Rowan University (RowanSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello all,
Quick question to those 2ndary application masters, for the last two 750 word essays, is it optimal to have both essay maxed at 750. Also should these essay be written with the same mindset as the personal statement or can they be a bit less formal. I have completed them but the only issue is that they are about 500-600 words with a general picture of who I am and what osteopathic medicine would be good for me.

Thanks y'all

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,
Quick question to those 2ndary application masters, for the last two 750 word essays, is it optimal to have both essay maxed at 750. Also should these essay be written with the same mindset as the personal statement or can they be a bit less formal. I have completed them but the only issue is that they are about 500-600 words with a general picture of who I am and what osteopathic medicine would be good for me.

Thanks y'all
No need to max out the word limit if you've gotten your point across in 5-600 :thumbup:

Does anyone else's LORs not show up on the portal yet? Mine were uploaded to AACOMAS weeks ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello all,

Thanks y'all
Less formal but real

Does anyone else's LORs not show up on the portal yet? Mine were uploaded to AACOMAS weeks ago.

I haven't received any.

To expand on your question, how will the admissions committee know which letters they want to open if we have more than 3 through AACOMAS?
Anybody here know?

how much is the fee for ROWAN's secondary application? Considering applying here but would like to know secondary fee initially

So according to that Reddit thread they only send II to ~350 out of ~5600 applicants. Damn.

Members don't see this ad :)
ED or RD?

I heard RD starts up mid-late September unless they're starting earlier this year.

II! Already scheduled for sept 10 at 8am

OMG I'm so happy.

Reactions: 2 users
II! also scheduled for 9/10 at 8 am!

EDIT: Regular decision, strong ties to NJ (grew up there)

Reactions: 1 users
first II.... top choice school.... Out of State.
Complete 8/3

Reactions: 2 users
Stats: 499 MCAT, > 3.9 cGPA and sGPA, 4.0 gGPA

Complete: 7/6

So is everybody who got II scheduled for 9/10? First time I ever heard of one on a weekend but it works better for me.

When do you guys think its too late to apply? I am still completing the app and wondering if anyone has any idea?

Last edited:
So is everybody who got II scheduled for 9/10? First time I ever heard of one on a weekend but it works better for me.

I checked my email immediately after getting the interview invite, and on Rowan's interview scheduling calendar there was only 9/10 @ 8am available. I assume it's the same for everyone who got sent invites on 8/26 at 3 pm est.

I hope Rowan isn't so harsh on out of state applicants like me. Copied from their website:

August 2015 entering class: 5,623 applicants | 162 students

83% are New Jersey residents

...so only 1/6 end up being OoS. Ouch.

I checked my email immediately after getting the interview invite, and on Rowan's interview scheduling calendar there was only 9/10 @ 8am available. I assume it's the same for everyone who got sent invites on 8/26 at 3 pm est.

I hope Rowan isn't so harsh on out of state applicants like me. Copied from their website:

August 2015 entering class: 5,623 applicants | 162 students

83% are New Jersey residents

...so only 1/6 end up being OoS. Ouch.

Yeah sounds like it. Did you only get the morning option or did you choose? Hopefully the turn around time after is pretty quick since they only have one group listed.

Do you have any relation to the area? I was born and raised in NJ so I have that as a positive. If you have any factors that relate you to NJ or the area it can only help. At least I hope haha

I also got an II invite yesterday ! OOS , So excited i guess those who got the II yesterday are interviewing on 9/10 at 8 as well lol first interview on a Saturday. Congrats guys !

Reactions: 1 user
Damn so many OOS in the first batch lol.

Good luck to all those interviewing. From what someone posted they accept >80% of interviewed applicants

Did you only get the morning option or did you choose?

Do you have any relation to the area?

Only had one option to choose from - sept 10 at 8am. It seems that was the only time available to all the II.

I'm from NY and no real relation to NJ besides visiting relatives there from time to time.

I picked on the supplemental app that I am interested in the PBL curriculum. I think I read somewhere that there is some additional application process for people going into Rowan's PBL? Anyone familiar with that?

Are there any MCAT/GPA requirements for the early decision program?

So I just got an e-mail today saying that my application was complete... However I got an e-mail almost exactly a month ago saying the same thing... Has this happened to anyone else?

I checked online in late July when I got the first e-mail, and everything was marked as complete in my application. So I was a little surprised that I got another one saying the same thing today. Confused.

So I just got an e-mail today saying that my application was complete... However I got an e-mail almost exactly a month ago saying the same thing... Has this happened to anyone else?

I checked online in late July when I got the first e-mail, and everything was marked as complete in my application. So I was a little surprised that I got another one saying the same thing today. Confused.

Same situation. Received it 07/25 and now today early in the afternoon. OOS.

II an hour ago. sept 14&15 available. Would they let us schedule a later date if it conflicts with some other interview?

II an hour ago. sept 14&15 available. Would they let us schedule a later date if it conflicts with some other interview?
Congratulations on your II
Do you mind sharing when you were complete?

II as well, but same. I dont think I can make either of those days and we are given 24 hours to respond. Does anyone know if we can schedule a later date?

I wonder what if you are out of town or something and you didn't check your email in time? They are so serious.
They aren't playing games lol. Does anyone know the interview day schedule for Rowan?

I accepted one of the dates offered just not to lose the interview lol. I'll email them asking if I could reschedule it tho.

sooo.. anyone complete before July but still haven't heard anything?

I accepted one of the dates offered just not to lose the interview lol. I'll email them asking if I could reschedule it tho.

Admissions at SOM are actually a group of the nicest people that you'll have the pleasure of meeting. I can't speak on their behalf, but unless there is a policy I am unaware of, or they don't have any other spots, they'd probably accommodate you. Shoot them and email, or give them a call.

Admissions at SOM are actually a group of the nicest people that you'll have the pleasure of meeting. I can't speak on their behalf, but unless there is a policy I am unaware of, or they don't have any other spots, they'd probably accommodate you. Shoot them and email, or give them a call.

I've only met Paula Watkins but if the rest are as nice as her I would 100% agree!

Forgot to post this, II 8/31/2016 OOS, Complete 8/26/2016, Scheduled for 9/15/2016! First interview, excited and nervous :p

Reactions: 3 users