Sherlock WW Official Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ivorypolarbear

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Through the open window, a rush of cool air came into the room. It blew around and across the twenty-four unconscious bodies seated around a large table, who were just beginning to awaken.

“Wss...?” slurred devyn, straightening up from a painful slouch. All around the room, people were rousing and looking around with confused faces. LIS turned his head from side to side, trying to get rid of the pain in his neck, before he asked, “What happened?”

“I remember something about a training exercise,” krist offered. Several of the others looked thoughtful or nodded in agreement. Before anyone else could add anything, however, the door at the end of the room opened and two people strode through.

Nearly everyone tried to speak at once; it was impossible to hear more than bits and pieces above the din of twenty-four adults. “What--” “How dare--” “This is--” “You fat--” “Who d’ya--” Chaos reigned for a moment, then silence fell as the man tapped his umbrella on the floor.

“Oh, this is a training exercise, Ms. krist. Or rather, it is to nearly everyone outside this room. Only the two dozen of you, and a handful of my staff, will be aware that the truth is something else entirely.” His gaze swept the room. “For those of you who are unaware, I am Mycroft Holmes. It has recently come to my attention that there are traitors in New Scotland Yard. Regrettably, I must inform you that among us--in this very room--are members of an international criminal organization. Instead of solving burglaries and murders, they use their positions in the Yard to help perpetuate them. And until each of them is found and exposed, none of you will be able to leave here.” And with that pronouncement Mycroft turned and left the room, his umbrella clicking in time with each step.

“This is ridiculous!” protested holdonhope, turning to the woman who had entered with Mycroft. “We’re police officers, he can’t just hold us here like this!”

“Of course he can,” she replied absently. “You have the run of the estate. The house is comfortably furnished and the grounds are lovely at this time of year. You won’t want for food, clothing, or other things that may be useful to you.”

“Who are youAbney interrupted to ask. “And why are you still here?”

“I’m Mr. Holmes’ assistant. You may call me Anthea, if you must,” the woman answered. She didn’t look up from her BlackBerry as she continued, “Mr. Holmes wishes me to relay a few things. You will not be able to leave the estate or contact anyone not currently in this room. You will be monitored to ensure this. When you reveal someone as a criminal, Mr. Holmes will ensure that they are... dealt with properly. I suggest that you elect one of your number, someone trustworthy, to be in charge.”

Everyone looked at each other as Mycroft’s assistant--Anthea--turned and left the room. Finally, SnS spoke up. “We should probably do what she said. Any ideas as to who’d be the best Head Officer

24 players remain:
Pink Division
1. TigerWillow
2. PetPony
3. SnS
4. zanydogz

Banker Division
1. krist
2. DVMDream
3. SOV
4. CorporateFatCat

Game Division
1. nohika
2. heylodeb
3. wldlfstdnt
4. Abney

Scandal Division
1. LIS
2. dyachei
3. devyn
4. abbercadaver

Hounds Division
1. orcagirl
2. kakurubird
3. Jamr0ckin
4. wildcatj

Reichenbach Division
1. Dandelion18
2. Philliab
3. holdonhope
4. ksmi117

Please vote for one player to elect as Head Officer. Voting ends at 8 pm CDT or when all votes have been cast. Cast your vote by bolding elect IPB or starring ****elect IPB**** to ensure it is easily seen. Although you can campaign for votes, you may not vote for yourself. :) (All players named in the write-up were chosen randomly to add interest; any similarities to any roles the players may or may not have is completely coincidental.)

Members don't see this ad.

Watch this post for links to each write-up.

Day 1: Final tally and Results (Sheeps elected Head Officer)
Night 1: Results (no one died)
Day 2: Results (wildcatj lynched)
Night 2: Results (Abney died)
Day 3: Final tally and Results (zanydogz lynched)
Night 3: Results (Dandelion died)
Day 4: Final tally and Results (CFC lynched)
Night 4: Results (PP and dyachei died)
Day 5: Final tally and Results (abber lynched)
Night 5: Results (devyn died)
Day 6: Final tally and Results (SnS lynched)
Night 6: Results (HOH and wldlfstdnt died)
Day 7: Final tally and Results (krist lynched)
Night 7: Results (orcagirl died)
Day 8: Final Tally and Results (Philliab lynched)
Night 8: Results (no one died, wldlfstdnt revived)
Day 9: Final tally and Results (nohika lynched)
Night 9: Results (no one died)
Day 10: Final tally and Results (TW lynched)
Night 10: Results (wldlfstdnt died - again)
Day 11: Final tally and Results (ksmi lynched)
Night 11: Results (kakuru died)
Day 12: Final tally and Results (DVMD lynched)
Night 12: Results (Jam died)

Not including Head Officer Sheeps, 3 players remain:
Pink Division
1. TigerWillow - Kitty Riley, the convert who was D.I. Gregson
2. PetPony - John Watson, the army doctor
3. SnS - Irene Adler, the Woman
4. zanydogz - Seb Wilkes

Banker Division
1. krist - Jim Moriarty, the consulting criminal
2. DVMDream - Louise Mortimer
3. SOV
4. CorporateFatCat - Angelo

Game Division
1. nohika - Jefferson Hope, the cabbie
2. heylodeb
3. wldlfstdnt - Sherlock Holmes, the consulting detective
4. Abney - Mike Stamford

Scandal Division
1. LIS
2. dyachei - Greg Lestrade, the Detective Inspector
3. devyn - Soo Lin Yao
4. abbercadaver - Sebastian Moran, the sniper

Hounds Division
1. orcagirl - Mrs. Hudson, the landlady
2. kakurubird - Dr. Stapleton
3. Jamr0ckin - Molly Hooper, the one who doesn't count
4. wildcatj - Andrew West

Reichenbach Division
1. Dandelion18 - D.I. Dimmock
2. Philliab - General Shan, the smuggler
3. holdonhope - Sarah Sawyer
4. ksmi117 - Jennifer Wilson

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know what special powers head whatever has???

And I have to get rid of my fox :( on the phone so I'll keep him around :banana: until later

Everyone knows that Devyn didn't pass out the same way everyone else did. She already showed up wasted and they just had to carry her in. :smuggrin:

Can we vote for ourselves?

Ups, sorry. I missed that. :oops:

I'll still volunteer though if people would like to vote for me. :cool:

Eh, I'll bite. Mostly bc I am tied to you soul wise. And bc I was mean to you in MP :p

ELECT PETPONY

That's ok. I killed you in return.. :laugh:

Vote for me!! But since I can't vote for myself elect PP

Do we know what special powers head whatever has???

And I have to get rid of my fox :( on the phone so I'll keep him around :banana: until later

Poor poor fox! :(

I wouldn't mind being electing. I've never been elected or even voted for before. :(

But I'll elect Philliab since I can't vote for myself.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll elect PP unless someone comes up with a compelling reason as to why they should be elected leader.

Official Vote Tally:

PetPony - 3 (TW, krist, orcagirl)
Philliab - 1 (ksmi)

Old men stick together. ********ELECT LIS********
mods get good insight into recent behavior of wolves and villagers......

Oh, I will gladly accept the role as well.

Everyone knows that Devyn didn't pass out the same way everyone else did. She already showed up wasted and they just had to carry her in. :smuggrin:

:eek: so not true! you take that back...... I was totally not drinking last night..... :rolleyes:

I will accept votes.... and provide whiskey to my followers! :cool:

Since we cannot vote for ourselves.... I want someone in my division as head officer -

Elect LIS

elect PP for now. Gotta run to class!

Because he's in my group and doesn't look like anyone will be voting for me :(

unlect PP, elect SOV

One more reason to vote for LIS, it is his birthday today. :hardy:
That's right, old man is one year older!:smuggrin:

One more reason to vote for SOV:
He will be lonely now that MrsSOV is at Princeton. So have some compassion for the old guys.

You know it is lonely at the top, so I should get used to it!

Official Vote Tally:

PetPony - 3 (TW, orcagirl, zany)
Philliab - 1 (ksmi)
LIS - 2 (SOV, devyn)
ksmi117 - 1 (Dandelion)
SOV - 1 (krist)

Waffles already, eh? :laugh:
And happy birthday, LIS!

###Elect LIS###

Better get your abacus ready.... I feel epic waffling will occur in this game. I don't know why, I just feel it!

ps- I am on lunch break. Should probably go back!

I eat waffles every morning in preparation for games like this. Though PP was a decent mayor in the Disney game, LIS did mod a great game. I think I'll just leave my vote for now.

ksmi is in my group and wants to be head officer so elect ksmi

Well I guess for now I will elect LIS, no real reason to it and I might waffle.

I want someone in my group too :)

Elect PP

So we're playing the sadness game? My bf is leaving for Mexico in a few hours and I don't know when I'm gonna be able to see him again. :(

Vote for me. :p

Going to have a late lunch (still can't get used to the times here, at least not for meals). I'll get back on later.

Official Vote Tally:

PetPony - 4 (TW, orcagirl, zany, SnS)
Philliab - 1 (ksmi)
LIS - 6 (SOV, devyn, heylodeb, dyachei, wldlfstdnt, nohika)
ksmi117 - 2 (Dandelion, HOH)
SOV - 1 (krist)

Late to the party today! There are some eager WW players in this group. :)

Since she's in my group, kindly voted for me, and wants to be HO:

elect ksmi

Late to the party today! There are some eager WW players in this group. :)

Since she's in my group, kindly voted for me, and wants to be HO:

elect ksmi

She wants to be a HO! :laugh::laugh:

Hellooooooo thread!

(Like "Helloooo Nurse!" from Animaniacs)

And now that I've read the thread: elect LIS

Happy birthday! :D Enjoy your present!

DVM, every time I see your avatar I can't help but giggle.

Official Vote Tally:

PetPony - 4 (TW, orcagirl, zany, SnS)
Philliab - 1 (ksmi)
LIS - 10 (SOV, devyn, heylodeb, dyachei, wldlfstdnt, nohika, CFC, abber, Abney, DVMD)
ksmi117 - 3 (Dandelion, HOH, Philliab)
SOV - 1 (krist)

Right now it looks like LIS is a shoo-in for Head Officer, but in WW anything can happen! We have five people left to vote and hours to deadline, and we've already had one waffle. Will we see more? I guess I'll find out in a couple of hours, after I get back from doing some RL stuff. :rolleyes:

****elect LIS**** then because I can't vote for myself. Haha