The Official June 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abraxas305

Bark Bark
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So we can talk about all things MCAT 2015.
Just registered too!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know about you but it seems like I got a different test than a lot of the previous people.

Chem/Physics- By far the hardest section for me (and I am a chem major). The physics was very minimal, and the way the chemistry was introduced, it was way different than the old MCAT. The questions that they asked for chem were harder than the FL AAMC yet the physics questions seemed very easy.

CARS: Was a little harder than the FL-AAMC but did not seem that bad. I was able to get through it with maybe 3 minutes left.

BIO/BIOCHEM: I thought this section was the easiest out of any of them. The questions seemed to focus on the broad ideas and not the nitty gritty. I was able to take my time through the passages and answer with a minute left.

PSYCH/SOC- By far a straight crapshoot. It was so many definitions and not a lot of graph interpretation. Either you knew the term or you didn't. I used both Kaplan and TPR psych and soc books and still some of the terms I had never heard. Overall it was fair but some terms I had no clue about.

Hardest section was Chem/physics, next was CARS then Psych/soc then Bio.

Congratulations on finishing the exam! Just being able to take the exam is crazy cool!

Reactions: 1 user
For reference...AAMC full length:
Physical: 88%
CARS: 83%
Bio:81%
Behavioral:86%

Took today:

Physical: felt the best about this section. Far more physics than I expected or studied for but I've always been good at physics so I think I pulled most of them out of my ass.

Cars: ****. ****. ****. I though my AAMC sample test cars score was a fluke and the real thing confirmed this. I ran out of time and had to skim 2 passages and answers 12 questions in 11 min. I'm really worried about this and if I have to retake because of this....idk what I will do. Reading is for losers anyways ;) jk lol

Bio: thought it went better than the practice test but who knows. Feel decent about this section.

Behavioral: I'm convinced the AAMC hired a bunch of salty psychologists who didn't get in to med school to write this section. It wasn't awful but after reading Kaplan and tpr psych books I expected to know all the terms. This was not the case.

Overall I feel ok about the exam with the exception of cars, I know that's going to kill my score :(. To everyone studying, the exam is definently beatable, timing was the biggest issue for me. Went down to the wire on every section. Pulled out a buzzer beater on cars with like 2 seconds left lol

Reactions: 2 users
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1434839563.613982.jpg

That's my kind of celebration

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Those Psych answers... I usually finish that section with 30 minutes to spare. I took every last second today. I was rereading things so many times I swear I spent like 15 minutes on one passage :rofl::lame:
+1
For reference...AAMC full length:
Physical: 88%
CARS: 83%
Bio:81%
Behavioral:86%

Took today:

Physical: felt the best about this section. Far more physics than I expected or studied for but I've always been good at physics so I think I pulled most of them out of my ass.

Cars: ****. ****. ****. I though my AAMC sample test cars score was a fluke and the real thing confirmed this. I ran out of time and had to skim 2 passages and answers 12 questions in 11 min. I'm really worried about this and if I have to retake because of this....idk what I will do. Reading is for losers anyways ;) jk lol

Bio: thought it went better than the practice test but who knows. Feel decent about this section.

Behavioral: I'm convinced the AAMC hired a bunch of salty psychologists who didn't get in to med school to write this section. It wasn't awful but after reading Kaplan and tpr psych books I expected to know all the terms. This was not the case.

Overall I feel ok about the exam with the exception of cars, I know that's going to kill my score :(. To everyone studying, the exam is definently beatable, timing was the biggest issue for me. Went down to the wire on every section. Pulled out a buzzer beater on cars with like 2 seconds left lol
I pulled the buzzer beater on CARS too! I hope it doesn't mean overtime... lol

Took it this morning. First time taking the MCAT and didn't prepare for that long (roughly 2 months and a week, but when I was studying I was studying pretty hard.) The only FL's I took were Kaplans and my scores really ranged Diagnostic- 490.... embarrassing I know.... but I scored a 503 on the last 2 I took.

Chem Phys: Not sure if I was dreaming or not, but I really didn't find this section near as imposing as I was expecting. That being said there were some that I was iffy about, and I'm sure I made some stupid mistakes, hopefully not though.

CARS: What in the actual s****. Passages were undoubtedly longer than any of the passages on the AAMC FL. I'm literally terrified to get this score back. It's been consistently my worst section, and I really don't feel good about it.

Bio/Biochem: I'm a biology major, and still found some of these passages rather challenging and pretty dense. Not sure how I did.

Soc/ Psych: Literally retweet what everyone has said before me what in the actual **** AAMC. That was a load of crap. I memorized the entire Kaplan Psych/Soc book and I still had at least 5 terms I'd never seen before.

Praying to God my score turns out alright, I would really love to apply this cycle. I didn't even think about voiding, there's a positive I guess. Regardless, we all studied hard and we should just be happy that were done. Enjoy yourselves.

Just finished. My feelings:

Chem/Phys - Good for the most part. It wasn't quite what I expected as there were a lot of non-biologically relevant passages, which I didn't really expect to see. There were also a few pretty major topics that I expected to see, but didn't get asked about at all. Aside from that, there were a few pure content questions that I remembered reading, but couldn't quite remember the exact details, so although I could eliminate a couple questions, I had to guess between the last two. Overall felt like this section went pretty well.

CARS - never know how to feel abou this section. I felt about how I usually do. The passages were for the most part easy to understand, but a few questions tripped me up a little. Thankfully had a bit of time at the end to go over and review the questions I had marked.

Bio - Similar to chem. Felt pretty good about this section. Lots of focus on experimental data, as indicated by the practice test. Again, like chem/phys, there were a few discrete questions that I had to use POE and then guess since I couldn't quite remember the answers. Overall feel like I did pretty well on this section.

Psych/soc - well...this is where the pleasant testing experience ended. It went about as expected. I'm not too upset though,because I don't feel like extra preparation would have helped. I used all the khan videos, the AAMC topic list and EK/Princeton review material, and there were still a crap ton of terms that I didn't recognize. Hoping the curve on this is fairly lenient, because I feel like I got owned.

Overall: Just glad to be done! Now going to try and not obsess over my scores until they're released. Nothing I can about i now. Congrats to eveyone who wrote today, and hopefully we all did better than expected!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
I freaked out during the PS exam, Nerves got the best of me. Finsihed the last 8 questions in 3 minutes. I am expecting terrible things. That said, Cars seemed easy- concepts were simple or stuff i have read about before. Bio was about on par with AAMC if not easier. Psych was also on par with AAMC. Wanted to void so badly due to PS. Oh well, i will probably sign up for another date. Will not complain , glad to know others did well.

Took it this morning. First time taking the MCAT and didn't prepare for that long (roughly 2 months and a week, but when I was studying I was studying pretty hard.) The only FL's I took were Kaplans and my scores really ranged Diagnostic- 490.... embarrassing I know.... but I scored a 503 on the last 2 I took.

Chem Phys: Not sure if I was dreaming or not, but I really didn't find this section near as imposing as I was expecting. That being said there were some that I was iffy about, and I'm sure I made some stupid mistakes, hopefully not though.

CARS: What in the actual s****. Passages were undoubtedly longer than any of the passages on the AAMC FL. I'm literally terrified to get this score back. It's been consistently my worst section, and I really don't feel good about it.

Bio/Biochem: I'm a biology major, and still found some of these passages rather challenging and pretty dense. Not sure how I did.

Soc/ Psych: Literally retweet what everyone has said before me what in the actual **** AAMC. That was a load of crap. I memorized the entire Kaplan Psych/Soc book and I still had at least 5 terms I'd never seen before.

Praying to God my score turns out alright, I would really love to apply this cycle. I didn't even think about voiding, there's a positive I guess. Regardless, we all studied hard and we should just be happy that were done. Enjoy yourselves.

How did score on your AAMC Sample Test?

Can people post what they scored on the sample test when they comment on how they felt about today's exam?

IT WOULD HELP ME END MY ANXIETY (MAYBE).

I'm ESPECIALLY worried about Bio (and obviously psych/soc which was just impossible).

Can people post what they scored on the sample test when they comment on how they felt about today's exam?

I'm ESPECIALLY worried about Bio (and obviously psych/soc which was just impossible).

I got 90% overall on the sample test and I felt like the real thing was easier. (of course this is subjective, bc they could have simply asked about things that I know better)

Got an 86% on the sample, today was definitely harder (so many details/steps in passages)(free standings seemed specific) but I still felt it was manageable and I'm hoping I did similarly to the sample, fingers crossed

Members don't see this ad :)

I got an 85% on Psych/Soc on the AAMC Practice FL, and I am a Psych Major. Still got raped on that section today.

I posted my comments on the test a earlier in the thread. Overall thought the test was pretty fair/good...with the exception of the psych/soci section, where I felt like I got bent over and used...roughly.

I scored >90% on all the sections of thep practice exam, except psych where I think I had 86%?

Lols no way today was easier than the sample ...
Idk, I honestly remember thinking "wow this is an mcat question?" At some points. Maybe it was harder as a whole but some of the discrete questions in chem and bio were a joke. Also, I'm probably not the best n=1 because the aamc fl was the only practice test I took (2 days before real test) so I guess that practice could have instantly improved my aptitude significantly

[QUOTE="Behavioral: I'm convinced the AAMC hired a bunch of salty psychologists who didn't get in to med school to write this section. It wasn't awful but after reading Kaplan and tpr psych books I expected to know all the terms. This was not the case.

Pulled out a buzzer beater on cars with like 2 seconds left lol[/QUOTE]

Dude. You are hilarious. I couldn't agree more. Lmao.

Idk, I honestly remember thinking "wow this is an mcat question?" At some points. Maybe it was harder as a whole but some of the discrete questions in chem and bio were a joke. Also, I'm probably not the best n=1 because the aamc fl was the only practice test I took (2 days before real test) so I guess that practice could have instantly improved my aptitude significantly

Lol same thoughts at some points. I was like uhhh, I'm crushing this **** right now.

84% on sample. I feel like it was probably a little harder today mainly because of the psyc/soc section which was way harder. But it also seemed like were more blindingly easy questions today than the sample test. I definitely feel like the AAMC is experimenting or something with this new test. It seems like each month has had a different experience with it

Well just got back from the testing center. Thank god I'm finally done!

P/S: Historically been my weakest section always. Not as bad as I was expecting. Not super easy either. There was a decent mix of biochem/physics/chem. As others have said, there were some physics passages I was not expecting that didn't have anything to do with the human body. Also there were a lot more questions regarding calculations then I was expecting. However, a lot of times, with calculations, I usually get some sort of answer that isn't even close to any of the listed answers which makes me freaked out. At least this time, all of the answers I got from my calculations corresponded with an answer choice so hoping for the best here. Felt a bit rushed for time in this section and kinda had to rush the last passage a bit.

Verbal: Not the easiest verbal I've taken, but also not the hardest. Passages were quite fair imo. I think I did all right here. Passages definitely felt long, but I finished with like 5 minutes left so I didn't really feel too rushed.

Bio/Biochem: I don't really know how I feel about this. There were some pretty difficult questions that I had a bit of trouble with. However, there were a number of questions I felt were just way too easy and I had to double check them to make sure I wasn't missing something. This section could go either way.

Psych: Mother of God this section was hard as heck! Like a bunch of people are saying, there were terms I had never seen before. The passages were pretty convoluted and especially with the fact that this was the last section, I had trouble focusing. Quite a few answer choices I narrowed down to 2 and then kinda had to guess. I remember one passage had me like :bang::wtf:

Anyways, hoping for the best and congrats to all of us for surviving!

It's so frustrating how a lot of times I end up narrowing down to 2 answer choices and guessing.

AAMC FL score: 79%
EK scores (3): 70-73%
TPR avg (2): 504

Todays was definitely more difficult, in terms of C/P and BS.

CARS wasn't too bad, i had to rush the last passage tho and guess on a couple.

P/S started off seemingly stupid easy but progressively got more difficult, and the same goes for C/P.

OVERALL:
It had its easy and difficult questions, but it was a fair exam.

I really wanted to void after C/P because I was so frustrated at having to guess and move on for questions i KNEW i could answer, but then I realized it wasn't worth the risk of taking it again and possibly getting an even more difficult exam.

Last edited:
Congratulations to everyone who finished the exam today. I have been keeping up with this thread, and I think today's test was VERY different from the experience described by Friday's test takers.

CP- I don't normally struggle with time on the chem/phys, but time for me was a problem here- so many calculations!
CARS- again not usually rushed for time here, but found myself rushing at the end.
BIO- This seemed way easier than the Kaplan bio/biochem sections
Psych/soc- I don't think this was as bad as those who have posted before me.

My AAMC FL score was 80%

Well just got back from the testing center. Thank god I'm finally done!

P/S: Historically been my weakest section always. Not as bad as I was expecting. Not super easy either. There was a decent mix of biochem/physics/chem. As others have said, there were some physics passages I was not expecting that didn't have anything to do with the human body. Also there were a lot more questions regarding calculations then I was expecting. However, a lot of times, with calculations, I usually get some sort of answer that isn't even close to any of the listed answers which makes me freaked out. At least this time, all of the answers I got from my calculations corresponded with an answer choice so hoping for the best here. Felt a bit rushed for time in this section and kinda had to rush the last passage a bit.

Verbal: Not the easiest verbal I've taken, but also not the hardest. Passages were quite fair imo. I think I did all right here. Passages definitely felt long, but I finished with like 5 minutes left so I didn't really feel too rushed.

Bio/Biochem: I don't really know how I feel about this. There were some pretty difficult questions that I had a bit of trouble with. However, there were a number of questions I felt were just way too easy and I had to double check them to make sure I wasn't missing something. This section could go either way.

Psych: Mother of God this section was hard as heck! Like a bunch of people are saying, there were terms I had never seen before. The passages were pretty convoluted and especially with the fact that this was the last section, I had trouble focusing. Quite a few answer choices I narrowed down to 2 and then kinda had to guess. I remember one passage had me like :bang::wtf:

Anyways, hoping for the best and congrats to all of us for surviving!

I scored an 81% on Bio in the Sample Test but ended up running out of time (had to guess on 3 questions). I do agree the discretes were easy for the most part but I definitely missed those guess the structure questions in addition to the above 3......(you know what I'm talking about). I think psych/soc will be curved quite a bit seeing how no one seems to have anything positive to say about this section.

Anybody have a similar experience? :( :( :( I'm so worriedddddd.

Yea prepping with Kaplan for the biochem on this test was like cracking open a walnut with a sledgehammer. It got the job done, but by the time you were done prepping, you wasted all that time and ended up with a bigger mess than you started with. Basics sufficed

I scored an 81% on Bio in the Sample Test but ended up running out of time (had to guess on 3 questions). I do agree the discretes were easy for the most part but I definitely missed those guess the structure questions in addition to the above 3......(you know what I'm talking about). I think psych/soc will be curved quite a bit seeing how no one seems to have anything positive to say about this section.

The more I read, the more worried I get. Think I need to log off for at least a couple days. I keep rethinking some of the questions, and second guessing myself...

I had an interesting experience. C/P was wonderful, felt great about it. CARS even went well, and I expected it to be my worst section. Then Biology came, and it was a lot more difficult than I expected. Then the power went out. Sadly, I wasn't able to complete the exam and have to retake in August.

I had an interesting experience. C/P was wonderful, felt great about it. CARS even went well, and I expected it to be my worst section. Then Biology came, and it was a lot more difficult than I expected. Then the power went out. Sadly, I wasn't able to complete the exam and have to retake in August.

I feel so terribly awful for you. I am so sorry. You are showing a whole lot more composure that I would have. Best of luck pal

I know we get our scores back on the July 21st, but does anyone know when our percentiles are released?

It said 2-3 weeks on the AAMC website. 3 weeks were for the April and May exams so we might get our preliminaries a little earlier.

I scored a 70% overall on the AAMC FL

Chem/Physics was the easiest.
CARS went okay... hopefully, I wanted to change some answers after rethinking them, but ran out of time finishing the test :(
Biology I felt was my worst section, which is disappointing, because everyone thinks it was easy. I can see myself missing ~15 on this one, due to some bad 50/50 guesses.
Psych, I felt like went slightly below average, but I think it will turn out well.

Overall, I just hope one section isn't too low that I have to retake. Fingers crossed. Hope you all did well.

Would you guys say a 124 is retake status?

I think I know which specific questions you are talking about and glad I found someone else who had the same thing. THOSE DAMN STRUCTURES!!!

I think I know which specific questions you are talking about and glad I found someone else who had the same thing. THOSE DAMN STRUCTURES!!!

I was like HOW IS MEMORIZING EVERY FREAKIN STRUCTURE GOING TO HELP ME BE A GOOD DOC AGAIN?? Now I'm just going to pray to the MCAT gods to give me a decent score on Bio....(I rushed towards the end :( guessed on 3 more questions).

ALSO has anyone noticed them misspelling a disease that starts with an o (trying not to give out any info)? lol

Hey guys just took the MCAT today kinda feel uneasy about it, and I am also applying this cycle. If I have to take it again in July do you think it will put me at a severe disadvantage for applying? Also I have taken the MCAT twice total, I took one last year got a 27, then just took one today. Is it bad if I take it a third time? Thanks and hope all of you are doing ok and lets stay positive!

This is my first time posting on this forum I have been just shadowing this thread for a very long time. and LOL some of you should definitely consider a career in comedy,
But on the real, yall are amazing, if it was up to me I would give all of you acceptance letters to med school. (But unfortunately its not so............. :laugh:)

Anywaysssss..... took the MCAT today on this beautiful day

Official Practice AAMC FL
PS-71
CARS-81
BS-71
PSYCH- 73

PS- This section was a great way to start the exam, slightly easier than AAMC FL i think. I felt good on this section I wrote out all the physics and chemistry formulas I could remember and felt like that prepared me well for the exam mindset, was a little pressed for time but I still felt like I held my own. Projected score: 128/129

CARS- This was harder than the AAMC FL for sure, But I think I held my own. Longer and denser passages, but it was definitely fair, and something I would expect AAMC to put out on a typical exam day, this time I was a little more rushed, but I went into a zen-ninja-frenzy mode and I feel like I was able to justify most responses. Projected Score- 127/128

BIO- This is where I differ from the general consensus, Ughhh I was feeling way too cocky about my unexpectedly smooth start, expecting the section to go well if not smoother than PS. NOPPPEE, got off to a slow start and I think it got me in a funk. The some of the passages were extremely dense with no rests on the FSQ's. Never again will I underestimate AAMC's ability to screw your rhythm on any given section. The worst part is im a BIO MAJOR with 2 years RESEARCH EXPERIENCE so I would fit the stereotype of someone you'd expect to do well on this section and I had a hard time even understanding some passages. Oh well, At least I finished. Projected Score: 125/126

PSYCH- Apply lube. Insert in rectum, just a continuation of what people have been saying. It was the most difficult section. And least similar to any practice exam I'd taken and an overall ******* way to leave the exam room but what can you do? Kaplan helped, but not nearly enough. Projected Score: 125/126 (generous curves?)

I think I probs got a 508 give or take 2 points, which is exact range Im aiming for. Geeezzz cant wait till the prelim percentiles come out.

+pity+idk lemme know any thoughts/feedback.

Does anyone else feel like they entered a trance when they went into the exam? Only to come out of it not remembering what the **** just happened?

Reactions: 11 users
I hope all of you are going out tonight and living it up! I mean we just took probably one of the hardest exams in out life. Props to all of you!

Hi all,

I took the MCAT today. Congrats to all the June test takers. Seriously, we did it!

PS: More math than I was expecting, but it wasn't hard math. A fair balance of biochem, basic physics, basic orgo, and some gen chem. Nothing shocking.

CARS: Similar to AAMC material and the passages were less convoluted than most TPR/Kaplan material I had been working with. A few difficult questions, but thankfully the passages were straightforward for the most part.

Bio: Some passages were tough, but overall it was pretty reasonable. Lots of questions where they throw a variety of acronyms at you, but I was expecting that. You just need to keep chugging and the questions themselves are usually not that bad.

Psych: They definitely had some tricky terms in there that I rarely/never saw in practice. As a psych major, I think I did well on this section but damn, practice your terms.

Overall: It was tough, but fair. The seven hours flew by and it's delightful to be on the other side. Congrats, my friends.

For reference, I was 76%/87%/85%/90% on the Sample test when I took it Monday, and about 505-510 on the various EK/TPR/Kaplan tests I've taken over the past few months.

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. Since the SDN community has been so helpful to me throughout this process, I thought I'd add my testing experience in case it can be helpful to others. Congrats to everyone who tested today!

Chem/Phys: Not as biochem/biology based as I expected. Typically my lowest section, but today seemed particularly difficult. I made the mistake of leaving some marked questions blank and I didn't have enough time to choose answers to a few toward the end (~5, in addition to the ones I probably missed that I actually answered). Frustrated, to say the least. Don't ignore the less "biologically applicable" topics. Hopefully I can score the equivalent of an 8-9 on the old exam (I'm not sure how many questions you can miss and still do well).

CARS: I usually do pretty well on this section and I feel comfortable about my answers (probably got lucky with some passages I had exposure to before). The section as a whole was as difficult as you would expect.

Bio: Seemed pretty typical. As has been said, you really need to be prepared for experimental interpretation. Knowing your AA's is key, but this section seems the most integrated in terms of material covered.

Psych: Ridiculous. Full of terms and experimental interpretation. Most questions can be narrowed to two possible answers but it's all intuition from there. For right now, there doesn't seem to be any source that provides all of the necessary information to do well, so spread your exposure evenly. For reference, I used Kaplan/Khan.

Congratulations again everyone!

PSYCH- Apply lube. Insert in rectum, just a continuation of what people have been saying. It was the most difficult section. And least similar to any practice exam I'd taken and an overall ******* way to leave the exam room but what can you do? Kaplan helped, but not nearly enough. Projected Score: 125/126 (generous curves?)

Ha! A very accurate representation!