Texas MOT Applicants 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone been (or know someone who has been) accepted to UTMB from the waitlist yet?
I've been accepted off of the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think there have been at least four of us to get off the wait list so far

I hope TWU people begin hearing soon- it makes me nervous no one has heard from them yet. I guess the next few months will require lots and lots of patience

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope TWU people begin hearing soon- it makes me nervous no one has heard from them yet. I guess the next few months will require lots and lots of patience
I agree. But no news is good news at this point. Although I have been checking my email every second. Lol

I know of at least 2 people who were accepted to TWU Houston but chose UTMB instead, I hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Wow.. I just received an email that I am denied from twu from waitlist. Not what I expected. Very disappointing but the wait is over I guess.

I'll be trying again next year

Wow.. I just received an email that I am denied from twu from waitlist. Not what I expected. Very disappointing but the wait is over I guess.

I'll be trying again next year

Specifically that they had to cut the wait list due to overwhelming positive response. Guess I was low on there

I am sorry to hear that. I didn't get in on the 2 round but I am still on the waitlist. So, depending on that round I may be in the same boat with you.

I didn't get into TWU on round 2 either but I am still on the wait list as well...

I just found out that there were 75 on the waitlist at UTMB, and 11 have been placed into the program off of the waitlist as of today. 75?!?!

I just found out that there were 75 on the waitlist at UTMB, and 11 have been placed into the program off of the waitlist as of today. 75?!?!
that's crazy, they can't be expecting that many people to decline. Last year I was in the top 20 on the wait list and I still didn't get a spot

Does anyone know how many are on the TWU wait-list as of today?

I have no idea how many people are on the TWU waitlist, but today I received an email saying that I'm still on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Who's ready to hear back from UTHSCSA this week? I'm super nervous and I'm going to be checking my mail like crazy!! Please post if/when you get a letter for those that did the interview. Thanks.

Who's ready to hear back from UTHSCSA this week? I'm super nervous and I'm going to be checking my mail like crazy!! Please post if/when you get a letter for those that did the interview. Thanks.

I'm very ready!! I feel the same way. I will probably be camped out next to my mail box just waiting! When did you interview?

I'm very ready!! I feel the same way. I will probably be camped out next to my mail box just waiting! When did you interview?
I'll be doing the same as well! I interviewed on January 10th. What about you??

I just found out that I was placed on the alternate list for Texas Tech. Has anyone else received an alternate letter, and does anyone know how many people were given an alternate position?

If no one has made a TWU Dallas group, I will so if anyone knows of one- post the link before I make one so there isn't two!

For those accepted to TWU Dallas, I was told official letters would start going out after the 31st of January which is when everyone had to either accept or deny their spot. Have any of you received the official letter?

Just got an acceptance letter from UTHSCSA! So for anyone who interviewed you should be getting something today, if not tomorrow.

Just got an acceptance letter from UTHSCSA! So for anyone who interviewed you should be getting something today, if not tomorrow.
Congratulations!!!! I still haven't received anything so hopefully sometime today.

Congrats @Jenny0705!! by chance do you live in SA or near? just wondering since I haven't gotten anything in the mail yet..

I got my acceptance letter from UTHSCSA this afternoon!!! Therefore I will not be attending UTMB and this will open up a spot for someone on the waitlist :)

I also received my acceptance letter from UTHSCSA (January 10th interview group)! Though I wonder if they will have another round of interviews, as I know of several people who never heard back from UTHSCSA after submitting their applications. If they were interviewing 5 people each Friday starting in January, that would be 20-25 people at most (I think)…

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to all who got letters from uthscsa today!

I also received my acceptance letter from UTHSCSA (January 10th interview group)! Though I wonder if they will have another round of interviews, as I know of several people who never heard back from UTHSCSA after submitting their applications. If they were interviewing 5 people each Friday starting in January, that would be 20-25 people at most (I think)…

Last I heard they were done sending out invites.

Hi! I interviewed at UTHSCSA on January 31st and found out Friday I was accepted! I will be attending and wanted to see if anyone else on here was going! I want to start getting to know some people! :)

Hi! I interviewed at UTHSCSA on January 31st and found out Friday I was accepted! I will be attending and wanted to see if anyone else on here was going! I want to start getting to know some people! :)

Start a FB page and post the link on here. Did anyone find some decent apartments yet? I'm attending UTHSCSA as well.

I interviewed on the 31st as well and got accepted. See u all in may!!!

Did you hear back via email or snail mail?? by the way congrats!!

I was accepted to Tech as well as another university. I will be deciding where to go this week. Either way, it will open up a spot for someone!

I was offered a position at TWU Houston!!!

Last edited:

Is there a Facebook group for uthscsa? If not, could someone make one please.