School List Help (3.8 gpa, 512 MCAT, ORM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you receive any past interviews from non-Texas schools?

The reason you are not receiving interviews from OOS MD schools is that those schools know from years of experience that Texas residents will attend a Texas schools. DO schools do not have this bias so apply broadly to DO schools and you should receive several interviews.
I suggest all these schools:
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
CUSOM
NOVA
ACOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all schools)
OSU-COM
AZCOM
CCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
TCOM
SAM HOUSTON STATE

Members don't see this ad :)
The reason you are not receiving interviews from OOS MD schools is that those schools know from years of experience that Texas residents will attend a Texas schools. DO schools do not have this bias so apply broadly to DO schools and you should receive several interviews.
I suggest all these schools:
Touro-NY
NYITCOM
LECOM (all schools)
PCOM (all schools)
CUSOM
NOVA
ACOM
WVSOM
VCOM (all schools)
OSU-COM
AZCOM
CCOM
KCU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
DMU-COM
MU-COM
TUNCOM
UIWSOM
TCOM
SAM HOUSTON STATE
Thanks for your reply! Greatly appreciate it. I will apply to more DO schools but if there's even the slightest chance at any MD I would want to give it a try. Do you know of any MD schools that have accepted TX residents in the past?

Thanks for your reply! Greatly appreciate it. I will apply to more DO schools but if there's even the slightest chance at any MD I would want to give it a try. Do you know of any MD schools that have accepted TX residents in the past?
Some of the newer schools may be worth trying including Oakland Beaumont, Western Michigan, Quinnipiac, NOVA MD. Drexel may also be worth trying.

The real question is why you haven't gotten any attention from Texas schools as an in-state for the last 2 years. Of course, you are also signaling you wouldn't mind changing and living in NYC. So what is more important for you?

The real question is why you haven't gotten any attention from Texas schools as an in-state for the last 2 years. Of course, you are also signaling you wouldn't mind changing and living in NYC. So what is more important for you?
Thank you for your comment!
I think it's due to my low CASPER score and Mission fit.... Also the first cycle, I applied late September... And most of my ECs are more towards international/non-profit orgs and Texas wants primary docs serving TX. Maybe because my stat's low..?

I'm scared even if I put so much effort into secondary essays for OOS and truly want to attend, they will not pay attention to my app bc I'm from TX