Rutgers Pharmacy Transfer Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lluyo79

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've applied to Rutgers Pharmacy as a transfer applicant for entrance in Fall 2008.
Has anyone hear how many people they are accepting into the program as transfers? And has anyone already entered their program as a transfer? I know it's extremely competitive and difficult but I'm just trying to gauge how many people actually get in as a transfer.
thanks for any input you can give.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, i have applied as a transfer student for the Fall 08 admission. But i have not heard anything from them yet. Nothing at all:(

I applied as a transfer also (in November) and haven't heard anything. I heard from somebody (and don't take this to be true) that they accept very few transfers, something crazy like one or two. but who knows? good luck anyway!

Members don't see this ad :)
haven't heard back either :( does anyone have any idea how many ppl apply as transfers to rutgers? anyone willing to post their stats?

I have a friend who got in last year and said that something around 20 or so transfers were in his class (not sure how many were accepted). And he said he found out about an interview in early April-ish. Hope that helps.

I also applied and am waiting anxiously every day for some news.

I applied as a college-to-college transfer last year (just having completed the two years of prereq courses) but unfortunately was not accepted. At least from my experience, if you do the college-to-college application, you probably won't hear anything about an interview until the end of May/beginning of June, and they sent me the rejection in the middle of June. Also, I've been told by one of the Deans that having a bachelors degree definitely strengthens your application.

I called the Pharmacy school today and they said some notifications have been sent out but not all, though I'm not sure if that includes rejections, interviews, or both.

Anyone know of anyone who did so far? Has anyone heard anything yet?

Hi guys. I had applied to Rutgers pharmacy n I got a letter on 8th april 2008 that i ll be contacted by admission committee member to arrange a personal interview. I already got accepted in LIU n Temple university though. Hopin that you guys too will receive such notification from Rutgers. Good Luck!!!!

Hi guys. I had applied to Rutgers pharmacy n I got a letter on 8th april 2008 that i ll be contacted by admission committee member to arrange a personal interview. I already got accepted in LIU n Temple university though. Hopin that you guys too will receive such notification from Rutgers. Good Luck!!!!

if you dont mind. what's your stats?

Are most of you NJ residents or out-of-state?

if you dont mind. what's your stats?
Core Science GPA: 4.00
Over all GPA: 3.87
PCAT: 92 Percentile
Resident: NJ
Applied to: Temple, LIU, MCPHS, Rutgers, Pittsburg, SUNNY Buffalo, UCON
Interviewd: Temple, LIU, MCPHS, UCON and will be interviewed by Rutgers soon
Accepted: Temple, LIU, MCPHS

Oh, i just got my rejection letter from Rutgers....
:(

Oh, i just got my rejection letter from Rutgers....
:(

I m so sorry to hear tat you got a rejection letter from Rutgers. But did you go for an interview or they sent you the rejection letter without interviewing? I m asking you this because a couple of days ago, I received a letter saying tht I will be contacted to arrange an interview by admission committee member within two weeks. After 2 weeks, if I don't get contacted, i will have to call them. So i m just curious.........

Rutgers is definitely conducting interviews this month. If you go to your account, type in your RUID number and look at your application, it should say "Interview Requested" next to application status. If you see that, then you should be getting something in the mail shortly. Good luck!! My boyfriend just got his interview request. :)

Rutgers is definitely conducting interviews this month. If you go to your account, type in your RUID number and look at your application, it should say "Interview Requested" next to application status. If you see that, then you should be getting something in the mail shortly. Good luck!! My boyfriend just got his interview request. :)

you r right. I ve got the same msg from them. However, i havnt got any call from them to arrange an interview.???????? I m so excited....

this is kinda off topic but i want to ask whether Rutgers pharmacy students take New York's pHarmacy License Test or New Jersey exam.
also in general u take the test given by the state where the school is located right?

Rutgers has started interviewing. My boyfriend was there on Wednesday for his interview. Wednesday was also the first day of interviews, so you will prob be called soon.

Has anyone who has applied as a Rutgers college-to-college transfer received any correspondence for an interview, or are you currently attending other schools?

It's not practically impossible to get in Rutgers pharmacy. I am an associate degree holder from Passaic County Community College, and I am one of 10 students who got accepted in third year Pharm D. Good Luck...