Step 2 CS October Score Release Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chocoholicsoxfan

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I believe this week is the week!

My permit is still up :(

Now I can't help but feel I failed

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
the next question is, how do we get our ecfmg certificates, and how long will it take?

My permit isn't there, the link is but I don't see step 3 registration come up. Does that mean that I didn't pass?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This fsmb thing is for real right? It says I passed on there. That’s 100% right? I’m like too scared to get excited

Reactions: 3 users
It was on the ecfmg site? How do you know for sure you passed? Is the result there or just link to step 3 registration?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Fcvs says passed!!! The ecfmg site permit link it’s not a good indicator. Mine is still there. I also tried to register for step 3... and was allowed to register.

Reactions: 1 users
FCVS says Pass and I was allowed to register for Step 3. This is probably the biggest relief I've experienced since I actually got accepted to medical school. But at the same time it's bittersweet because I know that there are many people no more or less qualified than me who failed and now have a useless new obstacle to overcome. I will never stop talking about how much of a disgrace this exam is and I'm hopeful that when our generation of physicians is running the show we will not allow students to be subjected to this kind of greed.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
During the exam, felt like I got ran over 19 times. Still managed to pass making a billion mistakes!

Reactions: 4 users
FCVS says Pass and I was allowed to register for Step 3. This is probably the biggest relief I've experienced since I actually got accepted to medical school. But at the same time it's bittersweet because I know that there are many people no more or less qualified than me who failed and now have a useless new obstacle to overcome. I will never stop talking about how much of a disgrace this exam is and I'm hopeful that when our generation of physicians is running the show we will not allow students to be subjected to this kind of greed.
Feel the same way. Hoping the best for everyone and that this exam eventually goes away

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Praise God!!! I PASSED! Jesus sits on the throne! Was so sure I failed. Forgot to wash hands several times. Messed up diagnosis several times. Put the incorrect work up for really classic things. Had little supporting evidence for some. Did shotty exam maneuvers. Forgot vitals were on the second tab and just put wnl. Was the absolute last person out of each encounter with barely any time for my note. I just want anyone reading this in the future to know that prayer works.

Reactions: 5 users
For someone who didn't pass (not me, I'm grateful I passed) schools will not see the failing result unless he updates and re-releases his eras right? I called eras and they said he would need to release the failing score for programs to see it but then also said when he takes it again and releases the passing score, schools will see both the pass and the fail. Is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

i’m just an MS1, so i’m not sure why I followed this whole stress-inducing journey with you all other than to say CONGRATS to all who passed!

about to take my last anatomy exam- hoping I receive good results just as you all did

Reactions: 4 users
For someone who didn't pass (not me, I'm grateful I passed) schools will not see the failing result unless he updates and re-releases his eras right? I called eras and they said he would need to release the failing score for programs to see it but then also said when he takes it again and releases the passing score, schools will see both the pass and the fail. Is that true?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN
That is correct, it would be in their best interest to reach out to the deans (if possible) and determine how to approach this. This has happened to others and they have still had successful matches. They just need to own it and schedule the retake and vow to have it in before rank lists (IE take the retake before end of December). Probably wise to not announce it before interviews finish coming out.

100%. But just to reassure future test takers, grading is lenient. Will post a detailed post tomorrow, but definitely take it seriously. Do the amboss and FA cases 2 times each. Give yourself a good few weeks to prepare (if on rotations). If not on rotations, 2 weeks is probably more than enough if you study all day.
I definitely agree, I spent about 2 weeks on rotations (~2 hours a day, full day weekends preparing) and walked out of there feeling fine. The stress builds over the next few months, where after a while I was convinced I forgot to do a physical exam on everyone. Its just the idea of the arbitrary nature of this test, the cost, the difficulty scheduling, and the idea that one day with 12 fake patients can alter the course of your ability to match when you could have great evals and great rapport with your patients IRL.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys!
Please how does the FSMB thing work? I tried setting up an account and they replied that I don’t have an FID ID assigned yet. I’m I at the wrong place?
I had that issue earlier, I was using the wrong email, make sure you re register using the email associated with your USMLE account

You must have your diploma and then it takes approximately 2 weeks after that.

Does anyone know if it just does this automatically? I have my diploma and everything in already, was just waiting for this pass to see what else has to be filled out.

Thank goodness I passed!! I will be very interested to see the ICE/CIS breakdown when the official scores are released. I feel like I must have dipped into borderline for ICE, but who knows. A pass is a pass!!!! So nice to have this worry off my shoulders before interview season really gets going.

Reactions: 2 users
Also a pass! I think I got super freaked out at the end when I realize other people actually did study and not everyone just winged it lol

US-MD, passed using the FSMB trick! Here are the steps for those that don't want to look back:

fsmb.org/fcvs/ (or Google "fsmb fcvs")
Login
Make an acct; sign in
Click FCVS (the actual checkmark) under "Credentialing Services" (yellow)
Start App
Education & Certification tab (right)
Exam History

Does anyone know if it just does this automatically? I have my diploma and everything in already, was just waiting for this pass to see what else has to be filled out.
No. It’s not automatic. You need to type in registering for USMLE step 3 and follow the directions. Start the application and it tells you what forms you need to complete. There is a form which you will need to get notarized and mail to them at the time you submit your step 3 application.

I truly cannot believe I PASSED.

I know everyone says this, but after the test, I was absolutely convinced I had several diagnoses wrong, I ordered several tests that were unnecessary, I didn't show enough empathy, etc. This thread and SDN in general had been my rock over the past 3 months, and so to all of you, thank you! I'll for sure post in every thread I can about providing support, outlining my mistakes and what I wish I had done, etc. and please reach out to me if you're reading this and need support

Reactions: 5 users
It's not automatic. You go to additional documents. In the drop down menu on the right hand side next to USMLE Documents, choose resend my scores.

Super thankful for my pass right now. I have 2 x’s into the borderline for ICE and the CIS bar touches the borderline box as well, so I sure didn’t pass with flying colors. But as someone who has had trouble with OSCEs throughout med school, I’m just thrilled to put this behind me!

Failed ICE, just for those who failed and are wondering if they are the only ones...

oh well, bunch of money down the toilet.
Really not the biggest deal, but so annoying...

Gonna take the next month off and practice like crazy. Anyone in NY wants to practice, DM.

Failed ICE, just for those who failed and are wondering if they are the only ones...

Gonna take the next month off and practice like crazy. Anyone in NY wants to practice, DM.
Sorry to hear that. Honestly it could have been any of us. This whole test should be canceled.
good luck!

Where are you in NY?

I PASSED !!!
But for anyone reading this, the mistakes I made:

I forgot to mention vitals on EVERY SINGLE one of my notes. I completely freaked out on my first note, and only typed a few lines on HPI, physical and only one or two differentials, THAT IS IT (no diagnostic workup or supporting evidence). Completely forgot to do the diagnostic workup on another very easy case. Left one patient on a bad note...gave pt a bad diagnosis and left the room with pt almost in tears. Was almost always the last one to leave my room before all the other students. Only counseled on about half the cases. Did not introduce my role for every case I had, only said my name, shook hands and then started asking questions. Only listed 2 differentials for all the cases.

I was almost in tears when I left, I thought it would be a much easier experience. and yet I passed!

Failed :(
if anyone is in the new york area and wants to practice please let me know (located in brooklyn)

To anyone who hasn't gotten their score yet and are waiting for next week:

My Step 2 CS Prompt never disappeared. I got my score back several hours before the prompt finally went away. It is possible to get your score WITHOUT the prompt disappearing and it is possible to pass. I know that this was stated in a previous thread, but I wanted to make it known here as well for our friends who are still waiting.

Hi Everyone,
Congratulations to who passed. This was my second attempt for step 2cs, and I failed the ICE component with what looks like a single "*" and scored exceptional in the other two components. I have an attempt on step 1 as well(with december being the last month of validity of my step 1 score as I took my step 1 in 2012). Havenot given ck yet.

I just want to ask people who went through this situation or know someone who went through this, is it at all possible for a cv like mine to even be considered for a residency position in IM?

Thank you

Passed and wanted to give my $0.02! I started studying ~2 weeks before CS, using only first aid. I went into the exam feeling slightly less prepared than I wanted to. During the exam, I wasn’t sure for about ~3-4 of the diagnoses and for some of the cases, I missed key physical exam steps and labs to order. I also forgot to counsel about half the patients, and felt awkward in explaining or reassuring some of the patients. I’m pretty sure in one case, I did a physical exam maneuver that I wasn’t supposed to because the pt looked really confused as to why I was doing it.. I was pretty worried about passing this exam! My ICE X’s were on the right side, but touching the borderline bar, and the other sections were fine!
In all, very glad to be done with this exam. Congratulations to everyone who went through the exam, and for those who have to retake it, hang in there! We’re all rooting for you:)

Reactions: 1 user