****The Official Howard University Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Oct 3rd interview
I have an October 3rd interview also. just got an email. can anyone tell me more about the interview process and what would be a good place to stay for the interview. thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! I hope to hear from Howard too...

BTW, was your status on AADSAS updated?
I just checked this morning and my AADSAS status still says application under review. You'll hear from them, I'm sure. How are you preparing for your interview on the 23rd?

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing your stats / residency / when you applied?
Thanks...I'm a maryland resident. I got the email yesterday around 5-ish. I submitted my AADSAS app June 16th. This is the first I've heard from Howard since sending in the app fee.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an October 3rd interview also. just got an email. can anyone tell me more about the interview process and what would be a good place to stay for the interview. thanks
Congrats.....in your email, they recommended a hotel that's close by. Yea,I'd love to get some intel on what Howard's interview format will be. Cya on the 3rd.

I just checked this morning and my AADSAS status still says application under review. You'll hear from them, I'm sure. How are you preparing for your interview on the 23rd?
I haven't done much preparing. I just bought a book on amazon about dental interviews. But that is about it. Have you been preparing?

Not really. I have a few friends that are in their 2nd year @ Umaryland now and they sent me the questions that were asked to them.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, my aadsas application stat. for Howard said "invited for an interview" for like 5 days, then I checked today and it went back to under review....I'm worried has this happened to anyone else???

its been pretty quiet on here... anyone heard back about invites??

how was the interview? How many people were there? Do you know how many dates are left for a pre dec Interview? Still waiting patiently for Howard :(

Just got an interview for Oct 21st!! beyond excited!!! :)

Just got an interview for Oct 21st!! beyond excited!!! :)
Congrats! Thats so exciting! Would you mind telling me when you receive the "We've received your application fee" email? I'm sill waiting to hear from them.

Congrats! Thats so exciting! Would you mind telling me when you receive the "We've received your application fee" email? I'm sill waiting to hear from them.
Thanks! I got the email about my fee app being received July 30, about a week after they received my application.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I got the email about my fee app being received July 30, about a week after they received my application.
Okay, thanks for sharing! That's actually good news for me… they might still be considering my app lol.

Do you guys know if one has to complete all prereqs to get an interview?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Do you guys know if one has to complete all prereqs to get an interview?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile
i dont think so. i have a couple prereqs i have to complete, but was given an interview.

I just got an interview for November 15...Does anyone know what type of questions they will ask on the interview so that I can be better prepared.

Interview on the 25th Oct. I so happy for this opportunity.Praise God! Those who had interviewed already, how was it like? For those who are still waiting to hear back i wish you the very best :)

Reactions: 1 users
Interview on the 25th Oct. I so happy for this opportunity.Praise God! Those who had interviewed already, how was it like? For those who are still waiting to hear back i wish you the very best :)
Congrats on the interview!! does anyone know what the interview format is like?? Is it one-on-one or panel? What are some of the questions asked, etc. thanks!

Congrats on the interview!! does anyone know what the interview format is like?? Is it one-on-one or panel? What are some of the questions asked, etc. thanks!
Thank you. I have no clue abt the interview format. I guess you'll have to tell me all abt it when you have yours :)

Tour, meet dean and financial aid, 2 on 1 interview

I am still waiting to hear from Howard.. I hope to hear back from the school soon..

I applied in August; Hopefully I'll hear back soon as well!! Congratulations to everyone who has already received interviews! Best of luck!!

Thanks guys :) best of luck to you as well. For those who are getting ready to interview, just a heads up on the format. I recently had my interview, and thankfully it went really well! i was super nervous. The interview is really relaxed, they just want to know about who you are- so relax ;) and be yourself.

Tour, meet dean and financial aid, 2 on 1 interview
Was there an essay?
Thanks guys :) best of luck to you as well. For those who are getting ready to interview, just a heads up on the format. I recently had my interview, and thankfully it went really well! i was super nervous. The interview is really relaxed, they just want to know about who you are- so relax ;) and be yourself.
How long was the interview;mine seems like it's gonna be the whole day. How many other applicants where there? Did you have to write an essay etc...?

Was there an essay?

How long was the interview;mine seems like it's gonna be the whole day. How many other applicants where there? Did you have to write an essay etc...?

there was an essay, though not very difficult. my interview took about 25 -30 mins.

Just got the interview invitation today, I am super excited! interview date: 10/29 :biglove:
my interview seems pretty long (almost 6 hrs), if the interview is about 30 min, then what do we do for other 5 hours? is it include lunch time? I know some schools have a lunch time with the dental students.

Just got the interview invitation today, I am super excited! interview date: 10/29 :biglove:
my interview seems pretty long (almost 6 hrs), if the interview is about 30 min, then what do we do for other 5 hours? is it include lunch time? I know some schools have a lunch time with the dental students.

Congrats! Thats so exciting! Would you mind telling me when you receive the "We've received your application fee" email?

Congrats! Thats so exciting! Would you mind telling me when you receive the "We've received your application fee" email?

They e-mailed me on Sept. 23 saying my application will be reviewed, but I got my application fee returned in mail on Oct. 2nd because I paid with personal check. So I sent the money order back to school the next day, they should receive the application fee on Oct. 6, never got any e-mail saying my application fee had been received afterwards.

They e-mailed me on Sept. 23 saying my application will be reviewed, but I got my application fee returned in mail on Oct. 2nd because I paid with personal check. So I sent the money order back to school the next day, they should receive the application fee on Oct. 6, never got any e-mail saying my application fee had been received afterwards.

Thanks for sharing! Good luck! :)

Just received an interview invitation today for Nov 21. Did any one stay Sheraton Hotel in silver spring and received the special rate?

Just received an interview invitation today for Nov 21. Did any one stay Sheraton Hotel in silver spring and received the special rate?
I stayed at the hotel and yes you'll receive the special rate. Tell them you are there interviewing with Howard. They are pretty nice and i enjoyed my stay!

I too was at the Oct. 29th interview, what was your name? I hope you get it! Maybe we will be classmates.

I'm from the area and go to Howard for undergrad.

If you're looking for the cheapest hotel, I would say Red Roof Inn in Lanham, MD is your best bet. I believe you can get a room around $65.

You can walk 5 mins down the block to the bus stop.
Take F13 Bus to New Carrollton Station. Bus trip is less than 10 mins.
Hop on the metro and get off at L'Enfant Plaza Station
Transfer to the Yellow or Green line headed to Greenbelt Station.
Get off at Shaw-Howard Station.Metro trip is around 30 mins.
Walk to the dental school. Takes 10 mins.

Has anyone created a FB group for the entering class of 2019 yet?

New thread for Howard University Class of 2019. Post any questions/updates for HUCD.

Best of luck to all the applicants!!

I'm from out of state, this is my first out of state interview, can anyone tell me a little ebit about how they liked the school if you've already had your interview with them? Thanks
Interview date: Nov 17

I'm from out of state, this is my first out of state interview, can anyone tell me a little ebit about how they liked the school if you've already had your interview with them? Thanks
Interview date: Nov 17
You mind if I ask when you received your interview invite? And congrats by the way!

I loved the school!! They were really friendly and they want to see you succeed. The interview wasn't too bad either. Just be yourself. I would definitely do a mock interview before going.

I had my interview on Oct 29th.

I loved the school!! They were really friendly and they want to see you succeed. The interview wasn't too bad either. Just be yourself. I would definitely do a mock interview before going.
Thanks a lot for your advice! I was wondering what are your thoughts about the essay we have to write? What was it about?

I'm not sure what your essay topic would be. Everyone's might be different. But mine said what headline could I use to describe my life and why?

I'm not sure what your essay topic would be. Everyone's might be different. But mine said what headline could I use to describe my life and why?
Thanks for sharing! I hope you hear the good news on Dec 1st :)

Hi everyone!

I am what you consider a late applicant, I submitted everything early October and just received an invitation for an interview for Nov. 21st!!! Any one else on here interview that day?? Has anyone been accepted yet? Also any advice and tips would be appreciated (I know, be yourself and be honest). Good luck to everyone, stay positive!

i submitted my appl around july but i havent hear anything back from them yet. Do you guys think i should call them to ask?

It never hurts to inquire. At this point, if they offered you an interview it would have to be in December or during the new year though.