Successfully Matched!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

12R34Y

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yes!

I matched!

today rocks!

good luck all!!

we're almost there.

later

Members don't see this ad.

Me too! The greatest hurdle is over. :eek:

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yippie!!!! now if only i can find a sweet prelim year ;)

Matched!!!
Good luck on Thursday :thumbup:
CM

FoughtFyr said:
No offense, I know this is stressful and all, but you (and many others here) were a given to match. The question is where!?!

- H

thanks for the compliment. I wasn't super worried, but it still has a sweet ring to it......."congratulations. you matched."

It's just so official now.

later

irrka said:
Yippie!!!! now if only i can find a sweet prelim year ;)

hey irrka, so do you still have to get a prelim year? I was wondering if it states it separately or will say " you have matched " if you matched at both those, or if it says it separately. You can private mail me if you don't want to post on this..

12R34Y said:
Yes!

I matched!

today rocks!

good luck all!!

we're almost there.

later

YEAH!!!!! I matched!!!!!

Matched!! Now the wait.

JackBauERfan said:
hey irrka, so do you still have to get a prelim year? I was wondering if it states it separately or will say " you have matched " if you matched at both those, or if it says it separately. You can private mail me if you don't want to post on this..

i'm curious as well actually to know since i'm not sure if i matched all the years or if i need to scramble for a prelim year...

Members don't see this ad :)
Count me in as well!

JackBauERfan said:

no i pretty much knew i wasnt getting a prelim year since i only applied to transitionals and didnt get an interview. so basically i just ranked some random programs that i knew i wasnt getting 'cause i never saw them, just so i could get into the unfilled list tomorrow (so i still have to scramble for first year, but i'm actually excited about that because that means i matched either at my #1, #3, or #7! well, #7 leaves me less excited as you can imagine) So yeah, NRMP says, you're matched into an advanced but not into a prelim.

Congratulations, you have matched!

The fetus is in!!!! Amn I cant believe my teeth were getting cleaned while this came out!

EtOH Tonite!!

To top it off al my very close friends matched including a guy who couples matched in Rads and had a Step 1 less than 210..:D

I'm in like flying frijoles

Seriously.. Congrats to everyone who matched. All the hard work paid off!!!

Scrambled.........I mean the types of eggs I had this morning! Yes, I too matched... :D

:D me too me too!!!!!!

Congrats all! Man, I was about to toss the computer waiting for that e-mail, until I finally got the NMRP site message!

Now the real countdown...someone please medicate me. :)

So who is missing here guys? I see the cutie from Indy is here ( ;) ), and everyone's favorite fetus is here, and Radiohead (who is going to his first choice as we all know with an extraterrestrial 280 USMLE score!!), and most of the regulars. Am I naive enough to believe that we all matched??? If so, congrats!! :D

Congrats all! Now the nerve racking wait to see WHERE

My fella matched. :)

Do y'all really think that high Step scores guarantee a good Match? My hubby did almost as well as Radiohead, but I am still looking to #8 on the ROL as a failsafe! :scared: He didn't get a fraction of the love from programs that other folks on this board have gotten. :(

Anyway, congrats to all!

alison_in_oh said:

Do y'all really think that high Step scores guarantee a good Match? My hubby did almost as well as Radiohead, but I am still looking to #8 on the ROL as a failsafe! :scared: He didn't get a fraction of the love from programs that other folks on this board have gotten. :(

Anyway, congrats to all!

Thats odd I admit. But perhaps it is due to the school he is at, or is he DO? I have no idea, but if I had no love at 280 I would be climbing to the top of the tower with my weapon of choice!! :laugh: I felt like I got reasonable "cuddling" from programs as even a DO and nothing near Radiohead on my boards.

alison_in_oh said:

Do y'all really think that high Step scores guarantee a good Match? !

I don't think so. In years past, we've blackballed a couple of folks with double 99 MLEs who seemed to have had their personalities surgically removed.

BKN said:
In years past, we've blackballed a couple of folks with double 99 MLEs who seemed to have had their personalities surgically removed.

Which is exactly why I didn't apply to your program (I kid, I kid) ;) .

Way to go, folks. I'm just waiting to see if EF or Corpsman is the OP on the "Tell us where you matched" thread. :thumbup:

Man, now ya'll got me worried ;) . I don't remember having my personality surgically removed, so I think I am in the clear there. The only "love" from my #1 was an email basically thanking me for coming and to see if I had any questions. Keeping that in mind, some other programs have basically offered to give me the "happy ending" in so many words. To Allison, remember that board scores still matter. I mean, there are the few *****s out there who get balled at the door, but for the most part people can at least fake being normal for an interview. With that being said, how else can a program objectively rank people except by the numbers. I mean, can somebody be so "cool" and easy to get along with that they overshadow someone with higher boards, definitely yes. But for your husband to go down to his #8, his coolness must be proportionally diminished to his270's board score. Maybe BKN has a system where he assigns someone a number for personality that is somehow figured in to his application score. But, really, as long as your husband doesn't have >10 piercings, a Tattoo/Tooth ratio >3, or pink hair, he will get at least his #2. If not, maybe #3.

EctopicFetus said:
The fetus is in!!!!

The fetus is STILL in??? I didn't pay much attention during OB, but I'm pretty sure you should be due by now. Actually, if I remember right, someone (not me) should have gone in and gotten it :rolleyes:

irrka said:
no i pretty much knew i wasnt getting a prelim year since i only applied to transitionals and didnt get an interview. so basically i just ranked some random programs that i knew i wasnt getting 'cause i never saw them, just so i could get into the unfilled list tomorrow (so i still have to scramble for first year, but i'm actually excited about that because that means i matched either at my #1, #3, or #7! well, #7 leaves me less excited as you can imagine) So yeah, NRMP says, you're matched into an advanced but not into a prelim.

cool thanks...I was wondering if it would say "Congratulations you have matched into an advanced position and a preliminary position" or does it just say "Congratulations you have matched" if you matched into both. It would narrow down on my list where I got in if it does, because it only told me congrats you have matched.

anyone know this?

of course i could just wait til thursday haha.

I matched, and I know where I am going because I only ranked one program!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will tell an incredible story later...........

I have been hush hush on this forum for a long time because I was worried I wasnt going to match................... My silence has now been broken!

Peace to all,

Goose

Goose...Fraba said:
I matched, and I know where I am going because I only ranked one program!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been hush hush on this forum for a long time because I was worried I wasnt going to match................... My silence has now been broken!

Peace to all,

Goose

Wow, balls of steel. Some girl at our school did that last year w/ plastics in southern california. Wow.

I thoroughly enjoyed the email title: "Did I match?" We were joking that people who didn't match would just have "No" written in the text of the email. I guess it's not funny, but we said it anyway.

Goose...Fraba said:

Peace to all,

Goose

A: Big, heavy, likely made of steel

Q: Describe Goose's balls

BTW - since you know, do tell! And I thought you were going into anesthesia?!?

- H

corpsmanUP said:
Thats odd I admit. But perhaps it is due to the school he is at, or is he DO? I have no idea, but if I had no love at 280 I would be climbing to the top of the tower with my weapon of choice!! :laugh: I felt like I got reasonable "cuddling" from programs as even a DO and nothing near Radiohead on my boards.

Naw, MD from a roughly top-20 school. Good personality if you ask me! :lol: Maybe I'm just misinterpreting all the reports of "love" -- after all, he didn't share every email or "form" seeming letter with me, but I got the impression that folks here were getting personal phone calls from the PD and, I don't know, Hallmark cards from some of his top 3. ;)

Radiohead, you are extremely encouraging. :) And I can tell you're really cool, so you're definitely guaranteed your #1. ;) He got along superbly with the PD at his #2, so maybe I won't sweat it too much.

And while I'm here...Goose? Seriously, balls of steel doesn't begin to describe! Congrats!

FoughtFyr said:
A: Big, heavy, likely made of steel

Q: Desribe Goose's balls

BTW - since you know, do tell! And I thought you were going into anesthesia?!?

- H
All in due time my friend.........

Look for a post tommoro titled "Some hope for the hopeless....."

'twill be my story of how I ended up only ranking one program, and what impossible odds I faced getting there.

BTW- I am proud to say the program is St. Vincents in Toledo, home of the best damn life flight in the nation. I cant wait for that fancy black flight suit and those shiny silver wings.........

Now back to the partying.......

Goose

Oh and keep those balls of steel comments coming, I love hearin' it baby!!!!!

I matched. But I don't have balls of steel. I ranked nine EM programs and one IM program as a backup so I am not in the clear yet.

Matched. I was taking my kids to swim lessons, so I found out late.

Radiohead said:
Maybe BKN has a system where he assigns someone a number for personality that is somehow figured in to his application score. But, really, as long as your husband doesn't have >10 piercings, a Tattoo/Tooth ratio >3, or pink hair, he will get at least his #2. If not, maybe #3.

Of course I do.

Well, for all you characters that are now relaxed but were obsessing on the irrationality of selection all through the interview season, here is the Tech formula for this year:

*Computing, reporting, and standardizing ranking score

COMPUTE rankscore = (.1*Zmlcom1)+(.15*Zmlcom2)+(.15*Zdeanslet)+(.1*Zspanish)

+(.1*ZLOR)+(.15*Zextras)+(.1*Zmeanzchar)+(.15*Zmeanzrank) .

EXECUTE .

DESCRIPTIVES

VARIABLES=rankscore /SAVE

/STATISTICS=MEAN STDDEV MIN MAX .

Now is it clear? All variables are standardized to allow them to be weighted properly 10% of the score each for mle or comlex1, spanish, letters of rec and interivew characteristics. 15% each for mle or comlex 2, dean's letter, extras (things that we emphasize) and interview ranks. Personality shows up in dean's letter, SLORs and both interview scores.

Then we argue.

Also we add points for more than 10 tattoos or piercings in unusual places that the candidate is willing to prove. NOT. :barf:

BTW, I really do have this up in a very nice SPSS program. If anyone has a PD who wants to try this approach, I'll be more than willing to share.

corpsmanUP said:
BKN,

Thats it, I am calling NRMP because I feel I was shortchanged in El Paso! :mad: I was never asked to show my left axillary tattoo (you think I am lying?...I am not :D ). That would undoubtedly have given me an additional couple of points. :thumbup: Its a meat tag...bonus points to anyone who can tell the rest of the crew here what a meat tag is.

O, y una cosa mas. Como puede Ud, a saber cuando estudiantes hablan espanol la verdad? I could have been completely lying on my app. That is an awful lot of points for something unless you corroborate it.

Believe me, we didn't want to see your tatoo. Y no creo que los estudiantes son mentiroso. :D

Woohoo!!!!!!!! a successful Couples match!!!!! I am sooooooooo glad the hard part is over...now WHERE ARE WE GOING????? :eek:

Congrats to all who matched!!!!!!!! :D