Sword of Truth WW - GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Escalla you know I have questions about my bone pendants. So many questions.

Your bone pendant protected you from any magical interference. Except the Dream Walker. So anything else would have been ineffective. Shota's dreams, Nicci's maternity spell, Kahlan's confessor power, etc.

Everyone else, it had different effects. If they didn't get to perform an action often, they got another (which DVMD used). Some got messages to Richard, some just were guaranteed an item. WTF had blocking protection, which was unique as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
@Escalla .....what was the point of FFM's role other than to torture him as usual.
I wanna give him a plain vanilla seer role one game, no one will believe and lynch him right away. :laugh:

I like putting weak seers into games. In reality, their information doesn't tell you much at all, but it's something there to think about. Mostly it was there to be a check for any claims that the wolves decided to pull out. They knew about it long before they had to make a claim so were able to avoid it, but it provided an opportunity to catch someone making a false claim as being gifted or not gifted.

Night 7 : DVMD

You head to bed actually starting to look forward to your dreams. It is getting kind of fun to get in touch with your inner cat psychosis. Better than grumpy cat anyway.

You quickly fall asleep, and Na'Vi has a friend with him today. You see the following scene in your dream:

f7bee0e02a005626712313774afed69d-d5p3qm3.jpg

"Why is there a Panda with your cat" you wonder?
Being an inquiring scientific mind you talk to Na'Vi:
"Who is your friend Na'Vi?"
"Anna the Prelate" he responds.
"why is here in my dream?" you inquire.
"Because I want you to understand him. He seems to be misunderstood".

Na'Vi takes you by the hand and you follow the panda as he checks out a MAD person with a magical magic indicator. It seems that the panda has checked this person once before, but is trying again.

You understand what Anna does now. But still you are perplexed over what Anna has done in the past, but so is Na'Vi, and so is Anna, and so is Anna's recently deceased friend.

You want to see the results of Anna's investigation, but you wake up suddenly.

You are really annoyed. This was a very unfulfilling dream. You decide to head back to sleep and remember someone talking about "sucking" earlier in the day. <the rest of this dream has been redacted due to violations of TOS>

Pleasant dreams.

Night 8 : WTF
You fall asleep and immediately start a very weird dream....you are in the pathology lab when suddenly an IG walks and starts telling you how to do necrosis, but everything he is saying is wrong.
then you realize that he is not talking about necrosis at all in that strange way that dreams morph.
Finally he makes some sort of sense......and you remember.....

"I have just read the thread and I think you got it right. That panda must be a wolf. It explains the willow message, it explains the dream walking thing. I am going gonna lynch him tomorrow. And just so you remember my message when you wake up, here is a stuffed virus toy to play with...."

Then the IG changes color and starts licking your face as the dream ends.... You wake up violently thinking what a strange dream, and you wipe your face and it is covered in slobber. Then you look at your other hand, and it has a very cool replication of a virus stuffed and furry....

Then you start dreaming of replicating viruses...and other unmentionable stuff.

Night 9 : to Jojo

Jojo, you go to sleep and quickly fall to dreaming.
You see a little IG dog sitting patiently at a table waiting for food:

begging-at-the-table.jpg

And it keeps on waiting...

And waiting...

All his friends have been fed, but he is still waiting....

Finally he has had enough.... he gives up.
Man%20throwing%20papers.jpg

He is ready to convert...

TotalImageConverter150x200.jpg

To be at your command:

by_your_command____by_brucewhite-d4cjmuh.jpg

Suddenly you wake up... and you remember you have a dream with dogs, and cylons, paper and software, but you have no idea what it all means...

Then you look in your hand and you have a dog toy...... a plush wolf... Where did that come from?
Screen+Shot+2013-10-04+at+12.53.22+PM.png

Pleasant dreams...

Night 10 : Blocked to MJ

You fall asleep, unconcerned with the utter mayhem that is occurring around you. Suddenly Bright Impressio shows up in your dream. WTF? Why is she here. She picks up an foam football and throws it at your head. She gives you a very disapproving look and disappears.

Then STL shows up in your dream and takes out a gun. You beg him you are innocent, but he doesn't seem to care, and he pulls the trigger. You are hit..... with water.....some of it gets in your eye and it is very irritating. That is not plain water, STL is a cruel, cruel, person. STL sneers at you and walks off the set.

Next LIS shows up. He is riding a wheelchair, gets up very slowly, grabs his cane and then starts hitting you over the head with it. The cane has little studs in it and every time he hits you, a new spot starts to bleed. Finally he yells "Get off my lawn", farts, and disappears.

There is a lull in your dream, and your terror starts to subside. Maybe you can get back to dreaming about women in tight leather now, but no, your night is not over. JDH71 then shows up, and as usual, he is serious. He takes out a semi-automatic weapon and starts firing, not water, not foam, but really freaking bullets. You dodge left, right, and finally you jump into your den to get away from him. He sets up a tent and says "I can survive out here for days. I will just wait you out."

Finally, DocEspana shows up in your Den while JDH is waiting outside, and he is carrying a notebook. He starts it up and loads up good old Microsoft Excel. He has dozens of spreadsheets. He starts lecturing you ad nauseum about how effective they are, and how nothing escapes his notice, and guarantees, and stimulations, simulations, and such. With everything that has gone on all night, this is the final straw. You can't take it... You confess. You admit everything. All the details. Wolfspeaker shows up. Why? Because who else would you speak to? She has been away from WW a long time, and as you talk she starts to take offense to the way you say everything. She starts arguing with you. You just want it to stop.... Then she winks, and takes the sheets that you have been writing. "Everything looks in order. That should do. That should do very nicely. " And then she disappears, and DocE stops talking, and JDH packs up his tent and goes home, and then it is silent.

You enter another REM cycle and start to dream of babes in Hot Tubs. This is more like it. Then one of the babes turns into SOV and he takes the sheets you have confessed upon, and thumb tacks them to your forehead. "DO THE RIGHT THING" he says.

You wake up suddenly. It was too much. Babes in hot tubs have been ruined for eternity. You will forever think of SOV in a speedo now. THAT is not something you easily forget. You want to go back to sleep but your head hurts a little, and something is dripping in your eye. You reach up to your head and realize the dream is reality. There is a thumb tack on your head, and a tiny little note that says "Do the right thing. Unburden your soul".

You do NOT go back to sleep. You do not pass go. You do not collect $200.00. All you do is pray that you will die before you sleep again.

You know what to do.

Night 11: to WTF.
You fall asleep peacefully tonight, comfortable for once, thankfully seeing a wolf hanging from the gallows. In your dreams you are in the pathology lab doing a necropsy. You suspect your "patient" has died of heart trouble, so you decide to cut open the heart. You get your banana (it is a dream after all) and start cutting open the body. You get a pair of barbecue tongs to cut through the ribs, and then remove the heart with a huge pair of chopsticks and put it on a Ouija board. Suddenly the heart starts spelling something out. You watch spellbound as the heart starts spelling... .S....A.....V.......E.......M........E..... over and over again.

You reach into your draw full of assorted instruments you use, and pull out a dentist's mirror, stab the heart, and out pops seven living tumors. They aren't normal tumors, but tumors that walk and talk.

You KNOW you have to identify these tumors... your life may depend on it.
You consult the handy tumor grading chart hanging on the wall.

The first tumor looks completely healthy, and has all sorts of ink marks on it. You think it is quite good looking. You consult the chart and it is a wTf.1 tumor. You put that one gently aside. You might want to transplant that one as it is so wonderful in your eyes.

You examine the next tumor, and it is completely nasty looking. Oozing blood, and pus, and all sorts of grotesquities. You can't even stand to look at it. You just want to smash it up in little pieces, and then burn it, and then bury the ashes deep, deep in a hole. You try not to inhale as you check the chart and see it is a JoJoJobox tumor, a nasty malignancy if you have ever seen one. . You quickly put it in the biowaste container and light some incense.

You pick a much plumpier tumor next. It seems a little old and wrinkly, but still pink and healthy. You consult your chart it is an SoVVoS tumor. Benign.

There are 3 tumors left, and they are kind of all messed up together. It is hard to tell which one is the source of all the detritus, and nasty materials. You can't quite separate them but one is black and white, one of them seems to have a grumpy face on, and one of them just seems to be spouting garbage like a little geyser. You ID them as the dVMd-:< tumor, the PANDAffm tumor, and the MJMJMJMJMJ tumor.

You hold up the mass of 3 tumors and examine it every which way you can. You try poking it with a pencil, squishing it with a fly swatter, batting it with a hockey stick, and even cooking it in the microwave, but you still can't figure it out.

Finally, you get a phone call...apparently some hunk from the exotics department has invited you to take his family's G-V to Paris and have dinner on the Seine. Screw this you think. You take the whole mass of 3 tumors, stick it in the garbage disposal in the sink and grind it to death.

You throw your gloves in the sink, rip off your gown, and get ready to get down (or go down, it is hard to tell).

As you are walking out of the lab in the dream, you remember thinking, if only a 3-way death was as easy as a 3-way in life, all your problems would be solved. :eek:

You move on to new dreams, and when you get up in the morning, you have a strange fascination with your garbage disposal. You keep on stuffing objects in there and grinding them away compulsively. It is going to be a loooong day.

Night 12 to DVMD:

You are so exhausted from the days events that you head right to bed and enter a deep sleep. In it, you are happy to see Na'Vi has once again come to visit you.

Na'Vi grabs your arm with her velvetted paw and magically transports you somewhere else. There you see 2 kitties in camoflauge:

254.gif.pagespeed.ce.FF-mIYgwTA.gif

Na'Vi sniffs her nose at the 2 kitties and you know they must be the wolves you are looking for....

Na'Vi then takes you to the present, and you get to see the wolf attack in progress...

1264505362_cat-fight.gif

Na'Vi just wants you all to be friends...

giphy.gif

Na'Vi doesn't know who the wolf is, but he is happy to have shared his dreams..

giphy.gif

Sweet Dreams.

Members don't see this ad :)
and @WildZoo had good timing with giving pendants to WTF. She received blocking protection 2/3 times the wolves tried to block her (the only successful time was when they had the agiel).

The Sword of Truth provided WTF with one kill avoidance. So @thedrjojo could have killed her at any time after that no-kill night, but I think he was too nervous to potentially waste a night finding out.

:naughty:

1) If MJ died, DVMD would no longer be confessed. How would you do this? Kill MJ while blocking DVMD. She wouldn't have been able to save him and with his death would be free.

2) Yes, he was blocked with the agiel once. UFO used it on him on N6 when he tried to seer devyn (Cyndia was doing the killing, which WTF saw). She knew she had knocked him out, so why the myth of being unblockable was perpetuated I'm not sure.

3) She would see you sending dreams, but @WhtsThFrequency was no ordinary tracker. I gave her bits of info to clue into roles and she would have seen affiliation through hints as well. She was in fact, the only seer in the game.
Interesting. Thanks. I never thought of blocking DVMD to kill MJ. Cool.

And I guess I am lucky WTF didnt track me!

I'm glad that you guys found it difficult. That really was my goal.....

I tried to do a lot that was different.

I think I liked the really low ratio of wolves to villagers and the one anytime conversion. It makes them work harder. :D

and just one last correction...

While swings was a back-up to FFM in regards to prelate, she was the key to the Rada'Han. Had she become prelate, she would have had it for her own use. With her death the Rada'Han would join as an item.

So when swings died really had quite an effect on the game as people started to piece together that the Rada'Han played a part in defeating Rojo.

Thanks for playing guys. I had a lot of fun modding this one. I hope you enjoyed yourselves through the frustration!

Reactions: 2 users
and just one last correction...

While swings was a back-up to FFM in regards to prelate, she was the key to the Rada'Han. Had she become prelate, she would have had it for her own use. With her death the Rada'Han would join as an item.

So when swings died really had quite an effect on the game as people started to piece together that the Rada'Han played a part in defeating Rojo.

Thanks for playing guys. I had a lot of fun modding this one. I hope you enjoyed yourselves through the frustration!
frustration is part of the fun.
Although I enjoyed "complaining" how unfair it was that the wolves converted MJ. So unfair!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was practically wearing a neon sign that said "CONVERT ME" on it. I think rojo decided his sanity was more important than having a wolf that could hold two villagers hostage. Which I could totally do btw, you guys actually would have had to lynch me three times to kill me, that wasn't BS. What WAS BS was that I could convert immediately after my guard died- I couldn't convert until my silence wore off, so you guys might've gotten me after two lynches anyway.

What WAS BS was that I could convert immediately after my guard died- I couldn't convert until my silence wore off, so you guys might've gotten me after two lynches anyway.

No, you stated that you would be silenced and could convert after that, so I think we all knew we could lynch you on 2 lynches.

WTF, MJ and swings couldn't be converted.

Thankfully. hehe.

edit: and 98cats

Reactions: 2 users
I was practically wearing a neon sign that said "CONVERT ME" on it. I think rojo decided his sanity was more important than having a wolf that could hold two villagers hostage. Which I could totally do btw, you guys actually would have had to lynch me three times to kill me, that wasn't BS. What WAS BS was that I could convert immediately after my guard died- I couldn't convert until my silence wore off, so you guys might've gotten me after two lynches anyway.

I think the only reason he chose SOV was because I suggested the collaborative video and he wanted SOV in it. ;)

So it was your idea? Absolutely brilliant :D

Not exactly. I PM'd Jojo and told him I wanted a cameo. It was his idea to include multiple people. Call it collaborative vision. I think my sense of humor and Jojo's sense of humor fit well together.

...... not sure that's a good thing.

Reactions: 1 users
I think the only reason he chose SOV was because I suggested the collaborative video and he wanted SOV in it. ;)
His dream helped too. I was cracking up.

But I decided dvmd was too risky, fs was too obvious, and I wasn't sure if ffm was convertable and you only gave me 1 chance.

And yes, I was too conservative to try wtf again. That night I went all out; blocked wtf with the agiel, blocked WildZoo cause I figured it was the pendant that helped (I would have blocked the tracking of ffm if I had known I could though), and then killed her.

What was zedd's role

But I decided dvmd was too risky, fs was too obvious, and I wasn't sure if ffm was convertable and you only gave me 1 chance.

And yes, I was too conservative to try wtf again. That night I went all out; blocked wtf with the agiel, blocked WildZoo cause I figured it was the pendant that helped (I would have blocked the tracking of ffm if I had known I could though), and then killed her.

What was zedd's role
I had various abilities: 1) I could item track 2) I could put a death spell on someone for a day to silence them from PMs and posting on the thread 3) I could use Wizard's Fire and assassinate someone. Never got the chance to use it though :(

I had various abilities: 1) I could item track 2) I could put a death spell on someone for a day to silence them from PMs and posting on the thread 3) I could use Wizard's Fire and assassinate someone. Never got the chance to use it though :(
I wish you had been in the game longer, even without all those abilities, if only for your knowledge of the series!

What was zedd's role

Zedd had 3 spells he could use, 1 each night:

Tracer Clouds - for tracking items
Death spell - fake someone's death for a cycle
Wizard's Fire - 1x kill

I wish you had been in the game longer, even without all those abilities, if only for your knowledge of the series!
Haha, I was pretty bummed to be killed so early in a game that I was seriously pumped about. Oh well, it was fun to watch the confusion anyways :p

Thanks for the game, escalla and romoret!! It was fun.

I wasn't a wolf!
I did ask Cyndia if she wanted me to send any info to living wolves, but she said you guys already knew most of the roles and stuff. Plus the wolves were doing so well I thought I'd help villagers out more.

I had a grand plan to betray the dead villagers, but I don't think they trusted me enough to give me any good info. (I wouldn't have tried to ruin the game though, if anyone had been foolish enough to tell me vital villager info. Just enough betrayal to be entertaining.)

I did ask Cyndia if she wanted me to send any info to living wolves, but she said you guys already knew most of the roles and stuff. Plus the wolves were doing so well I thought I'd help villagers out more.

I had a grand plan to betray the dead villagers, but I don't think they trusted me enough to give me any good info. (I wouldn't have tried to ruin the game though, if anyone had been foolish enough to tell me vital villager info. Just enough betrayal to be entertaining.)
i think the low ratio of wolves made everyone thing the wolves were doing so well. I was found out really early in the game, and I was concerned that I was going to have to convert my one time conversion with like 13-14 people still in the game.

:bullcrap:

@Escalla
What was Willow's role all about? Why didn't she get revived / cause chaos?
Lol. Unless I misunderstood my PM, I got to help the villagers or wolves, whoever was more entertaining in the Underworld. We had our own PM conversation (with twenty-something people) to strategize, and I could send a 7 word message every other night to a living person.

I was sad that the people who could PM with dead people got killed fairly early, so then we were limited to my 7-word messages.

Lol. Unless I misunderstood my PM, I got to help the villagers or wolves, whoever was more entertaining in the Underworld. We had our own PM conversation (with twenty-something people) to strategize, and I could send a 7 word message every other night to a living person.

I was sad that the people who could PM with dead people got killed fairly early, so then we were limited to my 7-word messages.
who could talk to the dead?

i think the low ratio of wolves made everyone thing the wolves were doing so well. I was found out really early in the game, and I was concerned that I was going to have to convert my one time conversion with like 13-14 people still in the game.
Yeah, that's true. I thought the villagers were losing badly so I wasn't going to help the wolves too much. I ended up not really doing much anyway, because I didn't have very useful info. If I'd known the villagers weren't losing that badly, I probably would have sent a message or two to help the wolves.
who could talk to the dead?
Devyn. I'm not sure if anyone else could.

I debated Banelings, but I think that would have caused too much distraction. Looking back, I think I would have.

Thanks for the fun game Escalla and Romo!

I debated Banelings, but I think that would have caused too much distraction. Looking back, I think I would have.
Has there been a WW game where the dead never really die, they just become ghosts or zombies or something? So they can still strategize, but they lose their abilities and don't count like living players do in wolves/villagers numbers? I don't know if that would be fun or annoying...

Has there been a WW game where the dead never really die, they just become ghosts or zombies or something? So they can still strategize, but they lose their abilities and don't count like living players do in wolves/villagers numbers? I don't know if that would be fun or annoying...

SOV had a game where that happened. They just lost their abilities.

They also cast lynch votes along with the living, essentially controlling the lynch because their votes decided it and the living were only the tiebreaker.

I liked it. :D

They also cast lynch votes along with the living, essentially controlling the lynch because their votes decided it and the living were only the tiebreaker.

That's was one of the few games I lived until the end. I guess people figured I couldn't be silenced by killing me

Cool! Someday when I have free time I'll go back and read the thread. :)

Thanks mods. I needed this game to ease the pain of jdh's game.

The role was definitely frustrating. A beta seer !