The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was just trying to describe this thread to some friends. Even though I am on here less, I hope this group continues to do well. Really hope we all have an acceptance by March.

Reactions: 4 users
I've noticed so far almost everyone on my interview day seems to be in a gap year/already graduated! does this intimidate anyone else lol

Anyone have tips for a panel interview? I'm already nervous, will be hard to listen to other answers and think about my own at the same time.. :scared:

Saaame I wonder if it's my MCAT score that's killing me. Are you still at 2 IIs?
Yup. Two II's. One rejection from Pitt (expected). And then just silence everywhere. Hopefully most of the schools I've applied to still have II spots left. I really start to worry if I don't hear anything from anywhere by the end of October.

And your MCAT is equal to a 33, which should give a pretty good chance for acceptance somewhere

Last edited:
im sure they are coming, and I think they've only given out like half of the interviews if even that at most schools

I have 3 exams this week and no time left to study :cryi:

Reactions: 1 user
I was hoping for a bit more, but I guess I can't complain. I got my state school interview early, and have SLU and Iowa. My rejections, Mayo, Pitt and Pritzker are not a surprise. If I could do it over again, I would have doe more research, but that wasn't my focus. Hopefully I will get a couple more interviews.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just keep telling myself it is still pretty early and not to worry. They're surely coming for us!

Man, I wish I submitted my AMCAS on the first day. If I could do it over again, I'd have tried to do my PS the semester before I studied for the MCAT. It took way longer than I expected.

If I have to reapply (god forbid), I'm definitely pre-writing everything months the AMCAS opens for submission

Man, I wish I submitted my AMCAS on the first day. If I could do it over again, I'd have tried to do my PS the semester before I studied for the MCAT. It took way longer than I expected
I know! I had everything ready but due to a grade issue that I had to wait to be resolved til mid June, I couldn't submit til then. Kind of sucked.

I know! I had everything ready but due to a grade issue that I had to wait to be resolved til mid June, I couldn't submit til then. Kind of sucked.
I had to wait a long time before I could submit (not that my PS was done then anyways) because AMCAS messed up something with my transcript. It's a long, frustrating story. I could have submitted almost a week earlier if everything went as it should have.

I've been hearing on sdn that submitting early doesn't exactly help a lot, and to apply when your application is the strongest
who knows exactly how it works though

And my state school that only sends secondaries to people they will interview just sent out the first II just a few minutes ago! Ahhh

Hello everyone. I retreated for a while while doing secondaries and relating to SF for work. I hope everyone is doing well and getting those interviews and acceptances. I have some news myself. I got three interviews lined up. USC on Oct 20, UC Davis Nov 13th (Fri the 13th!) and Illinois probably on Dec 3rd.
Anyone else interviewing at those schools on those days? P.S not looking for inside interview info I know thats supposed to not be shared just wondering if anyone from this thread will be there those days.

I just looked at some school specific threads, and a lot of the recent II's are for people who were complete a couple weeks before me, which is good I guess, since it means they might have just not gotten to me yet

tired.png

Congrats @mcatjelly, that's awesome! I feel like it's super hard to get an II at GWU.

Ahhh so cute, and that kitty perfectly sums up how I feel right now. Got on a bus at 7:30pm last night, took Nyquil, couldn't fall asleep for hours, only slept a total of about 2 hours on the 9 hour bus ride. Got home at 5am, slept till 10, got up and went to class, then spent 3 hours doing my take home test for anatomy. I am so stressed and anxious, I think my heart rate has become permanently elevated. And tomorrow I leave for my interview in Cincinnati. Oh and I totally forgot I have a mock interview set up for tomorrow morning. I'm going to have to BS the whole thing, I didn't prepare at all.

Congrats @mcatjelly, that's awesome! I feel like it's super hard to get an II at GWU.

Ahhh so cute, and that kitty perfectly sums up how I feel right now. Got on a bus at 7:30pm last night, took Nyquil, couldn't fall asleep for hours, only slept a total of about 2 hours on the 9 hour bus ride. Got home at 5am, slept till 10, got up and went to class, then spent 3 hours doing my take home test for anatomy. I am so stressed and anxious, I think my heart rate has become permanently elevated. And tomorrow I leave for my interview in Cincinnati. Oh and I totally forgot I have a mock interview set up for tomorrow morning. I'm going to have to BS the whole thing, I didn't prepare at all.
pretty sure everyone bs's their mock interview bc who was actually prepared for it?! haha don't worry too much you'll be fine
I also have an exam tomorrow and currently pulling my first all nighter for the semester

pretty sure everyone bs's their mock interview bc who was actually prepared for it?! haha don't worry too much you'll be fine
I also have an exam tomorrow and currently pulling my first all nighter for the semester

Haha true. My friend told me that the mock interviewer she had told her did a horrible job after the interview, so that's why I'm scared. I think I'm more scared for the mock interview than my actual interview on Wednesday haha. The mock is a traditional style and the real one is MMI and I find traditional interviews more intimidating than MMI.

Good luck on your exam tomorrow! :D

Haha true. My friend told me that the mock interviewer she had told her did a horrible job after the interview, so that's why I'm scared. I think I'm more scared for the mock interview than my actual interview on Wednesday haha. The mock is a traditional style and the real one is MMI and I find traditional interviews more intimidating than MMI.

Good luck on your exam tomorrow! :D
thanks!! will need all the luck I can get :luck:

Hello fellow May 22nd-ers! Glad to see you all are trucking right along in this app cycle. I am now at 4 MD interviews. No DO interviews (no rejections either though). I am very confused. As you noticed, my MCAT was awful. All I expected was DO love, but alas I am surprised. Anyone else in this boat? Wondering if my DO app is broken somewhere lol. Best of luck to you guys!

Reactions: 4 users
Hello fellow May 22nd-ers! Glad to see you all are trucking right along in this app cycle. I am now at 4 MD interviews. No DO interviews (no rejections either though). I am very confused. As you noticed, my MCAT was awful. All I expected was DO love, but alas I am surprised. Anyone else in this boat? Wondering if my DO app is broken somewhere lol. Best of luck to you guys!
Awesome! I'm so glad you stuck with it and applied, I know you were bummed earlier in the cycle. Best of luck!

Awesome! I'm so glad you stuck with it and applied, I know you were bummed earlier in the cycle. Best of luck!

Thank you so much! Bummed was an understatement. As it appears now I am literally the bottom of the barrel as far as what is acceptable for MCAT scores this cycle . Funny enough, all of the MD interviews I have (had) offered a spot on the 2ndary for explanation. Had very extenuating circumstances prior to the test that I was able to explain. I think that may have helped. That's the only thing I can think of anyway. Thank you for the well wishes!

Just finished my first interview day! It was great. Both MMI and longform interviews. The MMI are nothing to worry about. They just want to see your thought process. And that you can hold a conversation!

I wonder if we met each other at this interview! Small world :)

Random question, but how would you all address a thank you letter to an interviewer who isn't a MD or PhD? Would addressing her as Mrs. be okay? Or would it be better to say Ms.? I know it's nitpicky but I've had it easy with all of my interviewers having been doctors haha.

Random question, but how would you all address a thank you letter to an interviewer who isn't a MD or PhD? Would addressing her as Mrs. be okay? Or would it be better to say Ms.? I know it's nitpicky but I've had it easy with all of my interviewers having been doctors haha.
Dear madam or sir, thanks for your time

haha jk maybe there is a way to find out on the faculty page or something!

Guys I'm such a failure. I was supposed to send a resume to the career center 48 hours before my mock interview (which is tomorrow morning) but I forgot. I don't know if I should send the resume now and hope they'll do the interview, or just email them and tell them I forgot because I was out of town and that I need to reschedule. But you're supposed to reschedule at least 24 hours in advance.

@Lannister send it now. It will be back in there court that way.

I just emailed them and asked to reschedule =/ I'm exhausted from this weekend anyways, and it won't help me for my interview on Wednesday since it's MMI. I probably won't be able to reschedule though, I doubt they'll have any openings before my Case interview. Oh well. It is what it is.

Their website says, "“No shows” are unacceptable interview behavior". Now I feel bad for forgetting.

Guys I'm such a failure. I was supposed to send a resume to the career center 48 hours before my mock interview (which is tomorrow morning) but I forgot. I don't know if I should send the resume now and hope they'll do the interview, or just email them and tell them I forgot because I was out of town and that I need to reschedule. But you're supposed to reschedule at least 24 hours in advance.
For my mock interview they didn't even look at my transcript or amcas or anything, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Always, always use Ms. if the interviewer is female. Never assume someone is married; Mrs. also implies the person is older and isn't exactly a compliment. If you can, try to find a faculty page that may have the person's education background. Some people hate being called by generic titles if they have a doctoral level degree, but it is also fair to use them if you do not know whether or not someone has one.