Roseman University of Health Sciences

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I'm starting to get worried!! I hope we find out before Christmas!
Me too. I've been going crazy checking my phone to see if anybody has called. Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just called the admission and she said no one accepted yet:( still have to wait for call:(

Did they say when they are making the calls?

Thanks for the info, golsa! I really hope they would call us before Christmas :( And best of luck to those who just got an interview!!

I asked some of my friends in roseman, they said if we would not hear back in december, there will be a big windown after interview in jan. They said they got accepted a week after the second interviews ended.

I just got the acceptance call. I'm so excited. Good luck everyone

Members don't see this ad :)
I JUST GOT A CALL TOO!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!

I'm crying right now. I've been working so hard for this. Roseman (USN) has always been my first choice since I was still in high school. Good luck everyone! I'll be attending Henderson campus.

What an early Christmas present for me :love:

Do you guys know if they accept more this month and congrats to who got accepted:)

Congrats you two! What are your advices for the January interviewees?

I remember the last thing they asked me was "was there any question that you thought we were going to ask but we didn't" and they laughed so it seemed like the interview was ending so i brought up something that i heard another school asked.

i said "i was nervous that you might ask me about the first thing that pops into my mind when i think of ice cream and a swimming pool"

Then they asked me that exact question!!!! (my stomach dropped)hhaha so be careful they are a bit tricky!

Congrats you two! What are your advices for the January interviewees?
Just be prepared and stay relaxed. I practiced the main questions I saw from the interview feedback that moonwake posted earlier In the forum and every single question I was asked was from there so I didn't have to worry or come up with an answer on the spot.

Try not to fall into trap questions during the interview.

:confused:
ok I'll try not to.

I remember the last thing they asked me was "was there any question that you thought we were going to ask but we didn't" and they laughed so it seemed like the interview was ending so i brought up something that i heard another school asked.

i said "i was nervous that you might ask me about the first thing that pops into my mind when i think of ice cream and a swimming pool"

Then they asked me that exact question!!!! (my stomach dropped)hhaha so be careful they are a bit tricky!

lol. I'm curious as to what your response was.

Just be prepared and stay relaxed. I practiced the main questions I saw from the interview feedback that moonwake posted earlier In the forum and every single question I was asked was from there so I didn't have to worry or come up with an answer on the spot.

ok, thanks! I'll try to stay relaxed.

Congrats to all that have been accepted! I'll see the ones attending the Henderson campus next year. Let me know if I can help with any questions you may have.

To everyone else waiting, just be patient. I've heard of students being accepted up to the week before classes started.

Congrats to all that have been accepted! I'll see the ones attending the Henderson campus next year. Let me know if I can help with any questions you may have.

To everyone else waiting, just be patient. I've heard of students being accepted up to the week before classes started.

Are you a P1? I've made my mind to go to roseman. But since there giving me until march I have other offers to consider. I don't think I am a smart guy but I try really hard. Do you think that is enough? My undergraduate years were spent reading and studying material people can learn in like 1 day but it'll take me hours to read and retain. Also is there tutoring available?

Some interesting tidbits for you guys:

Our representative team at the ASHP's annual Clinical Skills Competition has now finished in the top 10 of all Colleges of Pharmacy nationwide (~120) for three years (maybe four?) running. Three years is unprecedented. In my opinion, this clearly proves that our curriculum has a strong clinical aspect.

183/184 NAPLEX passing as of the latest cycle.

Washington State University is confirmed to be adopting our pass/no pass model. There is another large, well-known institution that is also looking into adopting that model. It has not been officially named, but it was stated that everybody would know the name.

Does Roseman send out interview invites to those without a PCAT score yet? I'm taking it in January and have everything complete applications wise except the PCAT.

Are you a P1? I've made my mind to go to roseman. But since there giving me until march I have other offers to consider. I don't think I am a smart guy but I try really hard. Do you think that is enough? My undergraduate years were spent reading and studying material people can learn in like 1 day but it'll take me hours to read and retain. Also is there tutoring available?

Yes, I'm a P1. I'm fortunate enough to be able to get by without having to spend relatively much time on studying (that's not to say I don't put in hard work). But I think keeping up with the material is definitely the way to go. An exam every 2 weeks can get fairly stressful. Also, there are several longitudinal courses along with the regular block. So, time management will definitely be a priority if you're going to have to spend a lot of time studying. Also, there are always other students willing to help you understand concepts that you don't readily understand. Some teachers are really good at walking around the classroom the week of the assessment to see if you may need help. Every teacher is available for questions after class, via email, or office visits. I personally really like how the block scheduling is taught and the order it is taught in. 90% may seem extreme, but it is definitely attainable if you study effectively.

Does Roseman send out interview invites to those without a PCAT score yet? I'm taking it in January and have everything complete applications wise except the PCAT.
No, I don't think they do. They need the PCAT score to calculate the interview selection score so you can be invited for an interview.

I'll be at the Interviews in January helping out! If you haven't got a call yet I would not worry at all. With the school going with Pharmcas I'm sure their will be many more applicants, so the process might be a little longer. I was interviewed in late January and heard back early March. Also congrats to those that got in and :luck: to those that are still waiting. It really is a great school and I can see why the Naplex scores for our school is one of the best in the Nation.

I am also a current P1 any questions let me know.

Is it possible to do well on exams and be active in student organizations while getting enough sleep and time to play around?

Is it possible to do well on exams and be active in student organizations while getting enough sleep and time to play around?

Yes. You can even zone out in class.

It all depends on your studying capabilities and your time management. If you can keep it up for two years (and rotations for third year), you'll be fine. People still have time to study and sleep and do whatever else they want in the third portion of their time (work, student organizations, play).

Hi P1, I have an interview on Jan 24. I just want to know what are information that I should know about the school and what is a class size of acceptance? Thank you.

Anyone received an interview invite recently? I am anxiously waiting! My pharmcas app was mailed on 12/3, and my supplemental was received 12/6. Im curious what length of window I should be expecting before I hear anything. Good luck to you all!

It depends on how good of a student you are, and how much you need to study. There are those that spend all their free time studying and barely make it and those who never how and pass.

Hi P1, I have an interview on Jan 24. I just want to know what are information that I should know about the school and what is a class size of acceptance? Thank you.

Not sure what you are asking about info you should know about school.

Class size depends on which Campus you choose. Utah is smaller then Nevada

Anyone received an interview invite recently? I am anxiously waiting! My pharmcas app was mailed on 12/3, and my supplemental was received 12/6. Im curious what length of window I should be expecting before I hear anything. Good luck to you all!

More then likely you wont hear anything till the new year.

Just a few more questions

1. Is it true the first year is very relaxed compared to p2?

2. I heard that people put money into a "pot" and the person with a 100% on an exam gets all the money.
Can someone elaborate more on this?

2. I heard that people put money into a "pot" and the person with a 100% on an exam gets all the money.

1. I've heard this statement before as well. I think this would be normal for any pharmacy school as they build upon concepts and go into more detail of material taught during the prior year while the same time introducing new materail to learn.

2. I don't think Roseman sponsors any sort of "pari-mutuel" form of betting.

1. Depends on who you ask. Some P2s say P1 year was harder some feel P2 year is harder. P2 year is more in-depth on concepts learned from P1 year.

2. No... This is not true at least not as a class some individual groups may do it. But I have not heard it happening in Utah.

1) I wouldn't say "very" relaxed, but the general consensus is that P1 is easier than P2.
2) I've heard that groups of friends will do this. I haven't partaken.

Like Golden Bear said, P1 is more relaxed relative to P2. That said, some exams have a lot of information that is covered - so be prepared. Either keep up with the material or be really good at cramming.

A group of my friends do have a pot & it makes it fun. How big of a pot is dependent on how long it takes for someone to make 100%. It's sad when you get the 100% early. It was enough to buy a couple of beers though!

Awesome. Thanks for the responses. I just have one more.

Aside from completing the prerequisites, is there anything else you guys recommend I do to have a smooth transition from undergrad into pharmacy school?

Just withdrew my application from Roseman since I got into the school of my choice. Hopefully this will help open up another slot for the hopefuls =)

This forum page has been quite quiet lately...
Has anyone heard anything? Get any invite to interview? Anybody know anything???
~anxious~

This forum page has been quite quiet lately...
Has anyone heard anything? Get any invite to interview? Anybody know anything???
~anxious~

I have my interview on Tuesday. Pretty excited!!

The IPC course here at Henderson is a pain in the ass and absolutely terrible.

I was called on Monday to set up an interview.

Stats:
Cumulative GPA - 3.92
Prerequisite GPA - 4.0
PCAT - 64%
Utah resident
No bachelors
Decent extra curriculars
Little pharmacy experience

I was called on Monday to set up an interview.

Stats:
Cumulative GPA - 3.92
Prerequisite GPA - 4.0
PCAT - 64%
Utah resident
No bachelors
Decent extra curriculars
Little pharmacy experience

CONGRATS, when will you be interviewing?