Roseman University College of Pharmacy - Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My interview is on March 5 at Henderson. I'm super nervous. I feel like my application is weak but am hopeful because I'm from Nevada and have a decent PCAT...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
My interview is on March 5 at Henderson. I'm super nervous. I feel like my application is weak but am hopeful because I'm from Nevada and have a decent PCAT...
Welcome to the forum. Don't worry... If you read all the posts on this thread you will know what to expect. Just have fun with it all. If you have any questions, just ask.

I felt the same way. I actually didn't even expect to get an interview (I did early admission) I kinda regret doing early admin tho because I got an invite so close to the interview date that I had like no time to prep. I bombed my interview tho and now I'm waitlisted but do your best to prep for the interview and since you're from NV you have an advantage over me. I took a red-eye and arrived in SLC the morning of my interview not a good idea.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck! Just make sure you answer their questions and answer confidently! Try to keep eye contact and don’t be afraid to throw in a joke whenever you can. They want you to feel as relaxed and comfortable as possible. They understand that you’re nervous.

Reactions: 2 users
For those who are in the "I've got plenty of time before I need to put the rest of my seating deposit down" way of thinking, don't forget to do it soon, at least for the early acceptance folks. I'm not sure how the normal applicants work. It would be a shame to lose your seat over something so minor.

Reactions: 3 users
For those who are in the "I've got plenty of time before I need to put the rest of my seating deposit down" way of thinking, don't forget to do it soon, at least for the early acceptance folks. I'm not sure how the normal applicants work. It would be a shame to lose your seat over something so minor.

Isn't the seating deposit due on Friday 3/1?

Just out of curiosity, anyone else here doing the dual degree; PharmD/MBA? I just the official nod for the MBA program at South Jordan.

I was thinking about it but unsure if I want to do it. I think that summer break is going to be much needed.

Isn't the seating deposit due on Friday 3/1?

Have you been pulled off the waitlist? If not you might consider being open for either campus, If I remember correctly you were unsure of the snow driving. But it is said to be easier to get into the SJ campus.

Who is accepted into SJ and might be willing to assist in unloading a moving truck in May. It would be nice to get to know some classmates and get some help.

I will be moving from Las Vegas to South Jordan on May 2-3. Just waiting to close on my house :)

Have you been pulled off the waitlist? If not you might consider being open for either campus, If I remember correctly you were unsure of the snow driving. But it is said to be easier to get into the SJ campus.

Still on the wait list. But I did let the school know that I'm open to either campus I really liked the SJ campus when I went for my interview. SLC was beautiful! also has anyone heard if waitlist offers are going out yet? I was told offers weren't made until April or May.

Still on the wait list. But I did let the school know that I'm open to either campus I really liked the SJ campus when I went for my interview. SLC was beautiful! also has anyone heard if waitlist offers are going out yet? I was told offers weren't made until April or May.
I'm taking BioChem with some students that are still on the wait list. So I don't think anything had came out yet .

Did anyone receive an email about their seating deposit needing to be paid but you already paid? I have the receipt and I emailed them back already to see where the mix up was. I just found it odd.

Did anyone receive an email about their seating deposit needing to be paid but you already paid? I have the receipt and I emailed them back already to see where the mix up was. I just found it odd.

I paid mine awhile ago and didn’t receive that email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone at the Henderson campus (females) looking for a roommate? Or does anyone know how I can find housing?

I'm taking BioChem with some students that are still on the wait list. So I don't think anything had came out yet .

The wait is excruciating but I am also taking biochem this semester to improve my application for next cycle if I don't get in.

Reactions: 1 users
The wait is excruciating but I am also taking biochem this semester to improve my application for next cycle if I don't get in.

Be optimistic! I didnt take biochem and got in!

I paid mine awhile ago and didn’t receive that email.

Its so strange! I paid mine in January so I am not sure what the issue is. If I don’t get an email response by 12-1pm Monday I will give them a call.

Hi. I think you should give them a call directly instead of waiting. Did you pay all at once or did two payments for your seating deposit?

Hi! I am from the normal application folks and my due date is March 4th, which is Monday! Don't forget you need your student ID that should have been sent to you via the email where they give you instructions on where to submit your acceptance form (at least that was where my student ID was sent to, not too sure if ED folks received theirs differently).

Hi. I think you should give them a call directly instead of waiting. Did you pay all at once or did two payments for your seating deposit?

I paid in 2 payments but my second payment was in January. I’ll call first thing on Monday. When I log back into where you go to pay I dont even have an option to make a payment so I know it processed.

I was told there has been a "few" clerical errors and mine was one of them. :)

Dear Future pharmacists, my name is Khoa Nguyen, I am on my final year (P3) of Roseman University college of pharmacy education. I have been involved with the interview process throughout my 3 years at Roseman in both Henderson and Utah campus. I am posting this on almost every year to help the student get the advice needed to get to the school they want and what to expect of the program. I worked both in inpatient and community setting pharmacy as a paid intern so I can give you the inside scoop of what it really feels like. Please dont hesitate to ask any questions about anything and I would love to answer as much as I can. :D

Reactions: 3 users
Dear Future pharmacists, my name is Khoa Nguyen, I am on my final year (P3) of Roseman University college of pharmacy education. I have been involved with the interview process throughout my 3 years at Roseman in both Henderson and Utah campus. I am posting this on almost every year to help the student get the advice needed to get to the school they want and what to expect of the program. I worked both in inpatient and community setting pharmacy as a paid intern so I can give you the inside scoop of what it really feels like. Please dont hesitate to ask any questions about anything and I would love to answer as much as I can. :D

Hi Khoa!
Thank you for reaching out. I do have a few questions that I’m eager to get answered.
1. What scholarship opportunities does Roseman offer/ when are they offered?
2. At what point can we work as paid interns? Do those paid hours count towards our hours needed to graduate?

Thank you SO much for reaching out to us!

Should I bring copies of my resume to the interview?

I would just say review your application including your personal statement. I was asked stuff straight from my personal statement.

I did. It’s always better to be over prepared. I brought a nice leather bound folder and inside had a resume, print out of my pharmCAS app, and copy of my PCAT score. I also had a notebook and pen in the folder to take notes.
Granted, I didn’t use any of it. It did make me feel prepared though, so if it makes you feel comfortable just take whatever you want.
Dress to impress. Everyone was in suits.
Also make sure you have a list of questions for THEM. It’s the best opportunity to ask because I still have questions left unanswered.
Good luck!

Does anybody know when Roseman stop interviewing for the year 2022 class, that starts this Fall of 2019?

I brought copies of my resumes (2 copies) but ended up not needing them because the professor has your full application from Pharmcas in his/her folder. However it is not bad to come in prepared with a pen and a small notebook on your hand.

Hi Khoa!
Thank you for reaching out. I do have a few questions that I’m eager to get answered.
1. What scholarship opportunities does Roseman offer/ when are they offered?
2. At what point can we work as paid interns? Do those paid hours count towards our hours needed to graduate?

Thank you SO much for reaching out to us!
Dear FutureDrOfUSA,
1. There are a few scholarship opportunities throughout the year that Dr Park will send out in due time. You just have to apply for it and write a few paragraphs. It would make your application for scholarships much better if you have other events to input such as philanthropic and volunteer events that related to pharmacy, so be involved as much as you can. Roseman is a private school so the amount of scholarship will be less of that of a regular college. I had a scholarship from Walmart for $2000 during my P1 year and it helps with my rent a lot.
2. The answer to this question is depend. The paid hour won't count toward your hours because your IPPE and APPE hour exceed the minimum requirement for pharmacy school so you do not have to worry about having to work the extra hours. As far as working during school, it depends on person to person, some people are quick to learn and easy to adapt to the program so they can easily work the extra hour. For most, 70-80% of people, do not work due to the fact that they do not want to do a reassessment on Monday or summer. My advice is to try our a few blocks until you are comfortable to not study a few days and still doing good, then apply for a job. Outpatient/community job is easier to get in both Utah and Nevada as long as you have a good CV and go give it to the pharmacy around your area. Inpatient job is harder to find in Nevada than Utah due to the fact that Nevada has less need to intern. The best way to get inpatient job, in my opinion, is to look up 2 months before you want to work for things that the job looking for. Look up Intermountain healthcare if you wanna work in Utah and HCA or Dignity Health system if you are looking to work in Nevada.
Hope it helps, let me know if you have any other questions

Hey, I just had my interview yesterday. Does anyone know why they keep extending the application deadline? It went from February, to March, to April now. Do you think it’s due to lack of applicants?

Hey, I just had my interview yesterday. Does anyone know why they keep extending the application deadline? It went from February, to March, to April now. Do you think it’s due to lack of applicants?

They've extended it almost every year for the past few years. If it was because of lack of applicants then there's some people on the wait list waiting for an acceptance email

I’ve wondered the same thing about tons of pharmacy schools blowing up my email. No idea what the reason is, but Roseman certainly isn’t the only one.

I’ve wondered the same thing about tons of pharmacy schools blowing up my email. No idea what the reason is, but Roseman certainly isn’t the only one.

True that! I keep getting emails from Creighton about applying. The ironic part about that is I was turned down from Creighton last year so I didn't apply this year and I just got an email from PharmCAS giving me a list of schools that have extended their application deadlines!

True that! I keep getting emails from Creighton about applying. The ironic part about that is I was turned down from Creighton last year so I didn't apply this year and I just got an email from PharmCAS giving me a list of schools that have extended their application deadlines!
I read that a lot of prestigious schools do it as a means to lower their applicant to acceptance ratio in order to make themselves look more competitive but I hope that isn’t the case for Roseman

I read that a lot of prestigious schools do it as a means to lower their applicant to acceptance ratio in order to make themselves look more competitive but I hope that isn’t the case for Roseman

Oh wow... sneaky.

Oh wow... sneaky.

So true but Roseman's ratio is like 3-1 or something like that (according to PharmCAS) but apparently they interview some 400 applicants, and accept a little more than half...

So true but Roseman's ratio is like 3-1 or something like that (according to PharmCAS) but apparently they interview some 400 applicants, and accept a little more than half...
I’m eager to see how many applicants there are. Henderson has 145 seats I think, right?
I’d think there would be a ton of applicants seeing as it’s Nevada’s only pharmD program.

I might not see the complete picture regarding this matter but I will tell from what I have known and experienced. I don't want to get into the politics of it so I only tell my understanding of the problem. What happens, in my opinion, is that there was a shortage of pharmacist in 2000s where finishing pharmacy school will end up giving you a sign in bonus and a car even. New pharmacy schools start opening up due to that very reason. From what I know in Cali, 5-7 new schools open in California since 2013 not accounting for newer online pharmacy schools compare to the conventional pharmacy school. The higher number of seat availabilities with a fixed number of applications per year results in a surplus of seats. Schools are trying to fill the seat as we all know, however they can't accept every single applicant due to the fact that they need someone who can make it through the program. NAPFLEX, which is the final test you need to take for licensing in addition to the law exam, increase their level of difficulties since 2016. Schools are rated on their NAPFLEX passing percentage, therefore, they are careful in selecting their applicant. Again this is my two cents on the matter. Hope it help. :D

When does Roseman begin to offer loans? I was told in Feb or so FAFSAs are reviewed. Just curious.

When does Roseman begin to offer loans? I was told in Feb or so FAFSAs are reviewed. Just curious.
As soon as I got accepted they had instructions attached to the email on what to do in regards to financial aid and loans. I applied a week or two ago and just got offered my loans today and accepted them through the website. Says they won’t be dispersed till August though

I might not see the complete picture regarding this matter but I will tell from what I have known and experienced. I don't want to get into the politics of it so I only tell my understanding of the problem. What happens, in my opinion, is that there was a shortage of pharmacist in 2000s where finishing pharmacy school will end up giving you a sign in bonus and a car even. New pharmacy schools start opening up due to that very reason. From what I know in Cali, 5-7 new schools open in California since 2013 not accounting for newer online pharmacy schools compare to the conventional pharmacy school. The higher number of seat availabilities with a fixed number of applications per year results in a surplus of seats. Schools are trying to fill the seat as we all know, however they can't accept every single applicant due to the fact that they need someone who can make it through the program. NAPFLEX, which is the final test you need to take for licensing in addition to the law exam, increase their level of difficulties since 2016. Schools are rated on their NAPFLEX passing percentage, therefore, they are careful in selecting their applicant. Again this is my two cents on the matter. Hope it help. :D
This. To maintain accreditation, a school's NAPLEX pass rate must not drop 2 standard deviations below average. Schools keep extending their deadlines because on one hand they need to accept students competent enough to pass the NAPLEX, but on the other they refuse to reduce their class size because more students = more $$$ for the school. I did not graduate from Roseman, but during my P4 year my school was struggling so much to get quality applicants that they even hired an external ad agency to try and get more people to apply. My school was a top 20 school btw and public too, so you'd think they wouldn't have a hard time finding applicants. The reason obviously is that people are getting savvy about the pharmacist saturation, declining salaries, and deteriorating work conditions. Yet the schools' greed deter them from decreasing their class sizes which would be the right thing to do. Roseman's NAPLEX pass rate is definitely on the lower end btw, so I would seriously reconsider attending this school in favor of cheaper and better programs.

I had a question about the tech they give us... what iPad and what laptop do they give students?

I had a question about the tech they give us... what iPad and what laptop do they give students?

I heard it was an ipad mini and ppl sell it and buy the ipad pro bc its bigger and has a pen capability.

Ok I found it. I am completing the stuff now. Thanks guys i have never taken out loans. I was legit waiting to get an email. I have no clue how this process went. Thankfully I asked.

I heard it was an ipad mini and ppl sell it and buy the ipad pro bc its bigger and has a pen capability.

Nice!!! Well guess I’m gonna be doing the same exact thing. Hehe no offense to the mini but “GO BIG OR GO HOME!” Lol I heard the laptop is a dell touch screen. I think the flip ones too.

Ok I found it. I am completing the stuff now. Thanks guys i have never taken out loans. I was legit waiting to get an email. I have no clue how this process went. Thankfully I asked.
Yup gotta complete those master promissory notes.

Nice!!! Well guess I’m gonna be doing the same exact thing. Hehe no offense to the mini but “GO BIG OR GO HOME!” Lol I heard the laptop is a dell touch screen. I think the flip ones too.

Yea I am definitely not dealing w/ a mini (unless its changed).