*** The Official Maryland Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Need some advice on my DAT and thought people in this thread would be better equipped to answer my question than over at the DAT discussions... If I'm in state, have well above average extra curriculars, and got 20AA 19TS 21PAT (but 17 in bio), do you think I'll need to retake and score higher for Maryland? I really don't want to go through the DAT again :cryi:

Members don't see this ad.

When did you submit your application? What's your overall and science GPA?

I don't think you need to retake the DAT. If they've truly passed you over, it's probably for something other than the DAT. But it's still early.

I had a 19AA 21PAT and 16 QR, and I just received the supplementary after a few weeks of review.

I'm applying next cycle but just took my DAT so I am trying to determine if I need to retake or not. I have a 3.2 science and 3.7 overall. I've worked all through college too so I don't know if that'll help at all. Just thinking about taking the DAT is a nightmare.

Just received an interview invite!!! :thumbup:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wow! Congrats! They told you through email or phone? What batch are you? When was supplemental sent?
Thanks! I received an email! I believe I am in the first batch. I submitted the supplemental on 6/25 :)

Reactions: 1 user
Just got my interview invite as well for September 22nd!

Just got my interview invite as well for September 22nd!
Ugh I submitted my supplemental app on 7/7/15. I hope I get an interview invite soon!!!

Received my interview invite about 40 minutes ago. Initially scheduled for Sept 22nd but I switched to the 23rd for travel reasons. I submitted in the first batch but my letter of recommendation wasn't submitted until early July. My GPA is 3.78, sGPA is 3.76. I am a Massachusetts Resident, and I don't remedy when I submitted my supplemental. I think it was before July 1st.

I guess they are going thru first batch and started sending out the interview invitations today! Hope to get one for mine soon !

They must be looking at them by when they were received regardless of when the applications were complete because my committee letter wasn't uploaded until this Monday and I submitted first batch

They must be looking at them by when they were received regardless of when the applications were complete because my committee letter wasn't uploaded until this Monday and I submitted first batch

well, that's dumb...

When did you submit your supplemental app?

I submitted 7/28 and still have not received a supplemental. 3.6 Science 3.45 overall 4.0 BCP 23AA 24TS 21PAT 24RC

Members don't see this ad :)
i believe it was a few days after my application was mailed out.. So late June/early July

i believe it was a few days after my application was mailed out.. So late June/early July
Oh gotcha! Ugh I really want an interview invite soon!

I just got an interview invite! I was really disappointed before when my inbox was empty when I saw that some people received interviews already. Keep your hopes up everyone!

I just got an interview invite! I was really disappointed before when my inbox was empty when I saw that some people received interviews already. Keep your hopes up everyone!

congrats! that's awesome. they had to give you one... you started the thread! haha.

Reactions: 1 users
Me too. This is ridiculous. I don't know what would be wrong with my app, I tried to make it as well rounded as possible.

hahaha chill, you're fine. admissions is always a crazy mess. I'm being semi-sarcastic with my posts. I'm waiting it out for a while.... there's still a ton of time before December 1

Anyone know what the chances of acceptance are after being given an interview?

IS 46%,OOS 17% (from adea guid book) last year....

Last edited:
Doc Toothache's 2015 Guide says that if you get an interview at Maryland, your chances of getting accepted jump to 67%. Not sure what the above guy posted- our data conflicts.

Actually, I should specify that those are your chances if you're out-of state. For in-state people, their chances are actually 55% if you get an interview. Interesting...

Actually, I should specify that those are your chances if you're out-of state. For in-state people, their chances are actually 55% if you get an interview. Interesting...

Maybe they give out in-state interviews more generously and therefore more interviewees to choose from and are more stringent on giving out out of state interviews?

Also in state students are more likely to enroll so they accept a greater percent of out of state interviewers knowing many will go somewhere else.

ADEA said OOS 333 got a interview and accepted 56. IS 152 got a interview and accepted 70...
it is approximately 17%,46% .

ADEA said OOS 333 got a interview and accepted 56. IS 152 got a interview and accepted 70...
it is approximately 17%,46% .
333 interviewed, 222 accepted, 56 oos enrolled. So basically chance of being accepted is 67%

If you get a supplemental app, it is a good sign to get an interview at Maryland?

Here we go again...

Reactions: 4 users
I received the "application processed" email on 7/22 and still haven't received a supplemental:/ I'm OOS GPA 3.9 DAT 24 AA

Yeah, I didn't get the supplemental/submit it until the 27th of July so I wonder when I will hear.

Yeah, I didn't get the supplemental/submit it until the 27th of July so I wonder when I will hear.
It has been almost 7 weeks since I submitted my supplemental app so I am kind of giving up. Like others who submitted little bit earlier have gotten interview invites.

My AADSAS was submitted 7/28. I have a 3.45C 3.6S 4.04BCP 23AA and have not received a supplemental. I called the school and they say "not everyone gets a supplemental".

Has anyone submitted the supplemental and not gotten an interview invite??

Same. I have not gotten an interview after waiting for 7 weeks after supplemental app

Dw guys, those of us that submitted supplementals will be getting interviews soon

Does anyone know if the application for in-state classification has to be in before your supplemental is considered complete?

Does anyone know if the application for in-state classification has to be in before your supplemental is considered complete?

I would like to know the answer to that because I have the same question

Probably. I'm not in state, but it seems like it was part of the supplemental as a whole. They probably also want to determine your residency for if they have separate IS and OOS interview days and stuff.
Maybe call and check though!

I submitted my supplemental in July but haven't gotten an interview yet :(
Have there been any in-state residents who got interview invites yet?