Temple Post Bacc ACMS 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This wait is taking too long!!! I keep stalking my email...

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
ACMS.

I received an email that my app was complete. This was on Jan 13. They also confirmed that they received my App/Fee on the 5th. I think the earlier you apply, the quicker your app is processed. Also, I hear people complaining about how no one picks up when they call. I called them earlier in the application cycle and they were very much available, polite and helpful. So, people interested in the program for next year, please apply ASAP! And the wonderful thing about the ACMS/BCMS program is that you can leverage your AMCAS application that you may have submitted to TUSM. No other post bacc allows you to streamline your application process in such a manner.

I think you are still pretty early in the app cycle. Hopefully, for the second round you will get in. Goodluck! :)
Hey! I applied to the ACMS program in January. I think that rejection letters are sent out last and interview invitations are sent out first. I have really bad stats. Do you mind sharing your stats?

Does anyone know if any interview invites have been sent out lately? Aren't they supposed to start the interviews in May for the ACMS program?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got these dates from their website:

May 2015 ACMS - Interview Day 1
June 2015 ACMS - Interview Day 2
June 2015 ACMS - Interview Day 3
July 2015 ACMS - Interview Day 4
July 2015 ACMS - Interview Day 5

So I guess one date in May only? I have been completed since February and I dont want to askt hem for an update. HAs anyone heard ANYTHING? good or bad?

So I guess one date in May only? I have been completed since February and I dont want to askt hem for an update. HAs anyone heard ANYTHING? good or bad?
I haven't heard anything...

When I went in for my interview in April, they said the committee was not going to be meeting until May 15th. So perhaps that's also when they were going to meet about who to invite for interviews in May? I wish you the best of luck!

Reactions: 1 users

Nothing but silence

Reactions: 1 user
Completed end of April but no interview invite yet. Has anyone else heard anything?

I received an email that my app was completed on feb 10 but have heard nothing yet.

anythin on the airwaves????
if there hasn't been any news back from them by now in may, can we assume there will still be interviews for this month? its the 20th and even if they came tomorrow, they only give you ten days to hop on a plane/get prepared and go? granted ill fly there tomorrow from the west coast if need be. i was just curious how long the time is from invite to actual interview...

When I went in for my interview in April, they said the committee was not going to be meeting until May 15th. So perhaps that's also when they were going to meet about who to invite for interviews in May? I wish you the best of luck!
Hey @lithiumiron, congrats on your interview! Could you let us know when you were complete/when you received the interview invite? Thanks!

Hey @lithiumiron, congrats on your interview! Could you let us know when you were complete/when you received the interview invite? Thanks!

No problem. My app was completed in February, and I received my interview invite back in March.

i was complete april 30, any april or may completes get an interview email yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all! Just posted this in the other thread, but thought I'd post here as well:

I'm a former post bac going to be an M1 this fall. If you've called the office to ask questions you've probably talked either with me or one of my classmates. Just wanted to post in here to address some common questions. First off, the program director is now Dr. Scott Shore. Second, if your application is complete, you could hear back at any point over the summer. Don't assume that if you applied early in the cycle you've already been passed over. Finally. if you submitted a 2015 AMCAS to Temple, we will have access to your LOR's, transcripts and MCAT scores, but will still need a resume, SAT/ACT scores, and an sGPA calculator. Hope this helps!

Reactions: 8 users
I was debating back and forth about whether it is worth it to send an app to this program so late. Program seems great but I'm saving the app fee at this point. From past threads it sounds like there is a very high interview/acceptance ratio and they appear very selective in granting interviews. Good luck, everyone.

Do you have to take the mcat to apply to this program? seems like an excellent program to be in

Nope, not a requirement.

But is it true that u are at a disadvantage if u did not take the mcat? I see them accepting many students with good mcat scores...why would they accept someone that has not taken it yet versus someone else that did?

But is it true that u are at a disadvantage if u did not take the mcat? I see them accepting many students with good mcat scores...why would they accept someone that has not taken it yet versus someone else that did?

Maybe. Nobody knows for certain. They definitely do accepted people that have not taken the MCAT tho. Perhaps these students are exception in other areas.

If you haven't taken the pre-req courses for med school, the BCMS is a great option. They recently removed the MCAT requirement completely. So if you are accepted into BCMS, you will get into med school in 1 year, you only need to maintain a certain GPA. It is a better deal that ACMS, all things considered. But if you have already taken the MCAT you are have to apply ACMS.

Maybe. Nobody knows for certain. They definitely do accepted people that have not taken the MCAT tho. Perhaps these students are exception in other areas.

If you haven't taken the pre-req courses for med school, the BCMS is a great option. They recently removed the MCAT requirement completely. So if you are accepted into BCMS, you will get into med school in 1 year, you only need to maintain a certain GPA. It is a better deal that ACMS, all things considered. But if you have already taken the MCAT you are have to apply ACMS.

finished all pre-reqs, therefore = ACMS. It's just disturbing to see applicants for this program applying with scores good enough to apply traditionally...not giving others a chance.
That's why i assumed that maybe not taking the mcat would be a disadvantage - since others are applying with competitive scores good enough to apply direct entry.

finished all pre-reqs, therefore = ACMS. It's just disturbing to see applicants for this program applying with scores good enough to apply traditionally...not giving others a chance.
That's why i assumed that maybe not taking the mcat would be a disadvantage - since others are applying with competitive scores good enough to apply direct entry.
According to SDN anecdotes from the past... people have been rejected for having stats that are too high (eg. 3.8 and 35). Could just be a rumor though.

I'm feeling nervous here, this was the only post bac I applied to this year because I didn't take the mcat yet (scheduled for this September)
All the other programs I looked up required mcat. This is my only shot for this year.. It's an ideal program! Boost my sub par GPA and get mcat prep. Temple's reputation is outstanding and to be an alum from there would be great! Best of luck to you all

I'm feeling nervous here, this was the only post bac I applied to this year because I didn't take the mcat yet (scheduled for this September)
All the other programs I looked up required mcat. This is my only shot for this year.. It's an ideal program! Boost my sub par GPA and get mcat prep. Temple's reputation is outstanding and to be an alum from there would be great! Best of luck to you all

I'm on the same page as you. mine is scheduled for August, which i indicated on the application. Just hope they won't overlook us for not taking it yet...:scared:

hey guys, i am also patiently sitting to hear back, as tom petty says, "the waiting is the hardest part" ;) my 4th LOR guy said he was done, so i am probably going to have him send it in on tuesday, can't hurt i guess.. i called admissions and some nice girl named Brie answered and said i could send them the LOR.. hope it helps my chances ! good luck to all waiting

I cannot believe people are still submitting applications. Is this program rolling admissions? I was complete in February and waiting for the II

Received the complete e-mail on April 15. No word back as of yet. Would've applied earlier but I didn't know about this program until I got rejected from the med school lol. Would love to go to Temple. Best of luck to everyone!

I cannot believe people are still submitting applications. Is this program rolling admissions? I was complete in February and waiting for the II

pretty sure it is rolling admissions.

I sent them an email today and got this:

Your application is currently in the hands of the application committee and is undergoing review. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications and the schedules of the admissions committee members, we cannot provide you with an accurate timeline. You will hear of any decision by email. Also, you may submit any additional materials you wish while you wait

So....more waiting. At least I am still in the running.

How many spots do you think they have left? Based on the Facebook group, it would seem that they have plenty left

I sent them an email today and got this:

Your application is currently in the hands of the application committee and is undergoing review. Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications and the schedules of the admissions committee members, we cannot provide you with an accurate timeline. You will hear of any decision by email. Also, you may submit any additional materials you wish while you wait

So....more waiting. At least I am still in the running.
I got the same email when I emailed them a few in early May.

How many spots do you think they have left? Based on the Facebook group, it would seem that they have plenty left
I bet only SDNers are on that Facebook group. So probably non-SDNer and people who don't use facebook won't be on it.

Me too I got the same email.am getting tired of waiting
Lets just assume we didnt get selected for an interview. At this point, I am just waiting for the rejection letter. They already started scheduling interviews for July 1st and those were sent out already.

Reactions: 2 users
Lets just assume we didnt get selected for an interview. At this point, I am just waiting for the rejection letter. They already started scheduling interviews for July 1st and those were sent out already.
I'm assuming you know someone who has received a July interview date. Would you mind sharing when he/she received the invite?

soooo...from previous years, if we didn't get anything by now does that really mean 100% rejection?

Hi everyone!
I realize that most people on here have applied early to the program... did anyone who applied closer to the deadline (mid-may or end-of-may) hear anything back yet?

Hi everyone!
I realize that most people on here have applied early to the program... did anyone who applied closer to the deadline (mid-may or end-of-may) hear anything back yet?
I did not hear back yet

i was complete end of january. looks like i'm not getting any love, lol

Just hears back and got invited for an interview! I've already put down my deposit at Georgetown though, don't know what to chose now! Any advice? The fact that med school is almost guaranteed here makes this decision even harder...

Just hears back and got invited for an interview! I've already put down my deposit at Georgetown though, don't know what to chose now! Any advice? The fact that med school is almost guaranteed here makes this decision even harder...
that's amazing - you should go for it!!!

Hey congrats! If you get accepted into both the choice is clear....Temple all the way. I had a friend do GTown and was not happy with it because of how cut throat the program was how expensive the area was.

Last edited:
Thanks for you advice! I hear that GTown might be the best choice if I want to go back to Florida for med school, and that Temple would be better because of the med school guarantee if you have a 3.5 or higher. I really want the option to coming back to Florida though, decisions :/

Would you mind sharing when your application was complete?

Go for it - they want you to succeed here.

I was already enrolled and taking classes at another post-bacc - paid >$1k in fees when a better option with a guarantee came up (Tulane ACP).

Will be canceling my interview 7/1, hope one of you gets it. :)

Go for it - they want you to succeed here.

I was already enrolled and taking classes at another post-bacc - paid >$1k in fees when a better option with a guarantee came up (Tulane ACP).

Will be canceling my interview 7/1, hope one of you gets it. :)

Tulane ACP has a guarantee?