Roseman University of Health Sciences - 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know for the English prerequisite can u use English 2 instead of english 1

I am doing academic forgiveness and I'm taking English 2 right now. If not I'd have to take English 1 in the spring . I turned in my pharmcas already and I'm sending out my supp today. Has roseman started interviewing yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know for the English prerequisite can u use English 2 instead of english 1

I am doing academic forgiveness and I'm taking English 2 right now. If not I'd have to take English 1 in the spring . I turned in my pharmcas already and I'm sending out my supp today. Has roseman started interviewing yet?

Hey can you share your stat with academic forgiveness and your PCAT score. Because I'm thinking of doing the same. Thank you:)

Hey can you share your stat with academic forgiveness and your PCAT score. Because I'm thinking of doing the same. Thank you:)

With the academic forgiveness I'll have a 4.0 GPA but without it I'll have a 2.72 cum and math sci. So I'll really need the forgiveness. My pcat score is low a 38 but I'm retaking in September.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes you can, I asked them that and they said:

1) With the academic forgiveness policy, are classes that are required for admission (i.e. english 1) required to be at freshman level? If I've taken a sophomore composition class more recently is that capable of fulfilling the english requirement?

A: The Admissions Office will accept a sophomore level English Composition class as satisfying the English Composition prerequisite.

I've already submitted the Roseman and PharmCAS. They told me they received the application but I think they contact in October for interviews to start in Nov-Apr. At least that's what they did last year (mid Oct.).

I am not too confident in my PCAT exam coming up. Does anyone know if Roseman emphasizes PCAT > GPA?

Yes you can, I asked them that and they said:

1) With the academic forgiveness policy, are classes that are required for admission (i.e. english 1) required to be at freshman level? If I've taken a sophomore composition class more recently is that capable of fulfilling the english requirement?

A: The Admissions Office will accept a sophomore level English Composition class as satisfying the English Composition prerequisite.

I've already submitted the Roseman and PharmCAS. They told me they received the application but I think they contact in October for interviews to start in Nov-Apr. At least that's what they did last year (mid Oct.).

That is awesome thanks for your help! I got the same email. Let's hope we get invited for interviews. I put down either campus but I want the Henderson campus. What about everyone else?

That is awesome thanks for your help! I got the same email. Let's hope we get invited for interviews. I put down either campus but I want the Henderson campus. What about everyone else?

I put either campus. I'll cross that bridge if i get accepted. :D

I am not too confident in my PCAT exam coming up. Does anyone know if Roseman emphasizes PCAT > GPA?

I think they give them equal weight. But if you have a really low score and a decent GPA or vice versa, I assume other aspects of your application could get you in. I know people have got in with GPAs under 3.0 and scores under 50% but I don't think they had both unless anyone here can reject that.

Wait, do you get to pick between the two if you get into one!? If so, I'll put both down as well....LOL

Yes and no. It depends how early you get accepted. If you're maybe in the first 60 people I'm pretty sure you get first dibs then as less and less spots are available you can get accepted into Utah and wait listed on Nevada. Since Nevada is harder to get into (a lot more people want to go there). Usually this is what happens. You do get to choose though.

With the academic forgiveness I'll have a 4.0 GPA but without it I'll have a 2.72 cum and math sci. So I'll really need the forgiveness. My pcat score is low a 38 but I'm retaking in September.

hey have you takenthe Sept PCAT, Please what is you score let me know thank you:confused:

Hi guys, i go to unlv and im planning to appy to Roseman next year. can you explain to me how the academic forgiveness works for roseman? right now i have a 2.4 GPA which is bad, but i retook the classes that i did bad on and got A's and B's. what would happen now since i got better grades this time?

I m trying to get in for 2014 batch. I had applied in Nov 2013, can you plz tell, chances for me getting in with following stats,
I have BS
GPA 3.88
PCAT 59