Roseman University College of Pharmacy - Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got in!!! Just got my acceptance email today! Super excited! I'll be going to Henderson!!!!

So excited for you!! Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Doh1,
There were a ton of selling points with Roseman for me personally.
First, this is an accelerated three year program that I was able to apply to without a bachelors. I’m a little bit older so I was only interested in programs that would allow me to bypass the bachelors and be done with my PharmD in three years.
That being said, I’m from California and the accelerated three year programs that don’t require a bachelors here are much more expensive in regards to tuition and cost of living. I’m scared to take out such large loans but it was still much better than California.
Additionally, my family goes to Vegas a lot on vacation so I know I’ll be frequently visited and won’t feel stranded/lonely like I would in any other state.

In regards to saturation of the job market that everyone keeps mentioning, we all just need to be smart about this. I’m a pharmacy tech at a hospital currently. I’ve made valuable connections with pharmacy staff, including the director of pharmacy and he’s made it clear that I’ll have a job there when I’ve completed the program. Hard work, motivation, dedication... that is hard to come by and employers want to retain those people. My night shift pharmacists are making $85/hr and we live in an “underserved” area so overtime is always available. It’s not impossible to get a job and I hope you’re not discouraged.
I understand that my situation isn’t typical, but there ARE jobs, there IS money and if it’s what you’re passionate about, you WILL succeed.

I have heard students that went to Roseman and said they had LOST a lot of its rotation sites in CA and it would be hard to get a job in the hospital setting because the school is not favored compared to other CA schools. Also, it's worth mentioning that students have said that the faculty tells all students that if you speak ill about the school they will turn against you and bad mouth you to prospective employers. It seems the owners really have self-esteem issues because they are really not respected in the medical or pharmacy fields. But, the school can get you a retail position just because they are concerned about the student loans and if you default on them they will shut down the school. So, keep that in mind and the concern of saturation of pharmacists in CA, UT, and NV. Also, I doubt that pharmacist are making $85/hr on the night shift.

Please prospective students if you love the profession and your parents can pay for your tuition in which you are interested only in the title (PharmD) by all means don't let others discourage you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everybody, any of you guys doing the MBA program? What are your opinions in getting an MBA program at Roseman, and do you guys think is beneficial for the 21k tuition?

Hello everybody, any of you guys doing the MBA program? What are your opinions in getting an MBA program at Roseman, and do you guys think is beneficial for the 21k tuition?

Honestly many students that I have spoken to have said its was a waste of money because the MBA program is not as established compared to other well known schools and they said if they could go back do it all over again they would skip getting the MBA.

Not sure if I am allowed to start this or not...About to submit my PharmCAS application for the ED program and my fingers are crossed! I am interested in the South Jordan campus in Utah.

Stats:

GPA - 3.96
Science GPA - 3.97 (PharmCAS verified)
PCAT - 77
Senior Pharm Tech. - 4.5 years
Research, volunteer, leadership exp between 1-3 years.

Are you a faculty at this school trying to start a dialogue to intrigue students to come to your school?

Are you a faculty at this school trying to start a dialogue to intrigue students to come to your school?

Wow someone was bored today... As a certain Arianna Grande song goes, thank you, next.

And I see your profile was created yesterday. Are you faculty at another school trying to open a dialogue to persuade excited students not to pursue their dreams?

I'm doing the MBA program, but I've always wanted an MBA. For me, this is completing a goal, but it's also something to help me get ahead. (Getting ahead of what or who, I have no idea, but its a nice cliche). Anyway, I'm looking for management/leadership rolls and when I sit down for an interview, I want to be able to answer the question "what sets you apart." easily. It doesn't matter what field you go into, there's always competition for jobs, and I'm hoping to give myself an edge early. Honestly, even just telling some people that has gotten me job offers. But to each their own.

And I see your profile was created yesterday. Are you faculty at another school trying to open a dialogue to persuade excited students not to pursue their dreams?

You are 100% someone that works at Roseman because as you can see I did not mention any other schools prospective students should apply to. Please if you work at the school you have no business starting a dialogue with students. I believe only pharmacists and alumni from the school can help prospective students.

I'm doing the MBA program, but I've always wanted an MBA. For me, this is completing a goal, but it's also something to help me get ahead. (Getting ahead of what or who, I have no idea, but its a nice cliche). Anyway, I'm looking for management/leadership rolls and when I sit down for an interview, I want to be able to answer the question "what sets you apart." easily. It doesn't matter what field you go into, there's always competition for jobs, and I'm hoping to give myself an edge early. Honestly, even just telling some people that has gotten me job offers. But to each their own.

Trust me you are mistaken if you think that an MBA will set you apart from others it won't. The problem with Roseman is the recruiter pushes the MBA during the interview or when you speak to them directly. But, everyone can make a decision for themselves to get an MBA or not.

Wow someone was bored today... As a certain Arianna Grande song goes, thank you, next.

Do you work for the school? If you are applying to pharmacy school and respond to me with a song you are very immature. Please you have no place to be here if you work for the school and only pharmacists and alumni can help prospective students.

I know that jobs are getting competitive and I heard a lot from graduates that a dual degree is not that helpful in terms of getting job offers and such. In my opinion we can only do this program one time and why not. I was curious what other people here feel about the MBA program at Roseman, it is relatively cheap and possibly save me time instead of graduating at Roseman with a PharmD degree and going back to school again. But yea, cool! I just applied into the MBA program couple of days ago and hope they accept me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Honestly many students that I have spoken to have said its was a waste of money because the MBA program is not as established compared to other well known schools and they said if they could go back do it all over again they would skip getting the MBA.
Yea I heard that a lot from graduates. I wanted to know more of others input into the program :D since we are all starting at the same time

Yea I heard that a lot from graduates. I wanted to know more of others input into the program :D since we are all starting at the same time

But, I don't understand your thinking process if you ask a honest graduate from this school they will advise you better than someone that will be in your same position applying as a prospective student. The students that are applying with you really don't know the outcome of the MBA or even as a pharmacist, so the best person to ask is someone that won't be bias and is not afraid to tell you what really is going on. Also, I have heard that schools have computer hackers that monitor what people are saying and they will try to get them fired, so they don't speak bad about their schools. Please understand I am trying to save you tuition money, so others don't take advantage of you.

Anyone hear back from the April 4 interviews?

Hey guys I just discovered the "block/ignore" option on Tapatalk. Guess I can ignore the troll now!

Hey guys I just discovered the "block/ignore" option on Tapatalk. Guess I can ignore the troll now!

This is a great, underutilized feature. Kudos for recommending it.

Anyway I just wanted to drop by and remind people to keep it professional. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted to Roseman Pharmacy program! Californian student- deciding whether to join Roseman or KGI or Northstate. I am having hard time trying to find pharmacy alumni from Roseman. Any updates from upper year students in university and advice appreciated!

Accepted to Roseman Pharmacy program! Californian student- deciding whether to join Roseman or KGI or Northstate. I am having hard time trying to find pharmacy alumni from Roseman. Any updates from upper year students in university and advice appreciated!

I don’t know about KGI but northstate is a for profit school which makes me a little wary. The for-profit schools tend to have more negative reps. (Again that's just my own opinion. No experience or expertise)

For those who are attending for the c/o 2022, or already attending, what is your living situation going to be like? Are you going to be living with parents, or on your own; and if so where? I've heard that a lot of people just live of loans, but do you guys intent to do that as well, or do you plan on maintaining a part-time job while in school? I've been looking at apartments near the school, and some are a bit pricey so I was curious as to what others are doing

For those who are attending for the c/o 2022, or already attending, what is your living situation going to be like? Are you going to be living with parents, or on your own; and if so where? I've heard that a lot of people just live of loans, but do you guys intent to do that as well, or do you plan on maintaining a part-time job while in school? I've been looking at apartments near the school, and some are a bit pricey so I was curious as to what others are doing

Unfortunately I will have to probably live off loans. At least for the first year. I plan on living by myself for the first year so I can adjust to living in Henderson and my school schedule etc. I might be open to living with a roommate down the road.

Congrats!! I'm also a California student and had the same options as far as schools! I was between Roseman or KGI, but I put my deposit down on Roseman. I really liked Northstate's campus and faculty, but you're working with groups %100 in each class, and I didn't think it's super beneficial. The faculty I interviewed with at Roseman was a former faculty at Northstate and one of the cons he discussed was that he found a lot of students at Northstate were struggling on tasks that required them to do it on their own, since they always work in groups. He said at Roseman its more of an individual effort plus some group activities and that roseman students are better able to problem solve and figure things out on the field since they do not always work in groups. I also like KGI, so my struggle was really between KGI and Roseman. I like KGI's location and the certificate program they offer, but it is still fairly new since they got their accreditation Summer 2018. It's closer to home for me so it was a hard decision. But it also depends on what you like and what you're trying to do. I talked to some KGI students about residency's and I think only 8 people from the graduating class landed a residency. I discussed with some of the soon to be graduating students, and the ones who landed residency/fellowship are going to the East Coast. KGI is also more focused on industry. Most Roseman students I talked to all said its very hard but doable as long as you study everyday and keep up with the work. I've tried to reach out to people that are currently still in the program and a few alumni who are now working. I have heard all positive things about the school. It's easier for some than others, just depends on your study habits. The 90% freaks me out a little bit, but some students I talked to say it's nerve racking at first, but you get used to it. I discussed my options with many people and they all thought Roseman is the best decision. If you want to finish earlier, 3 years is awesome. I'm also planning to do a residency, so essentially if it all works out, I'll be done in 4 years. I hope some of this helps! I'm in the same boat as you!

I'm from California, so I'll be finding an apartment near campus. I'll definitely be living off loans until I get the hang of how the school works/study habits/etc. I was thinking to find a roommate since I won't know anyone out there yet, but haven't decided. It will also save me a lot of money living with a roommate.

I’ve been on roommate sites looking to rent a master so essentially I’ll have a little studio apartment for way cheap. I found one for $800/mo everything included. Yes I will be living off loans and this seems like the cheapest option. I work for a hospital and Walgreens so I’ll be looking to transfer and work per diem as a tech but I’m sure it will be rare that I’ll actually be able to pick up. Still good to keep tenure and options open, though!

That's
I’ve been on roommate sites looking to rent a master so essentially I’ll have a little studio apartment for way cheap. I found one for $800/mo everything included. Yes I will be living off loans and this seems like the cheapest option. I work for a hospital and Walgreens so I’ll be looking to transfer and work per diem as a tech but I’m sure it will be rare that I’ll actually be able to pick up. Still good to keep tenure and options open, though!
That's awesome! What site did you find it on? The cheapest 1 bedroom I've found so far is around 960-1000.

That's

That's awesome! What site did you find it on? The cheapest 1 bedroom I've found so far is around 960-1000.

Ya and then utilities. It’s just so expensive to do it that way. I think roommates.com was there I found this room. I think this site lets you specify master too. I know I’m going to need to spread out while I study and that can get messy, and I don’t want to share a bathroom with another roommate so master is the way to go in my opinion!

p
Congrats!! I'm also a California student and had the same options as far as schools! I was between Roseman or KGI, but I put my deposit down on Roseman. I really liked Northstate's campus and faculty, but you're working with groups %100 in each class, and I didn't think it's super beneficial. The faculty I interviewed with at Roseman was a former faculty at Northstate and one of the cons he discussed was that he found a lot of students at Northstate were struggling on tasks that required them to do it on their own, since they always work in groups. He said at Roseman its more of an individual effort plus some group activities and that roseman students are better able to problem solve and figure things out on the field since they do not always work in groups. I also like KGI, so my struggle was really between KGI and Roseman. I like KGI's location and the certificate program they offer, but it is still fairly new since they got their accreditation Summer 2018. It's closer to home for me so it was a hard decision. But it also depends on what you like and what you're trying to do. I talked to some KGI students about residency's and I think only 8 people from the graduating class landed a residency. I discussed with some of the soon to be graduating students, and the ones who landed residency/fellowship are going to the East Coast. KGI is also more focused on industry. Most Roseman students I talked to all said its very hard but doable as long as you study everyday and keep up with the work. I've tried to reach out to people that are currently still in the program and a few alumni who are now working. I have heard all positive things about the school. It's easier for some than others, just depends on your study habits. The 90% freaks me out a little bit, but some students I talked to say it's nerve racking at first, but you get used to it. I discussed my options with many people and they all thought Roseman is the best decision. If you want to finish earlier, 3 years is awesome. I'm also planning to do a residency, so essentially if it all works out, I'll be done in 4 years. I hope some of this helps! I'm in the same boat as you!

I thought residencies were 2 years? Are there some 1 year ones out there? I was just thinking ugh 5 more years of school stuff! I am interested in doing one (most likely out of the state) but I am confused on the process and the matching. hopefully the school gives guidance on residencies.

Last edited:
Are you guys on the fb page? We should all leave comments with our SDN usernames lol!

Reactions: 3 users
p

I thought residencies were 2 years? Are there some 1 year ones out there? I was just thinking ugh 5 more years of school stuff! I am interested in doing one (most likely out of the state) but I am confused on the process and the matching. hopefully the school gives guidance on residencies.

There are PGY1 and PGY2 residencies. So you have the option to apply for year 2 but there are even fewer of those... I think most people only do a PGY1 residency

There are PGY1 and PGY2 residencies. So you have the option to apply for year 2 but there are even fewer of those... I think most people only do a PGY1 residency
Exactly! I honestly was only planning to do one year of residency. I also look at jobs just to kind of see their qualifications and for hospital settings a lot prefer PGY1 residencies at least. I’m not trying to do more years of school which is why Roseman was my preferable option! I know they have some clubs on campus for students interested in residencies so I’ll definitely be joining those!

If I don't hear back soon I'll prob just put a deposit down at another school honestly. They said wed be contacted in 2-4 weeks

Exactly! I honestly was only planning to do one year of residency. I also look at jobs just to kind of see their qualifications and for hospital settings a lot prefer PGY1 residencies at least. I’m not trying to do more years of school which is why Roseman was my preferable option! I know they have some clubs on campus for students interested in residencies so I’ll definitely be joining those!

I see I see!! I was looking on the aacp site and it said pgy1 was for pharmacy research jobs and phy2 was more for clinical so thats why i thought you had to do 2 yrs to get into the clinical side.

Are there any non traditional students with a well composed CV? I dont really know how to put mine together with me working for so long and only going to school for 2 years to finish my bachelors. I feel like I dont have anything significant to put on there. I have a good looking resume but not so much a college resume.

Are there any non traditional students with a well composed CV? I dont really know how to put mine together with me working for so long and only going to school for 2 years to finish my bachelors. I feel like I dont have anything significant to put on there. I have a good looking resume but not so much a college resume.
I'm a non traditional student. What I focused on we're the experiences that I had encountered and learned from on the job. My work history is nowhere near pharmacy, but I was able to compare my experiences to ones I might face in the future.

If I don't hear back soon I'll prob just put a deposit down at another school honestly. They said wed be contacted in 2-4 weeks
Is Roseman your top school? What other schools did you get accepted to?

Is Roseman your top school? What other schools did you get accepted to?
Ya it’s my top choice. Stats are kinda average though but I think I did a good job on my interview & I have great extra curriculars

My CV is extremely sad I've been going to school for like 13 years and I've worked for the same company since 2005 I guess you could say I'm not a "restless" person