The Official 01/28/2012 MCAT Club

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sutton

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
.Test Date.: Saturday, January 28, 2012
.Exam Start Time.: 1 p.m.
.Registration Opens.: October 12, 2011
...Tentative.. Score Release Date.: February 28, 2012
.After 5 p.m. ET.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yeah seeing my reaction when people said THX was down and scores were potentially up, I know ill probably be a nervous wreck in route to checking them.

I only scored a 30 my first time, after months of studying I wouldn't be surprised if my score is much lower than a 30 due to an anticipated score of 7 on verbal :(. My average on aamc was a 34.2. FML. Cue the emo music..........because after next week no top medical school is going to want me.....

I started creating a playlist that I will be listening to as scores come out to lessen the blow (feel free to add to it or use it, but lets go for variety don't add too many songs of the same band).
1. Drake-Marvin's Room
2. Three Days Grace-Animal I have become
3. Taking Back Sunday-Lonely Lonely
4. Taking Back Sunday-Make Damn Sure
5. Sum41-Pieces
6. Three Days Grace-Pain
7. Sonic Syndicate-Denied
8. Kanye West-Heartless
9. 32Leaves- All is Numb
10. Linkin Park-Somewhere I Belong
11. Linkin Park-My December

Last edited:
Yeah seeing my reaction when people said THX was down and scores were potentially up, I know ill probably be a nervous wreck in route to checking them.

Gee! standing on the side line watching all the reactions escalating the past 48 hours, I thought I am in the Korean drama. I can't believe this is real life playing out in front of me.

Life is so........beautiful:eek:........and the journey to be a doctor is so..........smooth:idea:

I don't know how I will react on 4/24 5pm when the March one comes out for my son. :(:cool:? Hmm, I will be cool:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I only scored a 30 my first time, after months of studying I wouldn't be surprised if my score is much lower than a 30 due to an anticipated score of 7 on verbal :(. My average on aamc was a 34.2. FML. Cue the emo music..........because after next week no top medical school is going to want me.....

I started creating a playlist that I will be listening to as scores come out to lessen the blow (feel free to add to it or use it, but lets go for variety don't add too many songs of the same band).
1. Drake-Marvin's Room
5. Sum41-Pieces
6. Three Days Grace-Pain
8. Kanye West-Heartless
9. 32Leaves- All is Numb

Why do you think you only got a 7 on Verbal? That's the section that has me the most concerned. :/

1. Drake-Marvin's Room
5. Sum41-Pieces
6. Three Days Grace-Pain
8. Kanye West-Heartless
9. 32Leaves- All is Numb

Don't forget this! [youtube]M9xsGJMD_NU[/youtube]

My post-MCAT playlist:

You Think You're a Man - Full Frontal
After Hours - We Are Scientists
Good Man - Josh Ritter
Greatest Day - Bowling for Soup
Good Ol' Fashioned Nightmare - Matt & Kim
Cannibalism is the Cure - Get Set Go
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da - The Beatles
Soldier - Ingrid Michaelson
End of the World - Great Big Sea (cover of REM)
Push It - Garbage
Science is Violence - The Rifles
Falling for the First Time - Barenaked Ladies
You Need Me, I Don't Need You - Ed Sheeran
Lift Me Up - Moby
It's Gonna Be Me - N*SYNC
Not a Pretty Girl - Ani DiFranco
Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy - Queen
Roll Away Your Stone - Mumford & Sons
The Boxer - Simon & Garfunkel
Sophia - Laura Marling
Let It Rock - Kevin Rudolf
Life is Beautiful - Vega 4
Time for Miracles - Adam Lambert

I'm having heart palpitations just looking at this forum. Also, I hope you get a 25 just because you have Linkin Park on your playlist.

(kidding)

I'm having heart palpitations just looking at this forum. Also, I hope you get a 25 just because you have Linkin Park on your playlist.

(kidding)

It's old Linkin Park though, which was actually good.

Expected post-MCAT score song: I'm So Sick - Flyleaf :(

Sent from my HTC Desire CDMA using SDN Mobile

It's old Linkin Park though, which was actually good.

Expected post-MCAT score song: I'm So Sick - Flyleaf :(

Anything by Mazzy Star would be perfect. I listened to her for two weeks straight during my post MCAT depression. Granted, it makes you want to slit your wrists and kill yourself, but it's the perfect wallowing in your pity/sorrow music.

Anywho - what's the best way to embrace and deal with a low score? I was thinking of making a topic about it - but I'm not really sure what you could do besides toughen up and retake it.

Anything by Mazzy Star would be perfect. I listened to her for two weeks straight during my post MCAT depression. Granted, it makes you want to slit your wrists and kill yourself, but it's the perfect wallowing in your pity/sorrow music.

Anywho - what's the best way to embrace and deal with a low score? I was thinking of making a topic about it - but I'm not really sure what you could do besides toughen up and retake it.

If I score low I'm going to just take it in stride take a day to recover ten weigh my options and see if a may exam is enough to fix the problem or if I should take a year off and just hit the wall this summer and let it be Mcat round 2. Either way sulking won't do you any good it will just serve to distract you. Keep your hopes up, because you haven't seen your score yet and hopefully everything will work out!

If I score low I'm going to just take it in stride take a day to recover ten weigh my options and see if a may exam is enough to fix the problem or if I should take a year off and just hit the wall this summer and let it be Mcat round 2. Either way sulking won't do you any good it will just serve to distract you. Keep your hopes up, because you haven't seen your score yet and hopefully everything will work out!

Yeah you're right. And that's a luxury, having a summer. My next one is on the 13th, yikes =/

Members don't see this ad :)
I just saw a heated thread involved a gentleman from NY who has 2.7 GPA. He has 1 course taken 4 times to finally get a C- and also bombed 13 other sccience classes. He came to Pre-Medical Allopathic forum looking for suggestion and help. There were some very strong opinion on both sides. Well, I was speechless.

The point is whatever the score you obtain the coming Tuesday, ALL of you are winners and the door of medical school is "still" wide open for you. Cheer up, folks!

EDIT: The world is very short in doctors especially General Practice!

Last edited:
My MCAT Score Playlist:

Kids - Sleigh Bells
Shelter - The XX
The Winner Is - Devotchka
Comeback Kid - Sleigh Bells
Casimir Pulaski Day - Sufjan Stevens
What You Know - Two Door Cinema Club
Chicago - Sufjan Stevens
... and a crap-ton of 60's/70's classic rock songs (CCR, Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, The Who, The Moody Blues) :D

Do the scores typically come at 5pm?

That's your safe bet, although some have come out before that, around 3PM. I am pretty sure when I checked my last scores (now, this was over 2 years ago), they were out around 4PM.

That's your safe bet, although some have come out before that, around 3PM. I am pretty sure when I checked my last scores (now, this was over 2 years ago), they were out around 4PM.

With this possibility of 2/3 hrs windows, do you happened to know if the headquarter release data on Eastern Standard, Central, or Pacific time zone?:cool:

When I took them over the summer, they were out at 3:10 eastern, which means that I will be in class, but I can check on my smartphone.

When I took them over the summer, they were out at 3:10 eastern, which means that I will be in class, but I can check on my smartphone.

I can imagine you suddenly jump up from your chair and yell at the top of your lung and say YES, YES, I GOT IT!:D

OMG :rolleyes: You mean the window of uncertainty stretch out possible from 1sh to 5.

This is torturing :scared::mad::(:cool::confused::whistle::beat::wtf::boom:
Haha, sorry. I really did spend a few minutes contemplating if I should post that or not. Let's be honest though, you were going to start hitting the refresh button around 12 anyway. :smuggrin:

An easier and/or less stressful way to see if the scores are posted is to stay on here. The delay between scores being released and someone on here saying they are released is really small. So its less stressful to roam around on here then sit on that little window and press refresh. Atleast this is what I will be doing.

Haha, sorry. I really did spend a few minutes contemplating if I should post that or not. Let's be honest though, you were going to start hitting the refresh button around 12 anyway. :smuggrin:

Your taken time contemplating to rub in or not shows that you at least have some caring of fellow SDNer feeling. I deeply appreciate it. :D

However, mine is a unique case that may surprise you. That is, I am not the one taken the 1/28 MCAT, my son's roommate and his best friend were. My son is on 3/24 one.
I have been sucked in and ran along side with them during this challenging journey the past few months and couldn't pull out due to, guess what, of course I care as the elder. :p:love:

I also feel very bad about the emotional near torturing all these 1/28 & 1/27 test taking SDNers have to face even down the stretch. That is just TOO MUCH.:mad: They worked sooooo hard for it.:bang:

My round two of anxiety will come again 4/24.:eek::cool: when my son is on deck. That is very depressing even think about it.:sleep:

Anyway, thanks.:thumbup:

1. Drake-Marvin's Room
5. Sum41-Pieces
6. Three Days Grace-Pain
8. Kanye West-Heartless
9. 32Leaves- All is Numb

"Everything is Everything" by Lauryn Hill is a good positive song that I listen to if I start freaking out about my scores.

Your taken time contemplating to rub in or not shows that you at least have some caring of fellow SDNer feeling. I deeply appreciate it. :D

However, mine is a unique case that may surprise you. That is, I am not the one taken the 1/28 MCAT, my son's roommate and his best friend were. My son is on 3/24 one.
I have been sucked in and ran along side with them during this challenging journey the past few months and couldn't pull out due to, guess what, of course I care as the elder. :p:love:

I also feel very bad about the emotional near torturing all these 1/28 & 1/27 test taking SDNers have to face even down the stretch. That is just TOO MUCH.:mad: They worked sooooo hard for it.:bang:

My round two of anxiety will come again 4/24.:eek::cool: when my son is on deck. That is very depressing even think about it.:sleep:

How'd ur sons friends feel

You remind me of my mom. Every time I call her she asks "Did they release your scores early?" She's been through every step of the journey with me :)

You remind me of my mom. Every time I call her she asks "Did they release your scores early?" She's been through every step of the journey with me :)

You have a good mother! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Our generation, is just like that,.......when the kids becomes 60 years ago; they are still in parents eyes their loving kids.:love:

How'd ur sons friends feel

I find out when I see them this weekend.

Last time (a couple of weeks ago) I saw them, they looked like a robot walking around without a soul (with at least 1000 nano-second propagation delay every time they open their mouths). Strange!:cool:;):rolleyes::mad:.

I didn't have the heart to ask more details. :oops:

Well, I will find out either directly or indirectly sometimes Tuesday night. My goodness, it will be a long day for them.

For the first time since I started this MCAT studying business, I went to a concert - and I had so much fun. I hung out with the band the entire night, and when they asked me if I came out much, I was like "No, this is actually my first time in a loooooong time."

It made me realize that there is life outside of the MCAT - and that fun indeed does exist. I spent 6 hours not thinking about the MCAT. No scores, no "I could've failed," etc etc. It was beautiful. I seriously hope that I don't have to start studying to re-take it, because I've had a taste of freedom - and I don't think I could ever go back to studying like I did last time.

Granted I'll have to start doing that in August for my Masters, but at least I'll have several buffer months of fun. *Fingers crossed*

For the first time since I started this MCAT studying business, I went to a concert - and I had so much fun. I hung out with the band the entire night, and when they asked me if I came out much, I was like "No, this is actually my first time in a loooooong time."

It made me realize that there is life outside of the MCAT - and that fun indeed does exist. I spent 6 hours not thinking about the MCAT. No scores, no "I could've failed," etc etc. It was beautiful. I seriously hope that I don't have to start studying to re-take it, because I've had a taste of freedom - and I don't think I could ever go back to studying like I did last time.

Granted I'll have to start doing that in August for my Masters, but at least I'll have several buffer months of fun. *Fingers crossed*
>>>>>>>>>>>
I really feel what you & a lot of SDNers, including my son & his friends have gone through. With the cut throat competition and the endless insane requirement, one can't describe this madness by words. My generation didn't grow up that way. It seems like getting worse every 5 to 10 years.

No No No, the current requirement for the MCAT is not good enough to filter out the unwanted, we have to raise another bar in 2015. How noble, my goodness!:soexcited:

"Sure, you guys can handle it. No sweat", they said. The problem is the whole world is leaning on this insane mentality. Unbelivable.:eek:

Hang in there, guys. You all come that far......and you are all winners. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

You're a jerk for posting something like this. I was going to let it go, but you're just such a mean insensitive douchebag for that. First off, not everyone has the luxury of studying 12 hours straight for one month. There are some of us that have classes, 9-5pm jobs and other priorities, like taking care of family. Second, what about those of us that have anxiety problems? I am extremely offended that you would say something like that. I studied my butt OFF, and I should've been up there in terms of scores - but I choked at the last minute. Could I have studied harder? No, I did the best that I could. Just like I'm sure a lot of people here did. And Mr. Dad is absolutely right, it's not about the test - it's about dedication and commitment. Not many people can sacrifice everything to study for a test like this. Not to mention all of the stress that comes with practice test scores, nightmares, etc etc.

You're an awful person. Who the hell do you think you are??

You're a jerk for posting something like this. I was going to let it go, but you're just such a mean insensitive douchebag for that. First off, not everyone has the luxury of studying 12 hours straight for one month. There are some of us that have classes, 9-5pm jobs and other priorities, like taking care of family. Second, what about those of us that have anxiety problems? I am extremely offended that you would say something like that. I studied my butt OFF, and I should've been up there in terms of scores - but I choked at the last minute. Could I have studied harder? No, I did the best that I could. Just like I'm sure a lot of people here did. And Mr. Dad is absolutely right, it's not about the test - it's about dedication and commitment. Not many people can sacrifice everything to study for a test like this. Not to mention all of the stress that comes with practice test scores, nightmares, etc etc.

TinsBina22,

I honestly didn't think my off the cup comments brought in such storm. My humble apology to you and the SDN forum.

Your words are well said reflecting lots of SDNers. My deepest respect. Tuesday is only 4 days away. Please calm down. You don't need this unnecessory stress. Again, I am sorry.

TinsBina22,

I honestly didn't think my off the cup comments brought in such storm. My humble apology to you and the SDN forum.

Your words are well said reflecting lots of SDNers. My deepest respect. Tuesday is only 4 days away. Please calm down. You don't need this unnecessory stress. Again, I am sorry.

Why are you apologizing? Lol. It was the GetReal person who offended me, not you!

Originally Posted by MedOldAge
TinsBina22,

Why are you apologizing? Lol. It was the GetReal person who offended me, not you!

I was gonna respond to him too but I didn't bother. Dude is probably just trollin.

Tina you're spot on. I wasn't an sdn member, but when I saw that post I just had to reply. To the guy that studied for 12 hours a day from January 1 to January 28, whom will be disappointed if he has a less then 40 score, and whom will definitely be reading this post I have this to say to you. You may be smart. And you may get a +40 MCAT score. And you may get into a great medical school. And you may get tons of coveted accolades that many try, but few receive in life. But with an attitude like yours you will never be respected. Sure you will be a doctor and people that don't know you will ohh and ahh over it. But to those that do know you and see your personality you will get no respect. Sure they'll listen to you when you talk since you're a doctor. But they won't like you. You're the guy that goes through life constantly trying to 1 up and everyone, and when you do you rub it in their face. You have to be better then them at something because without being better then them in their eyes you're nothing, and so by doing great you feel like you have done better then them, that you have become something more then them. The truth is though, nobody cares. You go through all this hard work to get respect, and still they don't respect you. Sure you can say you're better then them, you'll be a doctor, but they won't care. You're just a smart, know-it-all, jackass with a white coat and a "Dr." in front of his name. And then you wonder why it is that most people probably can't stand you. You'll never be cool or looked at with respect. You'll just be a doctor. One of those dick doctors that give being a doctor a bad name.

Lol, keep going. I really don't care. It's pretty entertaining watching how much you come off like a pathetic and sad loser. How insecure you must be in real life.

Lol, keep going. I really don't care. It's pretty entertaining watching how much you come off like a pathetic and sad loser. How insecure you must be in real life.

this guys been trolling for a couple of days, just brush him off, the mods keep banning him but his life is so dull and boring hes found the time to make about six different usernames.

Hey man, I went into Harvard when I was 10 years old because I was a genius (I cured some diseases when I was 6). After completing college at 14, I interned at Lawrence Livermore Labs building nuclear weapons. A couple years passed and I grew bored of building bombs, so I enrolled in Stanford and got a degree in Engineering (for fun). I worked as an engineer in construction (building hotels and ****) but I didn't feel like my life had meaning, y'know? So I decided to enroll in medical school. I studied for about two hours and took the MCAT. I expect a 45T. :)

So actually in comparison to me you kind of suck. :)

That's a good argument. But I find it funny that soon, I'll be a doctor and you'll be a nobody. Are you going to have anxiety problems your whole life? Men problems as well? Maybe losing a few of those pounds would help...

None of this is true. I don't have weight issues and I don't have men or anxiety problems.

But why are you so cruel? Why would you come into this forum and deliberately be so hateful? And I'll be a nobody? Why would you say something like that to someone? Doctors are supposed to be compassionate and understanding - not bullying, vicious and mean. We didn't do anything to you.

I already feel awful about screwing up my score, so it's really nice of you to come in here and make me feel even worse. This is a support forum, not a making everyone feel like **** forum. I'm not just speaking for myself, but for everyone who sees what you've written. Don't you feel the slightest bit of guilt? Like the time old saying, if you don't have don't have something nice to say - shut your ****ing mouth.

Last edited:
They will be released at 3 pm eastern, the poster who said that they were released at 2 is from Texas, so that meant that they were released at 3 eastern.