****The Official ASDOH Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

lookin at the class fb page, i think you still have a shot for a spot.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll probably be turning down my acceptance this week :(

I really loved the school and it's been a very hard decision for me, so I'm hoping someone who loves it as much as I do, or more, gets a call soon!!

I'll probably be turning down my acceptance this week :(

I really loved the school and it's been a very hard decision for me, so I'm hoping someone who loves it as much as I do, or more, gets a call soon!!

Just turned down my seat. :( It was very difficult to do. Our deadline was for next week, so I'd assume the committee will meet in another couple weeks to send out another round of acceptances. I hope someone who loves ASDOH as much as I do gets in! Best of luck to you all! This is an amazinggg schoooll!!

Members don't see this ad :)
In my round of acceptances, which was the second wave I believe, everyone had til tomorrow, Feb 16th, to either accept or reject their offer. So I'm ASSUMING the committee will meet up again sometime early next week to send out the next wave? I hope this helps, but this is just what I'm thinking.

Good luck! Pulling for you littlemisspiggy!

In my round of acceptances, which was the second wave I believe, everyone had til tomorrow, Feb 16th, to either accept or reject their offer. So I'm ASSUMING the committee will meet up again sometime early next week to send out the next wave? I hope this helps, but this is just what I'm thinking.

Thank you for the good vibes! :luck:

Anyone write thank you letters to this school? I didn't get information from my interviewers.

Anyone write thank you letters to this school? I didn't get information from my interviewers.

Thank you letters are a must. Always. No matter what program you interview with. Especially at ASDOH - with 5,000 applicants this cycle, they invest a lot of time in selecting who comes for interviews and who gets accepted. The class size is only 75 students so if you want a chance at being considered seriously, a letter should be sent. I wrote a letter of intent and a "thank you" letter to each program I've interviewed with and earned acceptances to all of them. Be genuine, however.

Thank you letters are a must. Always. No matter what program you interview with. Especially at ASDOH - with 5,000 applicants this cycle, they invest a lot of time in selecting who comes for interviews and who gets accepted. The class size is only 75 students so if you want a chance at being considered seriously, a letter should be sent. I wrote a letter of intent and a "thank you" letter to each program I've interviewed with and earned acceptances to all of them. Be genuine, however.

Wait...you wrote genuine letters of intent to each program you interviewed with?

Wait...you wrote genuine letters of intent to each program you interviewed with?

One can be genuinely interested in each program she applies to...because each program has unique differences. This is the purpose of interviewing at schools, to see if those interests one has gained by researching the program will make the applicant the best clinician she can be. If you're not genuinely interested and applying blindly, adcoms can see right through this.

Yeah... you should only be able to write one truly genuine letter of intent.

One can be genuinely interested in each program she applies to...because each program has unique differences. This is the purpose of interviewing at schools, to see if those interests one has gained by researching the program will make the applicant the best clinician she can be. If you're not genuinely interested and applying blindly, adcoms can see right through this.

I applied blindly... and was offered an interview at 95% of the schools I applied to and accepted to 100% of the schools I interviewed at (ASDOH included) with no thank yous and no letter of intent.

To each his/her own.

Surprisingly...the schools I did not send thank you letters to were the ones that accepted me (for the most part), haha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone that has been accepted into ASDOH been notified of receiving a school based scholarship? I was told by Azra that the school doesn't offer them because they are non-profit but other students accepted have heard otherwise! Help!! :confused:

For those of you who were accepted, did you contact Azra to know your chances beforehand? or were you just waiting and were contacted with acceptance offers?
I have been keeping contact with Azra often and wanted to contact her again concerning February acceptance round, but was afraid that I might be pestering her...

Been trying to call Azra today and something seems to be wrong with her phone line. Anyone else having this problem? I need to talk to her!

For those of you who were accepted, did you contact Azra to know your chances beforehand? or were you just waiting and were contacted with acceptance offers?
I have been keeping contact with Azra often and wanted to contact her again concerning February acceptance round, but was afraid that I might be pestering her...

Hey, I had asked her what my chances were prior to receiving an acceptance. But that's because she had specifically told me to tell her if I had received acceptances elsewhere, too, and that was the reason I contacted her. To tell her I received other acceptance offers and wanted to know what my chance was at ASDOH. Then she proceeded to tell me I was in the top batch, and a week later I was accepted.

Good luck to you! She's great with emails, so that's strange she's not responding...:confused:

Hey, I had asked her what my chances were prior to receiving an acceptance. But that's because she had specifically told me to tell her if I had received acceptances elsewhere, too, and that was the reason I contacted her. To tell her I received other acceptance offers and wanted to know what my chance was at ASDOH. Then she proceeded to tell me I was in the top batch, and a week later I was accepted.

Good luck to you! She's great with emails, so that's strange she's not responding...:confused:

That's the exact reason why I am calling her, but I am not on the waiting list or anything (yet). I just left her a voice mail so hopefully she will call me back. Otherwise I'll try e-mailing her.

That's the exact reason why I am calling her, but I am not on the waiting list or anything (yet). I just left her a voice mail so hopefully she will call me back. Otherwise I'll try e-mailing her.

Whenever I've emailed her, she's responded within minutes. Phone calls, not so much. Email is best with Ms. Baab!

So I called the office yesterday and they said they still have SOME spots left it was really vague because I guess the second round of acceptances go out this week so they don't have an exact number but they said there is still room for wait list :/

So something I don't understand about ASDOH is how students are ranked? since its pass/fail how do you know whos at the top of the class; since the boards are now pass/fail as well grades seem to be the only determinant for ranking when applying to specialty programs.

UCLA is also pass/fail but they have a internal ranking in addition their pass fail has levels (high pass, pass, low pass, fail).

We actually have letter grades. So you can inquire about your rank if you'd like to.

Although grades are important, I would say connections and your CV weigh a little bit more in determining your chance of matching to the program of your choice.

Oh I must have misunderstood the P/F system or mixed it up w/ a diff program. Thanks for the clarification.

What do you guys know about the ultimate list in ASDOH?

What do you guys know about the ultimate list in ASDOH?

aaahhh the ultimate list. A lot of rumors about this list. Some say that it's simply a list of their favorite candidates each year. Kind of like the "dream team" for each class. Others say it's a list of their favorite pizza toppings to make an ultimate pizza. No one truly knows and everyone is too afraid to ask. :smuggrin:

Anyone accepted for February round?

I have not heard anything. I interviewed early February. I called left a message and sent an email last week and never received any response back. I sent another email yesterday and still have not received any response back.

I have not heard anything. I interviewed early February. I called left a message and sent an email last week and never received any response back. I sent another email yesterday and still have not received any response back.

Admissions met yesterday. I called today. Azra told me they haven't ranked the waiting list yet but that she knows I'm towards the top. They Will have more info next week

Admissions met yesterday. I called today. Azra told me they haven't ranked the waiting list yet but that she knows I'm towards the top. They Will have more info next week

Does that mean that if you didn't hear anything today, you can only hope for waiting list? or that no one has been sent an acceptance yet for this round?

Does that mean that if you didn't hear anything today, you can only hope for waiting list? or that no one has been sent an acceptance yet for this round?

Azra told me that they sent all the acceptance today..

that's weird... i called today and Azra told me that they're gonna send acceptance next week.

that's weird... i called today and Azra told me that they're gonna send acceptance next week.

Well I know another round of deposits were due today. They will probably start accepting more next week based on who didn't turn in their deposit today. Just a theory...

Did anyone try and talk with Azra again? I emailed her asking if there were admissions updates since the committee meeting, and she replied back telling me to call at 3 p.m., that she'll have an answer for me...wonder what she might say...

Did anyone try and talk with Azra again? I emailed her asking if there were admissions updates since the committee meeting, and she replied back telling me to call at 3 p.m., that she'll have an answer for me...wonder what she might say...

Thanks for letting us know. I have emailed her a few times over the last week and have never received a response back. It could be because she is waiting to hear back from the committee

For those referring to the "ultimate list" are you sure its not "alternate list"? over the phone those two words sound very similar (or did someone get an e-mail saying youre on the "ultimate list")..

never heard that from any other dent school so I figure its meant to be alternate.

Just got an email saying I'm on the alternate list. It also includes my exact position on the list.

I got the email regarding to the alternative list..I have been placed on number 10..do you guys think there is a chance of getting in this cycle?

I asked Azra this. She said typically 10-12 students give up their seats and to keep in mind that our position might move up if people decline their alternate spot. Hopefully you get accepted soon! I'm #11.

I asked Azra this. She said typically 10-12 students give up their seats and to keep in mind that our position might move up if people decline their alternate spot. Hopefully you get accepted soon! I'm #11.

Hope we both get accepted soon..when was your interview?

I also got an email stating that I'll be on the alternate list. The class is full as of now and they are no longer conducting interviews as of what was stated when I called today.

I'm on the list too at #7. Azra also told me to keep in mind that last year they got all the way to #19 out of 20.

I'm on the list too at #7. Azra also told me to keep in mind that last year they got all the way to #19 out of 20.

Yeah, I remember her saying that, but I think each year is different.

I was not given an offer today but got acceptances from Columbia and Case western today.. So not a bad day at all :) Case western also offered me a $15K / year scholarship . Which one do you guys think I should take? Best of luck to all, hope you all get in somewhere

Yeah, I remember her saying that, but I think each year is different.

Hey lavashak.. you're making my mouth water (for all non-persian speakers I'm not being gross here. Lavashak means fruit rollup :).. are you persian? if so, I might have interviewed with you..