turn down an RFU acceptance? :)

I'M IN!!!

It took a masters degree, 5+ years of laboratory and clinical research and 2 application cycles, but it was worth it!

Got the e-mail at 11:30 this morning (unfortunately didn't see it until 3:30). I'm an out of state applicant with a relatively good GPA & MCAT.

Jon, I truly wish you the best of luck. I hope you get in.

First off I would like to wish everyone the best of luck. Secondly, I was wondering if there were any incoming male M1's that are in need of a roommate. I have a large two bedroom, two bathroom apartment at the Woodlands which is next to the campus and walking distance to everything. If you could please email me back at [email protected] we can discuss the plans. Again I wish everyone the best of luck with this process.

Same here. I called them last week and got the response "Your application is still active." Judging from last year's waitlist's thread, the last day they will give us an acceptance notice would be aug 5 since it seems they send out notices on tues and thurs. Last year's last acceptance was aug 4. Two weeks more and we'll get some closure.

Hey I just got back from vacation. looks like you guys are still waiting, but you still have more than 2 weeks, i am pretty sure the last aceptance was during orientation week last year

So I just got accepted this morning.. which I find totally ironic because I'm literally packing my car and driving to Tulane this afternoon.. I will be turning it down but only because I already have set plans, an apartment, roommates, etc.. I loved RFU when I was there and wished I had had the chance to make this decision earlier in the year.. It might have turned out differently who knows..

Just updating you.. Jon you hear anything yet?

So I just got accepted this morning.. which I find totally ironic because I'm literally packing my car and driving to Tulane this afternoon.. I will be turning it down but only because I already have set plans, an apartment, roommates, etc.. I loved RFU when I was there and wished I had had the chance to make this decision earlier in the year.. It might have turned out differently who knows..

How much time/number of days do they give you give you to decide if you want to attend RFU or not. I just want to know the turn over rate around this time. Does the acceptance email tell you to call them or return a letter if you're not interested? Since hope is still pretty much alive, I'm trying to decide if I should sign a new lease on Aug 5th or wait in the very very last minute. Thanks for letting us know that you got a notice today. Good luck in Tulane.

Wow, that is ironic. I'm sure you are going to love Tulane though, I wouldn't worry about it. As for me, I haven't heard anything yet, thanks for asking though! Drive safe, keep in touch, and enjoy med school. :D

How much time/number of days do they give you give you to decide if you want to attend RFU or not. I just want to know the turn over rate around this time. Does the acceptance email tell you to call them or return a letter if you're not interested? Since hope is still pretty much alive, I'm trying to decide if I should sign a new lease on Aug 5th or wait in the very very last minute. Thanks for letting us know that you got a notice today. Good luck in Tulane.

hey. thanks. they gave me till august 5th to decide and it was via email to decline and a declaration of intent via mail to accept. hope my spot goes to one of you guys.

scary thought. no waitlist movement in the sdn official waitlist thread = :eek:. no movement in this thread today = :(.