Step 2CS December 2019 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcgarvels

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else waiting for score release on December 11th? 13 weeks is just way too long.

Members don't see this ad.

Took it the end of Oct...permit is gone. Looks like I'll find out tomorrow morning..can't really afford to stay up until 1 as I'm in the OR tomorrow morning. Good luck to us all!

I have a dumb question, how/where exactly do you check if your permit has disappeared? I haven't logged on to the NMBE licensing exam website since I took CS so I can't tell if my permit is gone or I'm looking in the wrong place.

This is painful. I am scared as hell now. Can't take it anymore. Trying to distract myself with a Nintendo new release and beer. Should I go out for a walk without internet? It's freezing out though. My life is on a standstill here. It will be very bad if I don't get my score today. And i will be badly f***** if I fail. Help us all God.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Took Step 2 10/7 in Atlanta and still has "print permit" up. You guys sure this doesn't mean anything about pass/fail?

literally feel like throwing up.
can someone walk me through what happens if i fail.
my plan is to sign up with one of those third party schedulers asap and try to get a date. the problem is i dont know if dates are available around Christmas??? Do i even go to my interviews next week if i fail?

my school WILL not qualify me for Rank if i dont pass step 2 cs by rank submission... FML

Reactions: 1 user
my plan is to sign up with one of those third party schedulers asap and try to get a date. the problem is i dont know if dates are available around Christmas??? Do i even go to my interviews next week if i fail?

my school WILL not qualify me for Rank if i dont pass step 2 cs by rank submission... FML

My exact plans

Reactions: 1 user

So yeah that would be your best bet for getting a repeat spot asap but I would try and meet with your advisor as well for your specialty. Not every specialty needs cs for rank list. A lot of IM programs do not require it, for example, based on the info they gave during interviews.

edit: I did not see the last sentence. What do you mean about qualifying you for rank?

So yeah that would be your best bet for getting a repeat spot asap but I would try and meet with your advisor as well for your specialty. Not every specialty needs cs for rank list. A lot of IM programs do not require it, for example, based on the info they gave during interviews.

I get that, but my school wont even make me qualified for rank from their end. i have to have a pass on step 2 cs before ranklist

edit- i guess you need your med schools approval for the match or whatever. my school states that they wont make me eligible unless CS is passed.

I get that, but my school wont even make me qualified for rank from their end. i have to have a pass on step 2 cs before ranklist

edit- i guess you need your med schools approval for the match or whatever. my school states that they wont make me eligible unless CS is passed.

Huh I did not know that was a thing. Have not heard anything about that for my school. We can sign up for the match regardless of our cs pass.

Members don't see this ad :)
No matter what happens, you’ll be wonderful doctors one day. An artificial, high-stakes, arbitrary exam won’t change that, no matter the result.

I took the test in September. Hard to believe everything may be undone in 8 minutes. This test has had such a negative effect on my mental health the past 3 months. Down with this money grab.

Reactions: 7 users
Does it matter if you registered for FCVS before tonight? I did that and haven’t gotten my score yet. Took it 9/10