Texas A&M c/o 2019 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay guys...we are roughly a month out...which means it's been almost a month since the interviews! We are halfway (probably) there!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
For current students, even though we still won't know for another month, is there any of the bigger purchases for vet school that you recommend us to start keeping our eyes out for or recommendations that you have of things to get done soon after letters come (either good or bad news of course)?

For current students, even though we still won't know for another month, is there any of the bigger purchases for vet school that you recommend us to start keeping our eyes out for or recommendations that you have of things to get done soon after letters come (either good or bad news of course)?

Uhhh...not that I can think of, really. I ended up spending a pretty penny on my Surface tablet, but it has been an amazing tool so far this semester and I really wish I had purchased it before school started. It would be been really helpful to have last semester! So...I guess some kind of computer/tablet if you're into that kind of note-taking style. As for myself, I've become a hardcore OneNote fan. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I just wanted to check something. (I've not posted here yet, but I hadn't known it existed until a little bit ago, haha) Anyways, is our old confirmation page for the supplemental application supposed to be updated with our new information or at this point is it just the TMDSAS page that is updated and then in a month (so close, yay!) we just hear about admissions decisions?
Thanks!

Hey guys, I just wanted to check something. (I've not posted here yet, but I hadn't known it existed until a little bit ago, haha) Anyways, is our old confirmation page for the supplemental application supposed to be updated with our new information or at this point is it just the TMDSAS page that is updated and then in a month (so close, yay!) we just hear about admissions decisions?
Thanks!

I don't think the supplemental application portal was ever updated for me. Nor was the TMDSAS portal for that matter. Though I honestly don't think I checked either after I received my interview, since I'd always heard you just receive your decision via snail mail.

I don't think the supplemental application portal was ever updated for me. Nor was the TMDSAS portal for that matter. Though I honestly don't think I checked either after I received my interview, since I'd always heard you just receive your decision via snail mail.

So under their timeline on the admissions page it says that decisions are made mid-March. Is this the same date that it said for the class of 2018? I know that y'all found out early in March (I have several friends in the ℅ 2018 so it was a really exciting time haha), but is that the same date y'all were told and you found out earlier than told? Based on previous threads, it's been hard to tell when we'll find out since the classes of 2016 and 2017 found out in February.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I think they've historically said Mid-March. They told us Mid-March, too. I think there was one year that the class did receive decisions at the end of Spring Break. But, as you can see from past threads, decisions typically go out end of February or first week of March. It'll be here before you know it!

Reactions: 1 users
This is so annoying. I interviewed out of state and found out I got in a week later. Hurry up A&M!!!

Also the student worker who answers the phones told me that its always delayed because they are waiting on transcripts and recalculating grades. A&M seems like the only school that does that

This is so annoying. I interviewed out of state and found out I got in a week later. Hurry up A&M!!!
Congrats. At least you know you got accepted to vet school(s). I only applied to A&M and feel frustrated now. I dreamed about the result a couple times. Feel like crazy. :confused:

Also the student worker who answers the phones told me that its always delayed because they are waiting on transcripts and recalculating grades. A&M seems like the only school that does that

I'm not sure if they told every interview group this, but they said that transcripts are the determining factor in how long it takes. TMDSAS calculates all the GPAs except the last 45 hours, and I think that's why it takes so long. Based on the previous three classes, I think February 20th - the weekend after the first week in March should be when we can expect to hear. The Mid-March timeline just worries me because of the FAFSA recommended deadline, but regardless of what the letter says or when it comes, it'll be a sense of relief to just know what the next step is haha.

I'm in a similar boat, I have an OOS interview coming up, but since A&M is my first choice, I'd love to give someone else the interview spot if we were to hear back before then, but I can't see us finding out that soon.

Last edited:
Whoops, I jumped the gun! They just recently updated my GPAs on the supplemental application. (TMDSAS had already adjusted my GPAs, and now I looked again, just to see and the confirmation page has also updated with the GPAs) No interview scores, though I wasn't expecting that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey. Some ISers haven't even been granted interviews yet! I know it's difficult to wait. I mean, I know. But hopefully that puts it in perspective. :)

I wonder why they don't have every student listed. My information is not on that (pretty sure that's my class)...and I don't recall signing or not signing anything about releasing my info. Hmmm...

Ooh...Just realized that said Aggies. I guess they're only including traditional Aggie applicants who accepted. I say traditional because I graduated from A&M, but I was a non-trad student...though I was at A&M for my PhD at the time I applied...? Ah well.

During one of my obsessive episodes I found the entering class of 2014 stats...
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...kzNTc1NDQ2MjUxNDMBbHVPN2prQTdfdmdKATAuMQEBdjI

I don't know if anyone cares about this, but I was excited! Briefly. Until I remembered it's only February. :yeahright:

Thanks for the link! @epivetlove it looks like that might just be A&M undergrads that got accepted to vet school, since it's from the A&M undergrad pre-professional advising office...but super interesting nonetheless!

I'm so impatient! I want to know, this is my second time interviewing (fell into that nasty bottom 20% last time) and I'm just hoping to hear good news this year. I feel like my interview went far better than the first time! I got my letter around the first weekend in March last year if that helps any of you.

I was just going to chime in on the laptop conversation. I have a Fujitsu Lifebook Tablet that I have loved and used it with OneNote. I plan on upgrading to the Windows Surface Pro after I graduate. I prefer my tablet to the ipad because I use it for everything. I have textbooks, class notes, and everything else I need with me. Made studying very convenient. I didn't like the ipad for that, but a lot of people use them.

Oh and for class of 2015 acceptances went out mid-March, other classes have heard earlier than that. Just depends on how quickly they get everything done.

I was just going to chime in on the laptop conversation. I have a Fujitsu Lifebook Tablet that I have loved and used it with OneNote. I plan on upgrading to the Windows Surface Pro after I graduate. I prefer my tablet to the ipad because I use it for everything. I have textbooks, class notes, and everything else I need with me. Made studying very convenient. I didn't like the ipad for that, but a lot of people use them.

So I'm not a huge tablet person, and currently I have a Mac which I love and is going to be replaced before I start vet school, but so far I think everyone on here has said they use some form of PC. Are most of the programs better on PCs/only for PCs or do you think it would make a difference?

Oh and for class of 2015 acceptances went out mid-March, other classes have heard earlier than that. Just depends on how quickly they get everything done.

Do you remember if they told your class in time to get the FAFSA in? Besides just being anxious about this whole process haha, that's really my only concern about finding out that late.

And thanks su_grad2007 and EpiVetLove for all of your help, y'all are awesome! It's nice being able to talk to people who've done this before.

Hey @LivesintheLibrary, I don't know if this will help but I'm also applying to NCSU and even though their admission decisions for OOSers comes in before their March 1st deadline for FAFSA, they advised everyone to just send a FAFSA in anyways. Since FAFSA is also free and allows you to enter any Colleges/Universities you want, it doesn't hurt to do it before even if you don't get in. This is what they told us: "You should complete the FAFSA if you have applied to and/or are planning to attend (if accepted) any CVM or other graduate program, not just NC State, as all schools require this form to be considered for any type of financial assistance."
Hope this helps!

Thanks for the link! @epivetlove it looks like that might just be A&M undergrads that got accepted to vet school, since it's from the A&M undergrad pre-professional advising office...but super interesting nonetheless!

Wow, those statistics always make me laugh. I really brought down the averages...

So I'm not a huge tablet person, and currently I have a Mac which I love and is going to be replaced before I start vet school, but so far I think everyone on here has said they use some form of PC. Are most of the programs better on PCs/only for PCs or do you think it would make a difference?

I think both OneNote (through MSOffice) and Evernote (through the internet) are available for Macs.

For my graduate classes I love taking notes on my Surface RT using one note, but my laptop is a MAC. I would definitely recommend the pro-versions of a surface though for more capabilities. Not sure how compatible the RT will be with some of the lecture notes or camtasia. On a side note......CAN WE PLEASE JUST BE PUT OUT OF OUR MISERY.....the wait is killing me. Seriously can't even focus on studying for my test Wednesday. :whistle:

I use notability on my iPad and I really like it for those considering an iPad :) and I wish they would just tell us!! Praying they do at the end of feb..

For people with tablets, do you use the drawing features much? I prefer to type when taking notes (much more legible for me), but I'm curious if you use the drawing capabilities in class at all (like, does it help with anatomy or something).
:) and I wish they would just tell us!! Praying they do at the end of feb..
This. So much. I have so much homework and a research conference to prepare for and all I can do is think about the mail!!!

Hey @LivesintheLibrary, I don't know if this will help but I'm also applying to NCSU and even though their admission decisions for OOSers comes in before their March 1st deadline for FAFSA, they advised everyone to just send a FAFSA in anyways. Since FAFSA is also free and allows you to enter any Colleges/Universities you want, it doesn't hurt to do it before even if you don't get in. This is what they told us: "You should complete the FAFSA if you have applied to and/or are planning to attend (if accepted) any CVM or other graduate program, not just NC State, as all schools require this form to be considered for any type of financial assistance."
Hope this helps!

Thanks so much! It gives me something to do while waiting haha.

For people with tablets, do you use the drawing features much? I prefer to type when taking notes (much more legible for me), but I'm curious if you use the drawing capabilities in class at all (like, does it help with anatomy or something).

This. So much. I have so much homework and a research conference to prepare for and all I can do is think about the mail!!!

I was wondering about drawing too, I'm really not a tablet person, but if vet school is going to turn us into artists as well, I may need one haha.

Also can I just pull a sleeping beauty and wake up when letters are here?

Well they told us early about interviews and this year they have the majority of the points already calculated.. Minus fall grades and interview so I'm thinking (hoping) it's in feb! Maybe only wishful thinking lol. So jealous of my friends who have already committed to a school. Can't wait until the waiting game is over. I have two more interviews but it would be game over if I got into A&M :)

For my graduate classes I love taking notes on my Surface RT using one note, but my laptop is a MAC. I would definitely recommend the pro-versions of a surface though for more capabilities. Not sure how compatible the RT will be...

For anyone considering the Surface (which I highly recommend!), you absolutely must have a Pro version. You'll be using ExamSoft a lot and it cannot be supported RT tablets. Or you could have an RT for notes and such, but would need another laptop tablet for ExamSoft. I know some people who do this.

As for drawing, I do quite a bit for class. Whether it be drawing diagrams or filling in charts/tables in our notes. Having the ability to draw directly onto notes has been very helpful.

For anyone considering the Surface (which I highly recommend!), you absolutely must have a Pro version. You'll be using ExamSoft a lot and it cannot be supported RT tablets. Or you could have an RT for notes and such, but would need another laptop tablet for ExamSoft. I know some people who do this.

As for drawing, I do quite a bit for class. Whether it be drawing diagrams or filling in charts/tables in our notes. Having the ability to draw directly onto notes has been very helpful.

As far as drawing is concerned, besides the charts/tables, do you draw on the given diagrams themselves usually or do you start from scratch?

And I'm really not up to date with laptops/tablets what is RT? Haha sorry for all the questions (but I promise I'll have more)!

As far as drawing is concerned, besides the charts/tables, do you draw on the given diagrams themselves usually or do you start from scratch?

And I'm really not up to date with laptops/tablets what is RT? Haha sorry for all the questions (but I promise I'll have more)!

I'd say both. It depends on the class and the lecturer.

RT is short for RunTime (I think) and it is meant specifically for mobile devices. It's not like a standard edition of Windows, like you see on laptops and desktops. Windows Pro tablets essentially allow you to replace a computer. I hope that helps. I've posted the link for ExamSoft somewhere on this thread and it posts the requirements for both Windows and Apple products.

I've heard through the grapevine that the selections committee is meeting tomorrow. It may be one of many meetings, but they're definitely moving forward!

Reactions: 3 users
Oh geez. As if I wasn't checking my mail/this forum enough already...!

Reactions: 2 users
Oh wow... Does anyone know how many ppl are on the admissions committee? I hope we find out soon!!!

Out of State, Just got the call from Dr. Rogers

Reactions: 4 users
Out of State, Just got the call from Dr. Rogers

Congratulations!!!!

I hope this means they're sending out letters soon...past threads seem to predict about a week turnaround from OOS calls to IS letters...Eek!

Congratulations!!!!

I hope this means they're sending out letters soon...past threads seem to predict about a week turnaround from OOS calls to IS letters...Eek!
That's exactly what I was thinking!

I couldn't find anything about turn around times between IS and OOS last year, but for the two years earlier it was 8 days. It seems like last year was an outlier though so who knows.

I also think that the Script's song "man who can't be moved" song could easily be rewritten about prevets who can't be moved from their mailboxes.

I couldn't find anything about turn around times between IS and OOS last year, but for the two years earlier it was 8 days. It seems like last year was an outlier though so who knows.

I also think that the Script's song "man who can't be moved" song could easily be rewritten about prevets who can't be moved from their mailboxes.

I'm hoping this year isn't like last year. Compared to prior years, it seemed like last year had to wait a long time to find out. Crossing my fingers that the OOS call is a good sign!

Yeah, it seems last year OOSers found out after ISers, which seemed anomalous...c/o 2018 why y'all gotta be so weird? :) it makes drawing arbitrary conclusions based on stalking past threads so much harder!!

OOS, just received a call from Dr. Rogers as well! So happy, I can't believe it!

Reactions: 5 users
OOS, just received a call from Dr. Rogers as well! So happy, I can't believe it!
Congratulations @RJ414 !!! This is all so exciting!!

excitedoffice.gif

. . . Do you think they're still calling OOS people? When would we know if we've been waitlisted or rejected? Does that come snail mail for everyone, IS and OOS?

. . . Do you think they're still calling OOS people? When would we know if we've been waitlisted or rejected? Does that come snail mail for everyone, IS and OOS?

IS are typically only are notified via snail mail regardless of what the decision is. I'm not sure about OOS though. I don't know how long it takes them to make the calls.

Reading this thread today was the equivalent of drinking two cups of coffee with shots of espresso mixed in..
Energizing, anxiety inducing, and exciting.

:clap::scared::soexcited:

CONGRATS to those of you that were accepted today! That's so exciting! I hope you'll be joining us in the fall! You'll absolutely love it here! :biglove:

And that's also good news for ISers! That means you should be hearing soon. I guess the meeting today was very productive! I have my fingers crossed that the rest of you will hear amazing news soon! :claps::luck::xf::love:

Reactions: 5 users
I'm really really nervous now!!!!! i just mass texted my family and boyfriend and they told me to stop freaking out lol