The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

Guys like I don't know what to do with my life now...secondaries are over...primary over....mcat over....basically all the stuff until interviews over....I just don't know what to do with this free time until school starts wow

You're done with secondaries?? Nice!

Guys like I don't know what to do with my life now...secondaries are over...primary over....mcat over....basically all the stuff until interviews over....I just don't know what to do with this free time until school starts wow
Go have fun! not to be too depressing but you don't have much real summer vacation left in your life (maybe a bit before you start med school), so go enjoy it

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Go have fun! not to be too depressing but you don't have much real summer vacation left in your life (maybe a bit before you start med school), so go enjoy it
I want to take off a good chunk of time before medical school starts next summer (if I get accepted)

I'm just going to read all these books I got from the library at the beginning of the summer after mcat and lay outside and tan while doing so.

Members don't see this ad :)
I miss having time to read
I'm so excited for this year to be over and have my 2 months of complete freedom!!!

Also I will not miss refreshing my email and sdn every 10 min

Reactions: 1 users
I'm reading Xenocide right now, it's so good. I highly recommend the Ender's Game series, for anyone who hasn't read it yet! :D

Reactions: 1 user
Is that the one with the virus?

Xenocide and Speaker for the Dead both deal with the descolada virus. Xenocide is the one where the Lusitania Fleet is on its way to destroy the colony. And the Chinese godspoken weirdos are in it too. I can't wait to find out what's up with them, I thought they had OCD or Schizophrenia or something but in the chapter I read just now, Jane said they didn't have OCD.

Xenocide and Speaker for the Dead both deal with the descolada virus. Xenocide is the one where the Lusitania Fleet is on its way to destroy the colony. And the Chinese godspoken weirdos are in it too. I can't wait to find out what's up with them, I thought they had OCD or Schizophrenia or something but in the chapter I read just now, Jane said they didn't have OCD.
Ohh okay. I got about half way through Xenocide before I got too busy last year. I need to finish it. And yeah, I don't know how I feel about the weird God Spoken people chapters. I think its a super long drawn out background for the girl to become a main character.

Ohh okay. I got about half way through Xenocide before I got too busy last year. I need to finish it. And yeah, I don't know how I feel about the weird God Spoken people chapters. I think its a super long drawn out background for the girl to become a main character.

At first whenever i got to one of the godspoken chapters I was like ugh can I just skip over this chapter, so boring. But now I'm finding those chapters to be more interesting than the ones about the people on Lusitania lol. Ender is getting boring in his old age. I still like Valentine tho. Is her name pronounced like the holiday, or Valenteene?

I loved Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, but couldn't make it through the sequels.

I've always pronounced Valentine like the holiday. This is coming from the guy that pronounced Encyclopedia Brown "Ankle-opedia Brown" though.

I loved Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, but couldn't make it through the sequels.

I've always pronounced Valentine like the holiday. This is coming from the guy that pronounced Encyclopedia Brown "Ankle-opedia Brown" though.

I decided to read them in order of publication, so I have to get through Children of the Mind before I can read Ender's Shadow. I'm super excited for Ender's Shadow, I loved Bean.
I think a lot of people have trouble getting through Speaker for the Dead and, even more so, Xenocide, because they have a lot less action and a lot more ethics and philosophical stuff. They're definitely not as exciting as Ender's Game, but I think they're still really beautifully written and they examine some really interesting ethical questions.

I pronounce it Valentine to haha. Valenteen sounds too Hispanic and since they spoke English during their childhood and have to learn Portuguese before they go to Lusitania, I'm gonna assume they're not Spanish or Portuguese.

I decided to read them in order of publication, so I have to get through Children of the Mind before I can read Ender's Shadow. I'm super excited for Ender's Shadow, I loved Bean.
I think a lot of people have trouble getting through Speaker for the Dead and, even more so, Xenocide, because they have a lot less action and a lot more ethics and philosophical stuff. They're definitely not as exciting as Ender's Game, but I think they're still really beautifully written and they examine some really interesting ethical questions.

I pronounce it Valentine to haha. Valenteen sounds too Hispanic and since they spoke English during their childhood and have to learn Portuguese before they go to Lusitania, I'm gonna assume they're not Spanish or Portuguese.
I say it like the holiday. And I like Speaker of the Dead more than Xenocide I think.

Reactions: 1 user
I say it like the holiday. And I like Speaker of the Dead more than Xenocide I think.

Definitely agree that Speaker for the Dead is better than Xenocide. I've had a hard time getting through Xenocide not because it's bad, it's just not exciting.

Apparently, there is a law that if a publisher sells a textbook bundle (like book + access code), they also have to sell an unbundled version, in which the student can buy just the textbook or just the access code. Good to know, my French class requires one of those stupid bundles, but I refuse to pay $200 for a new intro to French textbook.

Definitely agree that Speaker for the Dead is better than Xenocide. I've had a hard time getting through Xenocide not because it's bad, it's just not exciting.

Apparently, there is a law that if a publisher sells a textbook bundle (like book + access code), they also have to sell an unbundled version, in which the student can buy just the textbook or just the access code. Good to know, my French class requires one of those stupid bundles, but I refuse to pay $200 for a new intro to French textbook.
my bookstore does not follow this law..

my bookstore does not follow this law..

Haha it's actually a real federal law, if this article I just read is to be trusted. They probably just make it really hard to get around, plus I don't think anyone knows about it. Threaten to report them (to who, I do not know) unless they sell you just the access code.

Haha it's actually a real federal law, if this article I just read is to be trusted. They probably just make it really hard to get around, plus I don't think anyone knows about it. Threaten to report them (to who, I do not know) unless they sell you just the access code.
I would but I stopped buying books freshman year haha. I just borrow on the rare occasions when I feel like doing the readings

Haha I'm actually really excited for my classes this semester, but that excitement will probably fade after about two weeks.
yea I'm excited about a couple advanced bio but the rest are meh. also one of my best friends graduated early so this year will be weird

yea I'm excited about a couple advanced bio but the rest are meh. also one of my best friends graduated early so this year will be weird

Lol all my friends either graduated in May, will be graduating in December, or hate me. It's gonna be a lonely year.

My best friend graduated when I was a junior lol. I made more friends my senior year though to compensate :)