Stranger Things WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm assuming I'll probably die tonight since I seem to be the only one around to try to strongarm you goddamn villagers into some semblance of sense. VOTE MOOSE TOMORROW. VOTE GENNY THE DAY AFTER THAT. If you do ANYTHING ELSE besides that, I will personally sic a Demogorgon on you.
WHAT DID GENNY HEART REACT???

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm assuming I'll probably die tonight since I seem to be the only one around to try to strongarm you goddamn villagers into some semblance of sense. VOTE MOOSE TOMORROW. VOTE GENNY THE DAY AFTER THAT. If you do ANYTHING ELSE besides that, I will personally sic a Demogorgon on you.
Teamwork :highfive:
Sorry, I tunneled you most of the game :sorry:

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
IF GENNY IS A WOLF WHY CNAT WE VITE TOMORROW?
You can vote either. But if you decide to go on a mutts tunnel tomorrow or the day after for no goddamn reason, I will scream about it in deadchat until everyone else hates me. I like not being hated. Please don't make me rage.

Why didnt they get rid of heart react lol???

They just handed us a win.
Because that would look even more suspicious after I already saw and pointed out the heart reacts lol.

tumblr_pupmr33Me61wsmkc2o1_500.gif

tenor (54).gif

55716d2de3b6920ecd30646be20ce1c1.gif

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@BigCats theyll probably kill you tonight since you're the only person keeping me and mutts from voting each other

You tunneled me until 10 minutes ago
Honestly, I can’t be sorry about that since it caught all the wolves
But nothing in this game is personal to me, so all those spats are forgotten now that I know we’re both villagers :love:

This is literally my redemption for Hannibal. I'm ignoring mechanics, I'm ignoring role names, PR claims, and writeups, and I'm actually strongarming village in the right direction this time. How fitting that this should be a dubz game where I finally pull it together :love:

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
@BigCats theyll probably kill you tonight since you're the only person keeping me and mutts from voting each other
Don't even so much as even THINK about voting mutts when I die. I will be watching.

Don't even so much as even THINK about voting mutts when I die. I will be watching.
Dw. Mutts pissed me off 3 days in a row and I haven't voted her yet.

Just tell her to vote with me

• Sad
Dw. Mutts pissed me off 3 days in a row and I haven't voted her yet.

Just tell her to vote with me
Mutts knows who to vote for. I would assume capri does as well. O Sunbodi of the loose cannon, stay on target tomorrow.

Mutts let's lock in votes now so we dont get psyched out tomorrow 10 minutes before close.

Do you want genny or moose to go first?

Mutts let's lock in votes now so we dont get psyched out tomorrow 10 minutes before close.

Do you want genny or moose to go first?
I’m fine with genny

contingency vote genny

I don't care if genny says "well I'm seer #4 and my results say mutts is a wolf!!" tomorrow. STAY THE COURSE.

• Haha
  • Hmm
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
I'm sorry wolves </3

Also sorry mods that you have 2 more days of this

Day 5

tumblr_obqxok9hD71qhuamdo2_r4_250.gifv

Lots of changes have been happening in Nancy Wheeler's life. She started talking to Steve Harrington, now she's dating him. Then her kid brother's best friend disappeared. Then her best friend disappeared. The cops think she "ran away." But Nancy knew something more was going on.

When she went out into the woods with Jonathan Byers, she ended up in the Upside Down. And everything changed.

Yeeted is @PippyPony, who was Nancy Wheeler, a villager who could one time seer a group of 3 players and find out if there was anything sinister among them...and was converted to a wolf.

CircularQuerulousGuppy-max-1mb.gif

------

It is now Night 5. Deadline is 9am EST.

6 players remain.

Hawkins, Indiana

@Sunbodi
@MOOSEygoosey
@capri1722
@PippyPony
@genny

The Upside Down
@muttmanager
@BigCats

The Deadside Down
@Lawper - Mike, village tie-breaker
@SnowshoeDog143 - Max, village death avoidance
@itsrocky - Dustin, village tinkerer
@Sunshine in a Storm - Lucas, village vigilante
@sheltermed - Joyce, village anagram seer
@allieh8607 - Jonathan, village watcher
@SportPonies - Eleven, village JOAT
@jaboo - Demogorgon, wolf kidnapper
@WonderingStudent - Billy, Chaos Blocker/Commuter
@Animal Midwife - Steve, village protector/demogorgon blocker
@PippyPony - Nancy, village sleuth converted wolf

Subs:
@CoffeeQuestionMark

Tots:
@Melchizedek
@Doggo Labs
@jenjen2020

~Table of Contents~​

Night 5/FINAL WRITE UP

The citizens of Hawkins felt pretty good about themselves. They knew who their enemies were. Didn't they?

Flash of shadow.

anigif_sub-buzz-20325-1509490670-5.gif

Dead is @Sunbodi , who was Bob Newby, a villager who could set up an extra conversation for herself with another player or allow another player to open up an extra conversation. This conversation only lasts for one cycle.

Another flash of shadow.

Dead is @MOOSEygoosey , who was Dr. Martin Brenner, a wolf who could gift someone an ability - but with a sinister consequence. (Select pool of abilities).

tumblr_oyo2w1g3Kf1qe37y8o3_500.gifv

A third flash of shadow.

Dead is @muttmanager , who was Barbara Holland, a villager who could choose to jail a person every other night.

tenor.gif

Will Byers, weak from his stay in the Upside Down, and Hopper were the only two to remain to see the source of shadow. It looked like the Demogorgon. But.....not. A dog perhaps?

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f70737a64737066475848786e70773d3d2d3736303234353031342e313562326234383061613564396438343638393832383636313936352e676966

Hopper fired several rifle shots at it. On target.

Dead is @genny , who was D’Artagnan/Dart, Dustin's wolf neighbor and also had a unique ability that allowed her to copy the ability of anyone who targeted her for future use

tenor.gif

Surviving are:

@BigCats , who was Chief Jim Hopper, a villager who
could set out to track a player. Once during the game, could choose to kill a player but lose the tracking ability.

tumblr_oc8jxwRv0D1rey868o1_500.gif

@capri1722 , who was Will Byers, a villager who could initially only send messages while in the Upside Down but then, once back, could track. And the wolves could see his visions...sometimes.

original.gif

Game Ends....or does it?

tumblroyjdqnsebl1wnx3nro3540.gif

Hawkins, Indiana

@Sunbodi - Bob, village temporary PMer
@MOOSEygoosey - Dr. Brenner, wolf dark-gifter
@capri1722 - Will, village anonymous message sender turned tracker
@genny, Mr. Clarke, neighbor to Dustin who was actually D'Art, copycat wolf

The Upside Down
@muttmanager - Barb, village EON jailer
@BigCats - Hopper, village tracker OR one time vigilante

The Deadside Down
alissa >> @Lawper - Mike, village tie-breaker
@SnowshoeDog143 - Max, village death avoidance
@itsrocky - Dustin, village tinkerer
@Sunshine in a Storm - Lucas, village vigilante
@sheltermed - Joyce, village anagram seer
@allieh8607 - Jonathan, village watcher
@SportPonies - Eleven, village JOAT
Kota >> @jaboo - Demogorgon, wolf kidnapper
@WonderingStudent - Billy, Chaos Blocker/Commuter
@Animal Midwife - Steve, village protector/demogorgon blocker
@PippyPony - Nancy, village sleuth converted wolf

Subs:
@CoffeeQuestionMark

Tots:
@Melchizedek
@Doggo Labs
@jenjen2020

~Table of Contents~​

Reactions: 2 users
Okay some words from me:

@muttmanager and @Sunbodi, you did some very scary things during volo.

mutts, leaving your vote on Suni and voting away from the village bloc, even if Suni is actually a wolf, is wolfsiding and loses the game. In molo and volo, it's all villagers on the same wagon. Only one wolf can be voted out at a time. This game was mechanically a wolf win because of that vote placement. It was only saved due to a Pippy being pulled. Never gamble on human error, especially from wolves, to win the game for village.

Suni, you need to remain calm and remember what I told you before I died. You started slipping back to your old ways and rapidly switching between who's in your POE. That gave wolves the ground they needed to convince mutts you were a floundering wolf. If someone acts wolfy, point out the posts and explain why they gave you that impression. Talk calmly to your village bloc about VCA/mechanics/perspective slips and whatever else will be part of the game-winning plan instead. Caps lock can instate hysteria in the village so use it sparingly.

@BigCats, you had phenomenal play from the beginning until the end. I'll admit I was unsure about your affiliation at the start of the game with the quick and repeated self-defense of a joke vote, but by the time you claimed vig, everything seemed to fall into place for me. You didn't claim immediately (pro-village for encouraging wolves to go after you instead of active PRs), you shot N1 (narrows the POE faster), targeted someone who was deep in the POE (leaving a sketchy villager of this caliber has hindered village in more ways than I want to remember), broke up fights perceived to be v/v (good grief), and, most importantly, you kept re-evaluating during endgame (which got the village as close to winning as possible).

@WildZoo and @kaydubs, thank you for running this. I quite enjoy themed games that are exciting for fans of the source material, yet not alienating and handicapping for those who don't even know the main characters' names.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Oooooof

• Love
Thank you all for playing, sorry about the sort of anticlimactic ending but I hope you all had fun anyway. A wolf win by gameplay and a village win by technicality I suppose. Maybe we should consider it a draw :thinking:

And much, much love to @kaydubs who did most of the heavy lifting this game from the design through to running it. I was mostly just here as an excuse to rewatch the show ;)

There is no spreadsheet so feel free to ask us questions about the setup here!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Thanks for a great game, mods.

****ty game, village :)

Reactions: 5 users
Okay well I'm confused so I'm just going to come back when everyone from the game is less busy!

Good game wolves, village did not deserve to win and you guys all played amazingly. @genny I can't believe you were an OG!!!! Damn!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Ooh I want to know if my tracking PR had a failure rate or if I was just reading too deep into my description :laugh: