Step 2CS December 2019 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcgarvels

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else waiting for score release on December 11th? 13 weeks is just way too long.

Members don't see this ad.

Waiting for Step 2 CS scores has definitely been the most stressful part of medical school!!

Reactions: 1 user
checking in.
Took it October
Lost a lot of sleep after Step 2 CS. Convinced myself i failed.
Already planning on taking a year off and applying FM next cycle. FML. The sad thing is i have a good amount of intervies in desired specialty and have already had butterflies interviewing at one program that i really liked.

If i could go back in time i would have paid a third party scheduler and taken this exam in the spring.

Waiting for this exam has been more stressful than any of the other two steps.

Reactions: 3 users
I can't wait another 2 weeks. It is absolutely killing me...this has to be the most ridiculous thing ever.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Exam permits disappear the Saturday or Sunday before your score is released (for AMGs not sure about IMGs)

I am low key still nervous about my score. Not sure why this test triggered so much anxiety when it's just p/f and I do not have to worry about how i score on top of if I passed.

I am low key still nervous about my score. Not sure why this test triggered so much anxiety when it's just p/f and I do not have to worry about how i score on top of if I passed.

RIGHT?! Freaking out here. Next Wednesday 1am EST can't come soon enough

What are the chances we get our scores dec 11?

THEY BETTER RELEASE THEM! I have been waiting 13 weeks. Not cool.

FRIENDS! If you see your permit disappear this weekend please post! THANKS! :)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I think that might just refer to the fact that the scores that would be reported on 18th December will be reported then anyway (i.e. as normal and not holiday schedule). I think we might still get our Step 2 CS scores starting the 11th. Correct me if I am wrong though?

I think that might just refer to the fact that the scores that would be reported on 18th December will be reported then anyway (i.e. as normal and not holiday schedule). I think we might still get our Step 2 CS scores starting the 11th. Correct me if I am wrong though?

You are correct! Can people update if their permits disappear

My permit disappeared weeks before my score was released. ITS NOT RELIABLE

If you are an IMG that is normal OR if you are an USMD and your eligibility expired then that would make sense. My permit disappeared because I took it like a week before my eligibility expired. So yeah...seems to have been reliable in the past.

Now it is clear, they just want to clarity regarding holidays.

Reactions: 1 users
Gone too. Instantly 50 times more nervous than I was 30 seconds ago

Those who have taken both CK and CS... Does the FSMB trick work for you? (I was told it was: Try to register for Step 3. If you are allowed to register then all other Steps were passed.)

Those who have taken both CK and CS... Does the FSMB trick work for you? (I was told it was: Try to register for Step 3. If you are allowed to register then all other Steps were passed.)

I don’t think that works if you’re an AMG. You have to have graduated.

When is the time this trick works, today or Wednesday?

It's supposed to work on Monday, but perhaps only if you already graduated, as TheLastofUs91 said. There is a different trick that works starting early Wednesday. No harm in trying them out though.

It's supposed to work on Monday, but perhaps only if you already graduated, as TheLastofUs91 said. There is a different trick that works starting early Wednesday. No harm in trying them out though.

The Monday FSMB trick has (allegedly) been patched, so does not work anymore. The 1 am EST Wednesday thing SHOULD still work though.

Reactions: 1 users
Someone on reddit said the fsmb thing worked tuesday. Has anyone else heard this?

Someone on reddit said the fsmb thing worked tuesday. Has anyone else heard this?

Not heard of this working. Although clearly, if you are out in California, then Wednesday 1 am EST = Tuesday 10 PM.

Time zones can be terribly confusing, even beyond the world of the FSMB trick.

I meant the trick that lets you register for step 3 the monday before you passed. Someone said they could register tuesday. In retrospect probably wouldn't work for me since I don't have a degree yet regardless.

I meant the trick that lets you register for step 3 the monday before you passed. Someone said they could register tuesday. In retrospect probably wouldn't work for me since I don't have a degree yet regardless.

Got it, perhaps! Well, from the way too extensive research I have done on this, it seems as nowadays the only certain way is FSMB at 1 am EST Wednesday. All these rumors just create waaaay too much anxiety! I am just going to make a nice drink at 11 pm tomorrow and then await the big reveal