The 1/25/08 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pingouin

just chillin'
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome, all January 25, 2008, MCATers!!!!

This is your official place to stress, vent, hang out, party, cry, yell, or whatever else you need to do in the week before and just after your MCAT.

As a reminder, when your test is done, you are welcome to come here and discuss your experience with it. Discussing general passage topics is OK- ie, "I had PS passages on circuits, thermodynamics, and optics." However, you are NOT allowed post specific questions or answer choices from your test. Any posts which contain specific information will be deleted, and a 2-week post hold will be placed on your account. Look here for more information on this.

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: to each and every one of you!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Kobe should be getting the surgery. I'm not a Lakers fan, but it could hurt his career in the long run... now that they have Gasol, they could still make the playoffs if Kobe got the surgery, rested for a month or so, and came back full-force later.

with the trainers and medical staff that they got i'm sure he would get the surgery if he really needed it... he really wants to beat shaq to that ring...lol

Guys, this thread is getting a little off topic. Let's all get back to freaking out and counting down the seconds.

Dare I say.....six days? (plus an hour)

Is anyone else pissed about getting teased with the "possibility" of scores coming out within 2 weeks of the test? Why does AAMC do that?

It would've been much better to be told definitively the 27th and then pleasantly surpised should the score come sooner. Now I find myself checking THx incessantly, driven by the hope that today could be "the day".

I know I'm being a whiner, but the waiting is killing me. It's like watching ice melt... (what's the heat of fusion of water anyway...?)

:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
5 days and 22 hrs more till the exam!

Disclaimer: The 22 hrs is according to Kenyan Time (8 hrs behind EST) :-x

hahaha the disclaimer! good stuff!

i dont know...i dont think i did too well...so i m not really freaking out. just want to see the score and get it over with!

p.s.: lakers beat the suns!! :clap:

I had my first MCAT dream last night... 6 VR 9 PS 13 BS ... aka horrifying.

I personally have enjoyed not knowing, and am more dreading getting my score than anything. Gah.

-BP

Is anyone else pissed about getting teased with the "possibility" of scores coming out within 2 weeks of the test?

I'm done complaining about AAMC's score-related policies. They could do a lot of cheap, easy things to make it better for us... but, for some reason unbeknownst to any frequenter of this forum, they choose not to.

ahmedqman said:
Anyone here keeping up with the NBA? GREATEST SEASON EVER. (not really, but it's the best in awhile)

Yeah, that Lakers-Suns game was a nail-biter...

I'm done complaining about AAMC's score-related policies. They could do a lot of cheap, easy things to make it better for us... but, for some reason unbeknownst to any frequenter of this forum, they choose not to.

Yeah, that Lakers-Suns game was a nail-biter...

lol @ raja bell's knot.

Rockets fan in FL here... been one since the dream era during my childhood

I don't know about everyone else, but I change between wanting to know and not wanting to know since the possibility of having to start studying all over again is not very appealing.

yuppp one of the great nba season! Western conf is loooking freaking crazy!

I want to find out my mcat scores! i m tired of waiting! I hate to wait a day for my test scores...so waiting a month is just :bullcrap:

lol i love the smileys here...

Members don't see this ad :)
yuppp one of the great nba season! Western conf is loooking freaking crazy!

I want to find out my mcat scores! i m tired of waiting! I hate to wait a day for my test scores...so waiting a month is just :bullcrap:

lol i love the smileys here...

Im with you on not wanting to wait a day for scores.

Yep... had a big breakdown yesterday. I'm going home with a friend this weekend so hopefully a change of scenery will help me get through the weekend without going absolutely crazy.

I can't believe the moment of truth is practically upon is.

-BP

I've gotten progressively more relaxed about my scores since the exam date. Although, every time I think about getting my scores so soon, my stomach gets that feeling like I'm going through a steep drop on a roller coaster ride. eeeesh! eggsactly 5 days and 20 min!

I've gotta find something to do during the weekend damnit!

This stupid snow doesn't seem to be helping.

i switch moods as we get closer to the "big day." One minute I'd be like "ok, whatever happens, happens. I did the best I could, I still have time to retake. I'll be ok." And then the next minute, "OMG, XX MORE DAYS!!! *hyperventilate*" haha

I guess at this point- RIGHT NOW- I don't want to find out. I've been having dreams where I just do really horribly. So... maybe it's some kind of forehsadowing. And I'm not saying like 28, 29- that's like pretty good in my book. I'm talking about 20...:scared:

P.S. I know this sounds odd, but every time I look at this thread and the 1/26 thread, I get a little sad/bothered that theirs is longer (8 vs. our 5 pages)... I know, I'm crazy with my competitiveness hahaha

4!!!!!!

It's Saturday morning at 8:40am and I am feeling way to anxious to do anything... I've been having nightmares and general anxiety issues, I wonder if that has anything to do with the impending doom... Intrigue...

i switch moods as we get closer to the "big day." One minute I'd be like "ok, whatever happens, happens. I did the best I could, I still have time to retake. I'll be ok." And then the next minute, "OMG, XX MORE DAYS!!! *hyperventilate*" haha

I guess at this point- RIGHT NOW- I don't want to find out. I've been having dreams where I just do really horribly. So... maybe it's some kind of forehsadowing. And I'm not saying like 28, 29- that's like pretty good in my book. I'm talking about 20...:scared:

P.S. I know this sounds odd, but every time I look at this thread and the 1/26 thread, I get a little sad/bothered that theirs is longer (8 vs. our 5 pages)... I know, I'm crazy with my competitiveness hahaha

I swear, you and I could be twins, I feel the exact same way.

Especially about the 1/26 thread! I propose we start filling our thread with random mundane things we're doing, if only to get to page 10 before they do.

I'll start.

Today I went shopping at an outlet store (generally supposed to be low prices) and saw a pair of jeans for 100 dollars. :eek: was my reaction. So I shook my head, and went and bought a new wallet.

You guys took it in the morning, the other guys took it in the afternoon. I would be willing to bet money that more people took the afternoon date. Thats the only reason their thread is longer, IMO.

Oh, and good luck :rolleyes:

You guys took it in the morning, the other guys took it in the afternoon. I would be willing to bet money that more people took the afternoon date. Thats the only reason their thread is longer, IMO.

Plus, they took it on Saturday and we took it on Friday. I had to take off work to take the test and a lot of people probably had classes on Friday. That's another reason why people would prefer the Saturday option... which is probably why their thread is more populated.

Hopefully, that means that we have a friendlier curve. I'm thinking that most of the people taking the Friday test were only there because they registered too late to find an opening on Saturday (like myself). So, that means that the less-organized, less-prepared people are taking the test on Friday. My guess (or hope) is that they won't do as well as the people who registered early.

I guess that's true. I actually picked Friday because I'm more of a morning person and I figured more people would do Sat... plus, I think I actually had something going on that Saturday.

It's just weird cuz it seems like there's more people bitchin' about the test in the 1/26 thread than ours. Or at least bitchin' more fiercely... haha. Make me wonder if it's cuz their test really was harder, or if I just happened to take the test with some dang smart people who found our test to be relatively easy.

Anyway, I'll continue priam18's suggestion to filling this thread with mundane things- today, I pretty much studied for my upcoming midterms and lounged around. I actually didn't think about the MCAT until now haha. Which is PRETTY amazing considering this whole month it's all I think about.

by the way, who here loves the little smilies? I especially like this one: :idea:

it is distinctly possible that their test was significantly harder, but it wouldn't matter anyway because they use a different curve for each administration.

I couldn't agree more that some of the people who took Friday's test were ones that were left with only one option. I registered two days after opening and upon seeing that there was only one slot left, I was baffled yet not surprised that these ARE Pre-Meds. I overheard a girl saying she registered within the first hour it was open.

Should I step up my game then in future medical school tasks i.e. 2009 applications? Maybe... :p

i just want to KNOW!!!!

my grades are somewhat subpar... i need to do really well on this exam.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

but, at least these smileys are fun:
:love::clap:+pity+:beat::bow:

As the date is nearing closer... I'm definitely beginning to think that I should never have retaken in the first place, the chance of going down is so high. I'm trying to rationalize everything over and over... but I keep trying to tell myself at the same time that there is nothing I can do at this point.

Oh, how I long for this wait to be over!

On the fun side... just spent a weekend dogsitting with one of my friends in the White Mountains... it was a lot of fun, but now I've gotta go do some serious studying for my Biochem quiz tomorrow!

-BP

As the date is nearing closer... I'm definitely beginning to think that I should never have retaken in the first place, the chance of going down is so high. I'm trying to rationalize everything over and over... but I keep trying to tell myself at the same time that there is nothing I can do at this point.

Oh, how I long for this wait to be over!

On the fun side... just spent a weekend dogsitting with one of my friends in the White Mountains... it was a lot of fun, but now I've gotta go do some serious studying for my Biochem quiz tomorrow!

-BP

quit freakkkinn out, we all rocked that, wooooooo party on wednesday or thursday or whenever it comes out!!!!!!!

i don't wanna make anyone jealous...but in florida the weather is perfect and pool parties take my mind off the score. :banana:

GatorsDoc- you ARE making me jealous. Where I am right now, it's barely 32 F... which is WARM for us... normally it should be around 10, 20 F heh

It's 1:40AM and I can't sleep ... Maybe AAMC will surprise us with our scores 2 days early tomorrow?

I can envision all of our scores sitting on the desk of some IT guy for the last two weeks who is just now getting around to posting them onto the website ... just as soon as he's done playing world of warcraft.

Think I'll go watch Presidential debate reruns on CNN now. Anybody worried going into medicine with the possibilty of federalized healthcare in our future? Barack's wife works at a hospital, so maybe she'll look out for us...
Sleep tight and try not to have MCAT nightmares... :sleep:

Debates were boring, so now I'm working on my personal statement.

Quick question for those writing personal statements:

Is there a minimum/maximum length for the personal statement? Mine is getting kinda long (1,000 words). I'm trying to cut it down, but don't know how deep to cut.

Would appreciate any thoughts -- also any links to some good websites with specific guidelines for the personal stmt.

Debates were boring, so now I'm working on my personal statement.

Quick question for those writing personal statements:

Is there a minimum/maximum length for the personal statement? Mine is getting kinda long (1,000 words). I'm trying to cut it down, but don't know how deep to cut.

Would appreciate any thoughts -- also any links to some good websites with specific guidelines for the personal stmt.
Hey I can answer that. The maximum is 5300 Characters including spaces, there is no minimum, but I would probably have atleast 4000-4500 characters.

Thanks Amwatts,

That's just what I needed to know. I'm at 5,654 characters, so i guess I better start trimming.

Also have to ask - is that really your picture? I couldn't help but notice the nice, big ... leather seats of your car. All the future plastic surgeons out there are thinking, "is that 350 cc's or 400 cc's"?

Thanks Amwatts,

That's just what I needed to know. I'm at 5,654 characters, so i guess I better start trimming.

Also have to ask - is that really your picture? I couldn't help but notice the nice, big ... leather seats of your car. All the future plastic surgeons out there are thinking, "is that 350 cc's or 400 cc's"?
Hahaha, no (check my Mdapps and you would know). It is my gf however:p, not really my gf is twice as hot as her. No lie!!

I know our future lies with this score, and it's so easy to stress out, but we're so much more than just MCAT scores, guys.
Let's all stay optimistic for the next two days!! :love:

I know our future lies with this score, and it's so easy to stress out, but we're so much more than just MCAT scores, guys.
Let's all stay optimistic for the next two days!! :love:

lol got that right!!

do u guys know at what time the scores will be available?

Dead serious. I just decided to check to alleviate my nerves, and I saw scores posted on my account. But it's early so I don't know if this is a glitch or what. There are no percentages listed tho.

HOLY ****, I CANT BELIEVE THIS!!!
January 2008 13 14 S 15 42S