Roseman University of Health Sciences (Entering 2014)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Mary,

I am currently a P1 student at the Henderson campus.

1. This program is accredited by ACPE and AACP so you have nothing to worry about concerning its legitimacy. Once you pass the NAPLEX, you have to pass the boards for any state that you wish to practice throughout your career. This program does focus on Nevada state laws along with federal laws. About 80% of the current P1 class is from SoCal so you're not a stranger for being out-of-state.
2. The school does NOT offer lodging accommodations for interviewees. All students live off-campus since there are no dormitories. There are plenty of "budget" lodging in the Henderson area.
3. You do get about six weeks in the summer off. Although, if you fail a block twice (Fri & Mon), you will be required to remediate during the summer. One remediation takes a week of summer. You are allowed up to 5 "summers". Thus, if you fail six blocks within the year, you will be removed from the program. (scary, but this does total 18 exams, very rare)
4. Although the school does not offer counseling services within the staff itself, they will gladly refer you to the appropriate services necessary.
5. Roseman University does not have their own hospital, but have affiliations with every single hospital in the Las Vegas valley.
6. There are plenty of places to eat. Too many places actually.
7. Having your own car is very necessary. Public transportation is doable, but highly inefficient to the point where its useless. Henderson is a suburb of Las Vegas. It is very very suburban. Malls, gated communities, fast food chains, Costco, Target, Walmart.....name anything corporate, Henderson has it.

I advise all applicants to read through the Catalog and website to get a sense how the University works. The interview questions don't stray too far from the information stated in the Catalog and website either. If you are offered an interview, you basically "passed" the numbers part and have to sell yourself. Practice your interview!

About the 90% exam pass rate....most of you can do it. Focus and study hard. If you think you can come to Roseman and cram the day before the exam and pass because you kicked ass in undergrad....think again. This program is rigorous, but very manageable. If you can manage your time and take tests well, you will do well. There is a reason why this program is 3 years instead of 4. Tons of material in a short amount of time. It can be very frustrating at times, but most of time, I'm having a great time here and love the people I met so far. Join as many clubs as you can, its a great way to make new friends. I was scared of the 90% almost to the point where I did not apply. I am a "B" student. Just keep up with the material and you'll be fine. It is stressful, but I can't name any pharmacy school in the country that isn't stressful. Best of luck!
Dear P1 student,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy study schedule to respond to my questions. They were very helpful and encouraging. Thanks for the heads up on managing time. I am still struggling with that.
1. If you don't mind, could you give me an idea on a typical class day what your schedule is like? Do you have time to exercise and eat lunch at noon? (I saw online it says classes from 8 to 3, Mon-Thurs. with exams on Fridays).
2. Fridays you take an exam individually and as a group; do you think working in a group to take the exam lowers your grade?
3. If you make less than 90%, do you retake the same exact exam on Monday, or are there different questions on Monday's test?
4. Is it correct that you guys do not have textbooks? Do you think that you are able to learn efficiently without diagrams, pictures, graphs, that are provided from textbooks?
Thanks,
Mary

Members don't see this ad.

Allll yeahhhh chud and I representin the chi-town!!!!! Hahahah good luck all of you!!!

Alright, I only know of 2 NV P1's from Chicago, haha what up!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
What kinds of questions did they ask you on the interview? Did you have to take a test on interview day? I hear you often have to take tests for pharm school interview day. Thanks so much for your response, in advance.

The interview day consists of a series of presentations about the program, the individual interview with a current P1 and a professor, and a tour of the campus / Q&A with current P1s in a small group. No tests, no writing, etc. Typical questions can be found on the SDN website & that really helped with my interview! However, students and professors are encouraged to come up with their own questions that assess an incoming student's qualities: Oral communication skills, Working within a team, Leadership, Motivation, Problem solving, Professionalism (it's on their website: http://www.roseman.edu/admissions-college-of-pharmacy/cop---student-selection-process). The goal is to deliver a great interview experience that shows the great experience you'll have as a student!

Dear P1 student,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy study schedule to respond to my questions. They were very helpful and encouraging. Thanks for the heads up on managing time. I am still struggling with that.
1. If you don't mind, could you give me an idea on a typical class day what your schedule is like? Do you have time to exercise and eat lunch at noon? (I saw online it says classes from 8 to 3, Mon-Thurs. with exams on Fridays).
2. Fridays you take an exam individually and as a group; do you think working in a group to take the exam lowers your grade?
3. If you make less than 90%, do you retake the same exact exam on Monday, or are there different questions on Monday's test?
4. Is it correct that you guys do not have textbooks? Do you think that you are able to learn efficiently without diagrams, pictures, graphs, that are provided from textbooks?
Thanks,
Mary

My perspective:
[1] For the P1 year, a typical 2-week block is this: Week#1: "assessment" lecture Tu-Thur 8-3, then Friday you'll intern at a local pharmacy 8 hours. Week#2: Monday is "non-assessment" lecture/tests (Top 200, communications, calculations, etc.) 8-3, "assessment" lecture Tu-Thur 8-3, then Assessment Friday. If you pass the assessment, you'll get the next Monday off (Monday is actually the last day of the block). Lunch is 1 hour around noon - you can exercise, go home, whatever.
[2] Assessment Fridays begin with a 2-hour individual assessment, then team assessment, then assessment review, and lastly you'll get your scores. Your team must score a 95% for each team member to receive 5% credit on their individual scores, and you must score a 90% after team scores are added to pass. Almost every team gets a 95%+ on almost every assessment - it's surprisingly easy to do as a group. Your team cannot lower your individual scores, only add to it. You'll enjoy the group thing!
[3] Reassessments are never the same exam & remember - you'll have to get a 90% on your own with no 5% group points to help this time. However, IMO you'll be given an extra 2 days over the weekend to really nail those concepts and information, so that helps. I've only had to reassess in the MBA program, but I've heard that the tests can be very different and seem harder.
[4] No textbooks, but the diagrams, pictures, graphs, etc. are all in the powerpoint slides. I believe this is a med/pharm school standard. "Efficient" or "sufficient"? I don't always agree that this is "sufficient" - sometimes textbooks have a more thorough and effective way of explaining topics. I turn to Internet sources and PubMed if the slides seem too confusing or to clarify a fact in the notes.

Members don't see this ad :)
The interview day consists of a series of presentations about the program, the individual interview with a current P1 and a professor, and a tour of the campus / Q&A with current P1s in a small group. No tests, no writing, etc. Typical questions can be found on the SDN website & that really helped with my interview! However, students and professors are encouraged to come up with their own questions that assess an incoming student's qualities: Oral communication skills, Working within a team, Leadership, Motivation, Problem solving, Professionalism (it's on their website: http://www.roseman.edu/admissions-college-of-pharmacy/cop---student-selection-process). The goal is to deliver a great interview experience that shows the great experience you'll have as a student!

My perspective:
[1] For the P1 year, a typical 2-week block is this: Week#1: "assessment" lecture Tu-Thur 8-3, then Friday you'll intern at a local pharmacy 8 hours. Week#2: Monday is "non-assessment" lecture/tests (Top 200, communications, calculations, etc.) 8-3, "assessment" lecture Tu-Thur 8-3, then Assessment Friday. If you pass the assessment, you'll get the next Monday off (Monday is actually the last day of the block). Lunch is 1 hour around noon - you can exercise, go home, whatever.
[2] Assessment Fridays begin with a 2-hour individual assessment, then team assessment, then assessment review, and lastly you'll get your scores. Your team must score a 95% for each team member to receive 5% credit on their individual scores, and you must score a 90% after team scores are added to pass. Almost every team gets a 95%+ on almost every assessment - it's surprisingly easy to do as a group. Your team cannot lower your individual scores, only add to it. You'll enjoy the group thing!
[3] Reassessments are never the same exam & remember - you'll have to get a 90% on your own with no 5% group points to help this time. However, IMO you'll be given an extra 2 days over the weekend to really nail those concepts and information, so that helps. I've only had to reassess in the MBA program, but I've heard that the tests can be very different and seem harder.
[4] No textbooks, but the diagrams, pictures, graphs, etc. are all in the powerpoint slides. I believe this is a med/pharm school standard. "Efficient" or "sufficient"? I don't always agree that this is "sufficient" - sometimes textbooks have a more thorough and effective way of explaining topics. I turn to Internet sources and PubMed if the slides seem too confusing or to clarify a fact in the notes.

Thank you so much for your responses!! You have no idea how helpful they are.

My perspective:

What do you mean by IMO?

What do you mean by IMO?

IMO="in my opinion", sorry. It wasn't an opinion really, just an upside in having to reassess. Everybody focuses on the downside to reassessing, which is that you will have a 2-day weekend to study/stress rather than a 3-day weekend that's relatively stress-free.

With the supplemental, do I need to send transcripts? A couple times in the app it implies that transcripts need to be sent. Shouldn't they be able to see everything on pharmcas?

With the supplemental, do I need to send transcripts? A couple times in the app it implies that transcripts need to be sent. Shouldn't they be able to see everything on pharmcas?
I'm pretty sure the only transcripts you need to send in are updated ones if you have grades from the summer or fall that are now graded. And you're right that they should be able to see everything on PharmCas.

Best of luck!

I'm in the same boat Tru3cn-I take the PCAT for the first time Jan 7. I wasn't planning on it initially because UofU doesn't require it, but then I learned of Roseman University. Hopefully I will be accepted to one or the other :)
I'm also taking the PCAT on Jan 7th. How are you studying for the test? I took it in July, but not satisfied with my score so I'm retaking it...Is this your first time?

I'm also taking the PCAT on Jan 7th. How are you studying for the test? I took it in July, but not satisfied with my score so I'm retaking it...Is this your first time?

Oops, you already mentioned you're taking it for the first time! Good luck!

do they email to let you know when they receive all the application materials? i sent mine in last monday but i havent heard back from them yet. i was thinking about contacting them to ask

do they email to let you know when they receive all the application materials? i sent mine in last monday but i havent heard back from them yet. i was thinking about contacting them to ask

I actually emailed about this yesterday, I got an email in Oct saying they'd received my supplemental but didn't hear anything about the PharmCAS and it was mailed in late Oct (per the PharmCAS site). The Roseman website says you should hear back within three weeks, and I did for the supplemental, but not the PharmCAS. The response I received today wasn't a ton of help, it said they were downloading the PharmCAS apps and we would be individually contacted if something is missing. So yes, if you haven't received any confirmation you should at least hear back about the supplemental, and I would wait another week before asking about the PharmCAS apps, especially if you just submitted it. Hope this helps, and good luck! :)

I emailed them and they said they received a lot of applications over thanksgiving break. If you don't hear from them by december 17, you should follow up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I actually emailed about this yesterday, I got an email in Oct saying they'd received my supplemental but didn't hear anything about the PharmCAS and it was mailed in late Oct (per the PharmCAS site). The Roseman website says you should hear back within three weeks, and I did for the supplemental, but not the PharmCAS. The response I received today wasn't a ton of help, it said they were downloading the PharmCAS apps and we would be individually contacted if something is missing. So yes, if you haven't received any confirmation you should at least hear back about the supplemental, and I would wait another week before asking about the PharmCAS apps, especially if you just submitted it. Hope this helps, and good luck! :)

Haha this is so funny. I emailed the same question and got the same answer that did not help too much. At least now you know you are not alone =D

Just got my interview email!! I asked for Jan. 28. I am so excited!!!@Tru3cn, guess an interview invite is better than a confirmation email, haha, I'll take it :D

Anyone else hear back from the nov 11 interview?

I guess I'm way behind all of you! I took the PCAT in november, and e-submitted my PharmCas and mailed my supplemental right on December 2. PharmCas was just verified today. Nothing to do now but wait and see if I will even get an interview invitation.

I guess I'm way behind all of you! I took the PCAT in november, and e-submitted my PharmCas and mailed my supplemental right on December 2. PharmCas was just verified today. Nothing to do now but wait and see if I will even get an interview invitation.

I'm on the same boat....Except I will be taking my PCAT on Jan 7th! I emailed Dr. DeYoung about submitting my application close to or on the deadline and this is what he said, "The College does not give preference to early applicants. However, candidates who apply earlier in the process may have more interview dates to choose from when selecting an interview date."

Good luck to you! =)

I just want to give all that are applying for the class of 2017 a heads up....You really need to think about the 90% assessment stipulation for attending this school. I had a 4.0 gpa and high PCAT score and I along with several of my classmates are struggling to make the 90%. I knew it would be tough, however I was in no way prepared for how tough it really is. There is a TON of information that you are tested on and you have other things that you are studying for as well such as Top 200 and pharmacy calculations. I wish that someone would have been frank with me and told me how tough it is. Many of my classmates already have to remediate 3 tests over the summer and it is just getting tougher. Some students are having no problems and I hope that for all of you, that is how it will be. If you are choosing this school for the 3 day weekends to go home or the summer's that you might get to spend at home (if you are not NV or Utah residents) please do not base your decision to go to Roseman on those ideas. It is hard to get a 3 day weekend and for many of my classmates their summers will be spent on campus retaking tests that they have already taken twice. I don't want to scare anyone off because overall, I am happy with my decision to come to Roseman, but I wish someone had been blunt with me and did not sugar coat the 90%. I spend approximately 5-6 hours each night after school studying and I have no idea how many hours over the weekend studying and I have had to remediate all 3 of our tests on Mondays due to not passing on Fridays. Mind you, I am still getting 88 or 89% but it is not 90% and there is no curving or rounding up of the grades. Some of my classmates hardly study and they are fine, if you are that way, this school will be cake for you. I wish all of you the best, I just want you to really consider the 90% thing and know that it is extremely difficult and not as easy as they make it sound. Good luck to you all, if anyone has any questions, I would be happy to answer them, I was in your shoes this time last year!

Hi everyone! I am currently a P3 at Roseman University and I just want to let all of you know that is truly a tough program - if you are not prepared to put in the time and effort it takes to meet the standards that this school has set, then don't apply and please don't complain when you are accepted into the program and have the opportunity to be in a fast track program. I can't imagine that anyone sugarcoats the 90% pass rate because those words scared the crap out of me when I started, and that was my driving force in passing those exams. The faculty will not be easy on you because of the 90% pass rate, they'll be more strict because they want to make sure that you are prepared to be a pharmacist when you leave their halls. That being said, I really do like my school - they have given me an education that I can be proud of, and one that I can help people with, and I am truly grateful for that. I am completing my rotations right now (they have 4 mandatory ones - ambulatory care, advanced community, adult acute care, and an institutional) and I feel comfortable with the knowledge that I have about drugs and disease states that I have learned throughout my two years there.

To be fair, I will say the teachers expect you to know and understand the material relatively quickly, and it's very easy to fall behind. In my experience here, though, the teachers honestly care about how well the students are understanding the material, and will sometimes stay after hours or hold review sessions before the exams to help build confidence and answer any last minute questions the students may have. During the first two years, students are expected to follow the didactic learning as well as attend their rotation sites (retail pharmacy - IPPE) every 2 weeks. They expose you to the pharmacy field from the first month of school - you gain so much experience from this if you've never had pharmacy experience before. On top of that, there are quite a few group presentations throughout the year so even during your "3 day weekends" you've still got school on your mind. Time management in a program like this is the key to success, and there have been quite a few people who have managed to complete this program, even after having children (ages 6 months to 15+ years). So if we can do it, why can't you?

Why anyone would think this program is any different than a standard pharmacy doctorate program is beyond me. Those programs have students take 5+ classes at the same time and have a week or so in one semester where the students take the exams for those classes. Sure, the pass rate is a ~70%, but you're studying for 5 classes at the same time - not ONE class. The curriculum format takes a little bit of getting used to, but please please PLEASE don't complain about the system when you have the opportunity to decline the offer. Once you accept, you're in it for good, complaining is only going to make it tougher on YOU, and probably those around you as well.

Everything I've said above is not to scare you away from my school, it's so that you don't feel as though you've been misled in applying and accepting a seat here. The faculty really cares about their students (many of them know the majority of the students on a first name basis). The staff at the school is also very nice, they all seem to care about the students, and everyone actually does seem to get along - it's like one of those sappy 70's movies where everyone's just happy all the time...for them at least - for the students it's more like an action film where adrenaline is pumping quite a bit - most of all during assessments.

Whew, I think I've written enough about the school...and maybe a little too much about movies - but I'm being completely serious when I say that this school means business, it's a doctorate level program, why would you expect anything less?

P.S. please let me know if you have any questions for me, I will do my best to answer them... :)

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone! I am currently a P3 at Roseman University and I just want to let all of you know that is truly a tough program - if you are not prepared to put in the time and effort it takes to meet the standards that this school has set, then don't apply and please don't complain when you are accepted into the program and have the opportunity to be in a fast track program. I can't imagine that anyone sugarcoats the 90% pass rate because those words scared the crap out of me when I started, and that was my driving force in passing those exams. The faculty will not be easy on you because of the 90% pass rate, they'll be more strict because they want to make sure that you are prepared to be a pharmacist when you leave their halls. That being said, I really do like my school - they have given me an education that I can be proud of, and one that I can help people with, and I am truly grateful for that. I am completing my rotations right now (they have 4 mandatory ones - ambulatory care, advanced community, adult acute care, and an institutional) and I feel comfortable with the knowledge that I have about drugs and disease states that I have learned throughout my two years there.

To be fair, I will say the teachers expect you to know and understand the material relatively quickly, and it's very easy to fall behind. In my experience here, though, the teachers honestly care about how well the students are understanding the material, and will sometimes stay after hours or hold review sessions before the exams to help build confidence and answer any last minute questions the students may have. During the first two years, students are expected to follow the didactic learning as well as attend their rotation sites (retail pharmacy - IPPE) every 2 weeks. They expose you to the pharmacy field from the first month of school - you gain so much experience from this if you've never had pharmacy experience before. On top of that, there are quite a few group presentations throughout the year so even during your "3 day weekends" you've still got school on your mind. Time management in a program like this is the key to success, and there have been quite a few people who have managed to complete this program, even after having children (ages 6 months to 15+ years). So if we can do it, why can't you?

Why anyone would think this program is any different than a standard pharmacy doctorate program is beyond me. Those programs have students take 5+ classes at the same time and have a week or so in one semester where the students take the exams for those classes. Sure, the pass rate is a ~70%, but you're studying for 5 classes at the same time - not ONE class. The curriculum format takes a little bit of getting used to, but please please PLEASE don't complain about the system when you have the opportunity to decline the offer. Once you accept, you're in it for good, complaining is only going to make it tougher on YOU, and probably those around you as well.

Everything I've said above is not to scare you away from my school, it's so that you don't feel as though you've been misled in applying and accepting a seat here. The faculty really cares about their students (many of them know the majority of the students on a first name basis). The staff at the school is also very nice, they all seem to care about the students, and everyone actually does seem to get along - it's like one of those sappy 70's movies where everyone's just happy all the time...for them at least - for the students it's more like an action film where adrenaline is pumping quite a bit - most of all during assessments.

Whew, I think I've written enough about the school...and maybe a little too much about movies - but I'm being completely serious when I say that this school means business, it's a doctorate level program, why would you expect anything less?

P.S. please let me know if you have any questions for me, I will do my best to answer them... :)

Thank you so much for your advices. I know that this school is not an easy school and the 90% pass rate is tough, but I really want to go here and I really hope to get that opportunity to challenge myself. :( Still waiting hopelessly for a decision from them.

Could you explain about internship and rotation opportunity? Do they find a place for us or we have to find it by our-self. Do pharmacists at those place are willing to help/teach you?
I got acceptance for the school about 3 weeks ago, but I am concerned a little bit about the internship opportunities and residency. I also want to know how current students feel about the program. Is it helpful and prepare you well for future career?

Thanks

@DiscoverID - don't be nervous! Call Dr. Deyoung every week if you have to! If you're confident in yourself and your abilities to do well in this program you will! Good luck and hope it all goes well :D

@mimiT - For the first and second years the rotation sites are basically chosen for you, this rotation site will most likely be at a retail pharmacy (CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, etc.) and a site visit is once every two weeks. In the summer before the second year each student will have to complete a 6 week rotation - they have started to introduce a new format which is basically a 2 week institutional site visit at a hospital as well as 4 weeks in a retail pharmacy. The students have to complete a 40 hour work week for that entire rotation to complete 240 hours. For third year rotations, students have to send in selections of which rotations they want in addition to the 4 core rotations to make up a total of 7 rotation blocks - each of which is 6 weeks long. At the beginning of the year, the rotation coordinator sends out a list of rotation sites that the school already has a contract with. If the student wants a particular rotation site out of state, they can send in a request to the coordinator who then tries to set up a contract with that specific site if there hasn't already been one set up. Finally, once all of the selections are in from the students, the coordinator uses a program that's kind of like a random lottery system - basically, if 5 people want the same rotation during the same block, they have a 1/5 chance of getting it. If they don't get that selection, then the system moves on to their second selection for that block. It's a long drawn out process for third year rotation selections, but I got a lot of rotations that I wanted.

During my first year rotation, I really loved my IPPE site; the people were nice, it wasn't too busy or too slow in terms of customer flow and I learned a lot even though I had a pharmacy background (which doesn't determine if you're accepted or not). My summer rotation was the same story, I really liked it and the people there were great. My second year IPPE site was horrible. The script count was high, they were always understaffed and the customers were cranky - but my preceptors were good and they always allowed me time to finish any assignments I had. The preceptors there are usually very nice, they volunteer to be preceptors so a lot of them aren't forced into it. If they're not great, you can ask your coordinator to rotate you to another site to see if you have a better experience.

In terms of residency, the school offers a lot of opportunities to show you are competitive. There is a dual MBA program that they offer, and they also offer work-study positions at hospital pharmacies if you're looking for hospital experience prior to residency applications. There are also a lot of research opportunities available at the school along with various clubs that organize clinical events if you're more geared to go the residency route. Students can participate in clinical challenge competitions, and even attend meetings such as ASHP Midyear. There are lots of opportunities to show that you're interested in being a retail or clinical pharmacist, you just have to put yourself out there in both areas of the field.

...sorry for such a long post again, but I hope this helps explain a little more about the school.

@DiscoverID - don't be nervous! Call Dr. Deyoung every week if you have to! If you're confident in yourself and your abilities to do well in this program you will! Good luck and hope it all goes well :D

@mimiT - For the first and second years the rotation sites are basically chosen for you, this rotation site will most likely be at a retail pharmacy (CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, etc.) and a site visit is once every two weeks. In the summer before the second year each student will have to complete a 6 week rotation - they have started to introduce a new format which is basically a 2 week institutional site visit at a hospital as well as 4 weeks in a retail pharmacy. The students have to complete a 40 hour work week for that entire rotation to complete 240 hours. For third year rotations, students have to send in selections of which rotations they want in addition to the 4 core rotations to make up a total of 7 rotation blocks - each of which is 6 weeks long. At the beginning of the year, the rotation coordinator sends out a list of rotation sites that the school already has a contract with. If the student wants a particular rotation site out of state, they can send in a request to the coordinator who then tries to set up a contract with that specific site if there hasn't already been one set up. Finally, once all of the selections are in from the students, the coordinator uses a program that's kind of like a random lottery system - basically, if 5 people want the same rotation during the same block, they have a 1/5 chance of getting it. If they don't get that selection, then the system moves on to their second selection for that block. It's a long drawn out process for third year rotation selections, but I got a lot of rotations that I wanted.

During my first year rotation, I really loved my IPPE site; the people were nice, it wasn't too busy or too slow in terms of customer flow and I learned a lot even though I had a pharmacy background (which doesn't determine if you're accepted or not). My summer rotation was the same story, I really liked it and the people there were great. My second year IPPE site was horrible. The script count was high, they were always understaffed and the customers were cranky - but my preceptors were good and they always allowed me time to finish any assignments I had. The preceptors there are usually very nice, they volunteer to be preceptors so a lot of them aren't forced into it. If they're not great, you can ask your coordinator to rotate you to another site to see if you have a better experience.

In terms of residency, the school offers a lot of opportunities to show you are competitive. There is a dual MBA program that they offer, and they also offer work-study positions at hospital pharmacies if you're looking for hospital experience prior to residency applications. There are also a lot of research opportunities available at the school along with various clubs that organize clinical events if you're more geared to go the residency route. Students can participate in clinical challenge competitions, and even attend meetings such as ASHP Midyear. There are lots of opportunities to show that you're interested in being a retail or clinical pharmacist, you just have to put yourself out there in both areas of the field.

...sorry for such a long post again, but I hope this helps explain a little more about the school.
Yeah, it is very helpful. Thankssss:)

I just got a phone call.i got accepted. so excited! Wish you all good luck
Did you get information about deposit yet? I got a call and then a email confirmation of admission, but they said I do not need to do anything else until they contact again. They said they will send another email by the second week of January saying about deposit. Do you guys who got acceptance have the same situation like me?
Thanks

Did you get information about deposit yet? I got a call and then a email confirmation of admission, but they said I do not need to do anything else until they contact again. They said they will send another email by the second week of January saying about deposit. Do you guys who got acceptance have the same situation like me?
Thanks
yes, so all we need to do just wait.

Not sure if many people are aware of this but just in case anyone is interested, Pacific University has a very similar program. One of the biggest differences is that at Pacific, the 5% group points transfer to the Monday exams, so you don't have to get a 90% on your own. There are other pros and cons between the two school, but overall, I like it at Pacific a lot more.

You might be wondering what I mean by liking Pacific a lot more. Well, I attended Roseman up until half-way through my P2...took a leave, then transferred to Pacific. It was the smartest move I've ever made. Let me know if you guys have any questions about the two schools. According to the dean at Pacific, I'm their first and only student transfer student. So unless there is someone who transferred from Pacific to Roseman, I might be the only person to have firsthand experience at both schools. I don't go on here very often, so feel free to email me at [email protected]...or find me on FB using the same email address.

Hey everyone:

I want to apply to Roseman University of Health Sciences Pharmacy School in the upcoming year.

I would have most of their requirements done by the end of Winter 2015:

General Chemistry I
General Chemistry II
Organic Chemistry I
Human Anatomy
Calculus I
English Composition
Speech

I would only have these three classes left and will have them completed by the end of Summer 2015.
Microbiology
Human Physiology
Organic Chemistry II

Extra Classes I would have taken if it matters include:
General Physics (1 Semester)
Statistics
Psychology 1
Sociology 1
Econ 1 (maybe)

After finishing these classes I will be done with 2 years at community college. It will mean that I do not have a Bachelors Degree.

Also I will have Volunteer Experience at UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center. I will have volunteered over 100 hours by then, hopefully even over 200 hours by then.

I will be studying for the PCAT from the Kaplan book and another book called Cracking the PCAT. I will take the PCAT in early January 2015 as well.

First of all is that too late to take the PCAT or is it okay to do it that late?
What are my chances of getting in?
Will it be hard to take the PCAT without taking any biology & physiology courses beforehand?
Will Pharmacy School be hard without taking any biology courses besides microbiology?
(this school only requires microbiology)
What other extracurricular activities can I do to better my chances at admission?

IMO="in my opinion", sorry. It wasn't an opinion really, just an upside in having to reassess. Everybody focuses on the downside to reassessing, which is that you will have a 2-day weekend to study/stress rather than a 3-day weekend that's relatively stress-free.

Thank you so much, once again!

Hey everyone:

I want to apply to Roseman University of Health Sciences Pharmacy School in the upcoming year.

I would have most of their requirements done by the end of Winter 2015:

General Chemistry I
General Chemistry II
Organic Chemistry I
Human Anatomy
Calculus I
English Composition
Speech

I would only have these three classes left and will have them completed by the end of Summer 2015.
Microbiology
Human Physiology
Organic Chemistry II

Extra Classes I would have taken if it matters include:
General Physics (1 Semester)
Statistics
Psychology 1
Sociology 1
Econ 1 (maybe)

After finishing these classes I will be done with 2 years at community college. It will mean that I do not have a Bachelors Degree.

Also I will have Volunteer Experience at UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center. I will have volunteered over 100 hours by then, hopefully even over 200 hours by then.

I will be studying for the PCAT from the Kaplan book and another book called Cracking the PCAT. I will take the PCAT in early January 2015 as well.

First of all is that too late to take the PCAT or is it okay to do it that late?
What are my chances of getting in?
Will it be hard to take the PCAT without taking any biology & physiology courses beforehand?
Will Pharmacy School be hard without taking any biology courses besides microbiology?
(this school only requires microbiology)
What other extracurricular activities can I do to better my chances at admission?

Hi there,

1.) Yes you can take the PCAT in Jan 2015 for enrollment that same year ( This pertains to Roseman only, not sure about other schools).

2.) Your chances of getting in really depends on your GPA, PCAT, Extracurricular activities, etc. (Although Roseman University does not require pharmacy experience, I believe having volunteer work in the area or even in any health related area will give your app that extra touch. It can only help you not hurt you!)

3.) It will be hard if you don't complete Microbio or Anatomy&Physiology before taking the PCAT, but it doesn't mean it's not possible. Based on the Pearson practice PCAT test, there are 20 questions on General Bio, 8 on Microbio, and 12 on Anatomy & Physiology (I would assume the actual PCAT will have something close to that). I would recommend completing at least Microbio or A&P before the PCAT....

4.) I'm sure based on what the school has listed as pre-reqs, you should be prepared enough for the program (If not they would list more pre-reqs they believe will be necessary before you enter their program). If Roseman is your choice for pharmacy school then I would recommend completing the 10 prereqs with really good grades and take any other classes that you enjoy to keep your GPA high (remember, it doesn't matter what you take after the 10 prereqs they require, so take classes that will help with your GPA! Oh, and you need a total of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units before enrollment) . You do not need a degree so I definitely will just maintain that GPA.

5.) It's great you have volunteer work in progress already. If you can, you should try to apply to CVS, Walgreens, or even Walmart to work as a Pharmacy Tech trainee. You don't need a Pharm Tech license to work as a trainee. They will actually train you to get certified. Otherwise, there are a lot of volunteer work in pharmacy at hospitals and even private owned pharmacies (google it or ask your advisor at your college to see if they know of any in your area)

Here's the link to Roseman's requirements&prerequisites http://www.roseman.edu/admissions-college-of-pharmacy/cop--requirement--prerequisites

Hope that helps!

I haven't heard anything except that they received my application materials beginning of December :(
I think they're on break and we won't hear anything till maybe mid Jan or even Feb? From previous years' forum, it seems like they have a gap between Dec & Jan before their next invites for interviews. I don't know, I could be wrong :/

I think they're on break and we won't hear anything till maybe mid Jan or even Feb? From previous years' forum, it seems like they have a gap between Dec & Jan before their next invites for interviews. I don't know, I could be wrong :/

Thanks for that info!! I was getting worried too. I still have hope now! Thank you!

Hi there,

1.) Yes you can take the PCAT in Jan 2015 for enrollment that same year ( This pertains to Roseman only, not sure about other schools).

2.) Your chances of getting in really depends on your GPA, PCAT, Extracurricular activities, etc. (Although Roseman University does not require pharmacy experience, I believe having volunteer work in the area or even in any health related area will give your app that extra touch. It can only help you not hurt you!)

3.) It will be hard if you don't complete Microbio or Anatomy&Physiology before taking the PCAT, but it doesn't mean it's not possible. Based on the Pearson practice PCAT test, there are 20 questions on General Bio, 8 on Microbio, and 12 on Anatomy & Physiology (I would assume the actual PCAT will have something close to that). I would recommend completing at least Microbio or A&P before the PCAT....

4.) I'm sure based on what the school has listed as pre-reqs, you should be prepared enough for the program (If not they would list more pre-reqs they believe will be necessary before you enter their program). If Roseman is your choice for pharmacy school then I would recommend completing the 10 prereqs with really good grades and take any other classes that you enjoy to keep your GPA high (remember, it doesn't matter what you take after the 10 prereqs they require, so take classes that will help with your GPA! Oh, and you need a total of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units before enrollment) . You do not need a degree so I definitely will just maintain that GPA.

5.) It's great you have volunteer work in progress already. If you can, you should try to apply to CVS, Walgreens, or even Walmart to work as a Pharmacy Tech trainee. You don't need a Pharm Tech license to work as a trainee. They will actually train you to get certified. Otherwise, there are a lot of volunteer work in pharmacy at hospitals and even private owned pharmacies (google it or ask your advisor at your college to see if they know of any in your area)

Here's the link to Roseman's requirements&prerequisites http://www.roseman.edu/admissions-college-of-pharmacy/cop--requirement--prerequisites

Hope that helps!

I DONT KNOW HOW TO THANK YOU ENOUGH.
YOU JUST MADE MY NIGHT.
THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Has anyone received an interview invite yet? (Post holidays)

I am trying to be patient :)

Has anyone received an interview invite yet? (Post holidays)

I am trying to be patient :)

When did you submit your application and/or supplemental? I submitted both on Dec. 2, 2013, and haven't heard anything yet.

I submitted my PharmCAS and the supplemental the day is was due (Dec 2nd). I know Roseman was on a break for a couple weeks up until today. I have yet to hear back for an interview :(

I submitted my PharmCAS and the supplemental the day is was due (Dec 2nd). I know Roseman was on a break for a couple weeks up until today. I have yet to hear back for an interview :(

I'm in the same boat as you. Submitted on December 2nd but haven't heard anything yet. Lol nice user name though!

lol thanks, are you a local applicant? i dont have a degree but I completed all the pre-reqs at unlv/csn.

lol thanks, are you a local applicant? i dont have a degree but I completed all the pre-reqs at unlv/csn.

I live in Seattle. I don't have a degree right now but I'm on track to recieve my bachelors from University of Washington next quarter. Do you know any students at Roseman?

I have about 4 friends that currently go there and I know a few people who have graduated from there.

Just got an interview invite today! Seems like other people should be receiving theirs soon :) I submitted my application on Dec 2.

Just got an interview invite today! Seems like other people should be receiving theirs soon :) I submitted my application on Dec 2.

Was it an email? And Congratulations!

Last edited:
@vic89 are you an in state student? I my application was initially verified by pharmcas on dec 2, the day i submitted my app. i sent in the academic update the day the grades posted and pharmcas has had my updated transcript for a few weeks now but yet to have recalculated my gpa. I believe i have competitive stats yet of course, I am still very nervous.

Thanks. Yes, I received an email invitation and I'm from out of state.

@vic89 if you dont mind me asking, do you remember your stats?

CUM GPA: 3.30
Pre-Req GPA: 3.50
PCAT: 76

Not at all. I am definitely considering this school but, will have to visit to see if it is the right fit for me.

Overall GPA: 3.47
PCAT: 92