Roseman University of Health Sciences - 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Really? I interviewed 2/21 and am still waiting.....I'm completely freaking out now that you mention calls are being made.

Members don't see this ad.

So it's based on point system.. That means that we all weren't equal when we stepped in for the interview. We all already had a certain amount of points based on our application.

My friend said that people who got an interview offer met the point minimum. I am not sure if they then zero out everything so that all the candidates that have the interviews are equal.. or if they will just continue adding points. I asked the interviewer, and she said that it will just be added to however many points you have from your application..

I am hoping that my interview will add a lot of points because my PCAT scores aren't great and my GPA is horrible...

Your entire candidate score is out of 100 points. I'm not sure what your application items are worth but the interview is worth 30% of your total score. If you do well on your interview then you have a good chance of getting accepted because your score was already high enough to warrant an interview.

I thought my interview went pretty well and I was really truthful with all my answers, hopefully my honestly got through to them. I think I will be stressed out until the acceptance call. :( lol

Members don't see this ad :)
^-^ I"M SO HAPPY! Interviewed on March 1 and just got accepted! Whoo! Utah here I come!

do you know if they call from an unknown number or the regular nevada area code? my phone just dropped a call from unknown and now im getting paranoid haha

Heehee. I just scrolled through my phone ... it came up on mine as a (702) number.

Heehee. I just scrolled through my phone ... it came up on mine as a (702) number.

Every time I get a phone call I hope for that area code! Lol Interviewed 2/2 and still waiting for a phone call! :(

Just received an acceptance call from Dr. DeYoung, but turned it down. I hope this opens up a spot for someone else! Good luck to everyone.

Congrats on Midwestern! When was your interview at Roseman?

Just received an acceptance call from Dr. DeYoung, but turned it down. I hope this opens up a spot for someone else! Good luck to everyone.

hi, do mu mind telling us why you chose Midwestern Glendale over Roseman?

Thanks a lot! :bang:

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Deyoung called me yesterday for acceptance! Just trying to decide which campus to select now!

Dr. Deyoung called me yesterday for acceptance! Just trying to decide which campus to select now!

Wow that was fast! Would you like to share your stats? CONGRATS! :)

congrats!! Does Dr. Deyoung also email you or does he only call??

HI! has anyone heard back who interviewed on 2/21?
I have friends who interviewed in January and beginning of February who heard back a week later....I have not yet =(

It seems as if you will either hear immediately after your interview or you won't hear until the end of interviews. I believe it is Roseman's policy to accept only people who have extraordinary stats first.

It seems as if you will either hear immediately after your interview or you won't hear until the end of interviews. I believe it is Roseman's policy to accept only people who have extraordinary stats first.

I agree!

Congrats!!!
Can you post your stats? and who interviewed you... pleaze

do they even send out "rejection" letters?

Agree. I'm sure there is a good chance for many of us to get in that interview. Some students that get accepted decline because they chose a different campus they get into. That could possibly open up some slots. Hopefully we all get a call soon.

Agree. I'm sure there is a good chance for many of us to get in that interview. Some students that get accepted decline because they chose a different campus they get into. That could possibly open up some slots. Hopefully we all get a call soon.
:thumbup:haha wish i can like ur alias.... anyways when did you interview?

i hope everyone that interviewed in henderson today did well! i was one of the lucky ones (yeah right) to be in the first group at 3:00. my interview went okay....my nerves got to me and i was talking too fast. dr zarley was nice enough to say it's ok don't be nervous we're nice. but that didn't seem to help lol. now it's time to play the waiting game...

hey steve! i was there that day too. :) hope we get in.... what campus are you looking to get into?

I was there too! My interview was at 4:00pm! I was nervous as well! Hope everything turn out fine. Good luck to you!!!

hey is this lili? i think i met you that day! :) mine was at 4 too :) fingers crossed now...:xf: for all of us!

So it's based on point system.. That means that we all weren't equal when we stepped in for the interview. We all already had a certain amount of points based on our application.

My friend said that people who got an interview offer met the point minimum. I am not sure if they then zero out everything so that all the candidates that have the interviews are equal.. or if they will just continue adding points. I asked the interviewer, and she said that it will just be added to however many points you have from your application..

I am hoping that my interview will add a lot of points because my PCAT scores aren't great and my GPA is horrible...
what are your stats? when did you intereview?

Your entire candidate score is out of 100 points. I'm not sure what your application items are worth but the interview is worth 30% of your total score. If you do well on your interview then you have a good chance of getting accepted because your score was already high enough to warrant an interview.
hey... so what else do you know about the candidate score? how many points were necessary to get and interview? Do the student interviewer know what the professor scored interviewee? Does student score interviewee as well???

hey... so what else do you know about the candidate score? how many points were necessary to get and interview? Do the student interviewer know what the professor scored interviewee? Does student score interviewee as well???

I don't know what everything else is worth. I know they look at PCAT, GPA, whether you have a degree or not and your extracurriculars/essays. They also give a few bonus points if you are a UT or NV resident. Sorry, I don't know the actual breakdown of everything but the interview is 30%, I do know that much.

Yes, the student interviewer scores the candidate as well. It depends on who the faculty interviewer is whether the student interviwer knows their score or not. Some faculty don't discuss their scores with student while others don't mind comparing scores and discussing it. I've done it both ways.

hey steve! i was there that day too. :) hope we get in.... what campus are you looking to get into?

hey! i'm hoping to get accepted to the henderson campus since i live here. yeah i hope we did well enough that we get accepted!

It's hard to say, they are so nice about it! But I got all the question that is from SDN though! How about you?

it didn't go as well as i planned! i was fine after the first question...but then i got stuck in the middle of my answer on my second question and that's when dr zarley said not to be nervous because her and the student are nice, but that just made me even more nervous lol! so after that i didn't freeze up on anymore questions, but i was talking realllyyy fast so i hope it will all still turn out ok

hehe... actually, he is one of my least favorite cast members.... anyways, i just interviewed March 6th...

it didn't go as well as i planned! i was fine after the first question...but then i got stuck in the middle of my answer on my second question and that's when dr zarley said not to be nervous because her and the student are nice, but that just made me even more nervous lol! so after that i didn't freeze up on anymore questions, but i was talking realllyyy fast so i hope it will all still turn out ok
o geez... sounds like my interview too... but hopefully they saw how interested and truly motivated we are... :)

hey is this lili? i think i met you that day! :) mine was at 4 too :) fingers crossed now...:xf: for all of us!

No, I am not Lili. What's your name? Who was your interviewer? Yeah, I hope we all get in :xf:!!!!

I don't know what everything else is worth. I know they look at PCAT, GPA, whether you have a degree or not and your extracurriculars/essays. They also give a few bonus points if you are a UT or NV resident. Sorry, I don't know the actual breakdown of everything but the interview is 30%, I do know that much.

Yes, the student interviewer scores the candidate as well. It depends on who the faculty interviewer is whether the student interviwer knows their score or not. Some faculty don't discuss their scores with student while others don't mind comparing scores and discussing it. I've done it both ways.

Thanks for addressing this. I was wondering about the student's role & whether he/she gets to score the interviewees or not.
Pong, does the interviewers score the interviewees right after the interview or shortly thereafter. I wonder b/c the student walked with me back out while the Prof. stayed back. Thanks.

Hey pong... do they even send out rejection letters? They invite all the applicants to interview?

I thought my interview went pretty well... I felt good right after it but then started having doubt the next day thinking about it... either way you really can not gauge how you did since the faculty and student are SO nice they are probably that way with everyone...(which is actually a very nice thing that helps to put us at ease lol otherwise I would have been more nervous than I already was)

I also dont believe the interview is the make or break of your acceptance as some say in this forum, I believe it is the overall score, because someone with high stats can have a mediocre interview and have a higher score then someone with low stats that has an outstanding interview so they will still pick the one with the better stats... I think the interview is VERY important but def not make or break unless you completely bomb it... the whole notion that a 3.0 student and 4.0 have the same chance of getting in depending on the interview does not seem realistic to me...

either way I wish everyone goodluck and the wait is very agonizing lol I hope my interview went well enough, you never know how things are perceived at the other end especially if both faculty and student do the scoring...:):xf:

Last edited:
Hey pong... do they even send out rejection letters? They invite all the applicants to interview?

There have been instances where applicants weren't given an interview after applying. The last time I've heard of this, though, was 2 years ago when the PCAT wasn't a prerequisite to admission. There was a large influx of applicants then, but since the addition of the PCAT to the pre-admission criteria, the number of applicants have decreased by quite a bit (not exactly sure of the numbers). Since then, I haven't heard of anyone being denied a spot to interview or at least I haven't met anyone yet.

...and I know I'm not Pong, but I figure I chime in for team Henderson ;)

I thought my interview went pretty well... I felt good right after it but then started having doubt the next day thinking about it... either way you really can not gauge how you did since the faculty and student are SO nice they are probably that way with everyone...

I also dont believe the interview is the make or break of your acceptance as some say in this forum, I believe it is the overall score, because someone with high stats can have a mediocre interview and have a higher score then someone with low stats that has an outstanding interview so they will still pick the one with the better stats... I think the interview is VERY important but def not make or break unless you completely bomb it... the whole notion that a 3.0 student and 4.0 have the same chance of getting in depending on the interview does not seem realistic to me...

either way I wish everyone goodluck and the wait is very agonizing lol I hope my interview went as well as I thought it did because you never know how things are perceived at the other end especially if both faculty and student do the scoring...:):xf:

I would have to agree that if you "bomb" the interview, regardless of GPA, you will more than likely get denied. There have been instances of 4.0 GPA applicants being denied simply because they could not provide an adequate answer to the interview questions or they somehow managed to circumvent a question altogether...Although, I think in most of these instances a language barrier was the issue. I don't think it's very common that a 4.0 student gets denied but it has definitely happened before.

So, if you felt pretty good about your interview and hold a decent GPA, then hold fast hope. I know a student who has gotten in with a 3.2-ish cGPA and a 60-something PCAT and say that they attribute their success to their interview and ability to relate their tech experience because their other criteria seemed to be lacking.

I would have to agree that if you "bomb" the interview, regardless of GPA, you will more than likely get denied. There have been instances of 4.0 GPA applicants being denied simply because they could not provide an adequate answer to the interview questions or they somehow managed to circumvent a question altogether...Although, I think in most of these instances a language barrier was the issue. I don't think it's very common that a 4.0 student gets denied but it has definitely happened before.

So, if you felt pretty good about your interview and hold a decent GPA, then hold fast hope. I know a student who has gotten in with a 3.2-ish cGPA and a 60-something PCAT and say that they attribute their success to their interview and ability to relate their tech experience because their other criteria seemed to be lacking.

true that, there are exceptions in all admission cycles, Im sure and it all depends on the applicant and the experience... hopefully for all of us waiting we get good news :)

I would have to agree that if you "bomb" the interview, regardless of GPA, you will more than likely get denied. There have been instances of 4.0 GPA applicants being denied simply because they could not provide an adequate answer to the interview questions or they somehow managed to circumvent a question altogether...Although, I think in most of these instances a language barrier was the issue.

This reminded me of a classic example of communication disaster.
How long would the interview last with Bobcat the 4.0 GPA 95 PCAT etc... candidate?

Suppose he was a pharmacist. Yeah, that is a scary thought.
Bobcat on Conan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfCBnRPyeGw&feature=related

Wow that was fast! Would you like to share your stats? CONGRATS! :)

Thanks! I was surprised that he called so quickly. I actually didn't answer because I was still half asleep. I saw the Las Vegas phone number and thought it was a spam call from a resort or something since it was so quick. I had just gotten back from my flight. He left a message. After I called him back, he sent me an email too. I interviewed on March 6th in Henderson with Dr. Barclay.
I have a degree in biology. PCAT:87 GPA ~3.2

I think I am leaning towards the Henderson campus.

Does anyone know what the cost of living differences are for South Jordan vs Henderson?