Should nurses and doctors have 0 taxes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scoopdaboop

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I vote yes. Why should we be forced to give up half our wages because we worked hard... Sad.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
  • Inappropriate
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
There are many more jobs that works harder than doctors and nurses. Let me start with roofers

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This has to be a troll job cuz it’s one of the most asinine takes I’ve ever seen

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
This has to be a troll job cuz it’s one of the most asinine takes I’ve ever seen

it's not asinine. We are literally invaluable to society... There should be diff taxes for diff professions.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Man you make the dumbest threads, dude

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 12 users
Didn't know people were okay with just giving up their hard earned money like this.
After working several manual labor jobs, we don’t work very hard in comparison. This shows you’ve always been in a bubble and don’t really have a grasp of how everyone else lives.

Of course it would be awesome to not pay taxes! But welcome to the world kid

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
After working several manual labor jobs, we don’t work very hard in comparison. This shows you’ve always been in a bubble and don’t really have a grasp of how everyone else lives.

Of course it would be awesome to not pay taxes! But welcome to the world kid

Actually, I have worked in other industries, like literally most people have. The jobs are "physically" harder, yes. No one's going to argue people in healthcare work harder than someone working 2 min wage jobs or something, but not completely removing taxes, even reducing it to 10-15 percent max will drive more people to nursing and med school. Hell, if the government removed taxes if you were to work in rural areas, then imagine the shortage fixes in these places.

Actually, I have worked in other industries, like literally most people have. The jobs are "physically" harder, yes. No one's going to argue people in healthcare work harder than someone working 2 min wage jobs or something, but not completely removing taxes, even reducing it to 10-15 percent max will drive more people to nursing and med school. Hell, if the government removed taxes if you were to work in rural areas, then imagine the shortage fixes in these places.
But fundamentally you need taxes to pay for civil services...the argument is flawed from the start. There’s already a bottleneck for residency slots not for med school. Can’t do much without a residency

• Love
But fundamentally you need taxes to pay for civil services...the argument is flawed from the start. There’s already a bottleneck for residency slots not for med school. Can’t do much without a residency

it's easy to fix: tax others more.

The entitlement is just oozing at this point.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I vote yes. Why should we be forced to give up half our wages because we worked hard... Sad.
Sweet Jesus in the morning!

0/10

Trolls these days! You call this trolling??!! In my day, you had to actually work to be a troll.

Now any idiot can troll.

Last edited:
In before:
1604877480476.png

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
The only precedent I could think would be for military personnel who are deployed to a combat zone (not a "deployment" to Germany or even Korea). During my year in Iraq, I didn't pay federal or state income taxes (still paid SSA and Medicare of course). I don't think the federal government views the sacrifice of healthcare workers quite the same way, but in some pandemic hot zones maybe there should be something equivalent...?

I guess if you want to stick it to the man you can get on Medicaid in med school... but no you should pay taxes when you’re done. Although I wish I could opt out of social security

Status
Not open for further replies.