Step 2CS December 2019 score release

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcgarvels

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone else waiting for score release on December 11th? 13 weeks is just way too long.

Members don't see this ad.

Omg this was really my last hurdle and I freaking passed even after not knowing so much. I love myself and I love God. Time to go on those interviews with more confidence!!!!

Goodluck to everyone still waiting for their score!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've been casually observing the thread for the past week - but for those of you that want to know right now about your scores try calling your dean/student affairs.

did anyone get their score today? If there is a delay they should disclose that. Per their website 98% of scores should have been released by now.

Do you think that the rest of results holding until been reviewed by doctors instead of the the new computer scoring system that's why is late?

It’s disgraceful that the NBME makes people wait upwards of 3 months to hear back on this sham of a test. Hearing last week vs this week could be the difference between getting a passing score in by ROL submission if you failed. Why every single practicing physician isn’t clamoring everyday for the end of CS is beyond me.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s disgraceful that the NBME makes people wait upwards of 3 months to hear back on this sham of a test. Hearing last week vs this week could be the difference between getting a passing score in by ROL submission if you failed. Why every single practicing physician isn’t clamoring everyday for the end of CS is beyond me.
This scares me since I'm getting my score January 29th. FmL.

After 15 weeks of waiting, I finally got my result today! I freaking passed and so will you! It is a long and arduous wait. I lost hair, my blood pressure probably went up 20 points, got hemorrhoids, aged 10 years, and had afib in the last hour waiting for this freaking test. Im deceased.

Apparently 98% should hear back by week 3. So don’t fret if you haven’t heard back yet. Ive literally read all the sdn score release forums for the past 2 years and many people have reported passing even after getting their score as late as the third week of the reporting period. It’s random and different test graders take different times unfortunately. I don't believe the week you hear back or if your permit disappears has any correlation to if you pass or fail. So try not to read into it too much. I passed despite getting it the second week.

Like many out there, I was so worried about failing. I was convinced I failed and was ready to sign up for another test date, do a Kaplan course, and think about matching into some other speciality.

I had a million mistakes! But the last and final mistake I made was I spending way to much time on sdn instead of enjoying 4th year. So do your best to wait and be patient. Distract yourself and spend time with family and friends. Worrying changes nothing.

And if you fail, I'm really sorry that happened to you. But it's never over so dont give up hope! I've seen and heard of people match even after failing CS 1, 2 or even 3 times! Ive seen some people match even without having a passing CS before rank lists even in competitive fields like ortho or urology. Be patient and don't lose hope!

And for future test takers, please sign up for CS before the first week of September and not any later. Please prepare and practice on live partners. I only practiced 3 cases total on one person! This is not just an english proficiency test! Don't listen to your peers that say you only need 2 days to study or you only need to speak english. Do whats right for you. Proper prep can save a lot of time and uneeded anxiety.

Reactions: 4 users
Also got my score. Passed! I took it 9/20 in Atlanta.

Now I can get on with enjoying my MS4 year properly.

Reactions: 1 users
And for future test takers, please sign up for CS before the first week of September and not any later.

Also be aware that to achieve this, you need to sign up EARLY or be flexible about your testing site. I signed up in February and all the spots before October were full at my preferred (because I could drive and not fly) site. That's 9 months in advance. My friend signed up in January and the earliest she was able to get was mid-end of September.

After 15 weeks of waiting, I finally got my result today! I freaking passed and so will you! It is a long and arduous wait. I lost hair, my blood pressure probably went up 20 points, got hemorrhoids, aged 10 years, and had afib in the last hour waiting for this freaking test. Im deceased.

And for future test takers, please sign up for CS before the first week of September and not any later. Please prepare and practice on live partners. I only practiced 3 cases total on one person! This is not just an english proficiency test! Don't listen to your peers that say you only need 2 days to study or you only need to speak english. Do whats right for you. Proper prep can save a lot of time and uneeded anxiety.

Amen to this! The physical detriment this process causes (HHHA: hypertension, hemorrhoids, hair loss and Afib) is significant. Despite having successfully passed (which is of course a good thing!), I am now a bald man with significant cardiac risk, who bleeds from multiple orifices.

On a more serious note, I also completely agree: the problem is there is a weird consensus that this is ‘just’ an English test, and so people do not prepare according to what one is actually tested on. We have all taken multiple tests in our lives, yet somehow this one seems to affect us more - chiefly, I think, because a lot of us feel that we were ‘tricked’ into revising less for it than for any other exam out of the plethora we have taken in the past.

Hey has anyone else not gotten there score back yet? I took my test oct 1 and I'm still waiting. Also i have heard from people who were in the same session as me and people that took the test later then me getting their score already. Does the fact i haven't heard anything mean anything or can i assume i have the same chance of passing i had before?

Hey has anyone else not gotten there score back yet? I took my test oct 1 and I'm still waiting. Also i have heard from people who were in the same session as me and people that took the test later then me getting their score already. Does the fact i haven't heard anything mean anything or can i assume i have the same chance of passing i had before?
Not at all. I gave it oct 18 Texas
It’s all random. That’s all. Don’t worry, we got this. Goodluck!

Reactions: 1 user

No it doesn’t make a difference. I was 9/11, got my score 1 week ago and passed. There were people who got their score yesterday from same day, same location, who also passed

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Ya my registration thing just disappeared today finally. Second time taking the exam so I was freaking out not getting the score the last two weeks but looks like the wait will finally be over.

Ugh I realized that I did all of my physical exams from the patient’s left side (there was no room on the other side of the table!) do you think this will tank me? Apparently it’s supposed to be from the right

Ugh I realized that I did all of my physical exams from the patient’s left side (there was no room on the other side of the table!) do you think this will tank me? Apparently it’s supposed to be from the right

Of course not. I've never heard anyone ever suggest that it has to be from a certain side and imo it would be ridiculous if we had to do it a certain side

Of course not. I've never heard anyone ever suggest that it has to be from a certain side and imo it would be ridiculous if we had to do it a certain side
I’ve seen it on a lot of OSCE checklists lol god I hate this whole process

this is so nerve racking my permit disappeared before last sunday even though my original eligibility was way past that. i thought it meant i would get my score last week and just hoping its not a bad sign that i had a fail and they had to rescore or something

Just checked! The FCVS shows Pass, and am able to register for step 3. Now can't wait for the actual report and see how I performed especially on the ICE component. The wait was really painful.

Reactions: 1 user
So the pass/fail I see on fsmb is 100% official confirmation or are there any instances that we see a different result in the mail ?

Failed ****
Sorry man. Try to get another date in before new years even though it'll probably be impossible. I do think you'll still be able to match quite well regardless, as long as you get in a passing score before residency starts.