Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2014)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tabernacle Tech

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am looking to start a discussion for those applying to Roseman this year. I am excited to finally be applying this year. I live in Utah and have a brother that is a P3 this year at the South Jordan Utah campus. I am happy to answer questions. Good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad.

Is it more or less difficult to get into Roseman's South Jordan campus vs their Henderson campus?

My understanding is that Henderson always fills up first.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am looking to start a discussion for those applying to Roseman this year. I am excited to finally be applying this year. I live in Utah and have a brother that is a P3 this year at the South Jordan Utah campus. I am happy to answer questions. Good luck to you all!

Hi, what is my chance to get in with high GPA, and extremely low in pcat?

I remember reading on the school website before they changed the layout that the average PCAT score for the class of 2013 was in the 50's.

Like tnt2001isnt said, Their average pcat score for admissions this year was pretty low. So I think depending on how low your score is you have a pretty good shot at an interview. Once you are there it is up to you.

I remember reading on the school website before they changed the layout that the average PCAT score for the class of 2013 was in the 50's.

Like tnt2001isnt said, Their average pcat score for admissions this year was pretty low. So I think depending on how low your score is you have a pretty good shot at an interview. Once you are there it is up to you.

My pcat is 27%, and GPA >3.8 , sGPA 3.83. What do you think? Thanks a lot ;)

Hi, what is my chance to get in with high GPA, and extremely low in pcat?

If you have a low PCAT you can have extra admission points by having a BA or being state resident to make up for it. I would apply as early as possible. The app had been up for a week now

Has anyone that's applying to this school already submitted their app?

I would absolutely retake the PCAT and order Dr Collins PCAT prep material. Your GPA is good but a 27% on the PCAT is going to be tough to overcome.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Fall 2014 pharmacy applicants,
Roseman is one of my top choices for Fall 2014 and I mailed my supplemental earlier this month. Has anyone received any correspondence from the school yet? All I received was an email stating that they received my app and will start interviewing in November. Good luck to everyone applying.

I've been reading on sdn and FAQs that Roseman accepts academic forgiveness. Applicants with courses taken 5 years or longer are eligible to request this, however all 10 prereqs must be taken 5 years to request this. Does anyone know of this? Can someone elaborate? Thanks.

It seems to me that if you have taken courses more than 5 years ago you can keep them out if your gpa calculation as long as all your prerequisites were within the last 5 yrs

It's been really quiet here, any news/updates from school ???

It's been really quiet here, any news/updates from school ???

I'm applying here as well. Anyone get an interview invite yet? Or does anyone know when they'll start sending out invites? Thanks! Good luck to everyone! :)

**Crickets**

I looked through last year's thread, and it seems that they don't start handing out interviews until around mid October... So it looks like we have a while...

Anyone mind sharing stats? :D

I'm also applying to this school. It's my first choice.

Nice! It's my second choice, since I'm not a Nevada or Utah residence. I love that this school offers academic forgiveness, as the difference between my GPA before and after academic forgiveness is night and day.

Did you submit your application yet?

I'm applying here as well. Anyone get an interview invite yet? Or does anyone know when they'll start sending out invites? Thanks! Good luck to everyone! :)

You won't hear back for interview invites until near the end of October. Their first round of interviews is usually in November with the rest coming January through March.

Your low PCAT score will reflect negatively during the interview. Most interviewers take the PCAT score into consideration when 'grading' your interview. You want a score at least above the 50th percentile for it to not negatively effect you. A score above the 70th percentile will positively effect your admission status.

You won't hear back for interview invites until near the end of October. Their first round of interviews is usually in November with the rest coming January through March.

Hey, thanks for the response! I really appreciate it! :) How's the Utah campus? I'm still deciding where I should apply to, as either campus would be out of state for me.

Utah is great. You don't have to decide which campus until you receive the call from Dr. DeYoung (Dean of Admissions) telling you that you're in. He then asks which campus you'd like to attend. The henderson campus traditionally fills up first. You can opt to be waitlisted at the nevada campus and accept a seat at utah also.

I am currently at the Utah campus as a P1. We just started about a month ago. I had an embarrassingly low PCAT and a pretty low GPA at 3.0 cumulative. I got a late interview for March of 2013... but it went fantastic. I was waitlisted for both schools, and as Henderson was my first choice.... it filled up very fast and and the wait list was ages long! so I went with South Jordan. I love it here! It is cold, but I came from a state that has all four season and winters were harsh so it was not an issue for me. I say apply, at the very least you will get a late interview date possibly and you can sell yourself. They asked me about my low PCAT score and I was able to explain myself. ....but be prepared because it is a VERY fast paced program. We have finished two classes so far, taken four exams that you have to get 90% or better and have started rotations already.....and it is only getting faster. If I can do it, you can!

I am applying next week. I have my PharmCas finished but Roseman req a supplemental application is still incomplete. Thank goodness for the academic forgiveness policy!

Hi there. This question is for current pharmacy students at Roseman University. I want to make sure that I understand this correctly since the curriculum is very different from other schools.
In the school's website, it said, "If the team scores a 95% or higher on the team exam, each team member is rewarded with points added to his/her individual assessment score." How many points is awarded? Is it like 96% - 1 point, 97% - 2 points, etc?

Lets say the test was 60 questions. You have to score 54 to pass at the required 90 percent. If your team passes with a score of 95 percent, you get the extra 5 percent. This equates to you needing a score of 51 (85 percent) to pass.

Teams passing means you can score 85 percent to pass. It doesn't matter what your team passed by. Just that it passed.

I'll also add that the vast majority of the time every team passes. You can pretty much plan on only having to score 85 percent to pass.

How big are the size of these teams? Are they chosen at random or do you get to pick your teammates? Thanks!

That's interesting... Thanks for your response, you've been a great help! :)

Practicing for that interview will help! Also, definitely review SDN's compiled list of interview questions from previous years :)

I just want to give all that are applying for the class of 2017 a heads up....You really need to think about the 90% assessment stipulation for attending this school. I had a 4.0 gpa and high PCAT score and I along with several of my classmates are struggling to make the 90%. I knew it would be tough, however I was in no way prepared for how tough it really is. There is a TON of information that you are tested on and you have other things that you are studying for as well such as Top 200 and pharmacy calculations. I wish that someone would have been frank with me and told me how tough it is. Many of my classmates already have to remediate 3 tests over the summer and it is just getting tougher. Some students are having no problems and I hope that for all of you, that is how it will be. If you are choosing this school for the 3 day weekends to go home or the summer's that you might get to spend at home (if you are not NV or Utah residents) please do not base your decision to go to Roseman on those ideas. It is hard to get a 3 day weekend and for many of my classmates their summers will be spent on campus retaking tests that they have already taken twice. I don't want to scare anyone off because overall, I am happy with my decision to come to Roseman, but I wish someone had been blunt with me and did not sugar coat the 90%. I spend approximately 5-6 hours each night after school studying and I have no idea how many hours over the weekend studying and I have had to remediate all 3 of our tests on Mondays due to not passing on Fridays. Mind you, I am still getting 88 or 89% but it is not 90% and there is no curving or rounding up of the grades. Some of my classmates hardly study and they are fine, if you are that way, this school will be cake for you. I wish all of you the best, I just want you to really consider the 90% thing and know that it is extremely difficult and not as easy as they make it sound. Good luck to you all, if anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer them, I was in your shoes this time last year!

What happens if u still don't hit 90 in the summer ?

You lose a year in some circumstances. Almost everyone passes.

has anybody finished the supplementary application of Roseman University? :confused:

Do they send out e-mails requesting that we complete our supplemental application or do we go straight to their website after submitting PharmCAS? I submitted my PharmCAS over a week ago, but haven't gotten a confirmation e-mail from them, so I'm a bit concerned.

I sent in my completed supplemental when I saw PharmCAS had marked my app as "mailed"

bronco12 & trangtn: Thank you both for your responses! :) Ya, I saw that on their website, too, but I wasn't sure if I should do it since I haven't received an e-mail from them. Most of the schools I applied to sent an e-mail with a link indicating that the supplemental application should be completed. I guess Roseman is different... I'll just go ahead and work on theirs then. Thanks again! :)

Does anyone know when they will be sending out interview invites?

Moj101: My guess is that we should hear something next monday. Good luck.

I just want to give all that are applying for the class of 2017 a heads up....You really need to think about the 90% assessment stipulation for attending this school. I had a 4.0 gpa and high PCAT score and I along with several of my classmates are struggling to make the 90%.

Hey, I'm an NV P1 too, but I haven't had to reassess yet. I definitely agree with you that the Roseman curriculum is tough. A two week block is probably the equivalent of a 5 week undergraduate biochem midterm in terms of difficulty. However, I'm not sure that people are really going to find a significantly easier program out there. Plus, the 90% is somewhat relative to the difficulty of the questions (e.g. the PCalc exam requires 90% but was way easier than a normal block exam). Right? That may just be my perspective anyway.

I did, however, notice that the non-BS degree pharm techs were struggling more than those who had taken biochem, molecular bio, cell biology, etc. Does that describe your situation?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey, I'm an NV P1 too, but I haven't had to reassess yet. I definitely agree with you that the Roseman curriculum is tough. A two week block is probably the equivalent of a 5 week undergraduate biochem midterm in terms of difficulty. However, I'm not sure that people are really going to find a significantly easier program out there. Plus, the 90% is somewhat relative to the difficulty of the questions (e.g. the PCalc exam requires 90% but was way easier than a normal block exam). Right? That may just be my perspective anyway.

I did, however, notice that the non-BS degree pharm techs were struggling more than those who had taken biochem, molecular bio, cell biology, etc. Does that describe your situation?
Hi Am quite new here but have been reading other posts. So here is my background in the application sent to Roseman. BS in biochem, MS in Molecular biology, 3.64 Science GPA, 3.49 cum GPA, worked in biopharmaceutical industry, no pharmacy experience or shadowing, but significant a patient care experience and use of medications. I don't know if this will get me in thought. comment pls