Step 2 CS October Score Release Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocoholicsoxfan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe this week is the week!

My permit is still up :(

Now I can't help but feel I failed

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if the reporting date is related to the date when we took the test or is it more random?
For example - does it usually work in a way that everyone who took the test on a certain date has to wait longer or is it more like a couple of examinees from each date? (I know they say those taking the exam late are more likely to get the results late)

Does anyone know if the reporting date is related to the date when we took the test or is it more random?
For example - does it usually work in a way that everyone who took the test on a certain date has to wait longer or is it more like a couple of examinees from each date? (I know they say those taking the exam late are more likely to get the results late)
I don't think so, honestly. But I do know the vast majority of people are set to get their scores this Wednesday, whether they took it in July or August.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think so, honestly. But I do know the vast majority of people are set to get their scores this Wednesday, whether they took it in July or August.

Thanks! Was just curious as I took the test quite late (27 Aug) and saw the date mentioned earlier in the thread as well and I cannot use the permit trick because mine disappeared within days of the exam.
I will check the Step 3 eligibility/application page tomorrow and in case something changes for me there, I will post it here!
Good luck everyone in the week ahead!

Reactions: 3 users
Wait so for IMGs, the “click here to reprint the permit” link will be gone or when you click the link it says....
Adjustments.JPG
. I’m so damn confused with this...

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! Was just curious as I took the test quite late (27 Aug) and saw the date mentioned earlier in the thread as well and I cannot use the permit trick because mine disappeared within days of the exam.
I will check the Step 3 eligibility/application page tomorrow and in case something changes for me there, I will post it here!
Good luck everyone in the week ahead!

But why permit disappear earlier?

Wait so for IMGs, the “click here to reprint the permit” link will be gone or when you click the link it says....View attachment 283264. I’m so damn confused with this...

But why permit disappear earlier?

I believe that this is what it's like for everyone on OASIS. Also, judging by the previous threads, the permit thing is not a reliable indicator for us.
According to what some others have said, if this was the last exam for you, then if you are able to begin Step 3 registration in the next 2 days (most likely tomorrow, 9 eastern time), that should indicate that you are about to receive a passing report on Wednesday.

I believe that this is what it's like for everyone on OASIS. Also, judging by the previous threads, the permit thing is not a reliable indicator for us.
According to what some others have said, if this was the last exam for you, then if you are able to begin Step 3 registration in the next 2 days (most likely tomorrow, 9 eastern time), that should indicate that you are about to receive a passing report on Wednesday.

Thank you!!

So does the permit disappearing mean we passed? In theory?

probably not. It seems permit disappearing means scores coming up on Wed. You can still get scores this Wed if permit is still there. I don’t think permit disappearing vs staying is a clue to whether we passed or not

anyone know if step 3 registration trick works for AMGs or is that for IMGs only?

probably not. It seems permit disappearing means scores coming up on Wed. You can still get scores this Wed if permit is still there. I don’t think permit disappearing vs staying is a clue to whether we passed or not

anyone know if step 3 registration trick works for AMGs or is that for IMGs only?

I have seen a few AMGs claiming it had worked for them on the previous threads (including this year's CK thread - if that was their last exam) - so hopefully we all get a relief tomorrow!

How does this one work?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

If you have an account on the FSMB website (same place where you probably checked last Wednesday 1 am eastern time) - this time instead of going to Examination history, try clicking on Step 3 application. Right now you would probably get the red message saying you weren't eligible. However, tomorrow morning (or perhaps Tuesday) it may change and give you some sort of a registration website with the link to "eligibility period selection" or something like that (without the red message) -> if you get that, that should indicate that you have passed because FSMB has been notified that you have "satisfied the examination requirements for Step 3".
Not sure if it works in 100% of cases though. Just hoping most of us can be spared another 2 days of torture. :shifty:

If you have an account on the FSMB website (same place where you probably checked last Wednesday 1 am eastern time) - this time instead of going to Examination history, try clicking on Step 3 application. Right now you would probably get the red message saying you weren't eligible. However, tomorrow morning (or perhaps Tuesday) it may change and give you some sort of a registration website with the link to "eligibility period selection" or something like that (without the red message) -> if you get that, that should indicate that you have passed because FSMB has been notified that you have "satisfied the examination requirements for Step 3".
Not sure if it works in 100% of cases though. Just hoping most of us can be spared another 2 days of torture. :shifty:
Thanks....3 months of hell. Hoping for the best. Good luck

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Is there a chance this could be related to the fact that it’s a holiday over there?

Have any other IMG/FMGs tried it? (Not working for me)
This is torture...

Isn't the step 3 registration trick exclusively for IMGs? The FCVS trick should work for everyone at 12a Wed tho

Mine too, mid-July.
Great.

I took my exam on the first day of this cycle - July 14th. My permit is still up as well, which is beyond infuriating.
For what it's worth however, my permit for CK stayed up the entire time until the actual day my scores were released and apparently people say that the trick works better for CK than CS...:confused:

Has anyone been able to start the Step 3 registration today (especially anyone who has already graduated)? I just noticed someone on CK forum saying it's working now! I still can't register.

Has anyone been able to start the Step 3 registration today (especially anyone who has already graduated)? I just noticed someone on CK forum saying it's working now! I still can't register.

IMG here, already graduated, step 3 doesn't work yet

Or maybe we won’t be getting our scores tomorrow :(

It seems like AMGs have had their permits disappearing so unless they have a way to release score only to AMGs - I think there is still a good chance most of us get the score tomorrow!

Reactions: 1 users
cant believe we are going through this again. Last week was so anti-climatic. At this point, i just want the results,so i can stop thinking about it.....

Reactions: 5 users
what are yall doing to pass the next 7 hours as quick as possible?

I am supposed to sleep considering it’s about midnight in Europe. Something tells me it’s not gonna work.
Currently deciding between going to bed and staring at the ceiling for the next 7 hours and googling “IMG match after CS failure”. You? :bang: