***The Official Harvard Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arabidopsis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
DMD Admissions Process
First application complete email: 8/11 (from 2015-2016 cycle)
First interview invite: 9/16
First interview day: 10/2
First acceptance: 12/1
First wait-list: 12/3
First rejection: 12/1

Admission Requirements
Prerequisite courses with lab:
-Two semesters [8 credits/12 quarter hours] of: Biology, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physics
One semester of Biochemistry
Two semesters of Mathematics: Calculus I + II and/or Calculus I + Statistics
Two semesters of English- preferably composition
Three letters of recommendation [faculty or pre-health committee]: at least two letters must be from professors in the sciences

Application Fee ($75 in US funds, check or money order only)
A non-refundable application fee must be submitted no later than December 15 to be considered for admission. Include the Applicant Name and DENTPIN on the payment. Cash or credit cards are not accepted. Submit to:
Harvard School of Dental Medicine
Admissions: DMD Program
188 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115

Supplemental Application (granted after interview invite only)
-Honors, awards, and/or scholarships. (Do not include need-based financial aid awards.)
-Extracurricular activities/community service since entering college. Please be specific.
-What have you gained/learned from your participation in these activities?
-Dental experience - indicate the name(s) of the practice(s), number of hours/week, number of weeks, and your responsibilities.
-Research experience - indicate the name of your faculty sponsor(s), the nature of the project(s), the duration of your participation, and your role. You may include a copy of any publication to which you contributed.
-Please tell us about your participation in sports, hobbies, recreational activities, and/or other interest.
-What factors influenced your decision to apply to HSDM?
-Please describe your career goals following graduation from dental school.
-Can you describe a time when things didn't turn out as expected? How did you handle it?
-What do you think the biggest challenge that will face the dental profession during your career as a dental professional will be, and how do you prepare to meet that challenge?
-Please provide any additional information that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider.

Stats (for 2015 entering class)
GPA: 3.81
DAT: 23
Applicants: 974
Interviews: 112 (11.5%)
Offers of Admission: 42 (4.3%)
Enrolled: 35
Male: 34%
Female: 66%
URM: 20%
Non-Science Majors: 20%
Mean Age: 23

Cost of Attendance
Tuition: $58,050
Total: $90,586

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking about applying here too. Its always seemed like Harvard is unattainably far away... but also has qualities that I've long been attracted to! I was wondering, however, whether I could qualify for an interview spot without any research? The rest of my application is good and I have a 3.9 science, 3.93 overall GPA with 25AA/25TS. I dont want to take up room on this thread, but if I could PM someone that feels they are qualified to help, I'd greatly appreciate it!

They just cashed my check today! My DAT is around average for Harvard, but my GPA is a little sub-par. I did a fair amount of research though, which hopefully will be something that they like. Good luck everyone!

Just got my fee waived, good luck everyone! Also did a fair amount of research and some interesting extracurriculars, but who knows what they really want!

Applying here too! I'm going to be a little late (welll...mid July :rolleyes:) getting my AADSAS done. Super excited since this is my reach school!

Just got an application received email! GPA verified & submitted ~ 4 weeks ago, they cashed my check ~ 2 weeks ago. Good luck team

I got an Application Incomplete email a few days ago. Like Columbia, Harvard needs LORs from 3 science profs and I only have 2 on AADSAS (the other 3 are from a supervisor and a dentist). Does anybody know if my 3rd prof can email his letter to HSDM or does he has to mail the physical letter?

I got an Application Incomplete email a few days ago. Like Columbia, Harvard needs LORs from 3 science profs and I only have 2 on AADSAS (the other 3 are from a supervisor and a dentist). Does anybody know if my 3rd prof can email his letter to HSDM or does he has to mail the physical letter?

I had a slightly similar situation- emailed them a month ago and here's what they said :

Thank you for your email and interest in Harvard School of Dental Medicine. Once our office receives your application, we will process it and let you know if any additional information is needed. At that time, should you need an additional LOE to fulfill our requirements, you may send a letter directly to us if it is for the purpose of completing your application. However, we strongly prefer that all letters be uploaded via AADSAS. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Call them tomorrow to confirm if you'd like! If you don't want to go through the hassle of having your professor mail it, send it through interfolio yourself :)

You don't need 3 sciences, just 2.

"Three individual letters of recommendation or one letter from a Pre-Health Committee are required. Three individual letters should be from faculty members who can speak to your academic abilities and potential for success in the program and field. At least two of these letters must be from professors in the sciences."

DMD Admissions Process
First application complete email: 8/11 (from 2015-2016 cycle)
First interview invite: 9/16
First interview day: 10/9
First acceptance: 12/1
First wait-list: 12/3
First rejection: 12/1

Admission Requirements
Prerequisite courses with lab:
-Two semesters [8 credits/12 quarter hours] of: Biology, Inorganic Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, and Physics
One semester of Biochemistry
Two semesters of Mathematics: Calculus I + II and/or Calculus I + Statistics
Two semesters of English- preferably composition
Three letters of recommendation [faculty or pre-health committee]: at least two letters must be from professors in the sciences

Application Fee ($75 in US funds, check or money order only)
A non-refundable application fee must be submitted no later than December 15 to be considered for admission. Include the Applicant Name and DENTPIN on the payment. Cash or credit cards are not accepted. Submit to:
Harvard School of Dental Medicine
Admissions: DMD Program
188 Longwood Avenue
Boston, MA 02115

Supplemental Application (granted after interview invite only)
-Honors, awards, and/or scholarships. (Do not include need-based financial aid awards.)
-Extracurricular activities/community service since entering college. Please be specific.
-What have you gained/learned from your participation in these activities?
-Dental experience - indicate the name(s) of the practice(s), number of hours/week, number of weeks, and your responsibilities.
-Research experience - indicate the name of your faculty sponsor(s), the nature of the project(s), the duration of your participation, and your role. You may include a copy of any publication to which you contributed.
-Please tell us about your participation in sports, hobbies, recreational activities and/or other interest.
-What factors influenced your decision to apply to HSDM?
-Please describe your career goals following graduation from dental school.
-Can you describe a time when things didn't turn out as expected? How did you handle it?
-What do you think the biggest challenge that will face the dental profession during your career as a dental professional will be, and how do you prepare to meet that challenge?
-Please provide any additional information that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider.

Stats (for 2015 entering class)
GPA: 3.81
DAT: 23
Applicants: 974
Interviews: 112 (11.5%)
Offers of Admission: 42 (4.3%)
Enrolled: 35
Male: 34%
Female: 66%
URM: 20%
Non-Science Majors: 20%
Mean Age: 23

Cost of Attendance
Tuition: $58,050
Total: $90,586
Wait, you guys have a 2:1 female:male ratio in your class? No fair!

Reactions: 1 users
Wait, you guys have a 2:1 female:male ratio in your class? No fair!

The 2016 entering class also has a significant female majority with 21 females (60%) and 14 males (40%), a 1.5:1 ratio. However, because the class size is only 35, every enrolled female swings the gender differential by 6%, so it's not too difficult to arrive at a proportional imbalance.

Members don't see this ad :)
The 2016 entering class also has a significant female majority with 21 females (60%) and 14 males (40%), a 1.5:1 ratio. However, because the class size is only 35, every enrolled female swings the gender differential by 6%, so it's not too difficult to arrive at a proportional imbalance.
Sorry for the mistake in calculations. I ain't too good at that fancy book learnin.

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone else gotten the Application Complete email yet?

How long did it take for them to cash out your checks guys?? I sent mine on 7/17 and now I am worried whether my check has been lost :(

How long did it take for them to cash out your checks guys?? I sent mine on 7/17 and now I am worried whether my check has been lost :(

That's odd, they cashed my check in two days

Anyone send a money order? Do they let you know when they'd received or cashed your check?

Hi All! Good luck to those applying! I'm a third year here at HSDM and would be happy to answer any questions about the school. I'm a bit removed from the application process and also a member of the old curriculum and can attest to the clinical portion of the curriculum but if you're interested in the learning about the first two years of didactics, I will have to defer to a 2019er/2020er since they are in the new curriculum. Many faculty that were in my curriculum are in the new curriculum and I can say without a doubt they are amazing!

Reactions: 3 users
Just received interview call.

3.96, 23AA 21PAT 26 MDT (Canadian DAT)
Research with publications, a lot of volunteering, few oversea trips, lots of awards and some other random stuff. I didn't think I would get an interview and so it sucks because I already signed up to write the Canadian DAT again :(

The first interviews were held today, 9/26. Interviews are scheduled on Mondays and Fridays, barring holidays and vacations, until 2/13.

If Harvard calls us for an interview, and we miss the call, will they leave a voicemail? Or send an email or something? The reason I ask is that some classrooms I'll be in this semester don't have cell reception and I don't think I get missed call notifications for calls received while not having reception. Anyone know?

Just got put under review recently.

i even emailed them last week to ask a general question and i was met with total silence lmao

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users
Just switched to under review--how long did it take for people to receive an invite after this happened?

Who still hasn't received an invite since being switched over?

Just switched to under review--how long did it take for people to receive an invite after this happened?

Who still hasn't received an invite since being switched over?
I don't think it means much other than letting you know that they reviewed your file.

Just got the interview call! They still have a few November dates left, as well as some December dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.