Temple letters are coming! Did you get it?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xtiffyx

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Temple letters are being sent out this week! Please, as you recieve rejection/acceptance/waiting list letters, let everyone know and share your stats (GPA, PCATS, experience etc)! I'm also curious to know what an acceptance letter look likes; does it come in a regular envelope or what? I want to know so when my letter comes, I know what to expect by looking at it lol. Thanks :D

Members don't see this ad.

xtiffyx said:
The Temple letters are being sent out this week! Please, as you recieve rejection/acceptance/waiting list letters, let everyone know and share your stats (GPA, PCATS, experience etc)! I'm also curious to know what an acceptance letter look likes; does it come in a regular envelope or what? I want to know so when my letter comes, I know what to expect by looking at it lol. Thanks :D

Yeah, anxious as heck too. I don't know about this year's aceptance letters but one of the pharmacy students says that his acceptance letter came in a regular envelope but probably much more thicker.

I'm really anxious about whether I'm accepted or not too. :scared: So far, every pharmacy school has sent me rejected me despite the fact I have a 3.79 GPA and a 83 on the PCAT. I know I have no pharmacy experience but I'm currently doing chemical undergraduate research and I have a variety of volunteer experience but it's been a real downer to get rejected by almost every school. Hopefully, Temple will accept me this year.

How do you know that the letters are being sent this week? Did you call this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
they swear the letters will be out by end of this week. As per my experience last year, the acceptance letter should be arrived in regular letter envelope but will be significantly thicker since it has all the informational stuff that you have to fill out, and also for you to go over. If you guys happend to missed my tour, you will get 3 types of response.

1. Provisional Acceptace
- Finish all your pre-reqs before maticulation
- pay your security deposit within 21 days of the date of your letter.
- attend August orientation.
- if you missed any of these without informing the admission office, your acceptace will be dropped without notification.

2. Alternative Acceptace
- waiting list

3. Rejection

Good luck everyone.

RUN DMV said:
Yeah, anxious as heck too. I don't know about this year's aceptance letters but one of the pharmacy students says that his acceptance letter came in a regular envelope but probably much more thicker.

I'm really anxious about whether I'm accepted or not too. :scared: So far, every pharmacy school has sent me rejected me despite the fact I have a 3.79 GPA and a 83 on the PCAT. I know I have no pharmacy experience but I'm currently doing chemical undergraduate research and I have a variety of volunteer experience but it's been a real downer to get rejected by almost every school. Hopefully, Temple will accept me this year.

Wow, I can't believe you didn't get accepted. This discourages me be/c my GPA is only a 3.48 and my PCAT was only an 82 composite. However, I do have some pharmacy experience. What schools rejected you? Did they say why?

kwakster928 said:
they swear the letters will be out by end of this week. As per my experience last year, the acceptance letter should be arrived in regular letter envelope but will be significantly thicker since it has all the informational stuff that you have to fill out, and also for you to go over. If you guys happend to missed my tour, you will get 3 types of response.

1. Provisional Acceptace
- if you missed any of these without informing the admission office, your acceptace will be dropped without notification.

2. Alternative Acceptace
- waiting list

3. Rejection

Good luck everyone.

Kwakster...I noticed that you are a Muhlenberg College Alumni. To me this shows that Temple really is taking a lot of people that already have degrees. If I knew that from square one, I would have pursued one first. I think pharmacy schools, especially Temple where you have to reaply into the actual pharm school, misslead us by saying it is a 2 + 4 program. Apparently its turning into a 4 +4. I'm pretty convinced that I am not getting in, so now I have to start pursuing a bachelors in bio and retake the bios and maths becuase the ones I took don't count for anything but pre-pharm. I am so frustrated!!! :mad: What are your thoughts on this. What do you have a degree in?

kwakster928 said:
....you will get 3 types of response.
1. Provisional Acceptace
..etc...

The only kind of response I cared about is the one I got. I'm in! I don't have to move to Wilkes-Barre!

Good luck and best wishes to everyone! See you in the fall, y'all.

Well, it's official. I'VE BEEN ACCEPTED TO TEMPLE THIS YEAR!!! :D

Man, it's been a long year with all of the waiting and the hoping. I only applied to 5 pharmacy schools this year, Temple, USP, Duquesne University, University of Pittsburgh and Rutgers. And I have been rejected by every one of those schools except Temple. It's been nerve-wracking to my head with every rejection letter and Temple was my last hope. Either I was accepted or I was going to have to apply again for next year.

Good luck to everyone who applied to Temple, hopefully I'll see you guys this August 12 at orientation.

Congrats Everyone!!!!! Welcome Collegues! See you guys in August!

Hey all! First I want to extend congrats to BTB and RUN DMV!!!
Second-I am so nervous right now, I feel like I am going to be sick.
I didn't get anything yesterday and I live 20 minutes outside Philly so I know I shouldn't have done this-but I called this morning to find out if all the letters were sent out yesterday...and I was told that they were sent out by rank.
What in the world does that mean??? I am starting to think the worst and not to sound alarmist, but that rank means first letters go out to the people they've accepted, followed by waitlist, followed by rejection. I hope I am wrong and I will know soon enough. Those of you that also have not received any notification yet...take heart...I just live so damn close to the city that I am panicking here and I am sorry if I am causing anyone undo stress.

exliontamer said:
Hey all! First I want to extend congrats to BTB and RUN DMV!!!
Second-I am so nervous right now, I feel like I am going to be sick.
I didn't get anything yesterday and I live 20 minutes outside Philly so I know I shouldn't have done this-but I called this morning to find out if all the letters were sent out yesterday...and I was told that they were sent out by rank.
What in the world does that mean??? I am starting to think the worst and not to sound alarmist, but that rank means first letters go out to the people they've accepted, followed by waitlist, followed by rejection. I hope I am wrong and I will know soon enough. Those of you that also have not received any notification yet...take heart...I just live so damn close to the city that I am panicking here and I am sorry if I am causing anyone undo stress.

Don't worry, you can't stress me out any more than I already am! Don't worry too much because you can still get it tomorrow. I think your right though, they do send out the acceptance letters first, then waiting list, then rejection. I'm for 10 or lower on the waiting list :)

I AM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: Good Luck to all!!!

so far 2/2 for people i gave a tour to. i must be a lucky charm. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow. I am so nervous too. I didnt get anything yet either, maybe saturday. So the envelope is small but thick? If I dont get it by saturday does that mean rejection?Did anyone else get in? Those who got in what was your GPA and what degress did you have, if you dont mind saying :)

VictoriaRx said:
Wow. I am so nervous too. I didnt get anything yet either, maybe saturday. So the envelope is small but thick? If I dont get it by saturday does that mean rejection?Did anyone else get in? Those who got in what was your GPA and what degress did you have, if you dont mind saying :)

I don't think it necesarily means that if you don't get it by saturday you are rejected. Look at me, just yesterday morning I was convinced I was rejected and then 5 hours later I got my acceptance letter. Where do you live? I only live 20 minutes outside the city so it only takes a day for the mail to get here.
In answer to your question:
3.8 scienge gpa
3.9 prereq
3.55 overall
85% PCAT (with a really bad quant score)
receiving BA in history in about 2 weeks-just finished my thesis today actually

Good luck and if you have any other questions PM me.

VictoriaRx said:

Yeah, they send you a regular shaped envelope but it's thick with all of the paperwork folded.

Basically, I was majored in Materials Engineering at Drexel University and had a 3.1 GPA but transfered to Temple last year Spring 2004 to study pre-pharm after I became sick of Drexel and engineering.

At Temple, I improved my GPA to currently 3.79 and I have an 83 composite on the PCAT. I have no pharmacy experience but at Drexel, I had a co-op working as a lab technician at Cognis. I taught 5th and 6th graders for Junior Achievement Program as a freshman. Currently, i am doing undergraduate reserch for my chemistry professor for credits. And the only volunteer experience I have is socializing with animals at an animal shelter.

I don't know how important pharmacy experience is for acceptance, but I didn't have any and was still accepted. I guess it all's about how you can make yourself stand out from the other applicants. I have a lot of different science experiences such as research and work and I think that helps. Also, it's good to know your professors very well. Not only can they just write a good letter of recommendation but they can give you access to many science opportunities. Right now, I've been accepted to do summer research at Stony Brook University even though I sent my application a week after the deadline all because my professor had connection over there.

Well, good luck to everyone on getting accepted to Temple and congratualtions to everyone accepted.

alright Im in too! See you guys august~~

that's now 3 for 3! You guys should start paying me. hehehe :smuggrin:

Hey,
Did you recieve anything on Saturday? I didn't, I am really worried. I was wondering when was your interview may be that has something to do with it. Mine was on March 1st. I got in to MCPHS but I didnt send the deposit yet cause I really want to go to Temple. Lol. Good luck

Victoria

VictoriaRx said:
Hey,
Did you recieve anything on Saturday? I didn't, I am really worried. I was wondering when was your interview may be that has something to do with it. Mine was on March 1st. I got in to MCPHS but I didnt send the deposit yet cause I really want to go to Temple. Lol. Good luck

Victoria

I haven't received it anything yet too! My interview was on April 18. When I called last week they told me that all letters were mailed out on Wednesday April 27. I live in NJ and it's only 2 1/2 hours away...

Anyway, I was also accepted at Northeastern U. in Boston and Long Island U. in New York. I only sent my deposit for Northeastern because it was due late last month.

Good luck

They also told my friend that all the letters were mailed out on wednesday, but thats actually a lie i think they got annoyed with so many people calling all the time, I called on friday and first explained who I was because I got along really good with the ladies in the office during my interview and she remembered me and all, then I asked her if my letter had been sent and she said no it has not and she said ull have it at the lastest by next friday, and then i asked her if the letters were being sent out in any particular order and if all the acceptance letters had been sent out and she said no not at all and that there were plenty of accetpance letters that they have yet to even get too....So for everyone stressing about not getting a letter take it easy obviously there is still some hope, they just ended interviews last week so basically its a big mess at the school and there trying to get everything sorted out....My interview was March 4th so its been a long wait and if i get in the first thing I'm doing is going straight to the bar to celebrate and any1 else whose been waiting can def join me!!!

FJ11 said:
They also told my friend that all the letters were mailed out on wednesday, but thats actually a lie i think they got annoyed with so many people calling all the time, I called on friday and first explained who I was because I got along really good with the ladies in the office during my interview and she remembered me and all, then I asked her if my letter had been sent and she said no it has not and she said ull have it at the lastest by next friday, and then i asked her if the letters were being sent out in any particular order and if all the acceptance letters had been sent out and she said no not at all and that there were plenty of accetpance letters that they have yet to even get too....So for everyone stressing about not getting a letter take it easy obviously there is still some hope, they just ended interviews last week so basically its a big mess at the school and there trying to get everything sorted out....My interview was March 4th so its been a long wait and if i get in the first thing I'm doing is going straight to the bar to celebrate and any1 else whose been waiting can def join me!!!

Yeah, if I get in then me and my midget freak friend ryan will go to the bar with ya, lol.

Nothing came today,
anyone heard of rejection letters going out?
My interview was in Feb. and I was on the waiting list last year
was anyone else on the waiting list?

bacon said:
Nothing came today,
anyone heard of rejection letters going out?
My interview was in Feb. and I was on the waiting list last year
was anyone else on the waiting list?

I still haven't gotten anything either, were u waiting around like this last year for your letter?

no last year I think it was in March that I found out I was on the waiting list, so now that it is already May and I have not heard anything, I'm going crazy. I'm guessing this prolonged admission process is due to the addition of the PCAT's.
Everyday when I don't get a letter I know my chances are getting slim

:confused: :(

bacon said:
no last year I think it was in March that I found out I was on the waiting list, so now that it is already May and I have not heard anything, I'm going crazy. I'm guessing this prolonged admission process is due to the addition of the PCAT's.
Everyday when I don't get a letter I know my chances are getting slim

:confused: :(

What number were you on the waiting list?

xtiffyx said:
What number were you on the waiting list?

I don't know,
where you on the waiting list from last year?

did you hear yet?

Oh I see on the other thread you did get in.......Congrats!
BTW were you on the waiting list

I'm not on the waiting list but I'm just curious to see what number you were so I can get a feel of how many people they take off the list. If your anxious to get your letter, you can call them and ask if they at least sent it out yet. I did hear that a view people got rejections letter last week (but i dont know if thats true) so its possible that you could still be getting an acceptance letter since it seems like they aren't being sent out in any particular order.

Hey!! For those of you who have been granted admission, CONGRATS!! I'm sure you all deserve it. :clap:

I also have not received anything yet, but when I called Temple, they told me that yes, they were sending letters, but it is NOT in any type of order. People who did really badly on their interview were sent rejection letters already. I know three people who have been rejected!! The admission letters are not going out in any order, it just depends on when they're done with your folder. If they're not sure if you really deserve to get in then they set your folder aside for re-evaluation. 8 people are in charge of evaluations.

Another thing is that PCAT's ARE important!! But if you have a high GPA but your PCAT scores suck then Temple will take that into consideration, and vice-versa. Another thing that's been bothering me is that it seems like everyone who has gotten admission so far has a bachelor's degree!! I'm really worried about that because I don't have any type of bachelor's degree!! I'm 19 and I'll have my Associate's in Science in June and I'm a Nationally certified Pharmacy Technician, but that's it!! :eek:

But that's not even all I'm worried about; I haven't finished taking all my pre-requisites. I'll be done at the end of this summer!! Is this a bad thing?? :confused: I need to take all the dumb electives so I’m more of a “well-rounded” student: :rolleyes: art, music, intellectual heritage 1 and 2, history, etc.

Oh God, I'm so stressed out right now, :scared: from my standpoint I have NO reason to not get an admissions letter. I have 3.67 GPA; I scored in the 95th percentile on the PCATS. I got an A in both Organic 1 and 2 AND I had a really nice interviewer [Dr. Cannan-Baab], so I couldn't have failed that!! But the problem is that people whom I believe are better candidates than me have gotten rejection letters, which is making me worry A LOT!! I really think that getting into Temple's Pharmacy School is not based on your GPA, your PCATS, or your interview; it's just based on luck. So the REAL question is..how lucky are YOU?!?!

DMathew said:
Another thing that's been bothering me is that it seems like everyone who has gotten admission so far has a bachelor's degree!! I'm really worried about that because I don't have any type of bachelor's degree!! I'm 19 and I'll have my Associate's in Science in June and I'm a Nationally certified Pharmacy Technician, but that's it!! :eek:

I got accepted, and I only have an A.S. from a local community college. Don't give up hope just because of that. Your GPA and PCAT scores are really competitive. I'll cross my fingers for you.

I don't think PCAT is that important... I know a person with a 3.7 GPA, 57 PCAT, no degree and no pharmacy experience that got in last week. How? You tell me.

DMathew said:
Hey!! For those of you who have been granted admission, CONGRATS!! I'm sure you all deserve it. :clap:

I also have not received anything yet, but when I called Temple, they told me that yes, they were sending letters, but it is NOT in any type of order. People who did really badly on their interview were sent rejection letters already. I know three people who have been rejected!! The admission letters are not going out in any order, it just depends on when they're done with your folder. If they're not sure if you really deserve to get in then they set your folder aside for re-evaluation. 8 people are in charge of evaluations.

Another thing is that PCAT's ARE important!! But if you have a high GPA but your PCAT scores suck then Temple will take that into consideration, and vice-versa. Another thing that's been bothering me is that it seems like everyone who has gotten admission so far has a bachelor's degree!! I'm really worried about that because I don't have any type of bachelor's degree!! I'm 19 and I'll have my Associate's in Science in June and I'm a Nationally certified Pharmacy Technician, but that's it!! :eek:

But that's not even all I'm worried about; I haven't finished taking all my pre-requisites. I'll be done at the end of this summer!! Is this a bad thing?? :confused: I need to take all the dumb electives so I’m more of a “well-rounded” student: :rolleyes: art, music, intellectual heritage 1 and 2, history, etc.

Oh God, I'm so stressed out right now, :scared: from my standpoint I have NO reason to not get an admissions letter. I have 3.67 GPA; I scored in the 95th percentile on the PCATS. I got an A in both Organic 1 and 2 AND I had a really nice interviewer [Dr. Cannan-Baab], so I couldn't have failed that!! But the problem is that people whom I believe are better candidates than me have gotten rejection letters, which is making me worry A LOT!! I really think that getting into Temple's Pharmacy School is not based on your GPA, your PCATS, or your interview; it's just based on luck. So the REAL question is..how lucky are YOU?!?!

I don't think you need to worry, it seems like you're stats are competitive. I got in and I have no Bachelor's degree and pharmacy experience.

DMathew said:

With your stats and other credentials, i bet anything u'll get in.

DMathew said:

Don't worry! My gpa was only 3.48 and my pcat composite was only 82. I'm not even a certified pharm tech and I also don't have a bachelors degree. I'm also only 19. If i got accepted, then you should too!

I don't know why I'm worried, but I am!! It can't be helped!! When you hear of other people getting in, and you haven't heard anything. It's just natural to start worrying. And even if my grades are so called "competitive" then why was a girl at my school with a 4.0 GPA rejected?? :(

I don't know what Temple is basing their admissions on!! This one girl who was in my Organic 1 class got an acceptance letter yesterday!! I was really surprised!! She got a D in Organic 1 (!!) and is planning on taking both Organic 1 and 2 in the Summer. She scored in the 20th percentile on her PCATS (!!) and hasn't even taken any of the electives!! She said the only reason she got in was because her interviewer was Dr Cannan-Baab (that was MY interviewer too!!). and that Dr. Cannan-Baab writes really good evaluations and that everyone who is interviewed by her gets in...I don't want to be cynical, but if that's the case then WHERE'S MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER?!?! :laugh:

DMathew said:
I don't know why I'm worried, but I am!! It can't be helped!! When you hear of other people getting in, and you haven't heard anything. It's just natural to start worrying. And even if my grades are so called "competitive" then why was a girl at my school with a 4.0 GPA rejected?? :(

I don't know what Temple is basing their admissions on!! This one girl who was in my Organic 1 class got an acceptance letter yesterday!! I was really surprised!! She got a D in Organic 1 (!!) and is planning on taking both Organic 1 and 2 in the Summer. She scored in the 20th percentile on her PCATS (!!) and hasn't even taken any of the electives!! She said the only reason she got in was because her interviewer was Dr Cannan-Baab (that was MY interviewer too!!). and that Dr. Cannan-Baab writes really good evaluations and that everyone who is interviewed by her gets in...I don't want to be cynical, but if that's the case then WHERE'S MY ACCEPTANCE LETTER?!?! :laugh:

If what you say is true about that girl in your orgo class, then i really begin to question Temples motives as well. If people who gets Ds in orgo and in 20% in pcats gets in then where is the competitive edge at Temple or if any at all. It seems like anyone can just get into this school compared to other pharmacy schools.

DMathew said:

I remember someone telling me they knew some applicant who was rejected with a 4.0. It probably has to do with lousy interview or the fact that the applicant was a "gunner," someone who lives only to have the highest GPA. As for the girl with the D in organic, maybe it's just one course she's doing bad. For all we know she could be getting A's in everything else. But there's something wrong if she gets accepted with that low of a PCAT even if it's the first time Temple is using it.

DMathew said:
And even if my grades are so called "competitive" then why was a girl at my school with a 4.0 GPA rejected?? :(

I don't know what Temple is basing their admissions on!! This one girl who was in my Organic 1 class got an acceptance letter yesterday!! I was really surprised!! She got a D in Organic 1 (!!) and is planning on taking both Organic 1 and 2 in the Summer. She scored in the 20th percentile on her PCATS (!!) and hasn't even taken any of the electives!!

Lots of people with a 4.0 GPA get rejected, and the main reason why is because they totally bombed their interview by saying something completely out-of-line or by saying nothing at all.

As for the girl who got accepted with a D in Organic 2 and a 20 PCAT, it is just unbelievable. If you read other posts from other schools on this board, some people with A in Organic I and II and a 90+ on their PCAT are sometimes waitlisted or rejected!!! That girl must have some oustanding life, volunteer or work experience.

I don't think having Dr. Cannon-Babb as your interviewer is a shoe-in for having a good recommandation. I know some people with WAY WAY better stats than that girl who had Dr. Cannon-Babb as their interviewer, and they're still waiting...

Sometimes, I feel that Temple is drawing names out of a hat for acceptance... but hey just keep hoping, because your stats are very competitive. Good Luck! :thumbup:

DMathew said:

I had also heard from a P3 at my interview that Dr. Cannan-Baab was the best interviewer to get--more than likely you will get in. From your stats you should be fine. As for the girl with the 4.0 GPA--most likely rejected from a bad interview. Hang in there.

Did anyone ever have Dr.Speeker as their interviewer and if so does he write good recommendations becuase I had him and I never heard of anyone else having him. He is a professor at Temple.

i saw stacks of acceptance letters ready to be mailed out today. so it is still getting out to you guys. keep your fingers crossed.

Alright here's the latest, called today they told me that theres still 150 people that still have yet to be decided on, I dont know how many seats are left in the class (I'm sure they wouldn't have told me).... The waiting game continues onto week 3....any1 having fun yet?

This is killing me, again nothing came today, anyone get a letter recently?

I got my letter yesterday.

Whoo Hooo!!

Seriously thought I had a 1/100 chance after leaving the interview because of the stats Joan had told us. More apps , better applicants than last year.

It was my second time applying and pcats were not very good.

However I do believe the interview went well.

Last year I was wait listed..

Good Luck to the rest!

carlg said:
I got my letter yesterday.

Whoo Hooo!!

Seriously thought I had a 1/100 chance after leaving the interview because of the stats Joan had told us. More apps , better applicants than last year.

It was my second time applying and pcats were not very good.

However I do believe the interview went well.

Last year I was wait listed..

Good Luck to the rest!

I remember you from last year!! You finally made it Congrats!!!

Any one heard anything this week, rejection or acceptence. pls post your feedbacks, am just overwhelmed with panics for waiting this long.

pillconuter said:
Any one heard anything this week, rejection or acceptence. pls post your feedbacks, am just overwhelmed with panics for waiting this long.

No news yet, I'm still waiting. I've been waiting since last year since I was wait listed for '04 enrollment!
Can't stand it anymore :scared: