Sword of Truth WW - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Escalla's part was supposed to be a demonstration of her randomization (aka pulling names from a hate, randomized mad jack to jagang, saying heck no to that, and then just giving the role to me
I love how I'm so bad at this game It's almost legendary.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I love how I'm so bad at this game It's almost legendary.
Look on the bright side. You last to the end of games a lot.
Although I am amazed that I have lasted to the end of these last 2 games. Really not used to that. I guess when I get roles with little of importance to do, I don't get in as much trouble.

Look on the bright side. You last to the end of games a lot.
Although I am amazed that I have lasted to the end of these last 2 games. Really not used to that. I guess when I get roles with little of importance to do, I don't get in as much trouble.
That's true. @Mad Jack have you even been killed by the wolves before endgame when I wasn't one of the wolves?

I usually die midgame. I haven't been to the real endgame in a while. But it's always a wolf that kills me, never a lynching.
That's pretty impressive, that you've never been lynched. I was lynched as a villager once...saddest day of my life :(

Holy **** guys! That video was ridiculous and hilarious. Thanks for the fun study break, @thedrjojo !

PS. I feel like I opened a door when I checked SDN the other day and now I can't shut it. It's like an addiction. :(

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
With it taking this long for a writeup, the game's probably over. You win, gg, no re, etc. The only thing that worries me is that Escalla might very well have had a stroke or something.
Nerdgasm.

I dunno, maybe she is deciding there is no way for me to win and thus game over :shrug:

Reactions: 1 user
Nerdgasm.

I dunno, maybe she is deciding there is no way for me to win and thus game over :shrug:
Special contingency included in the game mechanics: If rojo is Jagang, he stays alive all game just to find in the end that it is impossible for him to win.

Reactions: 3 users
As the masses of the Imperial Order soldiers are visible in the distance, they knew that there was only one thing they could do. They had to abandon Aydindril. They could not save the city. The Imperial Order had been sweeping through the New World like a plague, crushing all resistance armies in their wake. But they did not yet hold D'Hara. A final stand at the People's Palace was their only hope.

Grim-faced, everyone mounts their horses. There were some residents that refused to leave their homes. Their plan was to submit to the Order and join their ranks in hopes that they could continue their lives. WTF knew they would be met with death instead.

------------

The battle rages on.

The might of the D'Haran forces clash with the mass that is the Imperial Order army. But they were fighting a losing battle. Outnumbered 1:20, there was little hope of overcoming the savages of the Order. But the men insisted on fighting for the Lord Rahl, for freedom, for life.

Unable to watch any longer, WTF calls them back. There was no hope in this. He would have to deal with the Order, with Jagang, as their last hope. He had a message sent to Jagang to meet him in the palace. It was in this meeting that his final plan would take place.

Rojo makes his way through the palace with a small contingent of men and a Sister of the Dark, his black eyes gleaming. Victory was his! He would make a spectacle of this win. He had been dreaming of this day, the day that he holds WTF's head in his hand for so long.

As he steps out onto the balcony, a grin spreads across his face. Everyone was there. WTF, Mad Jack, DVMD and SOV. He twists the many gold rings on his fingers in joy.

"Welcome." says WTF. His raptor gaze fixed on Rojo.

"I see that you just didn't quite have enough." says Rojo smiling. "You have made this that much harder on yourself, but I have enjoyed every minute. I'm currently relishing in the thought of your head on a spike decorating my tent."

WTF showed no emotion. He wasn't without a plan.

Completely ignoring Rojo, he turns to the masses of men standing at attention below. Approximately 10,000 from the Imperial Order remain. The 500 of his own army below as well, standing with pride amongst the brutes of the Order.

"You are ruled," WTF said in a voice that rang over the multitude, "by a mean little man."

His friends on the balcony holding back their surprise and amusement, looked at the ground. Rojo tightened his fists, but silently signalled for the men at his sides to stand down.

"Evil is not one large entity, but a collection of countless, small depravities brought up from the muck by petty men. Living under the Order, you have traded the enrichment of vision for the gray fog of mediocrity - the fertile inspiration of striving and growth, for mindless stagnation and slow decay - the brave new ground of the attempt, for the timid quagmire of apathy."

WTF smiled out at the masses, but he spoke with brutal honesty.

"Every person's life is theirs by right. An individual's life can and must belong to only himself, not to any society or community, or he is then but a slave. No one can deny another person their right to their life, nor seize by force what is produced by someone else, because that is stealing their means to sustain their life. It is treason against mankind to hold a knife to a man's throat and dictate how he must live his life. No society can be more important than the individuals that compose it, or else you ascribe supreme importance, not to man, but to any notion that strikes the fancy of that society, at a never-ending cost of lives. Reason and reality are the only means to just laws; mindless wishes, if given sovereignty, become deadly masters.

"Surrendering reason to faith in this man, in the Order, sanctions their enslavement of you. You have the power to live your life."

Cheers from the D'Haran troops below erupted. The men of the Imperial Order shifted uneasily. WTF was glad to see a crack in their mindless devotion to the Order. He knew everything would be forfeit unless he could somehow change their minds.

No one noticed Rojo, now boiling with rage. He had let this little show go on long enough.

Murky shapes start to appear in his black eyes.

Mad Jack starts to scream. White-h0t pain rips through her body.

"Noooo!" yells DVMD. She sends a bolt of black lightning towards Rojo. The Sister of the Dark shields them just in time leaving Rojo unaffected and returns with another spell. The two sorceresses, locked in a fierce battle of magic, continue to attack with deadly intent.

Distracted by this, Rojo withdraws from Mad Jack's mind. Entering DVMD's, he forces her to remain still, prohibiting any defense. A bolt of ligning from the Sister of the Dark hits her square in the chest. The electricity visibly rips through her body, causing her to convulse, her screams held inside by Jagang. Finally he releases her and she crumples to the ground.

Dead is @DVMDream, Nicci, no longer a Sister of the Dark, Death's Mistress or the Slave Queen, but an ally of Richard Rahl.

Enraged, WTF draws his sword. The metallic ring of the Sword of Truth fills the air. Rojo just smiles. This was only the beginning.

"If you want Mad Jack to have a chance at life, you'll take a second to consider your situation." says Rojo, grinning.

WTF doesn't falter. The sword's magic dancing in his eyes. He was committed. Committed to the dance with death.

Rojo shrugs. In an instant, he re-enters the mind of Mad Jack. Without a sound, she falls to the ground. Dead is @Mad Jack, Kahlan Amnell, the Mother Confessor.

WTF was too far gone. He knew they were dead, that there was no chance of survival. He had only wished Kahlan would have a quick, painless death. For that he was grateful.

He looks to SOV, finally remembering that he was there, standing silently in the corner. Why exactly was she not doing anything?

Rojo noticed the brief flicker of confusion crossing WTF's features and laughs. "You didn't know? SOV accepted a deal. She will be of no help to you. It's too bad you would never be willing to consider the same."

A brief moment of sadness overtook WTF, but it didn't last long. SOV would pay for this for the rest of her life. She might not know what living under the Order was like, what was done to sorceresses and witch women alike. But she would soon find out.

WTF, sword still pointed in front of him, looks to the soldiers, meeting their eyes each individually. Then the Sister of the Dark and SOV.

"You have chosen the fate before you. I hope you remember that in the years to come. My only hope is that you remember me. Remember what I've said and that you have a choice. A choice to fight for freedom, for a life without tyranny, a life without slavery."

The Sister of the Dark meets WTF's gaze with conviction. Hope reflecting in her eyes.

WTF pauses, muscles tensing. He turns his gaze to Rojo.

With a scream, WTF raises his sword and leaps towards Rojo. With deadly intent, the sword sweeps downwards in a graceful arc. In that instant, Rojo overtakes the mind of the Sister with him and steps her in front of him, forcing her to meet the wrath of WTF's sword.

Unable to cut down an innocent, the sword stops an inch from her shoulder, previously Rojo's neck.

She crumples to the ground, dead. The Dream Walker having taken her life.

WTF's eyes follow her to the ground.

Rojo steps over the body of the Sister and with a short sword, advances towards WTF.

WTF raises his sword again, intending to meet Rojo. Unaware of the figure behind him.

Without notice, a sharp pain rips through his body. He looks down. The point of a blade protrudes through his chest. He turns around meeting the eyes of SOV.

WTF coughs up blood and drops to his knees.

Looking up at SOV, he whispers. "Your life is yours alone. Rise up and live it."

WTF then falls to his side, breathing his last breath, he welcomes death.

Dead is @WhtsThFrequency, Richard Rahl, the last hope against the Imperial Order.

Victorious are @StartingoverVet, Shota, the witchwoman converted to the cause of the Imperial Order and @thedrjojo, Emperor Jagang.

--------------

Having conquered the New World with the death of the D'Haran Empire, the Imperial Order rules all throughout both worlds. Days of darkness ahead, the world of the living suffers under their rule. Magic is slowly wiped out throughout the lands.

Perhaps one day there will be another that holds freedom and life above all else. Until then, only misery remains.

And justice you gave it. My lore-mind is satisfied.

Epic final write-up.

Thanks for the fun/frustrating game.

I was converted right when Epivet was lynched. Sorry guys. (It is axiomatic....if I try to collaborate with @DVMDream , I am fated to stab her in the back).

Reactions: 1 users
I have to say, it was easy to post with frustration because I still didn't understand what was going on even as a wolf....
And i totally would have lynched MJ if I was a villager. No way he is a villager. No way. no way no way.

@Escalla,
1)under what conditions would you have to tell DVMD she was no longer under MJ's control?
2) Jojo was able to be blocked wasn't he?
3) If WTF tracked me, what would she see if I was just sending dreams (after conversion).

No, you stopped sending me messages.. :(

I should have figured you were converted just because it seemed like you were avoiding me.
You should have received one more (escalla said she just sent it!)...

I really just had nothing to say in the middle of the game. I should have sent a dream that was just confusing... that would have been perfectly reflecting my thoughts.

I have to say, it was easy to post with frustration because I still didn't understand what was going on even as a wolf....
And i totally would have lynched MJ if I was a villager. No way he is a villager. No way. no way no way.

@Escalla,
1)under what conditions would you have to tell DVMD she was no longer under MJ's control?
2) Jojo was able to be blocked wasn't he?
3) If WTF tracked me, what would she see if I was just sending dreams (after conversion).

1) If MJ died, DVMD would no longer be confessed. How would you do this? Kill MJ while blocking DVMD. She wouldn't have been able to save him and with his death would be free.

2) Yes, he was blocked with the agiel once. UFO used it on him on N6 when he tried to seer devyn (Cyndia was doing the killing, which WTF saw). She knew she had knocked him out, so why the myth of being unblockable was perpetuated I'm not sure.

3) She would see you sending dreams, but @WhtsThFrequency was no ordinary tracker. I gave her bits of info to clue into roles and she would have seen affiliation through hints as well. She was in fact, the only seer in the game.

For funsies.... these are the dreams I sent in the game. They were kind of elaborate. I was supposed to show up as someone in a dream and could try to help, confuse, or just have fun. I think I did all 3 at various times.

Night 1 to LIS.
"Hi LIS. I hope this works... dream-casting is not an easy skill for the dead to learn. Sorry I stole your chance to die an honorable death.... I am the player-formerly-known as Darken Rahl.

darkenrahl-2_tn.jpg

I have a number of abilities in death. I have selected you as my contact to pass information.
Just to confirm that it is actually YOU and not someone else receiving this message (you never know with Escalla)... can you post this picture of Kahlan to verify I can get info through to you..

kahlan-kahlan-amnell-28605113-312-500.jpg

I thought you might enjoy the cleavage while you communicate with me.
Good luck, don't get lynched, death isn't all it is cracked up to be.

WL"

Night 2 to DVMD

DVMD... you fall asleep and start dreaming...

You purr blissfully in your dream as a black cat, Na'Vi, :cat:jumps into your lap.
Suddenly, interrupting your bliss, the cat jumps off your lap and into a chair next to you. :eek:
The chair violently transforms into a wheelchair, and Na'Vi horrifyingly turns into a very furry half-man/half cat. He looks vaguely familiar for some reason, but you don't think you have actually ever met him. He gets up from his chair and approaches you using his cane.

You stand up and start backing away from him:nailbiting:, but he moves quite sprightly for an old fart:zombie:. He reaches out and ................HUGS YOU.:naughty:

You scream in horror, and he lets you go, but before he does, he whispers in your ear. No, not sweet nothings, or even threats. He just says.... "you can trust me. I am a villager too. "

Suddenly he vanishes, and Na'Vi is back in your lap.

You wake up in a cold sweat, shaking from this realistic dream/nightmare, when you are amazed to find in your hand a note, written on a prescription, tied to a cat collar. It says "If you want to learn more, post a picture of a black cat in the thread." You turn over the note and see a prescription for phenobarbital for some canine.

But then you fall asleep once more, back to dreams you can't remember, which all seem to revolve around cats and vet school and wheelchairs and whips. When you wake in the morning, there is no note, and no cat collar, but there are a number of small black hairs on your clothes!

Night 3 to DVMD:

You go to bed tonight reluctantly, part of you dreading to relive the previous night's creepy dream, but part of you wondering what might happen....

As you fall asleep you once again dream of Na'Vi, but tonight Na'Vi is not a black cat, but an awfully dark colored cat that some people might confuse for black, especially if they were colorblind. You are both purring blissfully. Then suddenly 2 pretty native birds of Aydindril fly into the room. One of them seems to have all sorts of bandages and braces on, as if the bird is constantly getting into trouble, and the other one smells vaguely of whiskey. As soon as Na'Vi sees the bird, once again that horrible transformation takes place and Na'Vi turns into a half-cat/half-old-man with a crane.
The two birds start attacking the old man. He doesn't defend himself, just looks at you plaintively as if to say "please tell them to stop". Suddenly the birds get distracted by some other things outside and fly away, and the man morphs back into a cat and tries to jump on your lap, but you are having none of that. You aren't allowing that creepy old cat back on your lap.

Still you wonder about the birds. Are they trustworthy....

Just like yesterday you wake from your dream, but this time find yourself holding a bag of doggie treats. Attached to the bag is a note. "If you trust the bandaged bird, post a picture of a bluejay, if you trust the whiskey bird, post a picture of a red robin. No one talks to old men anymore. I wish I could help you more".

You are mildly perplexed, and fall back asleep.

And again, like yesterday when you really wake up the next time, the treat bag is gone, there are no birds, cats, or old men, just a lot of really dark cat fur (but NOT black)....

Sweet dreams....

Night 4: blocked myself

Night 5: Devyn

As you fall asleep, you hear a sweet sound of rustling blinds, as a gently Zephyr enters the room. You fall directly asleep and start dreaming. A bottle of whiskey appears in your dream, and starts talking to you, as follows:

"My dearest Devyn;

I know you are wolf. Don't bother denying it. I am a sorcerer that can seer affiliation, message, and kill with consequences, and I have seer-ed you already.

You have 2 choices:
1) You can choose someone for me to kill when you wake up by quoting their message on thread and using the word sword in your message. This is a binding magical contract that means you will be beholden to me in the future to carry out an act on my behalf. It will probably be to vouch, or vote for someone, but I can't say exactly what it will be yet.
2) You can post a picture of a fist, which essentially is telling me to feck myself. If you do this, then I will have you outed by one of my groupmates - or myself, I haven't decided - and you will be lynched. I could choose to kill you instead, but I would rather save my kill, and just keep on looking for another wolf, and hopefully they will learn the lesson you did not.
3) Doing nothing is a default back to option 2.

Obviously I would like you to choose option 1 and work with me. To seal the deal, come and drink a shot of whiskey with me".

In the dream the bottle pours out a shot from its mouth, and you drink it down.

The bottle then resumes talking:

"Just so you will not forget our little conversation====>" and the bottle then proceeds to smash itself on your wrist, cutting your knuckles and dousing your hand in alcohol - what a waste..

You fall back asleep and start to dream of pit bulls and leprechauns. When you awaken, you find that your knuckles smell of cheap whiskey and are scratched and covered in blood. Your decision and perhaps your doom are at hand.

Night 6: DVMD

"You fall asleep content that your dreams have been normal for the last 2 nights, but lo and behold, you are back to crazy land....

As usual, your dream starts with Na'Vi and you both purring, but you do not let Na'Vi in your lap anymore. Na'Vi jumps down from a wheelchair, and catches 2 birds, and brings them 2 your. Looking up at your eyes pleading, you can tell that Na'Vi wants to have one, and is waiting for you to say which you prefer to keep around. You point to the red bird and say "I trust that one, don't eat it", You point to the blue one and say "you can have that one, I don't know anything about her". Na'Vi goes and eats the red one, even though you told her not to.

Instead of getting mad, because you are a patient cat trainer, you ask Na'Vi to answer your question.

Na'Vi did you understand me? Na'Vi nods "yes".
Na'Vi did you eat the wrong bird because you are color blind? Na'Vi just stares at you as if that is a stupid question.
Na'Vi did you purposely disobey me? Na'Vi starts to groom a very cute tail.
Na'Vi are you senile? Na'Vi nods "yes".

In the dream you roll your eyes, which is pretty much your default response to Na'Vi in these dreams. "Well, at least there was no harm done."

Tonight Na'Vi doesn't leave you any notes. He seems a bit embarassed by the whole episode, but before you fall back asleep he whispers "At least Jojo got the wrong info too!"

So now you know the mystery of messages sent to the wrong bird.

<to be continued>