Seriously Looking at 700k-1M TC this year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

letsquitpharm

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
Two verbal offers rn, possibly another one in the making...
With all the economic downturn and recession talk, I plan to take them all and work til late nights and maybe also weekends. I will just pretend I am still in school taking a full course load, but each week getting paid 10k after-tax for my effort. In 2-3 years, I will have ~1M cash saved & invested, then I can gradually phase out and get back to a new norm. I guess fat FIRE is achievable after all lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
1st official offer comes in! 175k base + 15% bonus + rsu lol

I have learned a lot in my life - one of which the person who talks most about making money often makes the least

• Haha
Reactions: 11 users
I clicked this thread, and wondered "What's this thread talking about? There's nothing here."

Then I realized I had the OP on ignore and it was just another one of those threads.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I have learned a lot in my life - one of which the person who talks most about making money often makes the least
LOL give me a day or two, and I will get you to take a look at my redacted job offers, then you will see who makes the least here haha.

Oh, it's April 20th. I was wondering why everyone at work was so wacky today.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Dude even actual rich people don't talk like this. Also didn't you say you were still in school or something getting job offers for senior positions? I forget which fake computer science student you are

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I bet all he wanted was a hug from his mommy and daddy 😭

• Haha
Dude even actual rich people don't talk like this. Also didn't you say you were still in school or something getting job offers for senior positions? I forget which fake computer science student you are
I don't know who the fake computer science dude is here LOL. But this is just one of the three job offers at my disposal (cuz for my time sake, I only applied and interviewed at the three and rejected any recruiter solicitations for any non-100% remote roles, even from very well-known household names), with another two companies still finalizing their offers AND actually offer higher title & compensation.

btw, I put 170k base as a hard requirement, any solicitation below that figure AND non-100% remote doesn't deserve my time.

1682104417277.png

1682104474469.png

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
There’s always a bigger fish. Still, I hope some people read this and are inspired to follow in your footsteps.

And good luck to you as well!

Go for it, so many people work at jobs where they do 2-3 hours of work a day. When or if you crash and burn you will have enough saved that it won't matter.

Go for it, so many people work at jobs where they do 2-3 hours of work a day. When or if you crash and burn you will have enough saved that it won't matter.
Offer already signed haha.

I have different roles at different industry & company, and I pick up skills & experience several times faster than others this way. As long as deliverables are pushed on time, I actually get more skills and projects to put on my resume, which makes me more employable over time.

Last edited:
So all that and my PIC basically makes as much as you?
For each job, I only work ~10 hr/week on average including meetings cuz I am good and efficient, and I never have to leave my house lol.

So does your PIC get paid $300-500/hr, with bonus, benefits, pto, wfh etc but without clock-in & out? I get paid even if I attend or sleep through external virtual training workshops and pick more skills.

For each job, I only work ~10 hr/week on average including meetings cuz I am good and efficient, and I never have to leave my house lol.

So does your PIC get paid $300-500/hr, with bonus, benefits, pto, wfh etc?
He's probably at about $210k.

If they pay you that much for 10 hours a week, they are *****s. Good for you.

He's probably at about $210k.

If they pay you that much for 10 hours a week, they are *****s. Good for you.
I got a 5% raise last month for one of the jobs, and my boss was very satisfied with my performance. I think I can expect a promotion even later this year.

This thread is nothing. You all should come over to letsrun with me and Mentos. You need 1) 250/year minimum, 2) a supermodel wife (a nine is acceptable if you've been married a while), and 3) a 5k time under 15 minutes. 18 minutes is reasonable if you have one and two locked down...

I don't know who the fake computer science dude is here LOL. But this is just one of the three job offers at my disposal (cuz for my time sake, I only applied and interviewed at the three and rejected any recruiter solicitations for any non-100% remote roles, even from very well-known household names), with another two companies still finalizing their offers AND actually offer higher title & compensation.

btw, I put 170k base as a hard requirement, any solicitation below that figure AND non-100% remote doesn't deserve my time.

View attachment 369742
View attachment 369743

The RSU vesting is that subject to any type of performance measure or is it just straight longevity?

Guess it depends on the company (and I don’t know what it is, and I’m not asking) but I’d personally be hesitant to take a ~$100k paycut in base to possibly hit a TC of $700k-$1M/yr based on a capped bonus and a bunch of RSU’s.

Based on what you posted (type, vesting schedule and TC), this company is trading at $600-$960 a share and is public already.

The RSU vesting is that subject to any type of performance measure or is it just straight longevity?

Guess it depends on the company (and I don’t know what it is, and I’m not asking) but I’d personally be hesitant to take a ~$100k paycut in base to possibly hit a TC of $700k-$1M/yr based on a capped bonus and a bunch of RSU’s.

Based on what you posted (type, vesting schedule and TC), this company is trading at $600-$960 a share and is public already.
I have two jobs of 500k base + bonus, and I have RSU for both, which are nasdaq listed. Still quite chill and only requires me to put in two full days of work each week to push deliverables and make my bosses happy (even got a 5% pay raise in April and expecting a promotion soon).

Accepting any one of the three job offers here will push TC to solid 700k cash per annum, not yet counting any RSUs.

RSUs can be a hit-and-miss, so I don't speculate. One of my RSUs has 80% yoy gain, but the other not so much. I rather take cash and invest myself.

Last edited:
I have two jobs of 500k base + bonus, and I have RSU for both, which are nasdaq listed. Still quite chill and only requires me to put in two full days of work each week to push deliverables and make my bosses happy (even got a 5% pay raise in April and expecting a promotion soon).

Accepting any one of the three job offers here will push TC to solid 700k cash per annum, not yet counting any RSUs.

RSUs can be a hit-and-miss, so I don't speculate. One of my RSUs has 80% yoy gain, but the other not so much. I rather take cash and invest myself.

Okay makes sense, had thought you were hitting $700k TC on this single contract and I was thinking what the fresh hell is trading for $600 today to hit that.

I get why people are annoyed on this forum because it’s like you waddle in here wagging your ass and throw money around hogging all the strippers at the Crazy Horse, but these numbers aren’t off the mark, either.

Okay makes sense, had thought you were hitting $700k TC on this single contract and I was thinking what the fresh hell is trading for $600 today to hit that.

I get why people are annoyed on this forum because it’s like you waddle in here wagging your ass and throw money around hogging all the strippers at the Crazy Horse, but these numbers aren’t off the mark, either.
Hitting 700k with RSU on a single job is doable but very risky in this macroeconomic climate. I know some senior guys in faang and maybe tesla & nvidia were able to make that number in 2020-2022, but I highly doubt that now.

Some people here may think I was throwing fake numbers around, but the numbers are authentic.

View attachment 369742
View attachment 369743

Is there any way we can give him or her a trophy? Best story of the day? Most inspirational? There must be something. Any ideas?

• Haha
Is there any way we can give him or her a trophy? Best story of the day? Most inspirational? There must be something. Any ideas?
not inspirational at all lol, instead it could be a slap in the face to someone here, and my stance on pharmacy is well documented.

Last edited:
not inspirational at all lol, instead it could be a slap in the face to someone here, and my stance on pharmacy is well documented.
Perhaps you misunderstood my response. It is inspirational—an American success story. We are all proud of your success and can gain from your great financial path. Maybe anyway

View attachment 369742
View attachment 369743
maybe you should spend less time on a forum bragging and more time working - you could pump those numbers up rookie.

maybe you should spend less time on a forum bragging and more time working - you could pump those numbers up rookie.
I guess the benefit of having a 10 hour workweek is having plenty of time for SDN. How lucky for us!

Given the massive layoffs going on it tech I hope our friend can continue on the gravy train.

I guess the benefit of having a 10 hour workweek is having plenty of time for SDN. How lucky for us!

Given the massive layoffs going on it tech I hope our friend can continue on the gravy train.
I prefer the crazy train

I was thinking of taking them all at one time, and pushing above 1M per annum, but IRS will take like 400k or something...

My employment in different industries & companies will hedge risks well and shelter me from the upcoming recession. Actually the evil me kinda wish the economic downturn can be somewhat reminiscent of the great recession. I may lose a few jobs, but I will retain some and still make a ton of savings. It will create some once in a lifetime investment opportunities, which I think is far more important than working myself to death. If no recession or we manage to achieve a soft landing, I may not lose any jobs at all and more money to my portfolio and IRS lol. I am fine either way.

Last edited:
Perhaps you misunderstood my response. It is inspirational—an American success story. We are all proud of your success and can gain from your great financial path. Maybe anyway
Well, my "success" depends on remote employment and whether people can be efficient on each job. It's no secret here. Remote pharmacy roles can be done in this way too I guess, like verifying multiple scripts on multiple screens simultaneously?

Well, my "success" depends on remote employment and whether people can be efficient on each job. It's no secret here. Remote pharmacy roles can be done in this way too I guess, like verifying multiple scripts on multiple screens simultaneously?
I still can't figure out if you are a complete troll, or just so clueless you don't get sarcasm directed at you, or you get it and chose to make us think you don't.

I still can't figure out if you are a complete troll, or just so clueless you don't get sarcasm directed at you, or you get it and chose to make us think you don't.
Trolling is good for this forum I believe, otherwise it's dead lol

• Haha
He or she can still get a trophy, though, right? Even an old bowling trophy but something.

There’s always a bigger fish. Still, I hope some people read this and are inspired to follow in your footsteps.

And good luck to you as well!

Addison Rae makes a million+ a year from stupid tik tok videos.

Addison Rae makes a million+ a year from stupid tik tok videos.
Geneive's playhouse is worth 70-100 million for making stupid paw patrol youtube videos.

• Wow
Geneive's playhouse is worth 70-100 million for making stupid paw patrol youtube videos.

That's incredible. My kid watches those videos but we hardly see any ads, maybe one per day. I wonder how they make so much.

My guess is that this is someone who doesn't have many people in their real life to care about their perceived success. Instead they come here to brag and lord it over us "lowly pharmacists".

I know there are people who make more than I do (in pharmacy). I know there are classmates who joined industry who make a lot more than I do. I know I have classmates who left pharmacy to make a lot more money doing other things. I don't know that any of them are happier for it. I also know people who left pharmacy to make less than they did, and are happier.

I know I shouldn't engage this kind of thing, but it isn't easy.

Reactions: 4 users
My guess is that this is someone who doesn't have many people in their real life to care about their perceived success. Instead they come here to brag and lord it over us "lowly pharmacists".

I know there are people who make more than I do (in pharmacy). I know there are classmates who joined industry who make a lot more than I do. I know I have classmates who left pharmacy to make a lot more money doing other things. I don't know that any of them are happier for it. I also know people who left pharmacy to make less than they did, and are happier.

I know I shouldn't engage this kind of thing, but it isn't easy.

Yeah, OP was weird. Wealthy people don't brag about their wealth. I just found out my friend of 20+ years has a property worth over 20 million. He never mentioned it to me until recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.