Seriously Looking at 700k-1M TC this year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, who's the fake cs grad here? I haven't seen you prove yourself.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used to post a ton of value stuff here, including how I got out of pharmacy and how I worked my way up to where I am today. Now? I give up.

It doesn't matter what I say or how I can back it up with proof. The pharmacy ostriches will continue to circle jerk and claim this and that ain't possible. Great, I have absolutely no problem with that, and I am more than happy to keep my trade secrets to myself. Pharmacy schools have to pay me to guest lecture to the pharmacy kids, who will at least give me some respect. Just like you said, you don't feel there's not much value in this thread. I agree with you 100%. Reddit offers way better content, and people there actually do help each other out. I owe a lot of my success to those Redditors. Here? It's a dying forum, and I will continue to watch it sunset.

Lol half the r/pharmacy subreddit is complaining about Ozempic/Wegovy customers and another 1/4 are people too scared to write “CVS” so they put “three letter pharmacy” like a bunch of pu….puppys. Yeah, that’s what I was gonna type.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Lol half the r/pharmacy subreddit is complaining about Ozempic/Wegovy customers and another 1/4 are people too scared to write “CVS” so they put “three letter pharmacy” like a bunch of pu….puppys. Yeah, that’s what I was gonna type.
Don’t forget about the last quarter “happy healthy” fright fest.

Busy with the sprints. Have you taken up any senior positions with 0 experience yet?
Yup, sr manager/sr scientist/sr data scientist/associate director are all my current job titles lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Not r/pharmacy lol...who the hell wants to watch a bunch of pharmacists gossip about dispensing work? That thought alone causes emotional damage

r/pharmaindustry has some decent content.

Yup, sr manager/sr scientist/sr data scientist/associate director are all my current job titles lol.
Still dont know what you are trying to prove other than trying to convince people to believe you.

Not r/pharmacy lol...who the hell wants to watch a bunch of pharmacists gossip about dispensing work? That thought alone causes emotional damage

r/pharmaindustry has some decent content.

I like scrolling r/residency for random stories, like the attending who walked in on a resident taking bra selfies in the unlocked bathroom.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I like scrolling r/residency for random stories, like the attending who walked in on a resident taking bra selfies in the unlocked bathroom.

There was one time where I was gonna go into a single occupancy restroom and med student was taking a dump and didn't lock the door.

Before you get excited, it was a dude.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Yup, sr manager (of what?) /sr scientist (what lol) /sr scientist ($80k a year job) /associate director (of what? Directors of product/UX/Sales are making like 200-250k a year tops)
None of these jobs combined are making what OP claims. Also, if he were the AI wiz he's claiming to be he'd know that he'd need a PhD to apply to the top positions at companies that START at 1,000,000 a year for a single job.

I'm more convinced than ever that this dude is typing these posts from a Walgreens with tears in his eyes yelling "OSTRICHES! SAVAGES! IDIOTS!" after the gate closes for the day.

This has the most "My dad works at Nintendo" energy of any post I've ever read online

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
None of these jobs combined are making what OP claims. Also, if he were the AI wiz he's claiming to be he'd know that he'd need a PhD to apply to the top positions at companies that START at 1,000,000 a year for a single job.

I'm more convinced than ever that this dude is typing these posts from a Walgreens with tears in his eyes yelling "OSTRICHES! SAVAGES! IDIOTS!" after the gate closes for the day.

This has the most "My dad works at Nintendo" energy of any post I've ever read online
In his defense he is saying total comp so that includes stock options, 401k match etc. So there’s more that goes into it than just the salary. But I do agree with you otherwise.

Yup, sr manager (of what?) /sr scientist (what lol) /sr scientist ($80k a year job) /associate director (of what? Directors of product/UX/Sales are making like 200-250k a year tops)
If you ain't blind, go back to pg1 and take a look at my 175k base sr scientist (what lol) job offer lol.

None of my jobs (I have 4 lol) pays less than 200k base + bonus. All of them have equity too, including one that nearly doubled in value since I joined.

Seeing your comment makes me wonder how dumb pharmacists can be. Did counting by fives cause permanent brain damage to you or what?

Last edited:
In his defense he is saying total comp so that includes stock options, 401k match etc. So there’s more that goes into it than just the salary. But I do agree with you otherwise.
Without even considering RSUs, my cash payout surpasses 800k this year easy, just from base and bonus.

401k contribution across all companies is optimized so that's another $22500 free money, just to let you know, but I don't count money not immediately at my disposal as part of TC.

Believe or not, up to you, but dummies saying crap like 80k for a sr scientist job AFTER I posted that job offer back in April is beyond me.

Last edited:
Maybe you are the one who is crying from a Walgreens lol, making up s**t like this seems to me you have first hand experience.

Lol since you have no clue what tech salary looks like, my next promotion at one of the companies will have $500k package.

Last edited:
If I made as much money as you do, I wouldn’t be coming to a pharmacy forum talking about it. Why let others in on my game, especially “lowly pharmacists”? Just quietly enjoy the money, make more and swim in piles of gold.

If I made as much money as you do, I wouldn’t be coming to a pharmacy forum talking about it. Why let others in on my game, especially “lowly pharmacists”? Just quietly enjoy the money, make more and swim in piles of gold.
Cuz I know they can't join my game lol, despite all their incessant talk of maybe one-day walking away from pharmacy into "something better".

Crappy pay, toxic culture, rude customers, yada yada. People in other fields normally switch career and never look back.

Here, people talk smack but don't do s**t. When someone does express a somewhat serious willing for a career change, ie, tech, I've seen enough "grass is always greener elsewhere" talk, so here I am, to let them see how green grass really is elsewhere.

The funny thing is, they knew how fat tech paychecks can be but kept making up s**t of how much I am making, even with a real job offer already posted. That's a whole new level hypocrisy indeed. It doesn't matter if they like it or not, I will rub the truth into them lol.

FYI, I am NOT the only one who is doing this. Gen Zers are already pulling this off like pro:

Last edited:
Cuz I know they can't join my game lol, despite all their incessant masturbative talk of maybe one-day walking away from pharmacy into "something better".

Crap pay, toxic culture, rude customers, yada yada. People in other fields normally switch career and never look back.

Here, people talk smack but don't do s**t. When someone does express a somewhat serious willing for a career change, ie, tech, I've seen enough "grass is always greener elsewhere" talk, so here I am, to let them see how green grass really is elsewhere.

The funny thing is, they knew how fat tech paychecks can be but kept making up s**t of how much I am making, even with a real job offer already posted. That's a whole new level hypocrisy indeed. It doesn't matter if they like it or not, I will rub the truth into them lol.

FYI, I am NOT the only one who is doing this. Gen Zers are already pulling this off like pro:

So where does it end? You should go on the MD forums and post it too. I know hospitalists are falling to mid level encroachment, dropping pay and increased work load. They’re all miserable. Why not go cry at the top of their mountain?

Here’s my theory: I’ll assume everything you’ve said is true about the money. I will not throw shade at any of your claims. But I will say this, pharmacists are the pushovers of the healthcare field. You basically picked the weakest link on this forum, you’re basically saying we’re the easiest to bully. You’re right, go claim your mythical internet prize. You won the bullying contest. Congratulations. I’d love to see you go against the biggest fish on this board that’s not you.

I will say this, there’s different ways to make money than what you did. And know there’s always a bigger fish. While you might be the shark in this subforum, you’re probably the krill in another subforum. Hell, you might be the krill in someone’s world here. Not everyone will show you all their cards here, myself included. I’m sure there’s a bigger fish somewhere in the pharma world, hell they might have already made their way into this thread.

So where does it end? You should go on the MD forums and post it too. I know hospitalists are falling to mid level encroachment, dropping pay and increased work load. They’re all miserable. Why not go cry at the top of their mountain?
I am not a MD. I am a PharmD, and I can't relate to their experiences. and almost all of them enjoy considerable autonomy, respect, job security, and $$$ wherever they go.
That being said, plenty of MDs are already doing all sorts of side hustles and investments in addition to their J1. If you are not aware, feel free to check out r/whitecoatinvestor.

I am not a MD. I am a PharmD, and I can't relate to their experiences. and almost all of them enjoy considerable autonomy, respect, job security, and $$$ wherever they go.
That being said, plenty of MDs are already doing all sorts of side hustles and investments in addition to their J1. If you are not aware, feel free to check out r/whitecoatinvestor.
No you’re not a pharmD. You basically paid money for a degree you never used…. No need to check out any Reddit boards, I personally know many, many MDs. I don’t have a desire to spend my days on endless internet boards talking smack with people I don’t know and will never know. Most of the MDs I know have hustled their way out of active practice. MD was a means to an end for them.

Your claims used to be true. Being an MD ain’t what it was even 15 years ago, I’ll tell you that much. I’d encourage you to explore the boards beyond the investors. Your claims about MDs being rockstars basically sound like the bright eyed bushy tailed pharmacy students thinking pharmacists are rockstars. MD ain’t as cushy with most major hospital systems basically becoming corporations, just like wags and cvs.

I’ve said this earlier in this thread and I’ll say it again: collecting a paycheck signed by someone else ain’t freedom, no matter the “TC”.

Here’s my theory: I’ll assume everything you’ve said is true about the money. I will not throw shade at any of your claims. But I will say this, pharmacists are the pushovers of the healthcare field. You basically picked the weakest link on this forum, you’re basically saying we’re the easiest to bully. You’re right, go claim your mythical internet prize. You won the bullying contest. Congratulations. I’d love to see you go against the biggest fish on this board that’s not you.

I will say this, there’s different ways to make money than what you did. And know there’s always a bigger fish. While you might be the shark in this subforum, you’re probably the krill in another subforum. Hell, you might be the krill in someone’s world here. Not everyone will show you all their cards here, myself included. I’m sure there’s a bigger fish somewhere in the pharma world, hell they might have already made their way into this thread.
Of course, there are bigger fishes out there. I am not denying that, and I only started recently. In fact, someone in my discord group netted ~$5 million last year, and that exceeds many public company c-suite payouts. I am just showing a possibility, and I already got so much unnecessary flak.

If there are bigger fishes making into this thread, feel free to do so. Share your financial success stories so everyone can learn.

• Haha
No you’re not a pharmD.
Do you realize what kind of a dumb statement that is? I have a piece of paper with PharmD written on it to show, so I am a PharmD by training lol. Just like my boss, who is a MD but stops practicing, but doesn't disqualify him as a MD. I think you need to make your arguments a bit more coherent before trying to push me back, otherwise you are just making a fool of yourself here lol.

Do you realize what kind of a dumb statement that is? I have a piece of paper with PharmD written on it to show, so I am a PharmD by training lol. Just like my boss, who is a MD but stops practicing, but doesn't disqualify him as a MD. I think you need to make your arguments a bit more coherent before trying to push me back, otherwise you are just making a fool of yourself here lol.
You’re right, I should have said you’re not a practicing pharmD in the traditional sense. The fact that I wrote all the rest of my statement and this is the only hole you chose to go after tells me my argument was very coherent.

I’ve said this earlier in this thread and I’ll say it again: collecting a paycheck signed by someone else ain’t freedom, no matter the “TC”.
Lol, I assume you mean Sundar Picai and Tim Cook ain't enjoying financial freedom according to you:rofl:

Lol, I assume you mean Sundar Picai and Tim Cook ain't enjoying financial freedom according to you:rofl:
You’re smart enough to understand the point I’m making there. The working man is always a sucker. It’s interesting to see I got to you enough that you’re going after me.

Your claims used to be true. Being an MD ain’t what it was even 15 years ago, I’ll tell you that much. I’d encourage you to explore the boards beyond the investors. Your claims about MDs being rockstars basically sound like the bright eyed bushy tailed pharmacy students thinking pharmacists are rockstars. MD ain’t as cushy with most major hospital systems basically becoming corporations, just like wags and cvs.
I happen to know many hospitalists who operate their own practices on their side + flipping houses and savvy real estate and stock investors. Everything isn't what they were 15 years ago, but that doesn't mean they are doing worse than pharmacists. In fact, they are doing wayyyy better than a lot of pharmacists here, even if they are left with just their J1. Your logic is fundamentally flawed and hilarious to read.

I happen to know many hospitalists who operate their own practices on their side + flipping houses and savvy real estate and stock investors. Everything isn't what they were 15 years ago, but that doesn't mean they are doing worse than pharmacists. In fact, they are doing wayyyy better than a lot of pharmacists here, even if they are left with just their J1. Your logic is fundamentally flawed and hilarious to read.

You failed to understand the premise of that argument. I compared MDs 15 years ago to MDs today. Not MDs to pharmacists. But keep going.

Edit: pharmacists are worst off than MDs. You’re right. Because of course they are. How could they not be? Even straight W2 to W2.

You failed to understand the premise of that argument. I compared MDs 15 years ago to MDs today. Not MDs to pharmacists. But keep going.
Lol, circling back to your original point then. Why don't I post this to MD forum? cuz I am not a MD, and many MDs are doing far better financially with all sorts of side hustles and 2nd/3rd/4th job opportunities already. Why comparing MDs now vs MD 15 years ago? Is this relevant to anything you were talking about? too many holes to your logic, not just one.

You’re smart enough to understand the point I’m making there. The working man is always a sucker. It’s interesting to see I got to you enough that you’re going after me.
Lol, I think the young owner of the independent pharmacy around the corner who is trying to sell is surely enjoying his financial freedom. Maybe next time you walk into an indie, you should tell the owner he/she is doing better than Tim Cook and Sundar Picai combined, and let me know what the reaction is :lol:

• Haha
Lol, circling back to your original point then. Why don't I post this to MD forum? cuz I am not a MD, and many MDs are doing far better financially with all sorts of side hustles and 2nd/3rd/4th job opportunities already. Why comparing MDs now vs MD 15 years ago? Is this relevant to anything you were talking about? too many holes to your logic, not just one.
You’re not a practicing pharmacist so why are you posting in a pharmacist forum?

Too many holes in your logic. Not just one.

Lol, I think the young owner of the independent pharmacy around the corner who is trying to sell is surely enjoying his financial freedom. Maybe next time you walk into an indie, you should tell the owner he/she is doing better than Tim Cook and Sundar Picai combined, and let me know what the reaction is :lol:
You’re just flailing at the wall aren’t you? I’m sure you’d laugh at them too because their TC isn’t as great as yours. Edit: I know you’re smart enough to understand the point I’m making but you’re playing dumb. This post proves you understood my point. You’re playing dumb the point where I’m wondering if it’s on purpose. Do you want me to get mad? Fine: big madddddddddd

Aren’t you too busy chasing after TC? Why are you here? You’re better than all of us and you’re not one of us?

But no, I’ll sit back and let you post job offers, tell us it’s to help us and literally not offer any constructive building blocks, while also saying that it’s your duty but then saying you tried and it’s pointless but you keep coming back here. Gaslighting 101 my dude.

You’re not a practicing pharmacist so why are you posting in a pharmacist forum?

Too many holes in your logic. Not just one.
Last time I checked, this is NOT a pharmacist forum, it's a pharmacy communities (PharmD) forum lol
1692816624977.png

• Haha
But no, I’ll sit back and let you post job offers, tell us it’s to help us and literally not offer any constructive building blocks, while also saying that it’s your duty but then saying you tried and it’s pointless but you keep coming back here. Gaslighting 101 my dude.
If that dummy didn't reply that nonsense, I wouldn't even notice and bother to come here lol.

Let the dummies shut up or the mod close this thread. I've said this and I will say it again.

• Haha
Aren’t you too busy chasing after TC? Why are you here? You’re better than all of us and you’re not one of us?
who is "us"? pharmacist? no, pharmd, yes.

I've still got plenty of free time. Today is a lighter day, and I was doing market research and saw the notification. Let the dummies shut up or let the mod delete this thread or ban me.

• Haha
You’re just flailing at the wall aren’t you? I’m sure you’d laugh at them too because their TC isn’t as great as yours. Edit: I know you’re smart enough to understand the point I’m making but you’re playing dumb. This post proves you understood my point. You’re playing dumb the point where I’m wondering if it’s on purpose. Do you want me to get mad? Fine: big madddddddddd
too bad. I used to visit brick-and-mortar pharmacies, but now I've switched to amazon. saw a poster sign the other day selling the store, and I wonder if the owner would appreciate your kind words.

• Haha
too bad. I used to visit brick-and-mortar pharmacies, but now I've switched to amazon. saw a poster sign the other day selling the store, and I wonder if the owner would appreciate your kind words.
God I’m so triggered, that letsquitpharm guy is such an internet legend, I wish I had his TC and **** size. What a stud. Jokes on you I haven’t set foot in a brick and mortar pharmacy in a long time either. I’m sure the Amazon pharmacist would appreciate your kind words.

Last edited:
who is "us"? pharmacist? no, pharmd, yes.

I've still got plenty of free time. Today is a lighter day, and I was doing market research and saw the notification. Let the dummies shut up or let the mod delete this thread or ban me.
Same. This is fun. Let’s keep going until the “mods shut us down”

I couldn't think of anything that I could say that would force the mods to lock this thread but not get me in trouble.

So, I decided to share how successful I was feeling at the moment.

I make enough money to pay for our lifestyle without really worrying about money (or being in any debt beyond our mortgage). I've got loads of free time since my job only rarely comes home with me. We have a trip planned nearly every month for the next 6-8 months (and just aren't organized to plan farther in advance than that). I get enough PTO to do that and still have enough to take off for holidays and school events with my kids. I have enough time to work in the garden, do some fishing, play baseball with my son, try to learn some woodworking skills, hang out with my daughter, and volunteer at our church. My schedule means that I get plenty of time to take care of the honey-do list or just hang out with my wife and do nothing. I've even got a couple of side business going that make enough money to at least make them free hobbies. I enjoy going to work and like the people I work with and for. I like getting to teach both students and residents in both pharmacy and medicine. Our retirement accounts look pretty good at the moment, but I don't think I really care. I didn't get into this job just to get to retire early.

I got a pretty significant raise last year (much more than than inflation) and it hasn't made me any happier than I was before. My job sends us our total compensation, but I have no idea what it comes out to be. I am not even sure I bothered to open it this last year.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest that others who got the same degree make more than I do.

Lol since you have no clue what tech salary looks like, my next promotion at one of the companies will have $500k package.
Again, if you're an AI wiz, why aren't you working a single AI job paying 7 figures?
I live in Austin, lol. I know what tech people make, and those titles are easily searchable.

Saying that you're getting these crazy raises while everyone is on hiring and promotion freezes is pretty good, too. Somehow none of your teams were impacted by the mass layoffs. LOL.

Curiously, this isn't the case for any of the people here in Austin that I know working for tech. Nobody has even two jobs. Even people with >10 years of experience .You just must be the Over 9000 Goku super Saiyan of tech.

You got a single degree yet you're working as an ML engineer, a Sr. Scientist, a Sr. Data scientist, and as an associate director (you somehow bypassed 4-5 career steps in a year to get here)

Just in case anyone forgot, this dude was still claiming to be in school for his MSCS 13 months ago

You've got 4 different jobs a year after being in an MSCS evening program. Wow!

In terms of career ladder, Directors are kind of like regional managers in retail, or Directors of departments in yhe hospital setting.

Imagine if someone who graduated was in a tech forum claiming to be a regional manager one year after (giving the benefit of the doubt here) graduation

Last edited:
I couldn't think of anything that I could say that would force the mods to lock this thread but not get me in trouble.

So, I decided to share how successful I was feeling at the moment.

I make enough money to pay for our lifestyle without really worrying about money (or being in any debt beyond our mortgage). I've got loads of free time since my job only rarely comes home with me. We have a trip planned nearly every month for the next 6-8 months (and just aren't organized to plan farther in advance than that). I get enough PTO to do that and still have enough to take off for holidays and school events with my kids. I have enough time to work in the garden, do some fishing, play baseball with my son, try to learn some woodworking skills, hang out with my daughter, and volunteer at our church. My schedule means that I get plenty of time to take care of the honey-do list or just hang out with my wife and do nothing. I've even got a couple of side business going that make enough money to at least make them free hobbies. I enjoy going to work and like the people I work with and for. I like getting to teach both students and residents in both pharmacy and medicine. Our retirement accounts look pretty good at the moment, but I don't think I really care. I didn't get into this job just to get to retire early.

I got a pretty significant raise last year (much more than than inflation) and it hasn't made me any happier than I was before. My job sends us our total compensation, but I have no idea what it comes out to be. I am not even sure I bothered to open it this last year.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest that others who got the same degree make more than I do.
This is how a well adjusted person, who doesn’t make flexing total compensation their entire personality, sounds like.

This is how a well adjusted person, who doesn’t make flexing total compensation their entire personality, sounds like.
Yeah. I don't at all expect them to see my comment and be like "ahhh ya got me".
Like, my wife works in tech (as one of the ****in job titles they're claiming to have lmao.) Like 70% of my friends here work in tech. It is ****in ROUGH right now for everyone while the companies try to figure out how much they can get away with after Elon's Twitter fiasco.

There is absolutely gonna be another mass layoff with the big companies before the year is over. They fired a bunch of people, watched the outcomes, hired more, and then they're gonna fire people again.

There's obviously an ICD10 code at play here with LetsQuitPharm

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Again, if you're an AI wiz, why aren't you working a single AI job paying 7 figures?
I live in Austin, lol. I know what tech people make, and those titles are easily searchable.

Saying that you're getting these crazy raises while everyone is on hiring and promotion freezes is pretty good, too. Somehow none of your teams were impacted by the mass layoffs. LOL.

Curiously, this isn't the case for any of the people here in Austin that I know working for tech. Nobody has even two jobs. Even people with >10 years of experience .You just must be the Over 9000 Goku super Saiyan of tech.

You got a single degree yet you're working as an ML engineer, a Sr. Scientist, a Sr. Data scientist, and as an associate director (you somehow bypassed 4-5 career steps in a year to get here)

Just in case anyone forgot, this dude was still claiming to be in school for his MSCS 13 months ago

You've got 4 different jobs a year after being in an MSCS evening program. Wow!

In terms of career ladder, Directors are kind of like regional managers in retail, or Directors of departments in yhe hospital setting.

Imagine if someone who graduated was in a tech forum claiming to be a regional manager one year after (giving the benefit of the doubt here) graduation
If you read my posted job offer letter carefully enough, you should know that it is a senior level position. I have now 4 yoe in the tech industry, and <1 yr post-MSCS. What's your problem with that? Again, if you read my posts carefully enough, I've made this very clear: I work in multiple different functions across several industries. In some functions, I am a senior manager, while in another, I am an associate director. I think you have no clue how industry jobs work since you spent all your life counting by fives.

Status
Not open for further replies.