The Official April 2016 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drbeat14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
April Fool's you're taking the MCAT! Worst prank ever?! No really, as a serial delayer, I absolutely must take this thing on this day before application submissions this upcoming cycle in 2016. So I thought I would go ahead and start the official thread. Never to early to start an official support/study group.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey April test takers,

I took the scored FL today and had some questions.

Scored 515 with:
C/P 129
CARS 127
B/B 130
P/S 129

Did you guys think CARS from this test was comparable the real deal (in terms of difficulty and interestingness of topics)?

Also, any tips on how to improve CARS in just one week? Probs not even possible at this point...

I thought CARS on the real deal was about the same, but I've heard from others that timing was more of an issue on the real deal than the practice.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hey April test takers,

Scored 515 with:
C/P 129
CARS 127
B/B 130
P/S 129

Did you guys think CARS from this test was comparable the real deal (in terms of difficulty and interestingness of topics)?

Also, any tips on how to improve CARS in just one week? Probs not even possible at this point...
I didn't think it was comparable at all, but without knowing my score I can't say for sure. I also did the first CARS qpack a couple of days before the real exam so that may have helped me some. I thought the scored FL CARS was much more difficult than what I had on test day. Hopefully my score reflects that come May 24th.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't think it was comparable at all, but without knowing my score I can't say for sure. I also did the first CARS qpack a couple of days before the real exam so that may have helped me some. I thought the scored FL CARS was much more difficult than what I had on test day. Hopefully my score reflects that come May 24th.

I agree. I felt that the FL scored CARS was about the same as the April 23 CARS. C/P was a little more difficult than the FL as was P/S. BIO was definitely more diffi5 than FL CARS.....Be sure to understand convoluted pathways with multiple proteins involved...not just A->B->C->D type deal but ratherather A->B->C->D with E activating C and F activates E and K inactivates C. And W and G phosphorylating K which activates A which is activated when it is dephosphorylated by Z......

I thought the CARS on my exam was much harder than on the scored FL. But we'll see. It is so hard to gauge your performance on cars, in my experience...

I thought the CARS on my exam was much harder than on the scored FL. But we'll see. It is so hard to gauge your performance on cars, in my experience...
I 100% agree about gauging CARS. Some of the questions seem very subjective in their answers and that can really shake up scores regardless of how you feel you did. Very, very frustrating haha

I am going to SERIOUSLY try and not look during the day at work... anyone know if historically the scores are up before 5 pm ET?

I am afraid that if it's not great, I'll need to cry (lol) and do not want to do so at work... and if it IS good, then I think I'll probably be so excited I won't be able to get anything done!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey April test takers,

Scored 515 with:
C/P 129
CARS 127
B/B 130
P/S 129

Have you gone through all of the CARS Q packs? and the Khan passages?

I'd say that the CARS are pretty comparable, just a few paragraphs longer. Nothing too crazy topic-wise, at least in my experience

Have any other April 1st testtakers been having dreams of logging on to AAMC and seeing a low score? Just me? I feel like I'm preparing to be disappointed, but it's usually better than you expect, right? At least that's what I'm telling myself hahaha

Reactions: 2 users
Just tell me my score! I have been nervous because my AAMC Scored FL just before the real test was a disappointment. I can do this, one more day.

Just checked my grades for my final semester. All A's!

Its been a ride undergrad. Hope I can tackle med school next year!

Reactions: 4 users
Oh quit your complaining. Ill be 28 when i start and i have friends who were 38 when they started....2 even after pharm school decided they wanted an MD not a PharmD. Just rejoice in being a Dr.

Have any other April 1st testtakers been having dreams of logging on to AAMC and seeing a low score? Just me? I feel like I'm preparing to be disappointed, but it's usually better than you expect, right? At least that's what I'm telling myself hahaha

I've honestly had four random nightmares within this past month. I've already blocked a two hour period of time after I view my score so that I can either cry or rejoice by my lonesome. Even though the latest scores are generally posted are at 5 PM EST, I've heard that they have been posted as early as 3 PM.

OMG! It's out!
Chem/Phys: 131 CARS: 131 Bio: 132 Psych: 129 (lol at this because it was always my best score but I guess **** happens)

AHHHH I'M SO RELIEVED

Reactions: 13 users
I was so nervous checking it but turns out I did great:

510 (127/128/127/128)

:):):):):):):):)

Reactions: 14 users
AHHHHHHH I WAS NOT READY FOR THEM TO BE OUT SO EARLY!!!! Good job, mersirena and Phoodie!! I'm so glad this is behind us!!!!!

I'm pleasantly surprised as well!

519 (C/P: 130 CARS: 129 B: 130 P/S: 131)

Reactions: 12 users
YESSSSSSSSSS I'M OFFICIALLY FINISHED WITH THIS STUPID TEST!!!!!!!!!!!

131 Chem/Phys, 127 CARS (Slightly disappointed, but eh!), 129 Bio/Biochem, 130 Psych,Soc.

AHAHA **** YOU AAMC

Reactions: 12 users
Now I need to hurry and solidify my list of schools since the AMCAS is opening up in ~45 minutes :soexcited:

I don't know what happened... 507.
128/123/130/126

Are you kidding me? A123 in Cars? My lowest ever. I got 81% in the sample unscored for CARS. Guys, will this be a problem?

I was going to apply IS to all Texas public MD and oos DO.
Is this real life?

128/123/130/126

Are you kidding me? A123 in Cars? My lowest ever. I got 81% in the sample unscored for CARS. Guys, will this be a problem?

Is this real life?

507 is about a 29 on the old scale IIRC.

1. What were your practice exam scores?

2. How did you feel about CARS on the actual exam date?

3. What is the score(s) needed for the schools you wanted to apply to?

507 is about a 29 on the old scale IIRC.

1. What were your practice exam scores?

2. How did you feel about CARS on the actual exam date?

3. What is the score(s) needed for the schools you wanted to apply to?
Utmb with a 28.8 and others that avg about 29.5-31. My score is do unbalanced. I got 77% overall in aamc unscored. Did mostly q-banks and CARS was never my weak section.
I felt fine about CARS when I left. I don't want to retake. Ugh

I feel like I'm buzz killing the thread.

Utmb with a 28.8 and others that avg about 29.5-31. My score is do unbalanced. I got 77% overall in aamc unscored. Did mostly q-banks and CARS was never my weak section.
I felt fine about CARS when I left. I don't want to retake. Ugh

I feel like I'm buzz killing the thread.

I remember reading A&M having a cutoff of 500 for all sections. I would still apply with your score, and hope for the best!

509!! (127/125/129/128)

82nd percentile!

It's not amazing but I'll take it! Ahhh I'm so happy!

509 and I legitimately walked out feeling like I had failed. Best surprise ever.

128/129/126/126

A little bit unbalanced which is bizarre... anyone think this will be an issue?

Reactions: 1 users
128/123/130/126

Is this real life?
I think you'll be fine. Especially with DO schools and the fact that you're a Texas resident. That's still a great score so keep your head up! As long as your EC are solid, just submit early and you'll be fine! That's between a 29 and 30 on the old scale.. You will get in somewhere! Congrats on passing the first step to becoming a physician! :)