Roseman University Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***Official Roseman University Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance thread***

Link to interview prep: Roseman University of Health Sciences College of Dental Medicine Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Got an email stating they have started review of my application 25 minutes ago. AADSAS status was also updated to Received/Under Review.

Submitted AADSAS: June 16th, 2020 12:06amEST
Submitted Supplemental: June 7th, 2020 6:11pmEST
Completion Email: June 24th, 2020 5:04pmEST

Got an email stating they have started review of my application 25 minutes ago. AADSAS status was also updated to Received/Under Review.

Submitted AADSAS: June 16th, 2020 12:06amEST
Submitted Supplemental: June 7th, 2020 6:11pmEST
Completion Email: June 24th, 2020 5:04pmEST
As did I!

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck everyone!

Interview usually start mid September, I think invites go out a couple of weeks before that. I don’t know if Covid will change anything

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what the grading system of this school is and if lectures are mandatory attendance? Also, are lectures recorded and available online?

Does anyone know what the grading system of this school is and if lectures are mandatory attendance? Also, are lectures recorded and available online?
Things are in flux due to the pandemic. Technically - lectures are mandatory. However, they have been online and therefore not mandatory. Lectures were not recorded before the pandemic. Now they are.

Grading system is based on a 90% requirement to pass. You need a minimum of 85% on your individual assessment with an additional 5% from a group assessment to achieve 90% to pass.

There are technically no grades and the school operates on a pass fail system.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have!

Things are in flux due to the pandemic. Technically - lectures are mandatory. However, they have been online and therefore not mandatory. Lectures were not recorded before the pandemic. Now they are.

Grading system is based on a 90% requirement to pass. You need a minimum of 85% on your individual assessment with an additional 5% from a group assessment to achieve 90% to pass.

There are technically no grades and the school operates on a pass fail system.

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have!
Does this kind of grading system, pass/fail, with such a high mark of 90% make it very stressful at this school and difficult to succeed?

Does this kind of grading system, pass/fail, with such a high mark of 90% make it very stressful at this school and difficult to succeed?

No, not really. It is a high standard but it is definitely achievable. The professors are not trying to ‘trick you’ in the assessments. If you study the material, it is attainable without question.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What do people think about this program? Do you get a good education and are are any research opportunities? Would it be worth it to attend over other schools if you are attending on the HPSP scholarship?

D4 here currently at Roseman University. I'm an open book. Ask any questions you like.

What do people think about this program? Do you get a good education and are are any research opportunities? Would it be worth it to attend over other schools if you are attending on the HPSP scholarship?
There are very few research opportunities. I can think of about 3-5 students in the class that did a little bit of research. It's definitely not the focus at Roseman. Some students are going to graduate with about 620k in debt so yes, HPSP is probably a good way to go. Especially since roseman likes to "nickel and dime" it's students. They are charging us $600 just to take CDCA at the school. isn't 95k a year enough?! but whatevs, it's always just another drop in the bucket haha. As a program, it's ok. They don't prep you very well for boards which is why our class had a pretty low pass rate on Part 1. Pretty sure like 15 people didn't pass it on the first try. I luckily passed both NBDE 1 and 2 first try but it was because I studied my tail off by myself for months to prep. Not because Roseman prepared me. Also, we never had a dental materials class hahaha can you believe that?! Total joke! So, boards wise get ready to study a lot of things you've never heard of. As far as hand skills go they get us into clinic early at least and get us a good amount of experience early though this can depend on the team that you are paired with and the faculty you are assigned to.

Reactions: 4 users
There are very few research opportunities. I can think of about 3-5 students in the class that did a little bit of research. It's definitely not the focus at Roseman. Some students are going to graduate with about 620k in debt so yes, HPSP is probably a good way to go. Especially since roseman likes to "nickel and dime" it's students. They are charging us $600 just to take CDCA at the school. isn't 95k a year enough?! but whatevs, it's always just another drop in the bucket haha. As a program, it's ok. They don't prep you very well for boards which is why our class had a pretty low pass rate on Part 1. Pretty sure like 15 people didn't pass it on the first try. I luckily passed both NBDE 1 and 2 first try but it was because I studied my tail off by myself for months to prep. Not because Roseman prepared me. Also, we never had a dental materials class hahaha can you believe that?! Total joke! So, boards wise get ready to study a lot of things you've never heard of. As far as hand skills go they get us into clinic early at least and get us a good amount of experience early though this can depend on the team that you are paired with and the faculty you are assigned to.
Thank you for responding! Yeah there’s no way I’m taking on that much debt haha, the research stuff worries me a bit but I’ll definitely take a closer look pending whether or not I get in and what options I have

Thank you for responding! Yeah there’s no way I’m taking on that much debt haha, the research stuff worries me a bit but I’ll definitely take a closer look pending whether or not I get in and what options I have
Absolutely, seriously any questions you have I will do my best to give you the most accurate response and share my experiences that I've had during my time here at Roseman. During interviews be sure to ask students about molar endo, peds exposure, ortho exposure, implants etc. At roseman you will NOT place an implant. Chances of doing a molar endo are slim to none and I don't think I've ever seen an ortho case. Our ortho class was taught by a pediatric dentist so we really didn't learn anything about ortho. I had to figure it all out by myself when studying for part 2 boards. If you want to do ortho or perio/implants roseman is definitely not for you.

Last edited:
Not at all, if anything they make it easier so that you can get the 90%. There's usually about 5 people that don't pass each test and they only miss it by a question or two. Then the professor will review it with everyone and the retake test is about half of the same questions as the previous test. It's seriously easier than undergrad.

D4 here currently at Roseman University. I'm an open book. Ask any questions you like.
Absolutely, seriously any questions you have I will do my best to give you the most accurate response and share my experiences that I've had during my time here at Roseman. During interviews be sure to ask students about molar endo, peds exposure, ortho exposure, implants etc. At roseman you will NOT place an implant. Chances of doing a molar endo are slim to none and I don't think I've ever seen an ortho case. Our ortho class was taught by a pediatric dentist so we really didn't learn anything about ortho. I had to figure it all out by myself when studying for part 2 boards. If you want to do ortho or perio/implants roseman is definitely not for you.

How would you compare Roseman to Univ Utah? You know anything about the other school?

How would you compare Roseman to Univ Utah? You know anything about the other school?
I don't know anyone personally at UoU. All I've heard is from a friend of a friend that's there and it's really not enough to go off of but I'll still share. I've heard it's a lot more cutthroat, quite a bit tougher didactically, slower to get you into sim clinic and clinic but seems to eventually even out as far how many procedures in clinic and your overall numbers of different treatments you get to do. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, I know it's not much.

How difficult is it to specialize coming out of Roseman?

IMO that almost 100% depends more on you than the school you attend. The faculty on the 5th floor do a good job presenting students in the best light possible to residency programs.

When did you receive an interview from Roseman? I know this cycle is different but just feel like my application has been under review foeveerrrr.
Well, back in 2017 i got my interview request in the month of october I believe. That cycle roseman did interviews through the beginning of april. i don't know how that will change for this year.

How difficult is it to specialize coming out of Roseman?
That partially depends on the specialty. It's a pass/fail or "pass/no pass" (as Dr. Harman likes to call it, complete joke IMO) school so some specialties might be deterred by that. Like someone else said it will have a lot to do with the student and probably less to do with the school. Good ADAT score will help a lot and externships/shadowing too. If you wanna go oral surgery then your CBSE score will do a lot of the talking. However as I commented earlier experience in ortho, implants, perio surgeries, and molar endo are extremely limited at roseman. Faculty at roseman will always write you an excellent LOR if you've show them youre worth it

Also a current D4, happy to answer any questions. I had a long post that I was working on that got out of hand that most people probably wouldn't take the time to read.

TL;DR: if you get in somewhere else, go there

Also a current D4, happy to answer any questions. I had a long post that I was working on that got out of hand that most people probably wouldn't take the time to read.

TL;DR: if you get in somewhere else, go there

What do you dislike about your school and what made you choose to go there?

What do you dislike about your school and what made you choose to go there?

I'm happy to send you the document I was working on privately if you're interested. It was several pages long, be warned :) I never finished it, but it's pretty thorough

Basically the information we were given on interview day (clinical experience, digital dentistry, classroom experiences) have not been at all what we were told they'd be. We've been part of a transition from NBDE I and NBDE II to the integrated boards, so my class has been thrown to the wind in favor of providing experiences to the underclasses. This is a concern for C/O 2025 as well, as Roseman is currently trying to transition to a 3 year program, so there will be significant changes to the curriculum during your tenure. Roseman administration has a tendency to make changes without thinking through the ramifications, and then not responding to the problems that come because of it.

I chose Roseman over other schools for a mixture of personal reasons and many of the promises about the curriculum (most of which proved to be at least partially untrue)

Reactions: 8 users
I'm happy to send you the document I was working on privately if you're interested. It was several pages long, be warned :) I never finished it, but it's pretty thorough

Basically the information we were given on interview day (clinical experience, digital dentistry, classroom experiences) have not been at all what we were told they'd be. We've been part of a transition from NBDE I and NBDE II to the integrated boards, so my class has been thrown to the wind in favor of providing experiences to the underclasses. This is a concern for C/O 2025 as well, as Roseman is currently trying to transition to a 3 year program, so there will be significant changes to the curriculum during your tenure. Roseman administration has a tendency to make changes without thinking through the ramifications, and then not responding to the problems that come because of it.

I chose Roseman over other schools for a mixture of personal reasons and many of the promises about the curriculum (most of which proved to be at least partially untrue)

I would love to read the doc! That is crazy. I applied to Roseman so this is very interesting. Thank you for sharing!

Can I get a copy of that doc too?

I would also like a copy of the document if you could.

I would love to read the doc! That is crazy. I applied to Roseman so this is very interesting. Thank you for sharing!
I tried to send it to you but SDN says I'm not allowed to start a conversation with you. I'm pretty new to SDN so I'm probably doing something incorrectly. PM me and I'll send it your way.

Can you send it to me as well?

Hi ,

Thank you so much for sharing, I am currently applying to Roseman, and was wondering if fall 2021 is projected to be the start of the 3 year program?

Can you send it to me as well.

What does everyone’s status say? Mine still says “received/app complete”

What does everyone’s status say? Mine still says “received/app complete”
mine says "received/waiting additional information" but I got an email from them on Oct 1st that they have everything they need from me and my application is under preliminary review. What does that mean and how long will it take for my AADSAS status to change?