Seriously Looking at 700k-1M TC this year

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of career ladder, Directors are kind of like regional managers in retail, or Directors of departments in yhe hospital setting.

Imagine if someone who graduated was in a tech forum claiming to be a regional manager one year after (giving the benefit of the doubt here) graduation
Lol, a VP from an adjacent department in my J3 just graduated with his MS a few months ago, and he's making 400k-500k base at least. The world doesn't function like a hospital and maybe you should stop pigeonholing everything you see into a pharmacy-like hierarchy :lol:

Members don't see this ad.

If you read my posted job offer letter carefully enough, you should know that it is a senior level position. I have now 4 yoe in the tech industry, and <1 yr post-MSCS. What's your problem with that? Again, if you read my posts carefully enough, I've made this very clear: I work in multiple different functions across several industries. In some functions, I am a senior manager, while in another, I am an associate director. I think you have no clue how industry jobs work since you spent all your life counting by fives.
Do you do the Nicolas Cage in Gone in Sixty Seconds thing before you start work every morning?

Lol, a VP from an adjacent department in my J3 just graduated with his MS a few months ago, and he's making 400k-500k base at least. The world doesn't function like a hospital and maybe you should stop pigeonholing everything you see into a pharmacy-like hierarchy :lol:

They only have one job? Why?

Yeah. I don't at all expect them to see my comment and be like "ahhh ya got me".
Like, my wife works in tech (as one of the ****in job titles they're claiming to have lmao.) Like 70% of my friends here work in tech. It is ****in ROUGH right now for everyone while the companies try to figure out how much they can get away with after Elon's Twitter fiasco.

There is absolutely gonna be another mass layoff with the big companies before the year is over. They fired a bunch of people, watched the outcomes, hired more, and then they're gonna fire people again.

There's obviously an ICD10 code at play here with LetsQuitPharm
My J1 & J2 & J4 are all on a hiring spree, for record profits. J3 just had a 20% layoff. I survived. As a result of that, both my boss and I are covering two out of the four core programs. Sr mgmt is considering grooming me for a director role sometime down the road, and if I leave, half of the company's core business will become a s**tshow .

Recruiters are always there to get a new remote job if I want one. I stopped worrying about job security after all this skill & exp diversification effort.

Members don't see this ad :)
My J1 & J2 & J4 are all on a hiring spree, for record profits. J3 just had a 20% layoff. I survived. As a result of that, both my boss and I are covering two out of the four core programs. Sr mgmt is considering grooming me for a director role sometime down the road, and if I leave, half of the company's core business will become a s**tshow .

Recruiters are always there to get a new remote job if I want one. I stopped worrying about job security after all this skill & exp diversification effort.
You're solely responsible for 50% of a company's core business?!? Wow!

Reactions: 1 user
Again, if you're an AI wiz, why aren't you working a single AI job paying 7 figures?
I live in Austin, lol. I know what tech people make, and those titles are easily searchable.

Saying that you're getting these crazy raises while everyone is on hiring and promotion freezes is pretty good, too. Somehow none of your teams were impacted by the mass layoffs. LOL.

Curiously, this isn't the case for any of the people here in Austin that I know working for tech. Nobody has even two jobs. Even people with >10 years of experience .You just must be the Over 9000 Goku super Saiyan of tech.
Come and visit either sf, nyc, seattle, or boston, and maybe you should stop pretending Austin is representing the tech industry.

Not everyone is same btw. If people of 10 yoe get laid off, do you seriously think everyone junior should have no job at all? :rolleyes:

You're solely responsible for 50% of a company's core business?!? Wow!
I am in a critical position within an essential department, and I think that's all I need to say. We had a director quitting for another job, and for nearly three months, one of the core programs is still chaotic and nobody knows where to pick up the work he left.

You are so out of touch with the rest of the world now as you stayed in your pharmacy bubble for too long lol.

Come and visit either sf, nyc, seattle, or boston, and maybe you should stop pretending Austin is representing the tech industry.

Not everyone is same btw. If people of 10 yoe get laid off, do you seriously think everyone junior should have no job at all? :rolleyes:

Are you not worried that you're exposed and could be on the hook for fraud or worse with the 4 different jobs where you're responsible for so much stuff?

Also, i totally believe you now. I 100% do not think you are literally plagiarizing things(down to the salary) from Reddit and claiming it's your life. Should we start calling you "Charles"? LMAO

Curiously, this isn't the case for any of the people here in Austin that I know working for tech. Nobody has even two jobs. Even people with >10 years of experience .You just must be the Over 9000 Goku super Saiyan of tech.

You got a single degree yet you're working as an ML engineer, a Sr. Scientist, a Sr. Data scientist, and as an associate director (you somehow bypassed 4-5 career steps in a year to get here)
honestly i wish all of my managers to believe nobody has two jobs, let alone four lol. OE is all a myth after all, and nobody can do it:rofl:

Are you not worried that you're exposed and could be on the hook for fraud or worse with the 4 different jobs where you're responsible for so much stuff?
ask elon or zuck, and all states to change the at-will employment clause then. corporates have no loyalty obligation, and so do I. they only care about their financial bottomline, so do I.

i don't work for competitors or vendor/client, so what can they sue me for? elon can OE and be on boards of gazillion companies, and i can't hold more than one job?

for someone who claims to work in tech, its wild to me how you can't put everything in 1 post and rather reply to different replies in several posts. And not only that, it seems like you spent the entire day here.
As someone who actually works in tech, my day is filled with meetings and possibly working until 7 or 8pm(not everyday nor ever week) to finish up a story before end of sprint cycle. Are all your applications working with no issues/complaints? Even our product owner is stretched very thin with all the testing, meetings, debugging/research, etc. among different products; they don't even code. If I had to guess seeing how much time you had today to reply, I would say you are working just 1 position as a junior qa analyst thats given only 1 api to test per day.
Also you keep saying you don't care but you sure are trying REALLY hard to convince everyone to believe you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
for someone who claims to work in tech, its wild to me how you can't put everything in 1 post and rather reply to different replies in several posts. And not only that, it seems like you spent the entire day here.
As someone who actually works in tech, my day is filled with meetings and possibly working until 7 or 8pm(not everyday nor ever week) to finish up a story before end of sprint cycle. Are all your applications working with no issues/complaints? Even our product owner is stretched very thin with all the testing, meetings, debugging/research, etc. among different products; they don't even code. If I had to guess seeing how much time you had today to reply, I would say you are working just 1 position as a junior qa analyst thats given only 1 api to test per day.
Also you keep saying you don't care but you sure are trying REALLY hard to convince everyone to believe you.
Can you imagine a PM trying to set up meetings for this dude LMAO.

"So... So you are unavailable from 9 - 3... But there's nothing in your calendar for those times?"

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
You gotta believe me bro

IMG_9754.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Between the kids and PGY-2 marathon, I'm a little late in my responses/PMs.

After a quick investigation, I would like to remind everyone on what is not allowed:

1) Treat others with kindness and respect - difference of belief and views is not the same as consistently baiting, trolling, and inflaming users

2) Don’t misrepresent yourself by either claiming to be someone that you’re not, or by using multiple accounts (banned and/or active).

As such (with a delay on my part), thread has been locked.

SDN - Our Community Vision, Values, and Policies

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.