The Inaugural ATSU COM-Mesa Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah greenshirt, good luck.

yeah. i haven't discounted the HSPS totally. i am just prioritizing it a little lower than i did before. i mean, i know i'm not going into a highly competitive residency choice anyways (family or im/peds). i have plenty of time to think it through and make a rational decision.

Members don't see this ad.

gildas, I'll be heading to Tucson with you, it sounds like you have done some good research about the facility, I'll have to look into it myself. Everybody I've talked to says Tucson is pretty cool, compared with where I'm coming from, anywhere will be pretty cool. I still haven't recieved any info from Joyce regarding the computers, I saw an post earlier about the specs but has anyone recieved official notification from Joyce or ATSU? In response to VMI about HPSP, have you already completed your packet? I tried registering on MODS but couldn't find the school, I think because it is so new. I was planning on applying for it as well, I've spent the last four years AD in Ft Wainwright Alaska as a mental health tech, figured if I could put up with 4 years enlisted, I could handle a lot the USA could throw my way. From what I have heard, in regards to residancies, the Army has so many facilities to do your recidencies at, since you must do your residency with an Army facility, your odds of getting what you request are pretty high. I've worked with three DO's, all psychiatrists over the last four years who all took the HPSP and have given me some insight into it's mechanics if you have any questions.:cool:

gildas, I'll be heading to Tucson with you, it sounds like you have done some good research about the facility, I'll have to look into it myself. Everybody I've talked to says Tucson is pretty cool, compared with where I'm coming from, anywhere will be pretty cool. I still haven't recieved any info from Joyce regarding the computers, I saw an post earlier about the specs but has anyone recieved official notification from Joyce or ATSU? In response to VMI about HPSP, have you already completed your packet? I tried registering on MODS but couldn't find the school, I think because it is so new. I was planning on applying for it as well, I've spent the last four years AD in Ft Wainwright Alaska as a mental health tech, figured if I could put up with 4 years enlisted, I could handle a lot the USA could throw my way. From what I have heard, in regards to residancies, the Army has so many facilities to do your recidencies at, since you must do your residency with an Army facility, your odds of getting what you request are pretty high. I've worked with three DO's, all psychiatrists over the last four years who all took the HPSP and have given me some insight into it's mechanics if you have any questions.:cool:

JAcksonium, sorry for the misunderstanding but I was assigned to Flagstaff. they were the ones that I contacted and invited me for a tour. I plan on going there sometimes in June before classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Jack sounds like you're considering HPSP too. My recruiter for the HPSP didn't say that COM Mesa was not available and the financial aid lady said that we will be allowed to get a scholarship for the school. BTW this may sound dumb but what is the exact day that we need to report to school with the tablet pc?

Gildas, I am going to Flagstaff, don't know why I typed Tucson, this physics class I'm taking must be messing with my head, anyway, I am going to Flagstaff CHC and I still need to do some research. VMI (Virginia MIlitary Acadamy ?) I am applying for the HPSP, not sure whether I'll take it but thought I might as well apply. THe doc's I've worked with said it isn't so bad if you can put up with the "military" stuff, but of course you're bound to get all sides of the spectrum.

Been reading, just never posting :p

Anyways I decided to roll the dice with ATSU over a few different MD/DO schools and I will be attending the Seattle CHC.

I noticed that there is less information regarding the Seattle location so I figured I would post some info (I live in the greater Seattle area and I attended undergraduate ed here)

Here is there general web page with a list of clinics in King County: http://www.chckc.org/partners.htm

Here is a list of the clinics that we will be involved with:
City of Auburn (South of Seattle)
City of Bellevue (East of Seattle)
City of Bothell (North of Seattle)
City of Covington (South of Seattle)
City of Des Moines (South of Seattle)
City of Federal Way (South of Seattle)
City of Issaquah (East of Seattle)
City of Kenmore (North of Seattle)
City of Kent (South of Seattle)
City of Kirkland (North of Seattle)
City of Redmond (NE of Seattle)
City of Renton (South of Seattle)
City of SeaTac (South of Seattle and the location of the Airport)
City of Shoreline (North of Seattle)
City of Woodinville (North of Seattle)

For people not familiar with the greater Seattle area these clinics encompass a 35 to 40 mile radius.

I have not heard which CHC we will be primarily stationed at but just from a list of these locations Renton is the central location to them all.

If you would like to contact the person who will be running our education within the CHC's the Medical Director at Community Health Centers of King County is Judy Featherstone, MD. Her e-address is [email protected]

When I know more I will post again:)

If you have any questions about NW lifestyle, locations, or anything in general feel free to pm, post, or email me at [email protected]

For anyone interested in getting the docking station for our tablets I called CDWG since the price wasn't listed and they are only knocking a few bucks off, our price is $191. Also, DocMcDoc and Ducqui, do either one of you have any info/weblink about the CHC facilities? I have emailed Joyce a few times trying to get that info and I still haven't heard back form her.

I haven't been on my computer in awhile. But I'll try emailing her about the CHC and see if she responds. (I'm still catching up on the forum so I"m not sure if you were able to get any information as of today)

Been reading, just never posting :p

Anyways I decided to roll the dice with ATSU over a few different MD/DO schools and I will be attending the Seattle CHC.

I noticed that there is less information regarding the Seattle location so I figured I would post some info (I live in the greater Seattle area and I attended undergraduate ed here)

If you would like to contact the person who will be running our education within the CHC's the Medical Director at Community Health Centers of King County is Judy Featherstone, MD. Her e-address is [email protected]

When I know more I will post again:)

If you have any questions about NW lifestyle, locations, or anything in general feel free to pm, post, or email me at [email protected]

Thanks for the e-mail info! Let us know if you get a chance to actually tour the CHC. I'm curious as to what kind of preparations they're making for us.

ATSU-COMM CHC Sites 2008-2011:

Brooklyn, New York: rarekare, igtx, eastwestn2grt
Beaufort, South Carolina: hopefuldoc40, docmcdocerson, ducqui
Troy, Alabama: CO2003
Milford, Ohio:
Flagstaff, Arizona: jfeyko, jacksonium78, gildas
Phoenix, Arizona: redcuilapa
Tucson, Arizona: rpinnell
Visalia, California: stringerbell, ifpx181, capucino123
Woodburn, Oregon: inthe415, gonnabeob
Seattle, Washington: builttorock, greenshirt, romadanny, emtech26, HutchD
Waianae, Hawaii: dseattle, soccergrl03, md/do almost, v-lander, doctortravel, vmi07

kind of a bummer that we're not going to be in just one chc. i was kind of looking forward to living near it and not worrying about the seattle traffic (worst in the country). but at the same time, it'll be neat to be in different ones that will offer different patients, situations, and rotations.

does anyone know if we'll likely be rotating through with u-dub med students too?

kind of a bummer that we're not going to be in just one chc. i was kind of looking forward to living near it and not worrying about the seattle traffic (worst in the country). but at the same time, it'll be neat to be in different ones that will offer different patients, situations, and rotations.

does anyone know if we'll likely be rotating through with u-dub med students too?

Many of the locations have full-services, so I'm wondering they just might split us up further when we get there. 10 student students shadowing in one CHC would probably be too much.

traffic isnt that bad. i wonder how they rank traffic because i still think la/nyc are among the worst? they will be closing a portion of one of our freeways pretty soon, so it will actually get nasty. there is no lightrail yet, nor subway, but the bus system is mostly good (some systems, usually the southside ones are eh).

as far as udub i am not sure, but i have a feeling of maybe little to no. that school dominates healthcare in the five state area (wy/wa/ak/mt/id) - WWAMI. with the same situation with university of hawaii's school dominating the islands, and from the video (see www.wcchc.com yellow box), it seemed as if uh was somewhat threatened by the atsu's presence there (the video also said that dean woods talked to uh, yet i dont know the result). this could be the same situation with uw, especially with another osteo school opening next year, but since wwami is a lot larger there could be more space for atsu and pnuhs. the hawaii chc's solution was to work with other chc's on other islands, and in king county there are a lot of chc's, which i dunno the extent of their services. thus, all i can say is maybe or no.

--

as far as the computer docking base, it doesnt really look that necessary, and it doesnt come with an additional cd drive, extra battery, or hard drive, its just "supports" them, it basically is extra ports/plugins and speakers/mic and a charger. the computer itself has no cd/dvd but all the basic ports: usb/phones/mic/ethernet/modem/sd/card and the dock just "expands" them, meaning it adds 4 usb ports, and makes it easier on the go - you dont have to unplug everything each time. if all you need is a cd/dvd drive, you might as well get the external one that uses usb:

dvdrw
http://www.cdwg.com./shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=1141733

cdrw/dvdrom
http://www.cdwg.com./shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=914649

it costs more by itself, but is more practical than buying the doc and an internal discdrive $350+. hopefully there will be some sort of deal with this. otherwise you can use any good name brand external cd/dvd reader/burner as long as it is highspeed usb 2.0. worst case scenario is the color doesnt match.

also if you want a good external hard drive - 500gb, there is one at costco.com for $180

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11124492&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

box), it seemed as if uh was somewhat threatened by the atsu's presence there (the video also said that dean woods talked to uh, yet i dont know the result). this could be the same situation with uw, especially with another osteo school opening next year, but since wwami is a lot larger there could be more space for atsu and pnuhs. the hawaii chc's solution was to work with other chc's on other islands, and in king county there are a lot of chc's, which i dunno the extent of their services. thus, all i can say is maybe or no.
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11124492&whse=BC&topnav=&browse=

Why would other schools be threatened? I got the impression nobody uses CHC's for rotations.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why would other schools be threatened? I got the impression nobody uses CHC's for rotations.

My understanding is that we won't be at CHC's exclusively for rotations (I could be wrong). UH is probably just used to being the only dog on the block and accommodating a new dog is probably difficult. Not sure what UH's enrollment is, but being from Hawaii, it seems to me that there are plenty of places for rotating students (I could be wrong again). I'm particularly excited about being on the neighbor islands. As long as there are good teachers, I think that type of deal is right up the CHC-model's alley.

Not true. Many medical schools require students to do rural/ underserved rotations, and some do it at CHCs. I know the CHC sites in Flagstaff and Tucson set rotations for UA students.

Ok just a few things to reply to people.

Green shirt:
-I have emailed back and forth with the Seattle CHC director and I will be meeting with her this week. Her email was very enthusiastic and it sounds as if the CHC is excited to get us next year. I am meeting with her this week, I will post back when I know more.

built to rock:
-We will not see U-W students at the CHC's. I am very familiar with their curric, being an alternate for the second year in a row and having about a half dozen close friends in the program currently. They rotate through the seattle triad for the most part (Harborview, UW hospijal and Children's), there are a few others as well, but those are the primary locations for UW students.

-As for trafic it's not that bad at all. I live in Kent atm, which is half way between Seattle and Tacoma (they are about 30 miles apart). I have commitments in both cities and I rarely have trouble with traffic. After living over here for a month you'll become used to it. However, I can't speek much for the clinic's north of Seattle and the traffic around them.

But deseattle is right, the North Seattle Bridge SUCKS for traffic almost all day long, so hope for south sound rotations :p

As for the computer I called CDWG and talked to the rep, she is going to be out of the office until Monday, which I think is the 23rd. However I ordered the computer and it came to ~1950 after shipping and tax with no upgrades.

-

exciting news!

last night was the ATSU incoming students dinner. about seven people from our program were present. they brought along spouses, parents, and significant others. they all seemed very pleasant. it also seems to be a very diverse and unique class!

some keynotes (that i can remember):
  • the school's name is going to be ATSU-SOMA.
  • there are only two more interview dates left (this thurs and next).
  • because the dean of the dental school is also an associate dean of the medical school, we will be privy to learning of some dental aspects in our practice--we'll be the first doctors to look in someone's mouth and look at something other than tonsils and actually know what we're doing.
  • the computers take about six weeks to ship. so order them as soon as possible.
  • the first week is going to be orientation (july 30-aug 3). at which time we will be fed like crazy.
  • the white coat ceremony is thursday aug 2.
  • your class mates (me excluded) LOVE soccer.
gildas, do you remember anything i'm missing?

Thanks for that juicy information HutchD and Builttorock.
SOMA=School of Osteopathic Medicine Arizona? I kind of liked ATSU-Mesa, but I suppose I can get used to ATSU-SOMA.

yup. big dogs on the block. thats a good way to put it.

hey hutchd maybe we can meet up for coffee, its the seattle way. actually i'd be down to check out the chc with you, hit me up. when do you think they are gonna shut down the viaduct and the 520 bridge, thats when traffice will be impossible.

SOMA, i guess including mesa in the title is not cool anymore. anyone read a brave new world? haha. i liked COM-M but myeah...

SOMA, huh? I'm cool with that but it seems like there'll be too much confusion with the other SOMA. With how ATSU likes everything integrated, uniform and orderly, I thought for sure they'd go with MCOM (like KCOM in Kirksville). Whatevers, just a name.

Soccer, eh? Man I hope some of you all play basketball!!!

yeah. i didn't think about it getting confused with SOMA. the reasoning, i guess is that all of the other degrees at atsu in mesa have schools (school of health management, arizona school of health sciences, arizona school of dentistry and oral health).

the change to SOMA is now apparent on the atsu.edu homepage.

Yay! What a treat to get some more information this morning. It's been so anticipated. I liked ATSU-Mesa too, but whatever.
That was great info, Builttorock, so thanks.

exciting news!

• the computers take about six weeks to ship. so order them as soon as possible.
Thanks for the info built. Everything sounds great. Has anyone received their financial aid info yet. I know Erin Sellers said we would be hearing in April/early May. I'm in the AmeriCorps now, so unfortunately I'm not going to be able to get my comp until the loan check arrives.

Thanks for the info built. Everything sounds great. Has anyone received their financial aid info yet. I know Erin Sellers said we would be hearing in April/early May. I'm in the AmeriCorps now, so unfortunately I'm not going to be able to get my comp until the loan check arrives.

One of my tour guides gave me a good idea about how to pay for stuff before you get your loan check: Open up a credit card that has 0% for the first 6-12 months, pay the minimum until the check arrives in September, pay it off and close it. Although you'll have to get a credit line large enough to cover the entire cost of the computer. I'm looking into some of the credit card offers I get everyday.

Are they sending us a FA letter or is it something we check online?

School sounds lower than college to me. I wish they had gone with MCOM.

One of my tour guides gave me a good idea about how to pay for stuff before you get your loan check: Open up a credit card that has 0% for the first 6-12 months, pay the minimum until the check arrives in September, pay it off and close it. Although you'll have to get a credit line large enough to cover the entire cost of the computer. I'm looking into some of the credit card offers I get everyday.

Are they sending us a FA letter or is it something we check online?

School sounds lower than college to me. I wish they had gone with MCOM.

I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound like a very good thing to do to your credit. My understanding is that beginning and ending credit lines in short periods of time is bad. Again, I could be wrong. If I am wrong, that's a good way to go.

Another bit of information I remember regarding financial aide letters:
  • because some of the other schools start before we do (p.a. and dentistry), they will get their financial aide letters first. we should expect them in may, probably late may. they will come via email to our my.atsu.edu email accounts. so be sure your account is all setup for the my.atsu.edu portal.
  • remember that when you get your financial aide check, it will include your deposit and the cost of the computer (because the deposit--2000--credits toward your tuition). so be sure to account for the fact that you will get $4000 less next year when you prepare your budget.

I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound like a very good thing to do to your credit. My understanding is that beginning and ending credit lines in short periods of time is bad. Again, I could be wrong. If I am wrong, that's a good way to go.

The last time I had my credit checked I received some booklet along the lines of "Maintaining/Earning a Good Credit Score" and it did say that opening/closing credit lines in a short period of time is detrimental to your score. Not to mention that although if you use a card on its introductory 0% rate it still looks bad since you defaulted on the payment. Again, if I am wrong someone please correct me as this would be a good idea for getting my computer before the loan check arrives.

The last time I had my credit checked I received some booklet along the lines of "Maintaining/Earning a Good Credit Score" and it did say that opening/closing credit lines in a short period of time is detrimental to your score. Not to mention that although if you use a card on its introductory 0% rate it still looks bad since you defaulted on the payment. Again, if I am wrong someone please correct me as this would be a good idea for getting my computer before the loan check arrives.

Hmmm, I don't know much about credit. I supose you can hold the credit card for longer. Do you still get penalized if you pay the minimum balance?

Did they say when we get our refund checks? I know at CCOM they don't get it until after the 2nd week of classes. So if you count the 6 weeks it takes to ship, you'd be w/out the computer for the first 1-2 months of classes.

Wow today is a flury of information and action in the ATSU-SOMA community of extremely excited entering students.

The email came out with the computer information, MS-I calendar, schedule, and list of what we should be doing right now.

Hmmm, I don't know much about credit. I supose you can hold the credit card for longer. Do you still get penalized if you pay the minimum balance?

Did they say when we get our refund checks? I know at CCOM they don't get it until after the 2nd week of classes. So if you count the 6 weeks it takes to ship, you'd be w/out the computer for the first 1-2 months of classes.

I was talking to Joyce about this and she said financial aid isn't disbursed until August 8th. So, we can't rely on our award money for any expenses until then.

Wow today is a flury of information and action in the ATSU-SOMA community of extremely excited entering students.

The email came out with the computer information, MS-I calendar, schedule, and list of what we should be doing right now.

I'm so frustrated that I haven't received any of this information yet. I can't even log on to the portal. Anyone else in the same boat as me? I'd love to be working on all these preparations.

I was talking to Joyce about this and she said financial aid isn't disbursed until August 8th. So, we can't rely on our award money for any expenses until then.

Bummer. How am I going to do this?!

I'm so frustrated that I haven't received any of this information yet. I can't even log on to the portal. Anyone else in the same boat as me? I'd love to be working on all these preparations.

Have you sent in all your deposits? I overheard someone last night couldn't log in the my.atsu.edu site and it was because that person hadn't paid the deposit or it hadn't cleared yet or something to that effect.

Don't fret. It'll all work out. Remember, you didn't get to this point by freaking out. (well, just a little)

I've sent the first two in already, the last $500 being due next month. According to Joyce, I was supposed to have received that information already but haven't yet for whatever reason. Hence the frustration.

Don't worry, I haven't gotten anything yet either.

Don't worry, I haven't gotten anything yet either.

I just got it via email.

Lots to add!!! So on Monday myself and Rarekare met up in Brooklyn for a cup of coffee(sorry Seattle folks--the big apple and coffee fit just as well together as the Pac NW) and went to visit/meet with the medical director of Lutheran Family Health Centers. It was AWESOME!!The main CHC is huge, not to mention directly connected with a hospital with a trauma 1 ER (for those who really care about ER), and of course the 8 or 9 other off site CHCs. The staff and docs were excited about us "in-house students" and very friendly, completely opposite to the drab, unhappy feeling you usually get in a med environment/hospital. While of course there is still a lot of uncertainty about some of the aspects of yrs 2-4, the med director is very optimistic about the potential of this medical school and program and are excited about us starting. Anyways this trip to Brooklyn sealed the deal for me!!! I am happy to now greet you all as an offcial member of the class of 2011.

BTW, we should all makesoccer shirts with our respective CHC "teams" on them!! Brooklyn is well represented!!!

PS. The director did mention something about possibly spreading us students to the different off site centers for our afternoon rotation/shadowing/experince

exciting news!

last night was the ATSU incoming students dinner. about seven people from our program were present. they brought along spouses, parents, and significant others. they all seemed very pleasant. it also seems to be a very diverse and unique class!

• the school's name is going to be ATSU-SOMA.
  • there are only two more interview dates left (this thurs and next).
  • because the dean of the dental school is also an associate dean of the medical school, we will be privy to learning of some dental aspects in our practice--we'll be the first doctors to look in someone's mouth and look at something other than tonsils and actually know what we're doing.
  • the first week is going to be orientation (july 30-aug 3). at which time we will be fed like crazy.
  • the white coat ceremony is thursday aug 2.
  • your class mates (me excluded) LOVE soccer.
gildas, do you remember anything i'm missing?

Good job Builttorock! You got everything covered.
The only thing I might add is this: Guys you better start thinking and getting ready to represent SOMA in the Mr. ATSU pageant.:laugh:

great to hear about your chc eastwest, hopefully all the chc's have similar facilities and such.

as far as the name...which is funny we are still talking about this...it cant be AZCOM obviously, ACOM would be a little too close to that, and COMA just sounds bad, maybe COMAZ but thats sounds worse. imagine a bunch of us with COMA or COMAZ sweaters on and someone asks what we do. buhahahah.

also, i got an email that there will be a dinner in portland next week - april 22nd? and another one in riverside, cali sometime between may 7-10, pm me and i can give you the contact email.

What do you guys think about this learning oral health stuff? Extra bonus? or "If I'd wanted to learn that, I'd have gone to dental school" reponse?

great to hear about your chc eastwest, hopefully all the chc's have similar facilities and such.

as far as the name...which is funny we are still talking about this...it cant be AZCOM, obviously, ACOM would be a little too close to that, and COMA just sounds bad, maybe COMAZ but thats sounds worse. imagine a bunch of us with COMA or COMAZ sweaters on and someone asks what we do. buhahahah.

also, i got an email that there will be a dinner in portland next week - april 22nd? and another one in riverside, cali sometime between may 7-10, pm me and i can give you the contact email.

Great point - I literally laughed out loud at that. Yeah, bad thing for docs to be known as.

What do you guys think about this learning oral health stuff? Extra bonus? or "If I'd wanted to learn that, I'd have gone to dental school" reponse?

I have somewhat of a fascination for oral health( dont read too much into this...:D ), but never truly wanted to be a dentist. But I think more knowledge is a good thing.

The way I see it, this can only help us. Its not like we are going to be learning about this stuff in depth, so a little more information I see as being a plus

Also I agree we should get some shirts made saying "I am a COMA student" or something like that.

I talked to Joyce today and she said that the one in Riverside, CA will be on May 8th. I dont know about the times or anything. Anybody planning on going to that?

i say why not? if we want to be truly hollistic then we can't ignore oral health. i've never really paid attention to it, but some articles ive read this year really pointed out how important it is. oral health is not just a cosmetic issue, and with our focus at soma, chc's may be the only place our key demographics may go to for any type of health. as superficial as it is, teeth indicates social status, which can result in a lot of things: unsuccessful job interviews, missing work, and social exclusion. also, nutrition and health are also affected by bad oral hygene: having to eat unhealthy processed foods, gum diseases causing heart attack and cancers, diabetes, stroke, etc.

bad teeth=economic, social, physiological, and psychological issues. so why not add another tool to the bag?

does anyone know if oral health is covered at all by medicare/aid? do any of our chc's provide oral healthcare? just curious.

I've shadowed an ENT extensively and loved it so I'm all for it. The body is a whole after all, right?

Hi I'm Jenny. I was accepted in January but didn't find out about this forum until last night. Anyways I'm from WI and am kind of sad that I don't get to go to a dinner. I'm coming to Mesa on the 29th of April to look for housing, so if anyone is in the area and wants to meet up I'm totally game. My CHC is in Ohio and it looks like this was not the popular choice. I'm really excited to meet all of you.

So, I got my admissions packet from ATSU the other day, and it says that I am missing prerequisites in gen. chem and physics. I took AP Chemistry and AP Physics, thus my university gave me credit hours for general chemistry and physics and thus I didn't have to take it in college. Most schools I have looked at have not had a problem with my AP classes. However, I have not been able to get in contact with ATSU regarding their policy/documentation necessary to get credit for the prereqs. I've tried calling several times and left messages with no response, and my money is due next Tuesday. Obviously today being an interview day I doubt I will hear anything today or tomorrow, so this is rather urgent. I really want to attend but I need to make sure that these classes will be counted. If anyone knows anything could you please let me know. Thanks.

bad teeth=economic, social, physiological, and psychological issues. so why not add another tool to the bag?

does anyone know if oral health is covered at all by medicare/aid? do any of our chc's provide oral healthcare? just curious.

Yeah, perfect teeth really are sort of a luxury. A few of the Seattle CHC's have full dental services. Not sure about medicare/aid. I bet it's not a big priority.

I was just on the SOMA thread on the ATSU portal. It sounds like their are a lot of non-trads in our class. I feel like I might be one of the only ones coming to campus w/out a hubby and baby in tow.

So, I got my admissions packet from ATSU the other day, and it says that I am missing prerequisites in gen. chem and physics. I took AP Chemistry and AP Physics, thus my university gave me credit hours for general chemistry and physics and thus I didn't have to take it in college. Most schools I have looked at have not had a problem with my AP classes. However, I have not been able to get in contact with ATSU regarding their policy/documentation necessary to get credit for the prereqs. I've tried calling several times and left messages with no response, and my money is due next Tuesday. Obviously today being an interview day I doubt I will hear anything today or tomorrow, so this is rather urgent. I really want to attend but I need to make sure that these classes will be counted. If anyone knows anything could you please let me know. Thanks.

Did you indicate the AP classes on your AACOMAS? They probably overlooked it. I get the feeling they don't look as closely as some schools, b/c I'm short 3 units of EComp and they didn't notice (I'm currently completing the course anyway). I wouldn't sweat it. Once you get through to them, they'll probably just say "Opps, our bad!".