Roseman University College of Pharmacy - Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys I had a question regarding Financial Aid. I just did the FAFSA for Roseman (I kind of procrastinated lol) and I don't think I did it correctly? I wasn't sure if the website was suppose to ask me what year I am in for Roseman, I just added the school and it linked with my IRS and my parents' IRS. It didn't ask what year I am or if I am completing a post graduate program or anything, so I am a bit worried that I did it wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys I had a question regarding Financial Aid. I just did the FAFSA for Roseman (I kind of procrastinated lol) and I don't think I did it correctly? I wasn't sure if the website was suppose to ask me what year I am in for Roseman, I just added the school and it linked with my IRS and my parents' IRS. It didn't ask what year I am or if I am completing a post graduate program or anything, so I am a bit worried that I did it wrong.

OUCH! it happens though. If by "website" you mean FAFSA, then yes... it should have asked if it was 2018-2019 or 2019-2020. At least for me it asked, considering I filled mine out in 2018. Therefore, your application should be for 2019-2020. We fill out FAFSA once every year for the following school term. And its supposed to be for Graduate program. I would just call the Financial Aid department at Roseman. They'll give you more info on it.

Yea I am definitely not dealing w/ a mini (unless its changed).

Lol yea too small. I don't think I'd be able to study with it. Hopefully they changed it so we don't have to spend time on reselling. I'm just trying to get everything I can possible to make life easier to study because this is going to be a tough program. Im going all out! Probably even gonna get me an apple watch. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol yea too small. I don't think I'd be able to study with it. Hopefully they changed it so we don't have to spend time on reselling. I'm just trying to get everything I can possible to make life easier to study because this is going to be a tough program. Im going all out! Probably even gonna get me an apple watch. lol

Sadly I have taken the Apple Watch plunge. Lol don't really know how it'll help with studying but what would I know I'm just hoping to get accepted! but I definitely hope you guys get the big iPads. I know it would be more expensive but wouldn't it be more convenient to use 1 operating system. Lol I'm a Mac person who used to be a Windows person. I only switched because I have an iPhone and an iPad... And it was so convenient having everything in the same ecosystem

Yea an apple watch isnt necessary for studying lol... I have had an apple watch twice its definitely not worth it. I had 2 screens randomly crack/lift which I dont understand bc I literally did nothing but go to school and breathe.

Reactions: 1 user

If you have any questions maybe the Roseman financial aid can help. Gisela is in charge of the P1 and P2 students and her phone number is 801-878-1071 and her email is [email protected]. I have spoken to her a few times because this is the first time I am dealing with financial aid outside of filing a FAFSA lol.

OUCH! it happens though. If by "website" you mean FAFSA, then yes... it should have asked if it was 2018-2019 or 2019-2020. At least for me it asked, considering I filled mine out in 2018. Therefore, your application should be for 2019-2020. We fill out FAFSA once every year for the following school term. And its supposed to be for Graduate program. I would just call the Financial Aid department at Roseman. They'll give you more info on it.
Oh no! I did fill it out for 2019-2020! What I meant was that it didn’t ask if it’s my first year, second year, graduate etc. when I added Roseman to my FAFSA. I just completed it on Friday and it’s waiting to be processed. I just hope that they don’t forfeit my seat or anything because I completed it wrong. I’ll most likely call the Financial aid tomorrow because I don’t have a clue as to what I’m doing. :(

If you have any questions maybe the Roseman financial aid can help. Gisela is in charge of the P1 and P2 students and her phone number is 801-878-1071 and her email is [email protected]. I have spoken to her a few times because this is the first time I am dealing with financial aid outside of filing a FAFSA lol.
Okay! I’ll call her tomorrow. I’m freaking out because I felt like I filled it out wrong and they might remove me off the program or something

Oh no! I did fill it out for 2019-2020! What I meant was that it didn’t ask if it’s my first year, second year, graduate etc. when I added Roseman to my FAFSA. I just completed it on Friday and it’s waiting to be processed. I just hope that they don’t forfeit my seat or anything because I completed it wrong. I’ll most likely call the Financial aid tomorrow because I don’t have a clue as to what I’m doing. :(

Then your good! We fill FAFSA out for each year. So end of this year, we'll start to fill out for 2020-2021. Yes! Call to make sure. I was on the same boat when I started to fill out FAFSA and I just called several times.

Then your good! We fill FAFSA out for each year. So end of this year, we'll start to fill out for 2020-2021. Yes! Call to make sure. I was on the same boat when I started to fill out FAFSA and I just called several times.
Okay thank you! I just overthink a lot. I called and emailed the Financial aid adviser but I haven’t gotten a reply because it’s the weekend! I will call tomorrow and see what are the next moves. Trying to enjoy spring break instead of stressing

I wonder how the summer internships work. Do we have to stay w/ Nevada pharmacies? Or do they allow students to go home and intern? Maybe not bc the interning licenses are state to state?

I wonder how the summer internships work. Do we have to stay w/ Nevada pharmacies? Or do they allow students to go home and intern? Maybe not bc the interning licenses are state to state?
I think it’s in Nevada because you have to apply for the intern license for this state when we do IPPE during the semester. I’m not planning to do the summer program but I would assume it would be like that!

I think it’s in Nevada because you have to apply for the intern license for this state when we do IPPE during the semester. I’m not planning to do the summer program but I would assume it would be like that!

Yea Im not doing the summer program either. I want as much of my summer as possible

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone who interviewed (not ED) & was waitlisted?

This school is kinda pricey. Just curious as to people’s personal reasoning/ justification for still wanting to go.

Feel free to dm me

This school is kinda pricey. Just curious as to people’s personal reasoning/ justification for still wanting to go.

Feel free to dm me

I chose Roseman as my top choice because I like the block curriculum. I think the block system is a better fit for my learning style. I like seeing things come together and when I see the connections, I feel like I retain the information better. I actually haven't applied anywhere else. I have my heart set on going to Roseman. I also chose Roseman based on campus location as well as cost of living. I live in Hawaii, which means I'm not used to cold weather and snow. I'm also used to everything being expensive So even though we have a pharmacy school in Hawaii (on a different island from where I live) and I could get resident tuition rates, I would probably still end up borrowing $200k for my 4 years.

Thats crazy!! I hope ppl are applying to other schools!

Tell me about it. But no I am hardheaded and didn't apply to any other schools I just really hope that if I manage to get off the waiting list, that it's sooner rather than later. I wonder how financial aid works in that situation loans take time to get... Yikes I'm starting to freak out. Better stop thinking about it

Feel free to dm me

I agree with everything OCDCPhT said especially being an older student. I actually hated taking multiple classes because having to prioritize one over the other. As far as the financial reason I know my half of first 2 terms will be paid for at the least. I am actually hoping the VA will pay for the entire thing but if not it will be fine. People should realize its not always about the financial aspect (I understand ppl talk about the availability of jobs... :yawn:) but there are many reasons people choose to go to the schools they choose to.

Tell me about it. But no I am hardheaded and didn't apply to any other schools I just really hope that if I manage to get off the waiting list, that it's sooner rather than later. I wonder how financial aid works in that situation loans take time to get... Yikes I'm starting to freak out. Better stop thinking about it

From what I hear once you apply it doesnt take long. I wonder if there is anything to better your chances to get off the waitlist especially if they are actually still interviewing. I am wanting to apply for a grad plus loan because I am thinking I would get better rates with my credit and you cant apply for that until after april. If you want you may be able to contact financial aid her phone number is 801-878-1071 and her email is [email protected] to ask how it works when ppl get taken off the waitlist. Some have said checks arent cut until August so hopefully everything works out before then.

From what I hear once you apply it doesnt take long. I wonder if there is anything to better your chances to get off the waitlist especially if they are actually still interviewing. I am wanting to apply for a grad plus loan because I am thinking I would get better rates with my credit and you cant apply for that until after april. If you want you may be able to contact financial aid her phone number is 801-878-1071 and her email is [email protected] to ask how it works when ppl get taken off the waitlist. Some have said checks arent cut until August so hopefully everything works out before then.

Thanks for the info! I will email them to ask. I've never applied for financial aid before (undergrad in-state tuition was "affordable" enough that I didn't qualify) so this is all new to me. Even filling out the FAFSA was a new experience for me. The fact that I know NOTHING about financial aid makes my being on the waitlist even more nerve wracking

I am a recent graduate of Roseman Univeristy. I highly suggest considering other options before committing 3 years of your life and at least 150K in student loans to enter a profession in a decline. There has been word that the upcoming graduates were offered as low as $45/hour. Please let that sink in and just think what the offers will be 3 years from now.

I am a recent graduate of Roseman Univeristy. I highly suggest considering other options before committing 3 years of your life and at least 150K in student loans to enter a profession in a decline. There has been word that the upcoming graduates were offered as low as $45/hour. Please let that sink in and just think what the offers will be 3 years from now.

Oversaturation is happening in most medical fields.

So does anyone know if Roseman is doing waitlist interviews? From what I read of last year’s thread, the last set of interview days were for waitlist positions only?? Also, it looks like most wait list offers go out in early May? With the deposit due on 3/1 I would think that they could make offers sooner than in May... This 6 month wait is excruciating

To the people who have questions about the iPad and computer. In my opinion, you will mostly need IPAD for all your lectures and your test taking. I recommend the app "notability" which cost $7 during my P1 year to buy and it is the best app in my opinion. It can take pic and input in your lecture, let you record and notate on the lecture and even share between classmate thorough airdrop. Some of my buddies used ONENOTE and it has useful cause you can use in conjunction with your tablet/laptop to notate. Another good web to use is GLOBALRPH.COM because it will give you all the necessary calculation you needed for pharmacy P1 and P2. Also if you are a visual learner, check out Armando Hasudungan | Biology and Medicine videos as the video was my go to study for drugs in certain blocks. As far as the laptop, I really don't use it as much since I only need it for journal club and powerpoint presentation. If any of you need the password for Lexi-comp or Micromedex, just message me. Good luck you all

Reactions: 5 users
Yesterday, I found out that their last round of applicants are going to be interviewing next Thursday .

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys,
I'm going to Roseman at Henderson location this Fall 2019. I wonder if anyone already look for housing? And if anyone looking for roommate?

Oversaturation is happening in most medical fields.
Pharmacist is by far the worst though. It is saturating a a much faster rate than other healthcare professions according the U.S. Bureau of labor and statistics:
Of course this is assuming that the number of new grads remains about the same over the next 10 years. The trend so far however is that new schools keep opening and class sizes increasing, so it may end up being even worse. Furthermore, if you haven't noticed, pharmacy is the only profession on SDN to have a dedicated "Job Market" subforum.

Hey all. Update: Maybe applying for an apartment in Draper soon, and I have two internship interviews coming up in the area. For the person who said he is moving in early May, where did you end up renting? I have a small dog and I'm married so I was looking for a good 2 bedroom apartment (one room is used currently as an office) but because of the costs, I am probably going to try to cram our furniture into a 1 bedroom. Not only is pharmacy saturated, but pharmacy school is also ridiculously expensive and I have to figure out how to pay rent when I start school and stop working full time.

I'll probably be relying on my husband, but he is currently undergoing a career change to become a web developer and has a ways to go before he can get a job in the field. :p

Any advice on...how does a student afford this?

To the people who have questions about the iPad and computer. In my opinion, you will mostly need IPAD for all your lectures and your test taking. I recommend the app "notability" which cost $7 during my P1 year to buy and it is the best app in my opinion. It can take pic and input in your lecture, let you record and notate on the lecture and even share between classmate thorough airdrop. Some of my buddies used ONENOTE and it has useful cause you can use in conjunction with your tablet/laptop to notate. Another good web to use is GLOBALRPH.COM because it will give you all the necessary calculation you needed for pharmacy P1 and P2. Also if you are a visual learner, check out Armando Hasudungan | Biology and Medicine videos as the video was my go to study for drugs in certain blocks. As far as the laptop, I really don't use it as much since I only need it for journal club and powerpoint presentation. If any of you need the password for Lexi-comp or Micromedex, just message me. Good luck you all

Sent message!

Feel free to dm me

Hi Doh1,
There were a ton of selling points with Roseman for me personally.
First, this is an accelerated three year program that I was able to apply to without a bachelors. I’m a little bit older so I was only interested in programs that would allow me to bypass the bachelors and be done with my PharmD in three years.
That being said, I’m from California and the accelerated three year programs that don’t require a bachelors here are much more expensive in regards to tuition and cost of living. I’m scared to take out such large loans but it was still much better than California.
Additionally, my family goes to Vegas a lot on vacation so I know I’ll be frequently visited and won’t feel stranded/lonely like I would in any other state.

In regards to saturation of the job market that everyone keeps mentioning, we all just need to be smart about this. I’m a pharmacy tech at a hospital currently. I’ve made valuable connections with pharmacy staff, including the director of pharmacy and he’s made it clear that I’ll have a job there when I’ve completed the program. Hard work, motivation, dedication... that is hard to come by and employers want to retain those people. My night shift pharmacists are making $85/hr and we live in an “underserved” area so overtime is always available. It’s not impossible to get a job and I hope you’re not discouraged.
I understand that my situation isn’t typical, but there ARE jobs, there IS money and if it’s what you’re passionate about, you WILL succeed.

Reactions: 2 users

What summer internships?? During school or before school starts? If there’s an internship this summer then I want to take full advantage!!

What summer internships?? During school or before school starts? If there’s an internship this summer then I want to take full advantage!!

Sorry! I misspoke I meant rotations. I was wondering how the rotations were worked into the schedule.

Hi Doh1,
There were a ton of selling points with Roseman for me personally.
First, this is an accelerated three year program that I was able to apply to without a bachelors. I’m a little bit older so I was only interested in programs that would allow me to bypass the bachelors and be done with my PharmD in three years.
That being said, I’m from California and the accelerated three year programs that don’t require a bachelors here are much more expensive in regards to tuition and cost of living. I’m scared to take out such large loans but it was still much better than California.
Additionally, my family goes to Vegas a lot on vacation so I know I’ll be frequently visited and won’t feel stranded/lonely like I would in any other state.

In regards to saturation of the job market that everyone keeps mentioning, we all just need to be smart about this. I’m a pharmacy tech at a hospital currently. I’ve made valuable connections with pharmacy staff, including the director of pharmacy and he’s made it clear that I’ll have a job there when I’ve completed the program. Hard work, motivation, dedication... that is hard to come by and employers want to retain those people. My night shift pharmacists are making $85/hr and we live in an “underserved” area so overtime is always available. It’s not impossible to get a job and I hope you’re not discouraged.
I understand that my situation isn’t typical, but there ARE jobs, there IS money and if it’s what you’re passionate about, you WILL succeed.

RIGHT! One of the pharmacists Ive worked with told me the worst thing you can do is stay in the area where you have graduated (especially in vegas bc theres no other pharm school in the area).

Sorry! I misspoke I meant rotations. I was wondering how the rotations were worked into the schedule.
Dear FutureofUSA and LoveFood88,
Basically, for summer, you have 12 weeks total between P1 and P2. The 12 weeks are divided into 6 blocks from A->F (2 weeks/block). 3 of those blocks are for you summer IPPE rotations which include 4 NON-CONSECUTIVE weeks of community (aka walmart,walgreen,CVS,Smith, etc) rotations and 2-week HOSPITAL rotation. The rest of the 6 weeks is reserved for SUMMER remediations (which mean you fail both Friday assessment and Monday reassessments). For people who have summer remediations/MBA, they are bound to have the last 3 blocks (D->F) as their SUMMER rotations block. Hope it help. Feel free to contact me for anything. :D

RIGHT! One of the pharmacists Ive worked with told me the worst thing you can do is stay in the area where you have graduated (especially in vegas bc theres no other pharm school in the area).
regarding pharmacist jobs, the Vegas market is getting a little better but still quite saturated. From my last career fair encounter, I know some pharmacy is opening in Vegas and plan to hire next year. Your typical CVS, Walgreen, Smith are hiring for the neighboring area such as Central California, North Vegas (Reno), Arizona, Oregon, and Washington. If you guys do not mind working out of state, then there are always jobs available.

Hi guys,
I'm going to Roseman at Henderson location this Fall 2019. I wonder if anyone already look for housing? And if anyone looking for roommate?

Im going to roseman at Henderson location this Fall 2019 too. im looking for housing around july

Hi All,

I'm going to Roseman Henderson location this Fall as well! Is anyone thinking about doing the dual degree MBA program? I'm not sure how current students feel about the dual degree since I haven't spoken to any in the program.

Hi All,

I'm going to Roseman Henderson location this Fall as well! Is anyone thinking about doing the dual degree MBA program? I'm not sure how current students feel about the dual degree since I haven't spoken to any in the program.
what questions do you have? I did not do the dual MBA program but it is more suited for people who want to do management position when they graduate pharmacy school. There are pro and con of doing a dual degree. let me know if you have anything specific question

what questions do you have? I did not do the dual MBA program but it is more suited for people who want to do management position when they graduate pharmacy school. There are pro and con of doing a dual degree. let me know if you have anything specific question

Can you list the pros and cons of the program? What have you heard about it? Do you know any students currently doing it?

Also, do a lot of students end up remediation during summer?

Can you list the pros and cons of the program? What have you heard about it? Do you know any students currently doing it?

Also, do a lot of students end up remediation during the summer?
I knew a few students who are currently doing the MBA programs and I have seen both the positive and negative sides of things. So for the DUAL PHARMD/MBA program, the pros of it are that you will get two titles once you graduate. Some of the requirement for graduation for MBA and PHARMD overlap, therefore doing it together will save you some time and potentially money. Having an MBA and a PHARMD will give you an advantage in choosing a higher management position within the job market. As you probably know, the market is getting more and more saturated with more graduating pharmacists than jobs available. Therefore it is good to have other skills/degree to help you get a job post graduate. The cons of it are that you will not have a break during the 3 years of pharmacy. For example, PharmD students often get 6 weeks of summer during their P1-->P2 year where they can do summer remediation. If they do not have any summer remediation, they can use it as vacation time. As MBA/PHARMD student, you won't have that luxury and the flexibility. You will not have time to break throughout the entire summer. Your first 6 weeks will be MBA class and the other 6 weeks will be summer rotations. If you fail to have a summer REMEDIATION, you will delay your MBA graduation status further. Some of my friends are still going to MBA class post PHARMD graduation to get their MBA degree.
Regarding summer remediation, the average percentage is 10% of class remediate on most of the blocks. Depend on the block, there will be one to three blocks where the remediation rates are about 30-40%. Summer remediation doesn't mean you are bad, it just means you will get more chance to study for the subject and will be better once you pass the remediation test.
Hope it help :D

I got in!!! Just got my acceptance email today! Super excited! I'll be going to Henderson!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Hi everyone! I've been following this forum since it started and it has inspired me a lot. I did my interview on April 4 and after 8 days of waiting, I received my acceptance notification on April 12. Im excited to meeting you all in August and God Bless!

Reactions: 2 users