Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2014)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry, wrong thread. Message deleted and moved to 2015 with same title.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
just curious... for the people who were on the waitlist for Henderson and got in at the end, what position were you in originally and how long did it take them to tell you that you are accepted?

Do I have a chance to get into pharmacy school without bachelor's degree? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
@Strategic Services thank you for the reply. I've been working as a pharmacy technician for nearly 7 years now. I earned associates degree from a community college, and I just wanna move forward. I've already taken some of the required classes in community college but I will be taking some of the pre-requisites from an integrated science program school.

Keep at it! We've got people from all kinds of backgrounds, being a tech is definitely a plus, best of luck with your classes.

Just out of curiosity, is the laptop absolutely necessary? Can students use their own personal laptop without purchasing the school one?

Why would that be? I mean 2400 for a laptop is definitely not cheap, especially when I have a perfectly functional laptop that I can use for school.

I am planning to apply to Roseman early decision next year. I just want to get as much information as possible so that I am certain that this is the school I want to go to. Any info helps. Thanks.

Hi Everyone!

I'm currently a P1 student at the Henderson Campus. I just want to wish everyone applying and interviewing good luck. I volunteered to interview students today and here is the best advice I can give to everyone...relax, be yourself, stay positive, and smile. I remember being in your shoes at one point and I know how it feels. Personally for me, I gave extra points to everyone that I interviewed. So far as a P1 student, I can say that everyone here is really friendly. I've only been here for 2 months, but I can say the friendships I've built with some classmates is going to go beyond school. It's only been 2 months, but the time I've been here with these people makes me feel like I've known them for years already. Also, I've seen some people post in this forum trying to scare you guys away with the 90% passing rate. From my point of view, I feel like you can pass as long as you put in the TIME and EFFORT. There are no textbooks and everything is straight off power point/lecture so that takes a load off your chest. In addition, the material that they test you on is straightforward. The questions are not tricky at all because the schools' goal is to help everyone pass. They don't want to fail you. For the first week of school, the fraternities will give everyone exams from the past so you can study off of them to get an idea of what type of questions are on the exam. And no, it's not considered cheating because everyone gets a copy of the exams. The questions are not the exact same, but the concepts are the similar. If it gives you hope or makes you feel better... I had an average gpa, below average pcat score, and graduated with a degree in business from a Cal State. If I can make it through and pass all the exams I had so far, I believe you can do it too. Please don't compare yourself to others and make yourself feel like you are not good enough. Just because someone has a 99% pcat score or a degree in biochemistry/science field and you don't doesn't mean that you won't be able to make it. Have faith in yourself!
Thank you so much so much for your encouraging words. To be honest, I'm a little nervous about the 90% pass rate but that gives us all a perfect opportunity to overcome our fears and prove that we can do whatever we set our minds to with hard work. Thanks again for your insight, it is much needed and appreciated especially with my interview coming up in less than one week . :)

Thank you so much so much for your encouraging words. To be honest, I'm a little nervous about the 90% pass rate but that gives us all a perfect opportunity to overcome our fears and prove that we can do whatever we set our minds to with hard work. Thanks again for your insight, it is much needed and appreciated especially with my interview coming up in less than one week . :)
Make sure you know what you are getting yourself into. Roseman has changed a lot. Definitely doable, but it's 100x harder now. If you don't pass on a Friday, you will have to, pretty much, study everything over and over again because they will not give you your exam back or even let you know what you did wrong.
Or to put it this way, you won't be able to learn from your mistakes ^_^ Again, it's doable, I just want to make sure that you know everything before making your decision. Remember to ask questions during the interview and talk to the current P1s.
A lot of the P1s from this year did not know about this new concept and, let just say, they are not so happy about it.

Reactions: 1 user
I am currently at the Utah campus as a P1. We just started about a month ago. I had an embarrassingly low PCAT and a pretty low GPA at 3.0 cumulative. I got a late interview for March of 2013... but it went fantastic. I was waitlisted for both schools, and as Henderson was my first choice.... it filled up very fast and and the wait list was ages long! so I went with South Jordan. I love it here! It is cold, but I came from a state that has all four season and winters were harsh so it was not an issue for me. I say apply, at the very least you will get a late interview date possibly and you can sell yourself. They asked me about my low PCAT score and I was able to explain myself. ....but be prepared because it is a VERY fast paced program. We have finished two classes so far, taken four exams that you have to get 90% or better and have started rotations already.....and it is only getting faster. If I can do it, you can!

In terms of getting a 90% on every test to pass, do you think this is reasonable. Is it unfair to say a B is a failing grade. What happens if you get a 89%?
Also, are the tests easier then?
Easier meaning, like are they straight from the notes so basically more memory oriented?

Reactions: 1 user