**** The Official Louisville Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

I call yesterday.. There has been no movement for the next to be call list yet. I don't know what these peeps are talking bout
Maybe not for those that interviewed post Dec 1 but considering I just sent a $1,000 deposit to ULSD I feel confident in saying there has been movement.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Maybe not for those that interviewed post Dec 1 but considering I just sent a $1,000 deposit to ULSD I feel confident in saying there has been movement.
Instate?

I hear Ya that's awesome!!! Congrats I can't wait to get the chance to do that! It just does my make sense why they would lie!

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear Ya that's awesome!!! Congrats I can't wait to get the chance to do that! It just does my make sense why they would lie!
I don't know. Maybe I'm out of state and you're not and they meant in-state only or something like that? If you are out of state then that obviously doesn't make sense. I interviewed early November, but again unless you were asking only about the post Dec interviews that shouldn't matter.

I really don't know. Again, I got a call last Friday, got my written offer in e-mail. I've had about half a dozen phone calls with different people there and have now finished the background check, sent in my deposit and am sending in my official acceptance tomorrow. I only say that to say that I'm not exaggerating something like them telling me I was in good position or a misunderstanding. The person you talked to was either not informed that they had made an offer on Friday or didn't want to share or something else. Either way, good luck.

I don't know. Maybe I'm out of state and you're not and they meant in-state only or something like that? If you are out of state then that obviously doesn't make sense. I interviewed early November, but again unless you were asking only about the post Dec interviews that shouldn't matter.

I really don't know. Again, I got a call last Friday, got my written offer in e-mail. I've had about half a dozen phone calls with different people there and have now finished the background check, sent in my deposit and am sending in my official acceptance tomorrow. I only say that to say that I'm not exaggerating something like them telling me I was in good position or a misunderstanding. The person you talked to was either not informed that they had made an offer on Friday or didn't want to share or something else. Either way, good luck.
Thank you so much for your insight... It's all very confusing but as long as it all workout I'll be happy! Congrats again and pray for us who are still anxious :)

I find it interesting as well. I interviewed in October and placed on the waitlist dec 1, and they said there would be no movement until February. Out of state as well

I was there today and they said today is the last day.

Ridiculously awesome interview day. I seriously hope for some good news from this school. I loved it there.

Reactions: 2 users
Who else was at the interview yesterday besides me and Pmon?

I was there yesterday. Louisville is definitely the school that has made the best impression on me during an interview day so far. I'm also hoping for some good news from here, but chances seem a little slim

So much of an impression that if accepted I would write a deposit check as soon as I read the email. I wouldn't say chances seem a little slim. You remember when Robin busted in during Dr. Babbage's presentation? Remember what that D1 said? If I remember right he said there are around 10 or so (I may be slight over estimating) in his class that were interviewed on the last day, including himself.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was there yesterday. Louisville is definitely the school that has made the best impression on me during an interview day so far. I'm also hoping for some good news from here, but chances seem a little slim
Why you saying "chances seem a little slim!?"

Interviewed Monday 1/26 and was put on the "Next To Be Contacted" list. According to their email many of their current students came from this list. Does anyone have any idea if this is a ranked list or how they determine who to pull from it?

Interviewed Monday 1/26 and was put on the "Next To Be Contacted" list. According to their email many of their current students came from this list. Does anyone have any idea if this is a ranked list or how they determine who to pull from it?
I interviewed on 1/12. I was flying high and felt awesome about the interview and I 100% want to go there. I got the NTBC email the Wed. after my interview too. I've called and they've told me not to give up hope yet because it seems like there should be more movement in a couple of weeks when time runs out for the early Jan. acceptances. They said they re-review all NTBC people when spots open up, but that doesn't really seem feasible. So, I think they have a ranked list, but they won't tell you either way. It sucks, but just stay positive!

I interviewed on 1/12. I was flying high and felt awesome about the interview and I 100% want to go there. I got the NTBC email the Wed. after my interview too. I've called and they've told me not to give up hope yet because it seems like there should be more movement in a couple of weeks when time runs out for the early Jan. acceptances. They said they re-review all NTBC people when spots open up, but that doesn't really seem feasible. So, I think they have a ranked list, but they won't tell you either way. It sucks, but just stay positive!

Oh I'm totally staying positive! I have a couple more interviews in the next couple weeks that I have to prepare for so I can't be worrying about it too much. But I will say that these two schools that I'm going to will have to do a lot to impress me more than UofL. I read a past Louisville thread and someone said in there what UofL told you, that it's not ranked and they just pick the next best person they think would fit their program. The only way they could re-review all NTBC people is if the list isn't that long. I guess that's why they took your picture at the beginning.

I also called when I was put on the NTBC list and asked if they had a ranking and they said the same thing. The way I figure it is that what they mean by this is that they have a specific make-up they want for the class. A certain number of males and females, a certain number of minorities, a certain number of non-traditional and traditional students, etc. When someone declines an offer then they try to replace them with the most qualified candidate who still fits the bill of whoever just dropped. So there wouldn't be a strict list, but more several lists depending on what groups you would be considered. That was my guess because like you, I can't imagine they can review every candidate each time someone turns them down.

I'm in! :boom::soexcited::banana:

Received the phone call on Wed around 6pm.

Good luck to everyone!!!

Awesome. I interviewed on 1/26 and am on the ntbc list. Would LOVE to get the call.
I completely understand what you're going through and how you're feeling. Keep yourself preoccupied with hobbies or fun activities. I was planning a trip to Japan before I got the call. GL, and I hope to hear good news from your end soon!

Reactions: 1 user
I completely understand what you're going through and how you're feeling. Keep yourself preoccupied with hobbies or fun activities. I was planning a trip to Japan before I got the call. GL, and I hope to hear good news from your end soon!

Wait. Were you on the ntbc list too!?!? I'm keeping myself occupied with all sorts of things.

Called Friday to give up my seat. Hope someone gets it :)

Reactions: 5 users
Any instate people hear anything lately?

Do you guys get those cute emails from them about what's going on at the school?

Any instate people hear anything lately?

Do you guys get those cute emails from them about what's going on at the school?
\

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
by cute do you mean a heart dropping internal scream thinking that I got into my top choice to find out that they're doing fun stuff I'm not able to be a part of since they didn't accept me email? yeah i get those

Exactly how I feel!

by cute do you mean a heart dropping internal scream thinking that I got into my top choice to find out that they're doing fun stuff I'm not able to be a part of since they didn't accept me email? yeah i get those
Hahaha this has been exactly how I've felt every time I see a Louisville email pop up on my phone! What a tease...

Yeah, luckily for me, I just graduated from grad school there, and still get daily e-mails from Louisville. I fight the urge to call and ask about it each day. Why not tell us about their ranking / evaluation of students? Grr.

Hello Everyone,
I am a current Graduate student at University of Louisville School of Dentistry. I stay at phoenix place (one bedroom appartment), I am finishing up my program in May. If anyone is interested in moving in to my place, I will leave all the furnisher for you at no cost. It's move in ready, all you have to do is take over the 4 months I have left on my lease agreement till the end of August. Please email me if you are interested: [email protected]

Any wait listed pre December oos invites hear back yet.

Nope... Interviewed in October, waitlisted dec 1, nothin since...

I don't think Louisville has send anything out for a while.

Im in !!!
Recieved a call this morning.

Reactions: 2 users
Im in !!!
Recieved a call this morning.

Congrats!!! Were you on the wait list? I'd do anything to receive a call from them.

That makes 2 people now accepted off the wait list that interviewed on 1/26.

Come on Louisville ol' buddy don't let me down.

Hang in there STUMPMT!! I have been saying my prayers for you buddy! I know good things are coming your way man!

Just received an email from ULSD! Almost **** myself until I read it asking if I wished to remain an active applicant. Uhhhh yes!

Reactions: 3 users
Have you interview? Are you on next to be call list?

Just received an email from ULSD! Almost **** myself until I read it asking if I wished to remain an active applicant. Uhhhh yes!

My reaction every time I get an email from them. Fingers crossed for us!

Yeah I interviewed Jan 26 and placed on NTBC list.
Oh okay just got my email too it was in junk mail got me worried! You from out of state? But yes everytime I get an email my heart stops for a sec.. Praying for good news! Still

Oh okay just got my email too it was in junk mail got me worried! You from out of state? But yes everytime I get an email my heart stops for a sec.. Praying for good news! Still

Yeah I'm from Indiana. Praying for good news myself!